Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leicester?

Alisson
      6 (5.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      8 (7.6%)
      Joel Matip
      5 (4.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (1.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      15 (14.3%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      64 (61%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1%)
       Fabinho
      2 (1.9%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 103

Voting closed: Feb 03, 2019 09:54:07 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Leicester City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 32091 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Leicester City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #713: Jan 31, 2019 11:57:36 am
      Relax. We're good. 5 points clear. Arsenal will do us a favour on the weekend too.
      Kopite78
      Reply #714: Jan 31, 2019 11:59:14 am
      Propels overractions are mental.

We are a team who has dropped 11 points all season, one defeat and the hammering they want to dish out for last night is amazing

That's football.. Leicester had essentially F**k all to play for last night, they can't go down they won't trouble the top 6.. so they came in with a plan to sit 10 behind the ball all game, slow the pace down and cramp the space.. I tell you what even had the gane still been 1-0 in the 93rd minute that wouldn't have changed

They wanted us to push into their half all game so we were so high that if they then did turnover the play they could try to hit us in behind with vardy and try to create a 2 on 2 as our full backs would be high trying to work an angle in their packed final third

That was their plan.. it worked, they defended well, they have good players to do that type of job

They were open at wolves in their last game as they felt they could take them on toe to toe, they left space and were punished in that game. They knew they couldn't take us on toe to toe as we would kill them so changed their game plan 100% to kill and space or pace in the game

Mid table sides with nothing to play for are the worst type of sides to play in a run in because they dont have to win, they don't need points to survive or points to push for CL places
      But most mid table sides don't have the quality Leicester have and won't be able to play like that
      West ham won't on Monday
      Bournemouth won't

Stay patient and chalk it off as one of those things, take the point, add it to our lead and move on
      Don't over react and say that's it we're crap it's over city will catch us, we've no options from the bench

I don't think many others will either play like that (the likes of utd on their own patch wouldn't) or will have the ability to play like that (West ham, the blueshite, Bourenmouth wont)

Last night was the first team outside of the top 6 to take a point from us.. and they were sh*t scared to play against us how they have played at most other sides because we would destroy them but if you think the likes of West ham have the players, the discipline or the ability to do what Leicester did last night then please relax.. They haven't

One
      Point
      Closer

5 points clear of city

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #715: Jan 31, 2019 12:04:44 pm
      A point's a point.
      Just keep racking them up.

I was just glad there were no injuries last night on a F***ing horrible pitch.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8458 
      Reply #716: Jan 31, 2019 12:39:55 pm
      Surprised Van Dijk isn't taking any flack. That was his worse performance in a Liverpool top, lost his man for the first goal and just didn't seem at the races last night.

Could still be ill. Was a doubt for the game only two days ago.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #717: Jan 31, 2019 12:44:59 pm

What was it Gerrard wrote in his biography “ I have no problem with any official apart from Martin Atkinson he’s a useless C**t”!

The sooner these usesless fuckers retire the better for the game.

Always been biased. Should report him to the Referees Association.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #718: Jan 31, 2019 12:48:04 pm
      Here's some stats....
      ...We are top of the league ..
      ...City are not....
      ...City lost in their midweek clash....
      ....we didn't...
      ....we had a 4point gap ahead of City...
      ....it is now 5...
      ....City WILL drop more points....
      ....than we will....
      .... We have a commanding lead...
      ..... City are more or less F**ked
      .... We are Not...
      .....Gary Neville is a kunt....
      ....Carra isn't....
      .....We Are Going to Win the league...
      .....We Will be Champions....
      .....And City can F**k off.
      .......THE END !!

YNWA

You are a f***ing star   Billy mate !

YNWA
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #719: Jan 31, 2019 01:00:13 pm
      Well we've had a few performances like that over the course of the season and managed to scrape a win, and were it not for a few interesting decisions from Atkinson we might have done the same last night. Not sure how Maguire was still on the pitch, and the penalty looked pretty clear to me.

Ultimately a below par performance though and we can count ourselves lucky that we're up a point on City over the last few days. Obviously we all would have loved to have gone 7 clear but we can learn from last night, take the point and move on. We weren't passing the ball quickly or accurately in the right areas enough and when you have a good team like Leicester defending well it's going to be tricky to break them down if you're not doing the right things consistently enough.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,457 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #720: Jan 31, 2019 01:05:20 pm
      Played sh*t the last few games, us. Our bad patch. But f**king guess what? We're still top of that league.

Five points clear in the f**ker.

Why are people moaning. A point more ahead than we were a couple of days ago.

We're in very capable hands here, folks. This fella has won a couple of league titles.

Loads of footy left to play. Win it or lose it, this, right now, is a lot more enjoyable than wondering if we'll qualify for next season's Champion's League.

Up the f**king reds.

last 3 games has been our bad spell, and we have 7 points from 9.

