Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre-Match: West Ham v Liverpool Mon 4th Feb 20:00 KO

Read 15443 times
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Re: West Ham v Liverpool Mon 4th Feb 20:00 KO
      Reply #23: Feb 01, 2019 11:15:55 am
      Nasri signed for them right? Still a dangerous player.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #24: Feb 01, 2019 12:58:13 pm
                               Alisson
             Milner Lovren Virgil Robertson
                         Hendo   Fabinho
                              Wijnaldom
                   Firmino  Salah   Mane

This is the likely line up that i believe will rip the hammers a new one on Monday,
      It matters not a jot what Shitty do cos we aint losing this and will with a bit of luck actually extend our lead ,

If Trent is indeed ready i doubt Jürgen will risk him but might give him 20 mins 2nd half,
      I like the idea of a double 6 of Hendo & Fab, with Gini in the advance role, Fab could also join attacks when and if,

I think we've just come out of the toughest part of the season and from now on will get better, we have players coming back from injury and we are within weeks of having a fully fit and full sqaud, just in time for the run in,

From what we've been through to date, its hard to imagine that the bumps in the road we may come across will be severe enough to F**k us up completely,

Keep saying it...but....WE GOT THIS !!...

...I've just believed it earlier than most .

0-3  Champions Elect

YNWA

Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #25: Feb 01, 2019 01:13:32 pm
      Could be tricky, but with Fab back in we look at lot more solid side.  No silly mistakes and we should win 4-0
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #26: Feb 01, 2019 01:42:56 pm
      Bloody hate Monday games.
      Could be a fair bit of pressure on by then.... can’t see Arse doing anything as they’ve literally no centre backs, and would expect Spurs to beat Newcastle  and suddenly they’re 2 and 4 points behind!!!

West Ham seem a weird team. Could be dangerous. Wouldn’t mind seeing Arnautovic miss out.. he was superb at Anfield last season..

I think a lot of pressure stems from us. The atmosphere at Anfield on Wednesday sounded very tense and you can see it affecting the players. It feels like we into the last 4-5 games but we've only just hit February and still have 42 points to play for!!! There is a feeling that one bad result and we're done for or one great result and that's the title wrapped up. I think we all need to take a chill pill and just relax a touch, we're in a title race and it's great but there is a long way to go and we really shouldn't be buying into this media idea that it's ours to lose. It's only 5 points and even had it been 7 there was still a ways to go.

My worry is that the pressure from the media and the fan base added to the '29 years' talk will undermine what the team are trying to do. Thankfully we've got a manager who has been here before having won two titles in Germany with Dortmund so he will be keeping the players on an even keel i'm sure.
      loadsamane
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #27: Feb 01, 2019 01:44:51 pm
      Will be interesting to see how we cope IF the gap does get shrunk to two points by the time we reach kick off.

Usually it's us that is asking questions of City and extending the gap, so perhaps we need the Gunners to do us a small favour on Sunday. That said I still think we've got more than enough to deal with West Ham come Monday night.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #28: Feb 01, 2019 02:53:17 pm
      Liverpool to get whatever result City get. West Ham another of those clubs who are generally crap but like waking up for a big game.

Despite our issues at the back I expect 3 points.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #29: Feb 01, 2019 03:19:16 pm
      Lets go back to 433 for this with Mo and Mane wide.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #30: Feb 01, 2019 03:32:50 pm
      Trent not fit for this game, so probably see Milner at RB, as billys team above.

Its about time we put in a convincing win.

Lets do it. :-)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #31: Feb 01, 2019 04:24:25 pm
      Think we need a little tweek, just something a little different. Eeve been a bit flat or stale looking lately. Maybe go old school 4 4 2 but try something to spark it a bit
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #32: Feb 01, 2019 04:41:43 pm
      Off to the London Stadium for this one, in the home crowd though 😫.

Please don’t f**king let me down reds!

When you do this do you have to play it calm when we score a goal? Do you completely hide your support or do you let it out?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #33: Feb 01, 2019 04:48:59 pm
      When you do this do you have to play it calm when we score a goal? Do you completely hide your support or do you let it out?

