Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 6th Dec @ 7:15 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of December and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W17 D5 L7

Feb News Stories, 2019

Read 587 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,932 posts | 3348 
      Feb News Stories, 2019
      Feb 02, 2019 04:45:31 pm
      Liverpool fan attack accused extradited
      A man has been charged with assaulting Liverpool fan Sean Cox before the match against Roma in April.
      Father of three Mr Cox 53, from Dunboyne Co Meath suffered a brain injury when he was attacked outside Anfield.

Merseyside Police said Simone Mastrelli, 30, from Rome was extradited after being arrested on a European Arrest Warrant in Italy.
      He is to appear at South Sefton Sefton Magistrates Court today.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2019/02/roma-fan-extradited-and-charged-with-sean-cox-assault/
      « Last Edit: Feb 03, 2019 07:42:24 pm by RedPuppy »
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,733 posts | 3688 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Re: News Stories
      Reply #1: Feb 02, 2019 05:02:12 pm
      I see you can post articles now, Stu. Only took you about 10 years ay, mate :D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,871 posts | 2368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Sean Cox Accused Is Extradited
      Reply #2: Feb 02, 2019 05:05:50 pm
      I see you can post articles now, Stu. Only took you about 10 years ay, mate :D

I still don't know how to do it (mind you i can't tie shoelaces or a tie)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,932 posts | 3348 
      Re: Sean Cox Accused Is Extradited
      Reply #3: Feb 02, 2019 05:07:47 pm
      Typed it meself Dave.  :f_whistle: ;D
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,973 posts | 3454 
      Re: Feb News Stories, 2019
      Reply #4: Feb 04, 2019 01:39:08 pm
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,414 posts | 3218 
      Reply #5: Feb 08, 2019 05:57:58 pm
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,289 posts | 1198 
      Reply #6: Feb 09, 2019 05:12:46 am

Bas**rds...depressing how much humanity fucks up this planet
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,541 posts | 677 
      Reply #7: Feb 09, 2019 02:12:07 pm
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,469 posts | 769 
      Reply #8: Feb 11, 2019 11:51:20 am
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,871 posts | 2368 
      Reply #9: Feb 11, 2019 12:15:02 pm

Surprised  he didn't shoot the orangutan next to him
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,414 posts | 3218 
      Reply #10: Feb 11, 2019 12:17:27 pm
      Surprised  he didn't shoot the orangutan next to him

That’s a bit harsh on Mick Hucknall.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,607 posts | 968 
      • YNWA
      Reply #11: Feb 11, 2019 12:23:28 pm
      Should take the guns off them and put them in a cage with the cats brother, see how big and brave they are then,
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 28,389 posts | 4330 
      Reply #12: Feb 16, 2019 10:24:58 pm
      just blow their f***in tiny little murdering b***ard brains out they do not deserve to share Oxygen with decent people. Hope they catch some debilitating disease and endure a slow painful death. But option one would do.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,871 posts | 2368 
      Reply #14: Feb 17, 2019 02:27:25 pm
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,414 posts | 3218 
      Reply #15: Feb 18, 2019 11:05:16 am
      Could have chosen a better name at least “The Independent party”.

Chances of them calling a by-election in their constituencies!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47278902
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,973 posts | 3454 
      Reply #16: Feb 18, 2019 11:24:44 am
      Could have chosen a better name at least “The Independent party”.

Chances of them calling a by-election in their constituencies!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47278902

They should stand as independents against Labour candiadates, absaloute wankers all 7 of them, selfish tnuc’s....

I hope constituents in Wavertree f**k the Berger off,someone who was parachuted into a Labour seat by Blair & didn’t even know who Bill Shankly was..
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,869 posts | 3097 
      Reply #17: Feb 18, 2019 01:51:54 pm
      They should stand as independents against Labour candiadates, absaloute wankers all 7 of them, selfish tnuc’s....

I hope constituents in Wavertree f**k the Berger off,someone who was parachuted into a Labour seat by Blair & didn’t even know who Bill Shankly was..

Berger's CLP were on the verge of de-selecting her, when she threw a massive tantrum and accused them of anti-semitism.

Berger is a great example of everything wrong with the Blairites.
      Entitled, career politicians parachuted into safe seats they knew nothing about.

Umunna was also being de-selected, and has received huge donations from people like Lord Sainsbury for his right wing "think tanks".

The whole thing is a farce, and they will disappear into obscurity.
      Certainly without the Labour party campaigning for them, they won't hold their seats at the next election.
      Give it a couple of years, and they'll be writing crappy columns in the Independent and Guardian about their "3rd way".
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,626 posts | 2636 
      Reply #18: Feb 18, 2019 02:03:05 pm
      Berger's CLP were on the verge of de-selecting her, when she threw a massive tantrum and accused them of anti-semitism.

Berger is a great example of everything wrong with the Blairites.
      Entitled, career politicians parachuted into safe seats they knew nothing about.

Umunna was also being de-selected, and has received huge donations from people like Lord Sainsbury for his right wing "think tanks".

The whole thing is a farce, and they will disappear into obscurity.
      Certainly without the Labour party campaigning for them, they won't hold their seats at the next election.
      Give it a couple of years, and they'll be writing crappy columns in the Independent and Guardian about their "3rd way".

That careerist lust for power for power’s sake - endemic under Blair / Brown - is one of the things that made my transition to full on Indy much easier.

I was always pro Indy BUT Red Labour.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,869 posts | 3097 
      Reply #19: Feb 18, 2019 02:10:06 pm
      That careerist lust for power for power’s sake - endemic under Blair / Brown - is one of the things that made my transition to full on Indy much easier.

I left Labour when Blair got into power, and became a member again under "Red Ed", who is also centre left.
      I'm not involved in my CLP in any official capacity, but I follow closely what's going on.

None of this is a surprise, and you can easily see Umunna's careerism by the way he jumps whichever way the wind is blowing.
      In 2016, he was telling remainers who wanted another vote to shut up etc
      Now he wants another vote because he thinks it might benefit him.
      It's all a bit silly, but is exactly what we've come to expect from Blairites.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,626 posts | 2636 
      Reply #20: Feb 18, 2019 02:14:56 pm
      I left Labour when Blair got into power, and became a member again under "Red Ed", who is also centre left.
      I'm not involved in my CLP in any official capacity, but I follow closely what's going on.

None of this is a surprise, and you can easily see Umunna's careerism by the way he jumps whichever way the wind is blowing.
      In 2016, he was telling remainers who wanted another vote to shut up etc
      Now he wants another vote because he thinks it might benefit him.
      It's all a bit silly, but is exactly what we've come to expect from Blairites.

I wonder what the truth of his abortive leadership campaign was.......

I’ve always suspected it was unwinnable for him in the CLP and a shoe-in for the PLP.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,869 posts | 3097 
      Reply #21: Feb 18, 2019 02:19:08 pm
      I wonder what the truth of his abortive leadership campaign was.......

I’ve always suspected it was unwinnable for him in the CLP and a shoe-in for the PLP.

Scrutiny of who funds him was the problem.
      When he came under the microscope, it would have killed his career stone dead.
      Lot's of shady money, "dark money", untraceable donations etc all under the guise of his "think tanks" so he didn't need to declare them.
      He's a very shady character, and isn't averse to changing horses midstream if he thinks it will benefit him.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,871 posts | 2368 
      Reply #22: Feb 18, 2019 04:51:16 pm
      Scrutiny of who funds him was the problem.
      When he came under the microscope, it would have killed his career stone dead.
      Lot's of shady money, "dark money", untraceable donations etc all under the guise of his "think tanks" so he didn't need to declare them.
      He's a very shady character, and isn't averse to changing horses midstream if he thinks it will benefit him.

