Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leicester?

Alisson
      6 (5.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      8 (7.6%)
      Joel Matip
      5 (4.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (1.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      15 (14.3%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      64 (61%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1%)
       Fabinho
      2 (1.9%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 103

Voting closed: Feb 03, 2019 09:54:07 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Leicester City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 32030 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Leicester City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #736: Jan 31, 2019 03:55:18 pm
      All in all that was a good result. The second i saw the pitch i knew this was going to be a scrappy game. Every pass was followed with a spray of snow and slush, the ball sticking at every opportunity. Difficult conditions and a mish-mash side were never going to be the recipe for a free flowing game of football. I thought both teams tried to play good football but the conditions would not allow it.

Leicester were happy to play on the break and i thought Mendy was outstanding for them. We had our chances and so did they. Definite penalty for me regarding Keita, bad refereeing but what's new? They could have won it and so could we.

Bearing in mind we were missing half of our defence again this was a good result. Can't really comment on the performance as the pitch conditions were atrocious. Nothing we can do about that. MOTM was Mane, looked like he had been snorting angel dust prior to kick off, didn't stop.

As mentioned last night, these lads have beaten City and Chelsea already this Season.

Don't see what all the fuss is about, potential banana skin avoided.

Spot on this ...

Two things fu**ed us, the pitch and that useless ref, we were too slow and that was down to the conditions, and Leicester limiting space, slow play has been a bit of a concern before against lesser sides and in particular the bus parkers, 
      We are still short of a midfield creator, dare i say in the Coutinho mold, someone who can open up defences with a bit of trickery or a sliderule pass, when we play with pace not many can handle us,
      Another slight concern i have is our delivery from a dead ball situation, far too many times especially from corners we fail to get it past the first man, guilty parties include Shaq, Milner, Salah, Trent,

As pro footballers crossing a ball should be a piece of piss blindfolded but too many times imo the ball fails to reach its intended target,  I'm sorry but thats school level F**k up right there, we brought in a long throw in coach, why, if we can't cross the fookin ball !!

We got away with it last night, and that's fine, its what Champions do, collect points when under performing ,
      So onto the bubble blowers next Monday,  a team unlikely to park the bus at home, and another 3pts on the offing, and another step towards the title.

YNWA

adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #737: Jan 31, 2019 04:01:01 pm
      I was very disappointed in the performance, I figure with all the rest and the opening City gave us to open up a bigger gap we would of came out flying and the thing is we had the perfect start scoring 2 minutes in the game and then had 2 other great chances to open it up to 2-0 but we let Leicester back into the game and good on them they played well. I was really disappointed in Shaqiri who again got a chance to stamp him name on the starting line-up on a more regular basis when we start getting bodies back but again he was a none factor, Naby had the odd flashes but he seems to play nervous and Salah was a none factor. This was the type of game earlier in the year we would of saw it off 1-0 with clean sheet but so many changes to the back line and VvD/Robbo who are rocks had a poor moment which caused the goal just shows the importance of having a settle back 5 which hopefully we get when TAA/Gomez get back to the squad.

We got a nice few days off to regroup and focus on getting back to winning ways before we hit tough run of fixtures with Bayern/ManU/Watford/Everton and hope in the meantime City will give us another chance to open up the lead as they do have tough run themselves, I have to think playing those games in such short period they will drop some points along the way.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #738: Jan 31, 2019 04:28:52 pm
      Fair do's to Chicago for this showing yesterday.In minus ass freeezing polar vortez temps.

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 751 
      Reply #739: Jan 31, 2019 04:30:29 pm
      2 points dropped rather than one gained. Hopefully it will not count come the end of season.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #740: Jan 31, 2019 04:35:00 pm
      There is no denying the disappointment. They play Arsenal, Everton and Chelsea now in a seven day period. Lets see what they are made of!

Oil money.

They're full of it.

They're also full of s***
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #741: Jan 31, 2019 09:57:03 pm
      Just think we not really be play well since last few weeks look at bitters game we poor same against crystal place l know we 5 points clear top league just worry form not be great and find hard beat teams should be winning without be so hard we should beat west ham on Monday but our form not be good
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #742: Jan 31, 2019 10:02:35 pm
      Think city will beat aresanl bitters maybe Chelsea lift game because in fright top 4 players what play in champion league but think l be shock if aresanl get anything on Sunday, l think us not winning will give city lift think we won against Leicester last nite we gone win league now we give city and spurs chance get back into win league
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #743: Jan 31, 2019 10:48:41 pm
      Quote from MIRO
      Always been biased. Should report him to the Referees Association.

