Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre-Match: West Ham v Liverpool Mon 4th Feb 20:00 KO

Read 15450 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: West Ham v Liverpool Mon 4th Feb 20:00 KO
      Reply #92: Feb 03, 2019 11:40:45 pm
      Of course. My point though is we can go 5 ahead again tomorrow. There has to be a psychological advantage to being those points ahead compared with those points behind. It should be City feeling the heat, they have to catch us now.

For now we sit at the summit of English football. Yes there is pressure but it should be nice pressure at this stage. The lads should be full of confidence that we sit top.

I think it’s because so much is being made of our injuries. It’s quite ironic though, this season we've had people saying Trent hasn’t been good enough and needs dropping, Gomez should never play at RB, but yet now most people are desperate to have at least one of them available.

We struggled against these for a couple of years, but our last four games we have beaten them 4-0, 4-1, 4-1 and 4-0. A big win makes everyone and everything seem so much better, so if we can achieve the same again I’m sure everyone will start to feel a lot better, especially if we can then go into the next game on the back of a big win and with Trent back from injury.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #93: Feb 03, 2019 11:56:37 pm
      We will win and by a decent margin I think.
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #94: Feb 04, 2019 07:36:10 am
      The last 4 times in the league we’ve played West Ham we have beat them 4-0 or 4-1; we definitely seem to enjoy playing against them.

They’re an odd team though this season and seem to choose what matches to perform well in. Their game against Arsenal for example, they played excellent and got the win. Since then they’ve been beat by Bournemouth and Wolves.

A key battle for them will be Felipe Anderson against Milner. Hopefully Arnautovic is not fit for the game.

I think we’ll have too much for them and they haven’t got an awful lot of players up front that can hurt us; they’ve suffered quite a bit with injuries of late.

I’m going for a comfortable 3-0.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #95: Feb 04, 2019 08:10:30 am
      No slip ups,we have just got to go out  get the job done and bag the 3 points.I look forward to being 5 points ahead of City and putting the pressure back on them.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #96: Feb 04, 2019 08:30:09 am
      The last 4 times in the league we’ve played West Ham we have beat them 4-0 or 4-1; we definitely seem to enjoy playing against them.

They’re an odd team though this season and seem to choose what matches to perform well in. Their game against Arsenal for example, they played excellent and got the win. Since then they’ve been beat by Bournemouth and Wolves.

A key battle for them will be Felipe Anderson against Milner. Hopefully Arnautovic is not fit for the game.

I think we’ll have too much for them and they haven’t got an awful lot of players up front that can hurt us; they’ve suffered quite a bit with injuries of late.

I’m going for a comfortable 3-0.

Losing balbuena has been a big blow - is he still injuried, he’s a great player (and bargain)
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #97: Feb 04, 2019 08:54:34 am
      I think if Arnautovich is fit, if they’ve watched us recently, it will be park the bus and go route one.
      It’s clear we struggle to break team down with that tactic. I know hammers like to try and play footy with ghe ball on the floor, but if I was desperate for points, as their manager I know what I’d do.
      Just hope the big pitch there gives us the width to find the spaces inside.
      We’ve certainly got to move their defence around better then we did against the foxes.
      I’ve gone for 3:1 in the predictions if I remember right, but think that depends on which West Ham game turns up. The A game, or the bottlers !
      Need the three points that’s for sure. Every game gotta be treated like a final now.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,237 posts | 752 
      Reply #98: Feb 04, 2019 09:06:39 am
      City play Everton on Wednesday, if I am correct. Anything other than victory tonight, could mean Man City will go top, surely they will beat Everton.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #99: Feb 04, 2019 09:20:30 am
      Bring home the 3 points lads, I’m not interested in clean sheets or possession stats.. just the 3 points.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #100: Feb 04, 2019 10:07:11 am
      It no coincidence that since Joe gomez got injured we have looked a lot less comfortable so good on the ball too coming out of defence. Massive blow reading he has now to undergo surgery. Get back fit and well joe.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,459 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #101: Feb 04, 2019 10:18:57 am
      Time for the performance to improve, better faster footi please tonight, and an easy win. :-)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #102: Feb 04, 2019 11:11:02 am
      Just be Liverpool and all will be fine.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #103: Feb 04, 2019 11:16:15 am
      At least the boys won’t have the dreaded silence of the Anfield old farts shitting themselves. The travelling Kop  will at least spur the boys on.