Ah , the good old character assassination angle. Have come to expect nothing else from corbyn's supporters. Suppose it's better than banging on about being infiltrated by tories or trotskyites. No wonder the state of politics is at an all time low, the whole rotten bunch of them are in it for themselves.  Heard and read the seven being called splitters ? Is this f**king life of brian ?
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,973 posts | 3454 
      Reply #23: Feb 18, 2019 05:13:02 pm
      Ah , the good old character assassination angle. Have come to expect nothing else from corbyn's supporters. Suppose it's better than banging on about being infiltrated by tories or trotskyites. No wonder the state of politics is at an all time low, the whole rotten bunch of them are in it for themselves.  Heard and read the seven being called splitters ? Is this f**king life of brian ?

Have you paid any attention to the smear’s & character assassination a Corbyn has faced since his election twice..?

Also have you seen the undercover documentary by Al-Jazeera exposing the Israeli lobby putting a
      £1 million bounty to bring down Corbyn..? .was headed by an Israeli zshaul Moffaz,..Mossad) agent at the London embassy offering the money to LFI (Labour zfreinds of Israel).. & guess what about these 7.. all members of LFI..

All what these selfish cu*ts have done is to serve an agenda & keep the Tories & May in power..
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,871 posts | 2368 
      Reply #24: Feb 18, 2019 05:18:30 pm
      Have you paid any attention to the smear’s & character assassination a Corbyn has faced since his election twice..?

Also have you seen the undercover documentary by Al-Jazeera exposing the Israeli lobby putting a
      £1 million bounty to bring down Corbyn..? .was headed by an Israeli zshaul Moffaz,..Mossad) agent at the London embassy offering the money to LFI (Labour zfreinds of Israel).. & guess what about these 7.. all members of LFI..

All what these selfish cu*ts have done is to serve an agenda & keep the Tories & May in power..

Guess it would all come back to israel eh ? Corbyn has the opportunity of a lifetime to grab the bull by the horns and lead this country out of the sh*t creek it is paddling up. Instead we get the same old indecisive,  dithering bluster and wasting time on side issues that could and should have been put to bed ages ago.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,973 posts | 3454 
      Reply #25: Feb 18, 2019 05:30:24 pm
      Guess it would all come back to israel eh ? Corbyn has the opportunity of a lifetime to grab the bull by the horns and lead this country out of the sh*t creek it is paddling up. Instead we get the same old indecisive,  dithering bluster and wasting time on side issues that could and should have been put to bed ages ago.

Well it does come down to Israel.. they split from the party believing it was Anti Semitic & not much was done to address this issue.. Corbyn was attacked in most Jewish pint papers , was labelled a hater of Israel..So we have a foreign government  actually getting involved in our democracy & undermining the leader of the opposition...on film an agent willing to pay money to bring down Corbyn & other members of Labour...

Labour under Corbyn is close to an election victory & what selfish 7 assholes have done is try to damage labour getting into power..

If your happy with universal credit,food banks, no worker rights etc etc.. carry on as you are..

But but the problem is Corbyn.. righty oh..
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,871 posts | 2368 
      Reply #26: Feb 18, 2019 05:35:25 pm
      Well it does come down to Israel.. they split from the party believing it was Anti Semitic & not much was done to address this issue.. Corbyn was attacked in most Jewish pint papers , was labelled a hater of Israel..So we have a foreign government  actually getting involved in our democracy & undermining the leader of the opposition...on film an agent willing to pay money to bring down Corbyn & other members of Labour...

Labour under Corbyn is close to an election victory & what selfish 7 assholes have done is try to damage labour getting into power..

If your happy with universal credit,food banks, no worker rights etc etc.. carry on as you are..

But but the problem is Corbyn.. righty oh..

Meeting hamas ( however good the intentions) didn't play a part in their impression of him then ?
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,973 posts | 3454 
      Reply #27: Feb 18, 2019 05:39:53 pm
      Meeting hamas ( however good the intentions) didn't play a part in their impression of him then ?

Ahh Khamas card...🙄

The link to the documentary if you wish to learn a bit more on the subject is in the link..

https://twitter.com/asawinstanley/status/1097439786103726080?s=21
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,932 posts | 3348 
      Reply #28: Feb 18, 2019 05:49:50 pm

Supported Labour all my life and will continue to do so but it has to be said under it's present leader the fact that this corrupt Tory administration is still in power speaks volumes for his credibility or lack of.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,871 posts | 2368 
      Reply #29: Feb 18, 2019 06:00:27 pm
      Ahh Khamas card...🙄

The link to the documentary if you wish to learn a bit more on the subject is in the link..

https://twitter.com/asawinstanley/status/1097439786103726080?s=21

You rail against the british media but lap up stuff from organisations such as al jazeera and russia today. We could talk about some of the utterings of stop the war coalition who have at times slandered israeli athletes killed at munich and advocated war against israel. The phrase about getting your own house in order is apt. Criticise diane abbot and your sexist or racist. Sort yourself out and he will be pm
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,871 posts | 2368 
      Reply #30: Feb 18, 2019 06:08:45 pm
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,973 posts | 3454 
      Reply #31: Feb 18, 2019 06:17:02 pm

What about hus work... How about you counter his work with facts if his are false..
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,871 posts | 2368 
      Reply #32: Feb 18, 2019 06:23:36 pm
      What about hus work... How about you counter his work with facts if his are false..

Don't need to counter anything. I am certainly not going to defend israel in many counts but read his entire twitter history. The man is an ant-zionist which is fine but he is also a borderline crank who frankly isn't capable of having a balanced debate on anything. He states the labour anti-semitism crisis is a hoax, even those at the top admit there has been an issue.  Don't let your hatred of israel blind you to that fact.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #33: Feb 18, 2019 07:31:05 pm

Sorry, are we all meant to feel that the real victim in this is Corbyn or something? I find it rich people banging on about careerists when the only proper job Corbyn himself has ever held down is within the political arena.

What is beyond reprehensible is that because she is identified (completely falsely as well) as being of the Blairite ilk that she doesn't deserve our sympathy. Remember, in Luciana Berger we have someone who sat as the first ever Shadow minister for mental health, an unprecedented role and one that shone a glaring light on the failings of the Tories when it came to mental health. It's one of the best things that she and Corbyn did and it gave hope to people who believed that Corbyn could lead his party properly.

But let's just remember what Berger has had to put up with.

https://twitter.com/lucianaberger/status/708956088864010240

Are we supposed to ignore this in favour of a polemic stained by anti Jewish thought that this was just a false flag and the act of a career obsessed chancer? At best, she's dismissed because she's of a certain type of Labour MP that just isn't allowed to exist in today's Britain where extremism is the order of the day, but at it's worst she is attacked simply for being Jewish AND for being a woman.

The sneers have only gotten louder since her pregnancy, getting so bad that far left extremists on twitter have been tweeting to her that they hope she loses her baby like all those 'dead Palestinian babies' she supposedly revels in. Are we supposed to ignore that too?

It's only fair to mention that Berger's harrasment has not just come from the far left. Initially, in her first years in parliament, she was the subject of attacks from neo nazis on social media. And then UKIP candidates got in on the act as well. Where the far right shone a light on her Jewish ethnicity, the far left have picked it up and groped, ransacked and rummaged it, well beyond the supposed 'kind and gentler' politics they chanted to themselves as they marched into the Labour Party. So much that she had to receive a POLICE ESCORT to ensure her safety at conference events and anti semitism marches.

The irony within this whole sorry episode of course is Corbyn's initial platform of campaigning on a leadership that would bring in a 'kinder and gentler' politics. So kind and gentle that they've driven away one of its best and most decent MPs away from the party. Corbyn isn't directly to blame but his followers are. But unfortunately he has chosen to continue to remain a part of such a following. And that following includes a lifetime of campaigning alongside people (and proclaiming them friends) who want to see Israel and beyond that the entire Jewish race wiped off the face off the earth.