I reckon LondonRed83 will wear a full kit and celebrate like crazy when/if we score, but I don't think we will see him post for a while !!
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #34: Feb 01, 2019 05:01:00 pm
      Almost couldn't have picked a better team for our next game.
      These guys have gone downhill and seem a bit rudderless.
      And us playing away is a good thing imho, we'll probably have a bit more space than if they were parking the bus at Anfield.
      Pain in the tits that it's a Monday KO, am doing a long shift - so will be really hoping we put in a better performance, but more importantly get the 3 points.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #35: Feb 01, 2019 05:39:28 pm

It’s hard mate I won’t lie. It’s my in-laws season ticket so will have to be on my best behaviour as the people around me will know I’m in imposter.

Just got to keep my cool and hopefully enjoy a Liverpool win!
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #36: Feb 01, 2019 06:02:04 pm
      It’s hard mate I won’t lie. It’s my in-laws season ticket so will have to be on my best behaviour as the people around me will know I’m in imposter.

Just got to keep my cool and hopefully enjoy a Liverpool win!

Had a similar moment myself this season watching the Chelsea game with (mostly Chelsea) mates in a very souf London pub.

There was absolutely nothing that would have stopped me from parading in front of them all like a loon when Sturridge scored. In hindsight possibly lucky to leave there unscathed ;D
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #37: Feb 01, 2019 07:35:09 pm
      Not as easy s game as people thinking. Hammers have been decent a few times this season, mostly crap yes. As they’ve been pretty crap recently, they might just be due a decent one.
      Not overly confident as we’ve not been on song lately, be it down to injuries or what, but those injured players are still not all back.
      Hoping and praying we get 3 points in any fashion, but not counting my chickens just yet !
      My Lads got a ticket for this with his mate a hammers fan. In the away end, but also, his ladies 40th birthday on Monday, the game got moved from Sat after he agreed to go. Got dropped in the sh*t by the tv moguls there, but decided the match was more important 😂😂😂😂😂
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #38: Feb 01, 2019 11:01:30 pm
      43 years ago 31/1/1976 4 second half goals a Hat-trick from Toshack and one from Keegan gave us a 4-0 win on a frozen Upton Park Pitch. It was a commanding performance exactly what we need on Monday. Lets get 3 points and move on. I will not be watching Cities game on Sunday I will wait until after the game just like the Newcastle game expecting the worst hoping for the best
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #39: Feb 02, 2019 12:01:43 am
      Please play Mo out wide and not as a sole striker. Love watching him run at defenders. They don't like seeing him run at them.

3 points is a MUST. Let's go there, get them, then get the F**k out of London!
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #40: Feb 02, 2019 06:48:08 am
      Come on Reds, after reading the pundits reaction to us pulling further ahead I want to see us absolutely smash these and ram those words down their throat!!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #41: Feb 02, 2019 07:23:48 am
      Hopefully we can create that solid defensive feeling at the back again as we’ve certainly lost that over the past two games. It felt like Leicester were going to score with every attack (similar to palace) and that’s been unusual this season.

bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #42: Feb 02, 2019 09:29:02 am

Know we haven't lost or anything, and we're still 5 clear, but just feels like we're having a little wobble.
      Though maybe I'm the one having the wobble, not sure.
      Every game that passes is one closer to the trophy we've waiting so long for,  think the nerves creep up a bit each time.
      Like you say, need the 3 points...
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #43: Feb 02, 2019 09:30:04 am
      Felipe Anderson looks a real threat for these.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #44: Feb 02, 2019 09:53:42 am
      Do not like monday night games
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 38 
      Reply #45: Feb 02, 2019 10:00:33 am
      Please play Mo out wide and not as a sole striker. Love watching him run at defenders. They don't like seeing him run at them.

3 points is a MUST. Let's go there, get them, then get the F**k out of London!

This all day Aussie. In and out job.

Quick Reply