Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leicester?

Alisson
      6 (5.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      8 (7.6%)
      Joel Matip
      5 (4.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (1.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      15 (14.3%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      64 (61%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1%)
       Fabinho
      2 (1.9%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 103

Voting closed: Feb 03, 2019 09:54:07 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Leicester City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 32043 times
      Kopite78
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Leicester City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #759: Feb 01, 2019 06:57:23 pm
      Really shows what a jerk the guy is. He should have stayed until summer.

nah, I'd have been happy to sit on the bench if it means I'm there when needed... then change in summer.

He's not a fan.. he's spent nearly 2 seasons not playing regularly through injury and then not being in favour

If He wants out to play why have a go for that? Up to him isn't it?
      People can't have it both ways..
      Slag Markovic off for sticking out his deal
      Slag Clyne off for wanting to play

It's ok now saying we need him and he'd play.. If he'd known we'd get injuries to Gomez and Trent then maybe he stays but when he asked to go he was third choice and he asked to leave

Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #760: Feb 01, 2019 07:42:21 pm
      Clyne,in this thread?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #761: Feb 01, 2019 07:43:33 pm
      Exactly.

The same people saying we shouldn't have "got rid of him" would be saying that we "kept him against his will" or some other nonsense.
      It's so F***ing tedious the way some are always trying to drum up drama.

I don't think that's true, just people don't think its a good idea to weaken your hand mid season.

I didn't like loaning Sturridge out to West Brom last year either. Not because he's great but because he was an option if needed. Same with Clyne here. I don't rate a few players on our fringes but I wouldn't advocate loaning them out because they may be needed down the line.

The story has gone from 'he was 3rd choice, he won't be needed' which history now tells us was wrong to 'Oh but he wanted to leave anyway'.

I think the money men were happy to see Sturridges wage off the bill for 6 months and are probably happy with Clyne off there too.

Moreno is a bag of sh*t too but I'm happy to see we didn't flog our 2nd choice Lb without cover.
      Kopite78
      Reply #762: Feb 01, 2019 07:46:35 pm
      I don't think that's true, just people don't think its a good idea to weaken your hand mid season.

I didn't like loaning Sturridge out to West Brom last year either. Not because he's great but because he was an option if needed. Same with Clyne here. I don't rate a few players on our fringes but I wouldn't advocate loaning them out because they may be needed down the line.

The story has gone from 'he was 3rd choice, he won't be needed' which history now tells us was wrong to 'Oh but he wanted to leave anyway'.

I think the money men were happy to see Sturridges wage off the bill for 6 months and are probably happy with Clyne off there too.

Moreno is a bag of sh*t too but I'm happy to see we didn't flog our 2nd choice Lb without cover.

Has Moreno actively asked to leave mid season like Clyne, Sturridge and Coutinho did?

Klopp is well known to only want people who are fully brought into being at the club he works at.
      If you love Klopp for the things you love him for you have to accept the bits you don't agree with

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #763: Feb 01, 2019 08:08:22 pm
      Has Moreno actively asked to leave mid season like Clyne, Sturridge and Coutinho did?

Klopp is well known to only want people who are fully brought into being at the club he works at.
      If you love Klopp for the things you love him for you have to accept the bits you don't agree with

Coutinho was made to stay a further transfer window than he wanted. I think Klopp believed the he wouldn't be needed but sh*t happens, and it happened.

If he was here he'd have played the last few games.

Clyne wants his head examined if he doesn't want to be a small part in a title challenge I feel too.

Moreno had a big moan about how Klopp had treated him too so he has previous for a bit of dissent.
      Kopite78
      Reply #764: Feb 01, 2019 08:14:33 pm
      Coutinho was made to stay a further transfer window than he wanted. I think Klopp believed the he wouldn't be needed but sh*t happens, and it happened.

If he was here he'd have played the last few games.

Clyne wants his head examined if he doesn't want to be a small part in a title challenge I feel too.