Berger's right. The Labour Party is institutionally anti-semitic. It's full of hate and aggression that has overflown to the point that it has put her own personal safety at risk. At the end of the day her only crime is that she is a Jew and a woman. Or, in the words of her extremist opponents, a 'Jewish whore'. But for standing up to such hate so forthrightly she's not just a credit to Jewish people across the continent who are increasingly finding themselves on the end of anti-semitic abuse, she's also a credit to every female politician standing up against the forces of sexism and macho pouting extremists that occupy the far left and right.

To ignore her fears and side with those who have castigated her is to be complicit in aiding the increasingly violent, extremist political culture that we and many other countries find ourselves in today.
      « Last Edit: Feb 18, 2019 10:03:27 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,626 posts | 2636 
      Reply #34: Feb 18, 2019 07:39:38 pm
      Sorry, are we all meant to feel that the real victim in this is Corbyn or something? I find it rich people banging on about careerists when the only proper job Corbyn himself has ever held down is within the political arena.

What is beyond reprehensible is that because she is identified (completely falsely as well) as being of the Blairite ilk that she doesn't deserve our sympathy. Remember, in Luciana Berger we have someone who sat as the first ever Shadow minister for mental health, an unprecedented role and one that shone a glaring light on the failings of the Tories when it came to mental health. It's one of the best things that she and Corbyn did and it gave hope to people who believed that Corbyn could lead his party properly.

Are we supposed to ignore this in favour of a polemic stained by anti Jewish thought that this was just a false flag and the act of a career obsessed? At best, she's dismissed because she's of a certain type of Labour MP that just isn't allowed to exist in today Britain where extremism is the order of the day, but at it's worst she is attacked simply for being Jewish AND for being a woman.

The sneers have only gotten louder since her pregnancy, getting so bad that far left extremists on twitter have been tweeting to her that they hope she loses her baby like all those 'dead Palestinian babies' she supposedly revels in. Are we supposed to ignore that too?

It's only fair to mention that Berger's harrasment has not just come from the far left. Initially, in her first years in parliament, she was the subject of attacks from neo nazis on social media. And then UKIP candidates got in on the act as well. Where the far right shone a light on her Jewish ethnicity, the far left have picked it up and groped, ransacked and rummaged it, well beyond the supposed 'kind and gentler' politics they chanted to themselves as they marched into the Labour Party. So much that she had to receive a POLICE ESCORT to ensure her safety at conference events and anti semitism marches.

The irony within this whole sorry episode of course is Corbyn's initial platform of campaigning on a leadership that would bring in a 'kinder and gentler' politics. So kind and gentle that they've driven away one of its best and most decent MPs away from the party. Corbyn isn't directly to blame but his followers are. But unfortunately he has chosen to be a part of such a following. And that following includes a lifetime of campaigning alongside people (and proclaiming them friends) who want to see Israel and beyond that the entire Jewish race wiped off the face off the earth.

Berger's right. The Labour Party is institutionally anti-semitic. It's full of hate and aggression, that has overflown to the point that it has put her own personal safety at risk. At the end of the day, her only crime is that she is a Jew and a woman. Or, in the words of her extremist opponents, a 'Jewish whore'. But for standing up to such hate so forthrightly she's not just a credit to Jewish people across the continent who are increasingly finding themselves on the end of anti-semitic abuse, she's also a credit to every female politician standing up against the forces of sexism and macho pouting extremists that occupy the far left and right.

To ignore her fears and side with those who have castigated her, is to be complicit in aiding the increasingly violent, extremist political culture that we and many other countries find ourselves in today.

I wasn’t picking any sides in the Labour anti-semitism mess FMS.

I was calling out an ongoing issue in credibility the party as a whole has.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,973 posts | 3454 
      Reply #35: Feb 18, 2019 07:44:48 pm
      Don't need to counter anything. I am certainly not going to defend israel in many counts but read his entire twitter history. The man is an ant-zionist which is fine but he is also a borderline crank who frankly isn't capable of having a balanced debate on anything. He states the labour anti-semitism crisis is a hoax, even those at the top admit there has been an issue.  Don't let your hatred of israel blind you to that fact.

There is no hatred of Israel, it’s the genocidal policies towards the Palestinian population that is the issue..You can’t critisise Israeli policies without the anti Semite card being thrown at you..

Out of the 7 name one that has left because of Corbyn’s domestic policies?.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,973 posts | 3454 
      Reply #36: Feb 18, 2019 07:46:43 pm

Are we supposed to ignore this in favour of a polemic stained by anti Jewish thought that this was just a false flag and the act of a career obsessed chancer? At best, she's dismissed because she's of a certain type of Labour MP that just isn't allowed to exist in today's Britain where extremism is the order of the day, but at it's worst she is attacked simply for being Jewish AND for being a woman.

The irony within this whole sorry episode of course is Corbyn's initial platform of campaigning on a leadership that would bring in a 'kinder and gentler' politics. So kind and gentle that they've driven away one of its best and most decent MPs away from the party. Corbyn isn't directly to blame but his followers are. But unfortunately he has chosen to continue to remain a part of such a following. And that following includes a lifetime of campaigning alongside people (and proclaiming them friends) who want to see Israel and beyond that the entire Jewish race wiped off the face off the earth.

Berger's right. The Labour Party is institutionally anti-semitic. It's full of hate and aggression that has overflown to the point that it has put her own personal safety at risk. At the end of the day her only crime is that she is a Jew and a woman. Or, in the words of her extremist opponents, a 'Jewish whore'. But for standing up to such hate so forthrightly she's not just a credit to Jewish people across the continent who are increasingly finding themselves on the end of anti-semitic abuse, she's also a credit to every female politician standing up against the forces of sexism and macho pouting extremists that occupy the far left and right.

To ignore her fears and side with those who have castigated her, is to be complicit in aiding the increasingly violent, extremist political culture that we and many other countries find ourselves in today.

Have you see Diane Abbots twitter account?..
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,871 posts | 2368 
      Reply #37: Feb 18, 2019 08:01:02 pm
      There is no hatred of Israel, it’s the genocidal policies towards the Palestinian population that is the issue..You can’t critisise Israeli policies without the anti Semite card being thrown at you..

Out of the 7 name one that has left because of Corbyn’s domestic policies?.

You wouldn't class brexit as a domestic policy ? Although it revolves around trade it ultimately concerns the economy. Antisemitism in your own party isn't domestic. Trying to fudge the issue.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,973 posts | 3454 
      Reply #38: Feb 18, 2019 08:39:02 pm
      You wouldn't class brexit as a domestic policy ? Although it revolves around trade it ultimately concerns the economy. Antisemitism in your own party isn't domestic. Trying to fudge the issue.

If you can’t see why these 7 have jumped ship other than Corbyn’s stance on Israel I can’t help you mate..

Not one has left because of domestic policies..

Oh and a great start for the independent party.. people of “tinge”... we’re leaving because of racism but make a reference to other people as tinge..
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,414 posts | 3218 
      Reply #39: Feb 18, 2019 09:16:18 pm
      These 7 leaving or staying makes no difference to Labour’s chances of election victory with Corbyn as the leader.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #40: Feb 18, 2019 09:28:24 pm

Sorry, off topic, but I f**king despise the far left keyboard warrior extremists, and even more so, the ones creeping into the entertainment industry and ruining the things we love.... especially, Star Wars  :(
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,871 posts | 2368 
      Reply #41: Feb 18, 2019 09:31:30 pm
      Sorry, off topic, but I f**king despise the far left keyboard warrior extremists, and even more so, the ones creeping into the entertainment industry and ruining the things we love.... especially, Star Wars  :(

The last jedi wasn't THAT bad, now i have said it
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,871 posts | 2368 
      Reply #42: Feb 18, 2019 09:35:57 pm
      If you can’t see why these 7 have jumped ship other than Corbyn’s stance on Israel I can’t help you mate..