Not so bad, esp. considering all the defensive injuries.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #721: Jan 31, 2019 01:09:39 pm
      Is there one Liverpool supporter in the entire World that would not have been ecstatic and in total disbelief to be 5 points Clear of City after 24 games back in August.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #722: Jan 31, 2019 01:16:24 pm
      The other thought is we may well win the league by just a single point and last night could have been it. I bet City would kill to be in our position and I think we will now settle down to winning games again and keep the pressure up on City who do have difficult games coming up
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,971 posts | 1356 
      Reply #723: Jan 31, 2019 01:17:12 pm
      5 points clear not bad at all. I didn't post after the game as I tend to sit on it when we don't win.

I had concerns about the midfield, said so on page 1. A home draw where we lash shots in, hit the woodwork, keeper makes great saves..wasn't the case last night. We struggled with the conditions but injuries had an effect.

We can't dwell to much on it, some will, some won't. 5 points clear, great.

Continued support guaranteed.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #724: Jan 31, 2019 01:27:26 pm
      Is there one Liverpool supporter in the entire World that would not have been ecstatic and in total disbelief to be 5 points Clear of City after 24 games back in August.

I'd have called you a lunatic if you told me that was possible back then. It's an astonishing feat
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #725: Jan 31, 2019 01:51:09 pm

This is what we need to remember. But obviously after City losing, we had the chance to make it 7.

There is no denying the disappointment. They play Arsenal, Everton and Chelsea now in a seven day period. Lets see what they are made of!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #726: Jan 31, 2019 02:06:40 pm
      This is what we need to remember. But obviously after City losing, we had the chance to make it 7.

There is no denying the disappointment. They play Arsenal, Everton and Chelsea now in a seven day period. Lets see what they are made of!

I think that is where the disappointment is, ie that we had a good chance to make it a 7 point gap again, but we ran into a good Leicester team whilst we were off colour with a sh*t referee and conditions and a makeshift defence where the 2 best ones were having a very rare off night.
      All in all its the kind of game we would have lost last season and could be a very important point BUT I want to see a proper reaction against West Ham, a big thumping win.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #727: Jan 31, 2019 02:15:59 pm
      They play Arsenal, Everton and Chelsea now in a seven day period. Lets see what they are made of!

No problem for them at all.

Arsenal will fold after 20 minutes and Everton will fold soon as the whistle blows.

Chelsea can be dangerous but after a 4-0 thumping by Bournemouth I cant them slipping up so I see City with 3 out of 3.

We just have to do our job.
      Kopite78
      Reply #728: Jan 31, 2019 02:29:06 pm
      No problem for them at all.

Arsenal will fold after 20 minutes and Everton will fold soon as the whistle blows.

Chelsea can be dangerous but after a 4-0 thumping by Bournemouth I cant them slipping up so I see City with 3 out of 3.

We just have to do our job.

Suppose you saw them beating Newcastle Palace Leicester and Chelsea earlier this season too?

Agree we have to do our job but to say they won't slip up when they have already 4 times this season is a bit too confident
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #729: Jan 31, 2019 02:37:17 pm
      Arsenal ain't going to do F**k all and neither will Everton. Christ the bitters will be cheering every Aguero goal scores.

F**k knows with Chelsea that depends on if their players can be arsed.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #730: Jan 31, 2019 02:42:48 pm
      We are not the team under pressure the best team ever to grace the EPL the team 5 points behind Liverpool are the team under pressure.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #731: Jan 31, 2019 03:09:06 pm
      Arsenal ain't going to do f**k all and neither will Everton. Christ the bitters will be cheering every Aguero goal scores.

Well with United breathing down the necks of Arsenal & Chelsea for a top 4 spot you can bet they will perform..

Everton, I think they’ll draw against City as Silva knows his necks on the block..
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #732: Jan 31, 2019 03:19:46 pm
      Maguire should have been sent off
      We should have had a penalty
      Once we cleared the ball the ref should have blown
      VvD was not fully fit
      We are missing TAA and Gomez

And we are still 5 points clear
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #733: Jan 31, 2019 03:19:49 pm
      Arsenal ain't going to do f**k all and neither will Everton. Christ the bitters will be cheering every Aguero goal scores.

Who would have bet on Newcastle and palace beating city ? You just never know
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #734: Jan 31, 2019 03:40:51 pm
      Always been biased. Should report him to the Referees Association.

He's getting paid under false pretences Skip!
      His judgement/eyesight/knowledge of the rules of football are all impaired, then again that is the case with the FA in general - Atkinson has got a job for life.
      The decisions when he was in charge of games with the mancs were beyond unbelievable.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #735: Jan 31, 2019 03:49:42 pm
      Suppose you saw them beating Newcastle Palace Leicester and Chelsea earlier this season too?

Agree we have to do our job but to say they won't slip up when they have already 4 times this season is a bit too confident

Chelsea I saw them slipping up but the others your right.

Quick Reply