Moreno had a big moan about how Klopp had treated him too so he has previous for a bit of dissent.

But has he actually sat Klopp down and asked to leave like the others did?
      Coutinho was made to stay but apparently became unsettling around the group and then asked again and was allowed to leave

Again it's how Klopp works
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #765: Feb 01, 2019 08:30:52 pm

Thing is, he was 3rd or 4th choice. If he were 2nd choice, I would agree and question his decision in wanting to leave.

As for Moreno, he is 2nd choice, isn't he? So I totally get why he hasn't asked to leave, and also final 6 months and a big pay day in the summer.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #766: Feb 01, 2019 08:49:47 pm
      Given the circumstances, the pitch, the referee (you'll rarely see me mentioning the referee, but that was an absolute shitshow by Atkinson who didn't just bottle it once, or twice, but three times in my opinion. Awful performance.), again a different back four and an unbalanced midfield, that point was a good result.

Also, rumors that far more players were affected by the virus going around, not only Van Dijk. Apparently, Henderson hadn't trained for almost a week either with Robertson also having issues. Let's hope they all get it out of their bodies by Monday so we can tw*t the hammers.

This is more of a general point rather than directed towards any individuals or the crowd, but people need to chill out and relax. It's the 1st of February. There's absolutely no point treating all these games like cup finals at such an early stage. I saw people at Anfield holding their heads in their hands, acting like it was the final game of the season where we absolutely had to win or we'd lose the league. We need to relax, people are going to be giving themselves a heart attack of they carry on like this until the end of the season.

I genuinely feel for people who don't seem to enjoy the games or watching us play because of the nervousness. Just enjoy the ride lads, we have the opportunity to watch one of the best Liverpool sides ever play (certainly in my lifetime, but then again, I'm only 26 so haven't exactly been spoiled), we're playing good football, controlling games and beating the so-called best Premier League team ever on points. It has been an amazing ride so far with plenty of twists and turns yet to come. We have failed to win only five out of 24 games, losing just the one. Have a little bit more faith in the lads prior to kick-off and during the game. They deserve our support.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #767: Feb 01, 2019 08:50:32 pm
      Not going to bother reading through the previous pages, as we all know what happens when the team drops a point so i'll just say 2 quick things on the game:

1. Disappointing to not get the win but given the awful conditions (pitch looked terrible) i'm happy to come out of that without injuries and a point gained, even if it should have been 3

2. The fans at the game need to get their sh*t together. We are in great position to win the league and they should be out there cheering at the top of their lungs and rooting the team on, not sitting / standing there biting their nails because we're not up 3-0 after 15 minutes. When i read VVD's comments about the crowed it pissed me off that fans can't handle the situation and it needs to change because it's not helping and it is the Anfield atmosphere that has won this team many a game.

"I don't think so, but obviously you get that feeling as well [of nervousness] from the crowd and I think it's not really necessary at the moment,"

http://www.espn.com/soccer/liverpool/story/3763918/liverpool-fans-title-nerves-not-necessary-van-dijk
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #768: Feb 01, 2019 11:50:40 pm
      For fucks sake.

Seen so much media footage, reading stuff on FB and lots of comments on here. Feels like we lost listening to all that sh*t.

We actually DREW and got a POINT!!!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #769: Feb 02, 2019 10:58:44 am
      Quote from Redangel
      Indeed they are, they are calling for the FA to sanction us for only clearing one half of the pitch! Desperate for a points deduction no doubt!

As long as it's playable, we're entitled to do whatever we like with our own pitch. That's what home advantage is. We're not the first club to renovate it at half time because of weather, and I doubt we'll be the last. In the away game, they apparently watered the pitch before ko, but miraculously it "dried" quickly enough to stop us from playing the way we want to.

Move along, nothing to see here.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #770: Feb 02, 2019 12:27:35 pm

Didn't mean you :)

We've had this discussion, and I found your reasons measured and appropriate, along with the concerns you stated.