Not one has left because of domestic policies..

Oh and a great start for the independent party.. people of “tinge”... we’re leaving because of racism but make a reference to other people as tinge..

When you can't solve problems or issues until you first admit you have them then all you will have is this attitude of blame everyone else.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #43: Feb 18, 2019 09:37:43 pm
      The last jedi wasn't THAT bad, now i have said it

Very decisive film & has split the fanbase! From the humour, Finn, Mary Sue, feminist agenda, Luke and pretty much ignoring FA, then to top it all off.... Rose Tico..... need I say more! And no, I am not a racist, misogynist & bigot!!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,871 posts | 2368 
      Reply #44: Feb 18, 2019 09:49:53 pm
      Very decisive film & has split the fanbase! From the humour, Finn, Mary Sue, feminist agenda, Luke and pretty much ignoring FA, then to top it all off.... Rose Tico..... need I say more! And no, I am not a racist, misogynist & bigot!!

Oh come on, she's hardly jar jar binks
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,869 posts | 3097 
      Reply #45: Feb 19, 2019 12:19:51 pm

yeah, you might try doing a bit of research before gobbing off.

Try looking at the links between Umunna and Lord Sainsbury, who was Blairs backer since the 1990's.
      Try looking at where the funding for "Progress" comes from, and that's just his most famous "think tank" then remember this is the same bloke who spoke about "a party within a party" while taking backhanders.

Try looking at the financing of his new "group" which hasn't registered as a political party and is using a private company called "Gemini A Ltd" to funnel donations and keep donors secret, which they can do thanks to not registering as a political party.
      It was formed in January by Shuker (another one of the 7) solely for use as a vehicle for donors money, not to mention the fact that their website privacy provider is registered in panama.

So before gobbing off about "character assassinations", look at the f**king facts.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,869 posts | 3097 
      Reply #46: Feb 19, 2019 12:41:55 pm

To ignore her fears and side with those who have castigated her is to be complicit in aiding the increasingly violent, extremist political culture that we and many other countries find ourselves in today.

The problem here is that of an outsider looking in and using only one side of an argument.

The fact is that like Umunna, Berger was facing censure from her CLP and was about to be the subject of a deselection hearing.
      She immediately started screaming "anti-semitism" which is a favourite tactic of hers (and has been since before she was parachuted into a safe seat), but seems odd in this instance because the chair of her CLP and the person who was bringing the VoNC is Jewish.
      Kind of puts a different slant on things.

Then we have the remarkable case of Margaret Hodge, a serial tax avoider, who sent "200 examples of anti-semitism from Labour members on twitter".
      Great for a headline, and a bit of publicity of course, but it turns out less than a dozen were actually affiliated to Labour  and all received censure.
      The other 190? Random twitter tw*ts she threw in just to get the numbers up.

Umunna himself recently tried to bypass, then sabotage his own CLP because he had received notice of a VoNC.
      That didn't work, so he jumped ship.

Tehn I suppose we could talk about the "Israeli spy" since deported who had a bag full of cash (a million quid or so) to bribe Labour MP's and SPADs into briefing the media on "anti semitism in Labour".
      Pity someone filmed him doing it though, and an even bigger pity that it barely got a mention in the press.

The really funny thing is that people who never gave a sh*t about Jewish people in their whole lives now profess great concern over this manufactured smear campaign.

If you want to see endemic racism in a political party, look no further than the Tories and UKIP.

Of course there are a small number of arseholes and conspiracy theorists who gob off a lot on social media, but even their posts amount to less than 0.1% of posts by Labour members.
      hmm, yes, a "real" problem.

Forgot to add this earlier.
      Not that anyone will read it, being so focused on their own agenda.

https://www.jewishvoiceforlabour.org.uk/blog/antisemitism-no-justification-for-singling-out-labour/?fbclid=IwAR3N6RrFzHJQaAaizTuxdq-KozTbET8JArkiBBJCXOhot_OcfTNUwKI9CU8
      « Last Edit: Feb 19, 2019 07:33:09 pm by Swab »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,871 posts | 2368 
      Reply #47: Feb 19, 2019 05:13:35 pm
      yeah, you might try doing a bit of research before gobbing off.

Try looking at the links between Umunna and Lord Sainsbury, who was Blairs backer since the 1990's.
      Try looking at where the funding for "Progress" comes from, and that's just his most famous "think tank" then remember this is the same bloke who spoke about "a party within a party" while taking backhanders.

Try looking at the financing of his new "group" which hasn't registered as a political party and is using a private company called "Gemini A Ltd" to funnel donations and keep donors secret, which they can do thanks to not registering as a political party.
      It was formed in January by Shuker (another one of the 7) solely for use as a vehicle for donors money, not to mention the fact that their website privacy provider is registered in panama.

So before gobbing off about "character assassinations", look at the f**king facts.

The whole point is that you whinge endlessly about corbyn's treatment in the press and what you call the msm. Yet any dissenting voices are subjected to the same hysterical rush to deselect them, question their personality , character and motives. What a f**king shower of hypocrites. 
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,869 posts | 3097 
      Reply #48: Feb 19, 2019 07:18:59 pm
      The whole point is that you whinge endlessly about corbyn's treatment in the press and what you call the msm. Yet any dissenting voices are subjected to the same hysterical rush to deselect them, question their personality , character and motives. What a f**king shower of hypocrites.

Nope.

Deselection is always a last resort, following months of talks, appeals and requests.
      It is only ever used when someone continually undermines the party and the manifesto they agreed to when they stood for election.

The fact that you (yet again) ignore factual evidence (like the LSE report on media bias) shows you don't care about truth or learning anything about processes and procedures in the Labour party.

The fact is, Umunna's shady dealings with Lord Sainsbury, where he "earns" a sh*t ton of money heading at least 2 "think tanks" that are dedicated to working against the Party Leader and the manifesto Umunna agreed to means he would have been ripped to shreds and his frontline political career destroyed.
      As yesterday showed, he has no qualms about circumventing the law by setting up a shell company to funnel money through in order to hide where it came from.

So I'll say again, you could read, learn and understand what really goes on, or you can ignore facts in favour of being shouty on the internet.

I'm pretty sure I know which one you'll choose.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,871 posts | 2368 
      Reply #49: Feb 19, 2019 07:33:43 pm
      Nope.

Deselection is always a last resort, following months of talks, appeals and requests.
      It is only ever used when someone continually undermines the party and the manifesto they agreed to when they stood for election.

The fact that you (yet again) ignore factual evidence (like the LSE report on media bias) shows you don't care about truth or learning anything about processes and procedures in the Labour party.

The fact is, Umunna's shady dealings with Lord Sainsbury, where he "earns" a sh*t ton of money heading at least 2 "think tanks" that are dedicated to working against the Party Leader and the manifesto Umunna agreed to means he would have been ripped to shreds and his frontline political career destroyed.
      As yesterday showed, he has no qualms about circumventing the law by setting up a shell company to funnel money through in order to hide where it came from.

So I'll say again, you could read, learn and understand what really goes on, or you can ignore facts in favour of being shouty on the internet.

I'm pretty sure I know which one you'll choose.

You really are like a broken record aren't you.i could learn and read about what's really going on or listen and read your endless pro corbyn mantra, where any criticism is dismissed as smears but you can dig out all sort of nonsense that suits your agenda. Shouty on the internet.nah that's you with your head stuck up your ass. Cheerio and say hello to degsy hatton for me.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,869 posts | 3097 
      Reply #50: Feb 20, 2019 12:02:14 pm
      You really are like a broken record aren't you.i could learn and read about what's really going on or listen and read your endless pro corbyn mantra, where any criticism is dismissed as smears but you can dig out all sort of nonsense that suits your agenda. Shouty on the internet.nah that's you with your head stuck up your ass. Cheerio and say hello to degsy hatton for me.