This is the same ref who left Migs on the pitch for taking out a Stoke player last season, right? And the same ref who was told to send a player off recently by VAR, after initially giving a yellow card for it? He's not biased, he's just incompetent, and another ref who needs VAR to bail him out asap.

I hate playing Puel teams. I still have nightmares from playing his Southampton side 2 years ago, and having to sit through 6 hours of side to side football, trying to break them down with no success. So of the two home games, I was more worried about dropping the ball in this one than Palace.

That said, the line up was wrong. I was concerned when I saw Hendo at right back. I know we're stretched there atm, but he is not a right back and played like it. Could have been dismissed early on for taking an opponent out after his own error to Allison, backheels a routine pass to the opposition soon afterwards, letting Matip take one for the team later, and gone awol for the goal. Awful. Let's hope that experiment is binned.

At least we started well. The early goal should have helped. It could have been 2 soon afterwards through Firmino or Mane, but after half time the score had changed, and the side to side snoozeball which is a regular feature against Puel, was back. It could have been different if we had VAR to give Keita the penalty, or if Firmino's shot went in that the keeper spilled, but it didn't, and we were just banging our heads against the wall trying to break them down.

So one point it is then. There was the mass panic to go with it, but despite the January Jitters striking again this year, we are 5 points clear, which is still a very healthy lead. We all know if we were 5 points behind what people would be saying, from the same people who said City would walk it by a dozen points. West Ham and Bournemouth should be a straight forward 6 points and the panic will be over.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #744: Feb 01, 2019 01:31:00 am
      I love Andy Robertson but I honestly think he has a brain fade once and once only per game.

Giving that free kick away just before HT when it was totally unnecessary, he was going absolutely no F***ing where, did my head in. Was screaming at him, don't make contact, don't make contact and he tries to get the ball by going through the fellows legs with the challenge. Only one thing is happening there!!!

Then we defend the first ball and surprisingly defend the second ball. That 3rd ball should never have come in. Who the F**k let's Maguire have that much space there and at other set pieces? 

I'm glad we beat Palace last week otherwise this result really would have sent us into panic mode, so us beating Palace then drawing with Leicester has gained us 4 points. Citeh got none against them!!!

13 to go...come on lads. Start finding some form and for the Love of God please TAA and Gomez get the F**k back as soon as is possible.

Oh yeah and Atkinson you are a c**t and I still can't believe you are being employed by the FA.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #745: Feb 01, 2019 10:17:17 am
      I love Andy Robertson but I honestly think he has a brain fade once and once only per game.

Giving that free kick away just before HT when it was totally unnecessary, he was going absolutely no f**king where, did my head in. Was screaming at him, don't make contact, don't make contact and he tries to get the ball by going through the fellows legs with the challenge. Only one thing is happening there!!!

Then we defend the first ball and surprisingly defend the second ball. That 3rd ball should never have come in. Who the f**k let's Maguire have that much space there and at other set pieces? 

I'm glad we beat Palace last week otherwise this result really would have sent us into panic mode, so us beating Palace then drawing with Leicester has gained us 4 points. Citeh got none against them!!!

13 to go...come on lads. Start finding some form and for the Love of God please TAA and Gomez get the f**k back as soon as is possible.

Oh yeah and Atkinson you are a C**t and I still can't believe you are being employed by the FA.

Said elsewhere mate - I think they’ve had a virus or something going round. It was like Robbo was blowing out his hoop when he made the challenge. He’ll know it was stupid - and he’ll certainly have been told.

Same thing for VVD. The goal itself is 100% on him. He lost his man and looked like he was in treacle.

That’s gone and no real damage done.

1 pt closer and 13 to go........
      Kopite78
      Reply #746: Feb 01, 2019 10:23:43 am
      Just think we not really be play well since last few weeks look at bitters game we poor same against crystal place l know we 5 points clear top league just worry form not be great and find hard beat teams should be winning without be so hard we should beat west ham on Monday but our form not be good

Jesus I hope you're not a positive mind coach

Mental attitudes like this
      Redangel

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #747: Feb 01, 2019 10:42:10 am
      Oil money.

They're full of it.