On a different note, didn't we pay a good chunk of Sturridge's wages when he went on loan?

The issue was never one of money with Clyne, the issue was that he asked to leave, and Klopp obliged him.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #771: Feb 02, 2019 12:31:26 pm
      Reflecting on just two games firstly City Kompany should have seen Red and then Leicester should have also had a Red for McGuire and we should have also had a penalty . The result is City have 3 points more than perhaps they should and we are possible 5 points less than we deserve. Such margins are so small and we haven't had the decisions go our way but we are still 5 points clear with plenty more to come from this team.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #772: Feb 02, 2019 02:30:52 pm
      Reflecting on just two games firstly City Kompany should have seen Red and then Leicester should have also had a Red for McGuire and we should have also had a penalty . The result is City have 3 points more than perhaps they should and we are possible 5 points less than we deserve. Such margins are so small and we haven't had the decisions go our way but we are still 5 points clear with plenty more to come from this team.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, everyday would be Christmas. How about let's just say Mahrez should have scored his pen? We had our fair share of luck too. It evens out. Let's let go and move on to the next match. 

The situation is what it is. It's not that cool but we're still 4-5 points ahead of everybody. That's the situation. And I'm fine about it.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #773: Feb 03, 2019 09:47:56 am
      If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, everyday would be Christmas. How about let's just say Mahrez should have scored his pen? We had our fair share of luck too. It evens out. Let's let go and move on to the next match. 

The situation is what it is. It's not that cool but we're still 4-5 points ahead of everybody. That's the situation. And I'm fine about it.

I can accept the iffs and buts where players performances are the question of the outcome, but when it’s down to officials not doing their jobs properly, and their actions, or lack of them cost you points, that F***ing grates with me, and the two incidents mentioned above, were not difficult decisions to make, refs in close proximity to the offence etc.
      If they were suspended for a month, or demoted to the vanarama league,
      They’d soon learn to be impartial. As they don’t have to answer for their incompetence, or favouritism, nothing will change will it ?
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #774: Feb 03, 2019 10:42:02 pm
      Quote from ruthcity

The missed penalty was not luck, it was incompetence. If you pay 65 million quid for someone, you expect them to be able to score penalties. Thankfully he didn't, all the same.

Plus, I'm not a believer in luck evens out. If a major decision has to be made, you expect it to be correct, be it football or any other way of life for that matter. And if it's not correct, you expect consequences. Next year we will have VAR, so there won't be any such thing as "luck".

As regards the rest of the post, there's nothing to argue about. We have turned a 2 point deficit in early December into a 2 point lead now, with a game in hand. If you offered most of us that at the start of December, how many people would complain? How many would say it was a "missed opportunity"? We are in a great position that every team in this, and lower leagues would gladly swap. It's in our own hands, and at this stage, there is no reason to be nervous or panic whatsoever.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #775: Feb 04, 2019 10:32:37 am
      Really hate bringing Clyne up because what's done is done, and Klopp didn't like him for whatever reason. It also seems like people are making him out to be a shithouse of a player, which he is not. Far better option than what has been on show for me, and probably TAA on the defensive side.

Bournemouth fans love him and want him signed up already, and he had 2 really big tests since joining and passed with flying colours. I personally think we'd have had a better chance of a clean sheet with Clyne as RB in our last 2 games. Sorry guys!!
      I believe that Clyne is a better defender than TAA at present, but going forward TAA is far Superior to Clyne
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #776: Feb 04, 2019 10:38:33 am
      But has he actually sat Klopp down and asked to leave like the others did?
      Coutinho was made to stay but apparently became unsettling around the group and then asked again and was allowed to leave

Again it's how Klopp works
      Clyne could also cover as LB, just like Milner
      Kopite78
      Reply #777: Feb 04, 2019 11:21:09 am
      Clyne could also cover as LB, just like Milner

Not sure what your point is

Quick Reply