Nope, you see unlike you, I actually know what's going on in the Labour party, having been involved for the last 40 years or so.
      It's part of what being a Labour member is all about, but again, you wouldn't know that.

As I've said before, it's not about Corbyn, it's about his policies; proper Labour policies, like everyone working together for the common good.

See, you never really counter anything with facts.
      You react to facts by shouting and sticking your fingers in your ears, basically, like a child, because you can't stand being proved wrong.

You carry on fella, but I'm not sure how someone like you can ever learn anything, when you already think you know everything.

Now either come up with counter facts, y'know, like a rational adult, or f**k off and don't engage me, especially with what you think are "digs" but in reality are just childish rants.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,869 posts | 3097 
      Reply #51: Feb 20, 2019 12:08:54 pm
      So 3 tories also quit and become "Independent", citing Brexit and a "lurch to the right" which didn't seem to bother them much for the last 9 years, but does now.

I'd have a lot more respect for these people, on both sides, if they just came out with their real reasons, which they've all mentioned as a secondary cause.

I see the media are already calling them "The Quitters Party".
      This is going to get messy.
      Or messier.

It seems the only way to stop this is for May to try and call a GE, something I doubt she'll do.
      « Last Edit: Feb 20, 2019 12:15:54 pm by Swab »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,414 posts | 3218 
      Reply #52: Feb 20, 2019 12:14:19 pm
      Some living in cloud cuckoo-land thinking that meff Corbyn can win an election  if this is voter intentions mid term:lmao:

https://twitter.com/hzeffman/status/1098192449766338560
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,973 posts | 3454 
      Reply #53: Feb 20, 2019 12:33:15 pm
      Some living in cloud cuckoo-land thinking that meff Corbyn can win an election  if this is voter intentions mid term:lmao:

https://twitter.com/hzeffman/status/1098192449766338560

If those who you claim are living in cuckoo land believing Corbyn can win an election,Why won’t May call one? 🤔

Also I think those poll figures are not a true representation on peoples intention to vote..it’s the Times..
      « Last Edit: Feb 20, 2019 12:39:27 pm by Shabs »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,871 posts | 2368 
      Reply #54: Feb 20, 2019 12:34:10 pm
      Nope, you see unlike you, I actually know what's going on in the Labour party, having been involved for the last 40 years or so.
      It's part of what being a Labour member is all about, but again, you wouldn't know that.

As I've said before, it's not about Corbyn, it's about his policies; proper Labour policies, like everyone working together for the common good.

See, you never really counter anything with facts.
      You react to facts by shouting and sticking your fingers in your ears, basically, like a child, because you can't stand being proved wrong.

You carry on fella, but I'm not sure how someone like you can ever learn anything, when you already think you know everything.

Now either come up with counter facts, y'know, like a rational adult, or f**k off and don't engage me, especially with what you think are "digs" but in reality are just childish rants.

You keep banging on about facts, would you be prepared to stand up in public and accuse an mp of taking backhanders ?.,  er i don't think so do you ?,so spare us this keyboard warrior bullshit. You are a hypocrite of the highest order going on about thinking you know everything. Both my brother and father are lifelong labour supporters and my brother was also heavily involved in the trade union movement so i have knowledge of what is going on. You just are someone who is only interested in his own opinion. You don't know what rational arguments are, every response to my posts features another claim against one of the mp's that left which proves my point. Let the 8 disappear into obscurity , but no, you have to rubbish them and throw mud at them. If you are better off without them fine, you aren't even able to accept that labour has an issue with anti-semitsm or any issues at all. That my friend is where you need to start before blaming everyone else. Improve the perception of corbyn and the party ( i admit it's a tough battle) and he will walk the next election. Just give it a rest for christ sake.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,414 posts | 3218 
      Reply #55: Feb 20, 2019 12:46:18 pm
      If those who you claim are living in cuckoo land believing Corbyn can win an election,Why won’t May call one? 🤔

Also I think those poll figures are not a true representation on peoples intention to vote..it’s the Times..

Why should she, probably thinks in two years time who ever is the leader of the Tories they will still trounce Corbyn irrespective.

Would you prefer if it was from the Morning Star  :D
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,869 posts | 3097 
      Reply #56: Feb 20, 2019 12:51:30 pm
      You keep banging on about facts, would you be prepared to stand up in public and accuse an mp of taking backhanders ?.,  er i don't think so do you ?,so spare us this keyboard warrior bullshit. You are a hypocrite of the highest order going on about thinking you know everything. Both my brother and father are lifelong labour supporters and my brother was also heavily involved in the trade union movement so i have knowledge of what is going on. You just are someone who is only interested in his own opinion. You don't know what rational arguments are, every response to my posts features another claim against one of the mp's that left which proves my point. Let the 8 disappear into obscurity , but no, you have to rubbish them and throw mud at them. If you are better off without them fine, you aren't even able to accept that labour has an issue with anti-semitsm or any issues at all. That my friend is where you need to start before blaming everyone else. Improve the perception of corbyn and the party ( i admit it's a tough battle) and he will walk the next election. Just give it a rest for christ sake.

Yes, I would, because it's the truth.

You don't seem to be able to comprehend that.
      Just because an MP declares a donation from a lobbyist, it doesn't make it any less of a backhander.
      Doing paid outside work for a political "think tank" where the money has been hidden in a shell company, is a shady backhander.
      If nothing nefarious is going on, why do they need to hide where money comes from?

Angela Smith, for instance, has been getting backhanders (or donations) from private water companies for years in order to push their interests in parliament.

Lobbyist "donations" are legal backhanders.
      Why is that so difficult for you to understand.

The issue for Umunna is that so much of his money comes from Lord Sainsbury, who bankrolled Blair and other people on the right of the party.
      Members know this, and want rid of Blairs malign influence. He withdrew from the leadership because of this.

Now he has a new party, that isn't a party, where funds are being hidden in a shell company so that no one can question them.

I can't believe anyone is so dense they don't understand the problem with this.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,973 posts | 3454 
      Reply #57: Feb 20, 2019 12:56:58 pm
      Why should she, probably thinks in two years time who ever is the leader of the Tories they will still trounce Corbyn irrespective.

Would you prefer if it was from the Morning Star  :D

To quote Peter Hitchens...

“Opinion polls are a device for influencing public opinion, not a device for measuring it.Crack that,and it all makes sense.”

Oh & what type of rag is the Morning Star?.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,871 posts | 2368 
      Reply #58: Feb 20, 2019 01:02:17 pm
      Yes, I would, because it's the truth.

You don't seem to be able to comprehend that.
      Just because an MP declares a donation from a lobbyist, it doesn't make it any less of a backhander.
      Doing paid outside work for a political "think tank" where the money has been hidden in a shell company, is a shady backhander.
      If nothing nefarious is going on, why do they need to hide where money comes from?

Angela Smith, for instance, has been getting backhanders (or donations) from private water companies for years in order to push their interests in parliament.

Lobbyist "donations" are legal backhanders.
      Why is that so difficult for you to understand.

The issue for Umunna is that so much of his money comes from Lord Sainsbury, who bankrolled Blair and other people on the right of the party.
      Members know this, and want rid of Blairs malign influence. He withdrew from the leadership because of this.

Now he has a new party, that isn't a party, where funds are being hidden in a shell company so that no one can question them.

I can't believe anyone is so dense they don't understand the problem with this.

Oh ffs, you used the word yourself LEGAL !. Lobbyists have been around for years in many forms. Of course nobody in the current labour front bench has any influence exerted on them from outside. Sure len mcluskey is there for the free buffet
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,973 posts | 3454 
      Reply #59: Feb 20, 2019 01:04:06 pm
      Oh ffs, you used the word yourself LEGAL !. Lobbyists have been around for years in many forms.