They're also full of s***

Indeed they are, they are calling for the FA to sanction us for only clearing one half of the pitch! Desperate for a points deduction no doubt!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #748: Feb 01, 2019 10:55:32 am
      The Kop is at the west end of the ground and the Sun goes down much earlier in that area of the pitch and was probably frozen more than the other end despite the underground heating. The hail and snow hadn't moved and we were concerned a Leicester player may slip and hurt himself hence the need to clear it. :f_tongueincheek:
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #749: Feb 01, 2019 01:00:19 pm
      I see it as another point gained and another step further away from City and Spurs (who are creeping into the conversation unnoticed).
      The champions of the past have always managed to ensure that when it mattered, they didnt get beat...so to me, under tough conditions and with a less than ideal team set-up, this was a point gained against a very tough opponent.

I also think that with the fixture schedule pile up and Champions league coming soon, there will be a few more games like this for all 3 teams in the title race...but for us to have a 5 point lead at this stage is a massive bonus.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #750: Feb 01, 2019 05:06:24 pm
      Didn't see the game live, only saw the highlights the other night.
      That was a STONE wall peno - Atkinson was well placed - the f**king tosspot didn't give it !?!?! F***ing knob. Could've changed the game.
      Leicester had their chances, but if the ref does his f**king job, different story.
      Anyway, got 1 point more that Citeh did, so if had to pick a weekend for a ref to bone us, s'pose that was the one.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #751: Feb 01, 2019 06:06:52 pm
      Henderson shouldn't have needed to be right back, but that's what getting rid of Clyne did. Would have rather had Henderson as DM. Bournemouth won 4-0 against Chelsea right? Solid 90 minutes from Clyne.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #752: Feb 01, 2019 06:16:03 pm
      Henderson shouldn't have needed to be right back, but that's what getting rid of Clyne did. Would have rather had Henderson as DM.

Really hate bringing Clyne up because what's done is done, and Klopp didn't like him for whatever reason. It also seems like people are making him out to be a shithouse of a player, which he is not. Far better option than what has been on show for me, and probably TAA on the defensive side.

Bournemouth fans love him and want him signed up already, and he had 2 really big tests since joining and passed with flying colours. I personally think we'd have had a better chance of a clean sheet with Clyne as RB in our last 2 games. Sorry guys!!

Kopite78
      Reply #753: Feb 01, 2019 06:18:33 pm
      Really hate bringing Clyne up because what's done is done, and Klopp didn't like him for whatever reason. It also seems like people are making him out to be a shithouse of a player, which he is not. Far better option than what has been on show for me, and probably TAA on the defensive side.

Bournemouth fans love him and want him signed up already, and he had 2 really big tests since joining and passed with flying colours. I personally think we'd have had a better chance of a clean sheet with Clyne as RB in our last 2 games. Sorry guys!!

Maybe but he asked to go.. he wanted out.. simple as that

Klopp only wants players fully committed and if they want out he more often than not grants that

Like coutinho

Forget Clyne. He wanted out
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #754: Feb 01, 2019 06:21:33 pm

Klopp only wants players fully committed and if they want out he more often than not grants that

Like coutinho

Yep, can't really argue with that, but would he have wanted out if he was 2nd choice? It's a shame Klopp didn't rate or trusted him enough to be 2nd choice. 

Anyway hope we dwell into the RB position in the summer rather than having Gomez or Fabinho as backups there.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #755: Feb 01, 2019 06:26:19 pm

Like coutinho

Exactly.

The same people saying we shouldn't have "got rid of him" would be saying that we "kept him against his will" or some other nonsense.
      It's so F***ing tedious the way some are always trying to drum up drama.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #756: Feb 01, 2019 06:50:05 pm
      I’d have given my right arm to have played for the Reds, but two or three games s season and the remainder on the bench ! Think I’d have gone for a move as well to be fair.
      If as a professional, you have any ambitions of playing for your country, you ain’t gonna achieve that from the bench that’s for sure.
      Decent player Clyne, just got his injuries at the wrong time which pushed him down the pecking order.
      I sympathise with him, and wish him well, but not against us eh 😊
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #757: Feb 01, 2019 06:50:33 pm
      Really shows what a jerk the guy is. He should have stayed until summer.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #758: Feb 01, 2019 06:51:41 pm
      I’d have given my right arm to have played for the Reds, but two or three games s season and the remainder on the bench ! Think I’d have gone for a move as well to be fair.
      If as a professional, you have any ambitions of playing for your country, you ain’t gonna achieve that from the bench that’s for sure.
      Decent player Clyne, just got his injuries at the wrong time which pushed him down the pecking order.
      I sympathise with him, and wish him well, but not against us eh 😊
      nah, I'd have been happy to sit on the bench if it means I'm there when needed... then change in summer.

Quick Reply