Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Samsung G600

Read 6373 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Samsung G600
      Nov 15, 2007 05:33:36 pm
      Anybody got this - or more to the point a Samsung phone?  Always had Nokia's and Sony's and wondering about a) build quality and b) battery life.

I quite fancy the G600 as it has a 5 Megapixel camera
      http://www.yourmobilephone.co.uk/samsung-g600/samsung-g600-the-5-megapixel-camera-phone/
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: Samsung G600
      Reply #1: Nov 15, 2007 06:19:27 pm
      I quite like the look of that JD, I've had 2 Samsungs in the past, quite recently.  I had the D500 a while ago and the last phone I had was the D900.  Liked both of them after previously using to Nokia's.  Currently got Sony, but I think will be changing back to Samsung in January, by that time the G800 will be out.     Like Samsung for the style and easy operation.  Battery life was average, no worse than any other phone I've had. 

A great site for checking out new phones and up and coming models is GSM Arena, gives all the expected launch dates and reviews on most phones. 

http://www.gsmarena.com/ 
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #2: Nov 15, 2007 07:09:55 pm
      I don't know what to expect from a mobile phone, now that the iPhone has hit us.

Mind you the iPhone doesn't have bluetooth to send pictures, it can't take videos and it could do with a bigger virtual keyboard to type with.

I currently have the phone that nearly everyone has got at the minute.

The Sony Ericsson K750i, 2 megapixel camera, but the video recording is a little sh*te & the navigation stick becomes difficult to move.  Bought it nearly 2 years a go when it first come out, everyone started lashing their notes out when it had been out just over a year.  Also the texting makes my head bleed because it hardly knows any words on the predictive text.  Took ages adding words.  Could do with a new one actually.  I wouldn't mind having the new Cybershot Sony, 5.0 megapixel camera, but no fun there because it will probably be the same software as the one I own now.  Bear in mind soon they will start bringing out 7.0 megapixel cameras soon.

My girlfriend has the Samsung E900 in pink.  The touch buttons take the piss.  And she's had 3 models of the same phone because it fu**ed up twice.  Now the model they last give her is starting to go on her and the o2 shop really don't want to know anymore - and they never offered her a refund.

So a definite no go on Samsungs.

The best phone manufacturers are definitely Nokias, simple texting, easy to use & they normally come with some nifty features.

Wouldn't mind getting the new Nokia, fresh from the N Series.  The new Nokia N81.  It's also a slider just like the new G600.

*EDIT*

There is a even more recent model from Nokia that slipped under my nose ;)  Mobile phones are out every 5 seconds these days!

The Nokia N82

Not bad, probably no other simularities from the slide one ^^

« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2007 07:15:12 pm by Court LFC »
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #3: Nov 16, 2007 02:37:00 pm
      I've had Samsungs for the past 3 years now.
      I've never had a problem with them.
      I've currently got the D900, and does everything it says on the tin for me.

CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #4: Nov 26, 2007 06:43:50 pm
      I've had Samsungs for the past 3 years now.
      I've never had a problem with them.
      I've currently got the D900, and does everything it says on the tin for me.

I've always been warned off Samsungs! Sony Ericssons do it for me! ;)

Me mate has the G600 and he is selling it as he can't stand it! He's after the Sony Ericsson w910i, which is what I'm after when this contract runs out!

I had the w850i and I can categorically say it is the best mobile I've ever had, and anyone who has had it agrees with me! I got it, and then me brother, dad, two of me mates and me sister in law all got it!  8)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #5: Mar 06, 2008 12:30:36 am
      I've just ordered the G800.  £35 a month for 12 months.  (10 months half price £17.50). Free handset - free delivery.  500 text and 400 minutes a month.

Pretty F***ing impressed with that deal.

http://www.yourmobilephone.co.uk/samsung-g800/samsung-g800-best-internet-deals/
      MsGerrard
      Reply #6: Mar 06, 2008 12:36:17 am
      I've just ordered the G800.  £35 a month for 12 months.  (10 months half price £17.50). Free handset - free delivery.  500 text and 400 minutes a month.

Looking very nice that JD.....good deal as well ;D

That and Liverpool scoring 4 goals.........being spoilt you are ;)
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #7: Jul 22, 2008 08:13:40 pm

Just received my new phone today through Orange.
      They rang yesterday offering me a new deal - think I was on the Dolphin 25 plan before at £30 a month.
      They offered me £20 a month, 200 minutes talk time and unlimited texts.
      The phone is the new Samsung U900 with all the extras including a free 8gb micro sd card.
      Happy enough with that deal myself. But it is an 18 month contract.

http://www.recommendedbuys.co.uk/mobiles-phones-faxes/mobile-phones/samsung-u900.htm

graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #8: Jul 23, 2008 07:18:57 am
      Just received my new phone today through Orange.
      They rang yesterday offering me a new deal - think I was on the Dolphin 25 plan before at £30 a month.
      They offered me £20 a month, 200 minutes talk time and unlimited texts.
      The phone is the new Samsung U900 with all the extras including a free 8gb micro sd card.
      Happy enough with that deal myself. But it is an 18 month contract.

http://www.recommendedbuys.co.uk/mobiles-phones-faxes/mobile-phones/samsung-u900.htm

mmmmmmmmmm unlimited texts, might get some better jokes now.  :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014:

Quick Reply