Are we ok having a foreign power using lobbyist to dictate British foreign policy..?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,871 posts | 2368 
      Reply #60: Feb 20, 2019 01:20:58 pm
      Are we ok having a foreign power using lobbyist to dictate British foreign policy..?

Do you mean the country state we helped create in the first place.the moral highground set sail from.politics a long time ago.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,973 posts | 3454 
      Reply #61: Feb 20, 2019 01:23:53 pm
      Do you mean the country state we helped create in the first place.the moral highground set sail from.politics a long time ago.

No not just that state but the Gulf Monarchies too..& we have a moral responsibility to help address the wrongs we have created..
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,871 posts | 2368 
      Reply #62: Feb 20, 2019 01:29:24 pm
      No not just that state but the Gulf Monarchies too..& we have a moral responsibility to help address the wrongs we have created..

Compared to a nice fat juicy deal with the saudi's , mmmm
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,414 posts | 3218 
      Reply #63: Feb 20, 2019 01:34:06 pm
      To quote Peter Hitchens...

“Opinion polls are a device for influencing public opinion, not a device for measuring it.Crack that,and it all makes sense.”

Oh & what type of rag is the Morning Star?.

Can’t believe you are quoting that right wing hawk Hitchens.

I think you know exactly what sort of rag the Morning Star is.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,973 posts | 3454 
      Reply #64: Feb 20, 2019 01:35:34 pm
      Compared to a nice fat juicy deal with the saudi's , mmmm

& do we as a country benefit from these fat juicy deals or only the few...?

If someone is to accept the status quo of our government,politicians & their behaviour then they have no right to complain if actions taken by the PM or pm’s impact them..
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,869 posts | 3097 
      Reply #65: Feb 20, 2019 01:50:41 pm
      Oh ffs, you used the word yourself LEGAL !. Lobbyists have been around for years in many forms. Of course nobody in the current labour front bench has any influence exerted on them from outside. Sure len mcluskey is there for the free buffet

Legal and moral are 2 different things.
      Something can be legal but also shady, like the funding for this new party that isn't a party.
      It's technically legal, but it is also subverting the law by using a loophole.

Are you comfortable having a foreign government pay MP's to pursue the foreign governments interests in parliament?

Len Mcluskey is head of a union and the elected representative of Unite who have 1.2 million members, many of whom are Labour supporters, and a fair proportion are members.
      This is what democracy looks like; people have a voice.
      Corbyn doesn't dictate policy like Blair did, it is decided at conference and voted on.
      Democracy; people voting.
      It's something that Corbyn has brought back to Labour, which is why numbers increased so drastically.
      People have a voice.
      Again, no idea why that is difficult to understand.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,871 posts | 2368 
      Reply #66: Feb 20, 2019 01:57:34 pm
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,869 posts | 3097 
      Reply #67: Feb 20, 2019 01:59:54 pm
      & do we as a country benefit from these fat juicy deals or only the few...?

If someone is to accept the status quo of our government,politicians & their behaviour then they have no right to complain if actions taken by the PM or pm’s impact them..

LFI have been acting to undermine a democratic vote ever since Corbyn became leader.

The problem isn't one of anti semitism, the problem is that they are paid to undermine and stop any criticism of a foreign governments policy.

A story I heard a few years ago, left me speechless, and disgusted.
      I trust the fella who told me. He's not a bullshitter, or a blagger and also happens to be Jewish.
      He was at a meeting between Labour Friends of Israel and Labour Friends of Palestine where the discussion was supposed to be about finding solutions to the issue, by exploring different ideas.
      During a break from the formal discussions, a woman from LFP was asking Berger why she thought it was OK for Israel to shoot, imprison and torture Palestinian children, Berger just smirked, sneered and laughed at the mention of children being killed, in an attempt to get a rise so that she could accuse the LFP member of anti semitism.
      It's a pretty shocking story, more so because the fella was stood there listening and couldn't believe what he was seeing.

Then we have the Rabbi's and Israeli politicians who describe Palestinians as "sub human" who "deserve to be eradicated".

And we have politicians in our Parliament who are being paid to pursue this agenda, not just in Labour, but in all party's.

I've nothing against Israel, they have every right to exist in peace in their own country, but so do Palestinians.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,871 posts | 2368 
      Reply #68: Feb 20, 2019 02:05:24 pm
      Legal and moral are 2 different things.
      Something can be legal but also shady, like the funding for this new party that isn't a party.
      It's technically legal, but it is also subverting the law by using a loophole.

Are you comfortable having a foreign government pay MP's to pursue the foreign governments interests in parliament?

Len Mcluskey is head of a union and the elected representative of Unite who have 1.2 million members, many of whom are Labour supporters, and a fair proportion are members.
      This is what democracy looks like; people have a voice.
      Corbyn doesn't dictate policy like Blair did, it is decided at conference and voted on.
      Democracy; people voting.
      It's something that Corbyn has brought back to Labour, which is why numbers increased so drastically.
      People have a voice.
      Again, no idea why that is difficult to understand.

I am not particularly comfortable with any influence on politics that involves the buying of influence.  The union thing was.more of a devil's advocate argument but technically it does financial influence on decision making albeit in a more benign way.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,869 posts | 3097 
      Reply #69: Feb 20, 2019 02:28:00 pm
      I am not particularly comfortable with any influence on politics that involves the buying of influence.  The union thing was.more of a devil's advocate argument but technically it does financial influence on decision making albeit in a more benign way.

Technically I suppose, but it's more of a democratic influence to me.
      It's not as though McCluskey is unelected, he is simply carrying out the wishes of his members.

During the Blair years, members had little or no voice, and everything was handed down from central office.
      The tories do the same, only more so (if you know what I mean).

Now we have Corbyn wanting to hand a voice to voters, not just every 5 years, but also in conference, and in local and regional government.
      This is one of the things he is being attacked for.
      Those who think they are "born to rule" by virtue of birth or where they went to school don't believe oiks like us should have a voice, because "they know best".
      Once that sort of establishment vested interest is challenged, we get what we see in the media all the time, smears, lies and distortions.
      I rather doubt that the billionaires who own 80% (ish) of our press have our interests at heart. On the other hand I'm pretty sure they'll do anything to keep the status quo which gives them power, influence and immense wealth with little taxation.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,541 posts | 677 
      Reply #70: Feb 20, 2019 03:39:00 pm
      LFI have been acting to undermine a democratic vote ever since Corbyn became leader.

The problem isn't one of anti semitism, the problem is that they are paid to undermine and stop any criticism of a foreign governments policy.

A story I heard a few years ago, left me speechless, and disgusted.
      I trust the fella who told me. He's not a bullshitter, or a blagger and also happens to be Jewish.
      He was at a meeting between Labour Friends of Israel and Labour Friends of Palestine where the discussion was supposed to be about finding solutions to the issue, by exploring different ideas.
      During a break from the formal discussions, a woman from LFP was asking Berger why she thought it was OK for Israel to shoot, imprison and torture Palestinian children, Berger just smirked, sneered and laughed at the mention of children being killed, in an attempt to get a rise so that she could accuse the LFP member of anti semitism.
      It's a pretty shocking story, more so because the fella was stood there listening and couldn't believe what he was seeing.

Then we have the Rabbi's and Israeli politicians who describe Palestinians as "sub human" who "deserve to be eradicated".

And we have politicians in our Parliament who are being paid to pursue this agenda, not just in Labour, but in all party's.

I've nothing against Israel, they have every right to exist in peace in their own country, but so do Palestinians.

Does this really get to the anti semite issue. Is it just anti Israeli sentiment because of the Israeli policy towards Palestinians or is it a religious or racial hatred thing in the Labour party.