Incidentally the sooner some of those old codgers who hold season tickets give them up to some of the younger boys and girls the better it will be for the atmosphere at Anfield.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #104: Feb 04, 2019 11:28:17 am
      At least the boys won’t have the dreaded silence of the Anfield old farts shitting themselves. The travelling Kop  will at least spur the boys on.

Incidentally the sooner some of those old codgers who hold season tickets give them up to some of the younger boys and girls the better it will be for the atmosphere at Anfield.

who said it was the old codgers they are the ones who understand what it takes to win a League. Maybe ditch the mobile phone photo taking mob and get people who actually care about the club in.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #105: Feb 04, 2019 11:51:12 am
      who said it was the old codgers they are the ones who understand what it takes to win a League. Maybe ditch the mobile phone photo taking mob and get people who actually care about the club in.

You been to Anfield recently?

You would realise the ones sitting on their arse expecting to be entertained and grumbling at every little error!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #106: Feb 04, 2019 11:52:09 am

Yeah them old boys who've seen us win title after title.

The injury list to the defence is a real worry, it's having an impact at the back and a knock on effect to the midfield.

I said before Leicester that the times of clean sheet after clean sheet could well be over. We need that front 3 to score and to carry on scoring in games until we can get a regular defence sorted.

Matip and Henderson in a back 4 will have to come out of there if we are to believe 1 goal a game will suffice.

« Last Edit: Feb 04, 2019 11:56:56 am by fields of anny rd »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #107: Feb 04, 2019 11:55:40 am
      Yeah them old boys who've seen us win title after title.

When was the last time you went to Anfield?
      What has they have seen us win before got to do with creating a atmosphere to carry the team.

Look at the CL games where there is more out of towners coincidence?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #108: Feb 04, 2019 12:01:11 pm
      When was the last time you went to Anfield?
      What has they have seen us win before got to do with creating a atmosphere to carry the team.

Look at the CL games where there is more out of towners coincidence?

Twice this season. (Aren't I cool?)

I've been enough times to both competitions to know that a CL game trumps a league match, no doubt about that. That's more to do with big game atmospheres though. As a club we love a European night more than a Saturday 3oclock against Burnley.

I was young once and blamed the old people for everything. You soon get old yourself and start blaming the young people for everything. Relax your tone anyhow we're all friends here.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #109: Feb 04, 2019 12:09:47 pm
      Pellegrino wants to beat Liverpool and do Citeh a favour.
      Hope we F***ing batter them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47110209
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #110: Feb 04, 2019 12:10:23 pm
      you cant sing and take photos.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #111: Feb 04, 2019 12:11:55 pm
      Twice this season. (Aren't I cool?)

I've been enough times to both competitions to know that a CL game trumps a league match, no doubt about that. That's more to do with big game atmospheres though. As a club we love a European night more than a Saturday 3oclock against Burnley.

I was young once and blamed the old people for everything. You soon get old yourself and start blaming the young people for everything. Relax your tone anyhow we're all friends here.

My tone is fine just stating what I notice when I go to Anfield it’s the younger crowd trying to get a song going and the old boys are usually having none of it.

They would rather sit there slagging off Henderson.

In fact the Scandinavians are some of the best fans they know more of the songs than I do!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #112: Feb 04, 2019 12:20:48 pm
      I think we'll win 4-1, the reason is that the team have to step up now, the front three need to deliver and I think they will. The game against Leicester was really strange as there was a distinct lack of energy and cohesion from us whilst Leicester had one of the ir better games this season. From us it was kind of similar to after an international break but I think it will have served as a kick up the arse.
      I want a big statement win, big scoreline for us, to send a message loud and clear to Citeh and Spurs that we aren't going anywhere, we are top of the pile and staying there!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #113: Feb 04, 2019 12:24:29 pm
      Getting F***ing nervous now - F**k sitting in the home end if we F***ing lose. Please get the 3 points - easily for once (feels like ages since we had a routine win)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #114: Feb 04, 2019 12:35:04 pm
      Getting f**king nervous now - f**k sitting in the home end if we f**king lose. Please get the 3 points - easily for once (feels like ages since we had a routine win)

I really hope the players are handling the nerves better than us fans. I'm hoping for a couple of early goals for us in this game to settle some nerves and then to push on and win convincingly, I really don't need to have my nerves shredded right up to the 94th minute again.

Quick Reply