I'm against the Israeli policy of building on the West Bank, land that is supposed to be controlled by Palestinian authority. The policy of herding Palestinians into basically a ghetto in the Gaza strip and blockading that territory. I'm not anti zionist, I'm not interested in religion. Any fair minded person would say the Israeli policies towards Palestine are unfair and unbalanced.That is not anti semitism.

There is no debate in the UK about this because the anti semitism label comes out and is used by pro Israeli supporters.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,869 posts | 3097 
      Reply #71: Feb 20, 2019 04:58:23 pm
      Does this really get to the anti semite issue. Is it just anti Israeli sentiment because of the Israeli policy towards Palestinians or is it a religious or racial hatred thing in the Labour party.

I'm against the Israeli policy of building on the West Bank, land that is supposed to be controlled by Palestinian authority. The policy of herding Palestinians into basically a ghetto in the Gaza strip and blockading that territory. I'm not anti zionist, I'm not interested in religion. Any fair minded person would say the Israeli policies towards Palestine are unfair and unbalanced.That is not anti semitism.

There is no debate in the UK about this because the anti semitism label comes out and is used by pro Israeli supporters.

I have never met a single person who dislikes Jewish people.
      Now granted, it's not something anyone would come out with, but still.

The problem is that anyone who supports Palestine is seen by the Israeli government as an enemy, and is smeared as anti semitic.
      It's nonsense.
      Anyone who disagrees with Zionism (a political movement) is also smeared as anti semitic.

Jewish people who mention that the State of Israel actually goes against Jewish religious teachings in the Tanakh are branded  "self hating Jews"
      Jewish people in Labour have been called "the wrong type of Jew" for speaking out about atrocities committed by the Israeli government.

Anyone who disagrees with Israeli actions, Zionism or supports Palestinian rights, is labelled "anti semitic".

It's ridiculous.

On top of that, there are the usual nutjobs who use this to formulate conspiracies about how "Jews run the world" and other nonsense, which of course plays into the victim narrative of the Israeli government.

When you see the Israeli government attacking holocaust survivors after they speak out about Palestine, you know something is very wrong.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,541 posts | 677 
      Reply #72: Feb 20, 2019 06:04:38 pm
      I have never met a single person who dislikes Jewish people.
      Now granted, it's not something anyone would come out with, but still.

The problem is that anyone who supports Palestine is seen by the Israeli government as an enemy, and is smeared as anti semitic.
      It's nonsense.
      Anyone who disagrees with Zionism (a political movement) is also smeared as anti semitic.

Jewish people who mention that the State of Israel actually goes against Jewish religious teachings in the Tanakh are branded  "self hating Jews"
      Jewish people in Labour have been called "the wrong type of Jew" for speaking out about atrocities committed by the Israeli government.

Anyone who disagrees with Israeli actions, Zionism or supports Palestinian rights, is labelled "anti semitic".

It's ridiculous.

On top of that, there are the usual nutjobs who use this to formulate conspiracies about how "Jews run the world" and other nonsense, which of course plays into the victim narrative of the Israeli government.

When you see the Israeli government attacking holocaust survivors after they speak out about Palestine, you know something is very wrong.

There is an element of conspiracy connected to the anti semite tag that has been attached to Labour. It's no coincidence that the issue was highlighted during the furore and controversy around the Windrush scandal. That's not to say there isn't anti semitism in the Labour Party but any ill feeling is due largely to the Israeli policies toward Palestine and the blatant disregard for the sovereignty of Palestine by numerous actors Britain included.

Every single time a Labour MP get interviewed he is questioned over Anti semitism. The Anti semite tag has stifled any real debate related to the conflict in the middle east. Conveniently the Windrush scandal has been overlooked.

Personally I condemn all forms of racism whether it's against Jews or anybody else.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,869 posts | 3097 
      Reply #73: Feb 20, 2019 06:30:43 pm
      There is an element of conspiracy connected to the anti semite tag that has been attached to Labour. It's no coincidence that the issue was highlighted during the furore and controversy around the Windrush scandal. That's not to say there isn't anti semitism in the Labour Party but any ill feeling is due largely to the Israeli policies toward Palestine and the blatant disregard for the sovereignty of Palestine by numerous actors Britain included.

Every single time a Labour MP get interviewed he is questioned over Anti semitism. The Anti semite tag has stifled any real debate related to the conflict in the middle east. Conveniently the Windrush scandal has been overlooked.

Personally I condemn all forms of racism whether it's against Jews or anybody else.

The report I posted on here yesterday showed anti semitic posts account for 0.08% of posts by Labour members.

In a party of over 600,000 members you're going to have a few idiots.
      What's important is rooting them out and getting rid.
      Not doing a Hodge, where she reported 200 posts, saying they were all from Labour members when it was 20 posts by 12 members all of whom were censured. The rest were just random twitters idiots that she decided to chuck in for good measure.

This is how distorted the thing has become.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,973 posts | 3454 
      Reply #74: Feb 20, 2019 09:01:08 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #75: Feb 20, 2019 09:33:49 pm

Just about to come in and post that very tweet. Astonishing insight and one hell of an attack on Theresa May - not just politcally but personal as well. I'm sure Soubry has a lot more to tell. The three that left the Tories today is far more significant than the 8 who left Labour. Not just in terms of the fact it makes the Tories governing strategy so much harder, but that, historically, Tory splits are harder to come by than Labour ones. Even when subsumed by anti EU, far right infighting the pro EU contingent of the party had mystifyingly stayed put. Not any more. It doesn't say much for those pro EU Tories who are staying put though. If they really do care about putting country before party then you'd expect more people to join the three today.
      « Last Edit: Feb 20, 2019 09:41:16 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,869 posts | 3097 
      Reply #76: Feb 21, 2019 12:05:08 pm
      Just about to come in and post that very tweet. Astonishing insight and one hell of an attack on Theresa May - not just politcally but personal as well. I'm sure Soubry has a lot more to tell. The three that left the Tories today is far more significant than the 8 who left Labour. Not just in terms of the fact it makes the Tories governing strategy so much harder, but that, historically, Tory splits are harder to come by than Labour ones. Even when subsumed by anti EU, far right infighting the pro EU contingent of the party had mystifyingly stayed put. Not any more. It doesn't say much for those pro EU Tories who are staying put though. If they really do care about putting country before party then you'd expect more people to join the three today.

It'll be the usual drip feed won't it, to keep it in the news.
      Labour one day, tory the next, choreographed in advance and the media notified.

It's all a bit silly.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,541 posts | 677 
      Reply #77: Feb 21, 2019 01:37:18 pm
      Soubry says May is against being in a customs unions and the single market. May, she says has a problem with immigration.

Well the 17.4 million people who voted to leave have a problem with immigration and the way we trade with the EU. That's basically why they voted to leave. Putting aside Soubry's "cheap labour" remarks, it could be argued that May is trying to stay true to the referendum result.

I'm not in any way supporting May and I voted to remain. It should've been a cross party approach and the only reason May has consulted is because her own party voted her deal down.

Staying in the customs union and the single market and carrying on with free movement is Brexit in name only.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,973 posts | 3454 
      Reply #78: Feb 22, 2019 02:29:48 pm
      Labour anti-Semitism claims: Jewish group backs Corbyn

A network of Jewish Labour members has backed Jeremy Corbyn over claims the party has become "institutionally anti-Semitic" under his leadership.

Some 200 Labour supporters signed a Jewish Voice for Labour letter calling Mr Corbyn's party a "crucial ally in the fight against bigotry".

Anti-Semitism on the left is "abhorrent but relatively rare", it argues.

The Board of Deputies of British Jews said the view ran "counter to the experiences of Jewish Labour members".

On Wednesday, Labour front-bench MP Barry Gardiner made an emotional apology to Jewish people "let down" by the party.

"We will not stop working until we have once again become a safe and welcoming political home for people from the Jewish community as from every other," Labour's international trade spokesman told the Commons.

Seven MPs leave Labour in Corbyn protest
      Labour: 673 anti-Semitism reports in 10 months
      Shadow cabinet clash over anti-Semitism
      Liverpool Wavertree MP Luciana Berger quit the party for the new Independent Group on Monday, saying she had been subjected to "thousands of messages of anti-Semitic abuse and hate".

Telling MPs she had been met with "obfuscation, smears, inaction and denial" after raising the problem, Ms Berger said she arrived at the "sickening conclusion" that the Labour Party was "institutionally anti-Semitic".

But the letter drafted by Jewish Voice for Labour, which describes itself as offering "a space to explore and debate the many questions that are important to us as progressive Labour Jews", rejects the suggestion.

'Formidable' record on campaigning

"The Labour Party under the progressive leadership of Jeremy Corbyn is a crucial ally in the fight against bigotry and reaction," says the letter, published in the Guardian .

"His lifetime record of campaigning for equality and human rights, including consistent support for initiatives against anti-Semitism, is formidable. His involvement strengthens this struggle."

The group says the letter was signed by filmmaker Mike Leigh, writer Michael Rosen and author Gillian Slovo, as well as several academics and Walter Wolfgang, 93, who fled Nazi Germany as a child.

It backs the Labour Party's endorsement of freedom of expression on Israel and on the rights of Palestinians.

However, Board of Deputies President Marie van der Zyl said: "The usual bunch of anti-Semitism deniers have written to the Guardian to declare that anti-Jewish hate in the Labour Party is rare."

She said the letter was "particularly disrespectful" to Ms Berger who had suffered "years of anti-Semitic abuse, much of it from fellow party members".

"This crisis will only be ended once the denial stops and Labour takes this problem seriously. Our community cannot have any confidence in Labour until the leadership commits to action."

Jewish Voice for Labour was formed in 2017 and has consistently backed Mr Corbyn's leadership.

It is separate to the Jewish Labour Movement, formed in 1903, which has called extraordinary general meetings for 6 March, reportedly to discuss ending its 99-year affiliation with the Labour Party.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-47322921

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,869 posts | 3097 
      Reply #79: Feb 22, 2019 02:52:33 pm

A network of Jewish Labour members has backed Jeremy Corbyn over claims the party has become "institutionally anti-Semitic" under his leadership.

Some 200 Labour supporters signed a Jewish Voice for Labour letter calling Mr Corbyn's party a "crucial ally in the fight against bigotry".

The Board of Deputies of British Jews said the view ran "counter to the experiences of Jewish Labour members".

On Wednesday, Labour front-bench MP Barry Gardiner made an emotional apology to Jewish people "let down" by the party.

"We will not stop working until we have once again become a safe and welcoming political home for people from the Jewish community as from every other," Labour's international trade spokesman told the Commons.

Liverpool Wavertree MP Luciana Berger quit the party for the new Independent Group on Monday, saying she had been subjected to "thousands of messages of anti-Semitic abuse and hate".

Telling MPs she had been met with "obfuscation, smears, inaction and denial" after raising the problem, Ms Berger said she arrived at the "sickening conclusion" that the Labour Party was "institutionally anti-Semitic".

But the letter drafted by Jewish Voice for Labour, which describes itself as offering "a space to explore and debate the many questions that are important to us as progressive Labour Jews", rejects the suggestion.

"The Labour Party under the progressive leadership of Jeremy Corbyn is a crucial ally in the fight against bigotry and reaction," says the letter, published in the Guardian .

"His lifetime record of campaigning for equality and human rights, including consistent support for initiatives against anti-Semitism, is formidable. His involvement strengthens this struggle."

The group says the letter was signed by filmmaker Mike Leigh, writer Michael Rosen and author Gillian Slovo, as well as several academics and Walter Wolfgang, 93, who fled Nazi Germany as a child.

It backs the Labour Party's endorsement of freedom of expression on Israel and on the rights of Palestinians.

However, Board of Deputies President Marie van der Zyl said: "The usual bunch of anti-Semitism deniers have written to the Guardian to declare that anti-Jewish hate in the Labour Party is rare."

She said the letter was "particularly disrespectful" to Ms Berger who had suffered "years of anti-Semitic abuse, much of it from fellow party members".

"This crisis will only be ended once the denial stops and Labour takes this problem seriously. Our community cannot have any confidence in Labour until the leadership commits to action."

Jewish Voice for Labour was formed in 2017 and has consistently backed Mr Corbyn's leadership.

It is separate to the Jewish Labour Movement, formed in 1903, which has called extraordinary general meetings for 6 March, reportedly to discuss ending its 99-year affiliation with the Labour Party.

I've been involved in the Labour party for over 40 years now, in one way or another.
      I gave up my membership when Blair took over, mostly in protest at him re-shaping the party into a right of centre soft tory clone, but I took my membership up again when Ed Milliband was voted in.

I've come across the odd arsehole in that time, the odd racist etc but I've never heard any anti semitism, unless it's from the right against Palestinians.
      I know for a fact there are loads of people on social media pretending to be Labour members then throwing abuse.
      I also know that the huge increase in membership saw a few abusive nutters join, but they are being weeded out slowly but surely.

People are seeing through the nonsense, although it is taking time.
      When that starts to fail, the right will simply find another smear.
      It's what they do.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #80: Feb 22, 2019 07:02:35 pm

Mark Elf - SMEARED...oh wait

https://twitter.com/daverich1/status/1098344303158616064
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,869 posts | 3097 
      Reply #81: Feb 22, 2019 07:06:30 pm

Until the same level of scrutiny is applied to all party's then it is smears.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,541 posts | 677 
      Reply #82: Feb 23, 2019 12:14:33 am
      The oiligarchy that really wield control and influence will do what is necessary to keep a socialist government from becoming a reality. They had to find something that had an element of truth to it. Had to find a soft under belly to attack. Anti semitism fits the bill.

The last election gave them a wake up call. I think they dismissed Corbyn. May thought she could bury Corbyn and win a landslide. Didn't happen so Corbyn had to be dealt with. And they are winning. Corbyn is behind in the polls, he has MP's calling him every name under the sun. Even the BBC hate him.

Wealth grows faster than the economy and it follows that the inequality of wealth will grow exponentially. It's the logical conclusion of capitalism. We've all heard stuff like 1% owns 50% of the worlds assets. That will grow and grow. Vast wealth doesn't go down, it only goes up.

Even the slight threat to that wealth, that dominance will be dealt with. Corbyn isn't that big a threat but he won't get the chance to feed any serious movement that puts forward a socialist doctrine.

The USA voted in an Oiligarch who has cut taxes for the rich. Wealth inequality is even wider in the USA. Fortunately they have voted in an idiot who will eventually screw it up but it won't affect the status quo of global financial inequality.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 762 
      Reply #83: Feb 27, 2019 04:57:15 pm
      So India and Pakistan is it all gonna go off over there or will they wind their f**king necks in?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #84: Feb 27, 2019 06:30:19 pm
      Labour forced to back a People's Vote. The vile Chris Williamson suspended. Good work by Tom Watson this week.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,973 posts | 3454 
      Reply #85: Feb 27, 2019 06:48:50 pm
      Labour forced to back a People's Vote. The vile Chris Williamson suspended. Good work by Tom Watson this week.

Why is Chris Williamson vile?.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,869 posts | 3097 
      Reply #86: Feb 28, 2019 12:02:54 pm

What is it you think Tom Watson has done this week?

Jennie Formby is responsible for discipline, including any suspensions, and is also in charge of investigating claims.

Tom Watson, is good at posturing for the camera's, but even when handed a role, has failed to see it through, being a bit of a lazy f**ker who thinks politics is just about playing power games and stabbing people in the back.

FYI, Labout weren't "forced" to back anything. This plan, step by step, was agreed at conference.

Quick Reply