Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v West Ham?

Alisson
      1 (1.2%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.2%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      4 (4.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      12 (14.3%)
       Fabinho
      7 (8.3%)
      Naby Keïta
      12 (14.3%)
      Adam Lallana
      7 (8.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      36 (42.9%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.2%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      3 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Voting closed: Feb 08, 2019 09:50:46 pm

West Ham United 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 38603 times
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: West Ham United 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #851: Feb 04, 2019 10:30:17 pm
      But you've been there, you should know. The problem was Dubai

No, I don't know better than you do. That's for sure. Who am I??? Your 18k posts against me 6k. Looks like a heavy weigh is out to get me here. Runnnn ....
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #852: Feb 04, 2019 10:30:19 pm
      It's getting more and more obvious that Gini and Hendo are our most important players.
      Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #853: Feb 04, 2019 10:30:25 pm
      The reality of the situation as i see it is this.

Everton will roll over and on sunday city will beat chelsea on sunday. So even if we somehow manage to wake up and beat bournmouth we will be kicking off our game in hand ... against united in 2nd place on goal difference.

City will no doubt we walking off with the league cup at that point.

Hindsight is a great thing ... but i said it at the time it was wrong to let clyne go and it was wrong to goto dubai. If people disagree with that then i respect that. But thats my opinion.

We are certainly lacking creativity in midfield to unlock the door. I will leave it at that.
      DutchLiverpoolFan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,086 posts | 61 
      Reply #854: Feb 04, 2019 10:30:42 pm
      We did have Sturridge though..

Just putting that out there. A goal scorer. Sat on the bench. Whilst we were desperate for a goal.

:confused-smiley-013:
      Sturridge barely looked like someone that knows how to kick a ball when he came on against Leicester. Let alone a goal scorer. He's finished and even though Origi isn't great I prefer him to Sturridge.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,039 posts | 336 
      Reply #855: Feb 04, 2019 10:31:10 pm
      A midfield that's not played together before.
      A solid utility midfielder needed in the middle but covering a vacancy at right back.
      A little-used CB who lacks authority and runs himself out of position at least once a half.
      A new midfielder who's been in and out with form and injury and is desperate to justify himself. Too desperate.  Playing without much brain.
      A LB who is the best in the business on form, but who is looking jaded and hasn't formed a playing understanding with the new midfielder.
      A midfielder / attacker who hardly ever plays and is frequently injured, and after years at the club, will probably feel he still has to prove himself.
      A Brazilian forward who usually holds the ball up and lays off well to create space, but has lost form.
      Mo, who seems to be trying to do it all by himslef at times.
      A motivated, well organised and talented (in places) home opposition who have been everything from dreadful to very good indeed all season.
      A massed opposition defence.
      And a trip to Dubai that probably had little to do with football matters.

Not a surprise that we didn't win, but its not over.  Get back up again and come out swinging.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,439 posts | 1465 
      Reply #856: Feb 04, 2019 10:31:28 pm
      F**k you sky. Sky congratulating Mark noble for their draw? This media agenda is doing my head in.
      You’ll have to get used to it mate,there will be plenty of it right into may.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #857: Feb 04, 2019 10:31:36 pm
      Yall need to calm down, yall thought we were gonna go through the whole season undefeated? when does that happen?

we've lost one game and had a dip in form where we haven't had any defeats.  Yes but the manner of performances have been terrible

This is ridiculous. Yall letting pundits and media narrative dictate how you feel.

leicester are never push overs, west ham away can be tricky. This meltdown unfathomable
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #858: Feb 04, 2019 10:31:54 pm
      Four points dropped in two games and no convincing win this calendar year. If people still think we have a good squad they need their eyes tested. Couple of injuries and all of a sudden we're putting an old man at Right Back, a coward at centre back and someone whose legs have gone in midfield, and don't even get me started on our options up front. We have too many players who injuries have taken their toll on, too many who never made the cut when the first team was substantially worse than it is now. Whatever happens this season, this Summer needs a clear out of players and fresh legs brought in. Matip, Lallana, Origi, Sturridge, amongst others all need to go.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,146 posts | 2780 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #859: Feb 04, 2019 10:32:46 pm
      It wasn’t gutless. There was no lack of effort. It just wasn’t a a very good performance. Everyone looked out of kilter, passing was all over the place, lots of poor decisions with the ball mostly.

Totally gutting. Can’t help but think we’ve blown it BUT were still top of the table and maybe we’re better off in a close title fight that goes to the wire, I guess we are gonna find out.

Id xall people in shooting pozitions passing it instead gutless
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #860: Feb 04, 2019 10:33:02 pm
      Klopp has a habit of waiting too long.

Firmino lasted 75mins today. Incredible. Pull the finger out and stop waiting for things to happen.

City will be top of the table Wednesday night and only a week ago we could have been seven clear. Bottlers.

If he had a bench to play from he might be tempted. It is in fairness still hard to find anything on there to change a game.

Shaqiri has been crap recently too.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #861: Feb 04, 2019 10:35:56 pm
      Wise up we were terrible and have been since gomez got injured. Playing like this we have not a prayer of winning the league I thought this break was meant to have helped us. So instead of going seven points clear last week now city will be top by weekend.
      DanRed44
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 121 posts | 18 
      Reply #862: Feb 04, 2019 10:36:10 pm
      We already have it. It was supposed to be Shaq and/or Naby!
      Jürgen: "A couple of players didn't perform at the highest level tonight"
      No we don't, a creative midfielder is a Fekir, or someone like a Coutinho, Keita is certainly not creative, and Shaq is good on his day, but all about his delivery
      storophanthus
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 308 posts | 16 
      Reply #863: Feb 04, 2019 10:36:13 pm
      Please no more draw after this. It's the mark of non-urgency, and obviously worse than 1 win + 1 lost. 
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #864: Feb 04, 2019 10:36:35 pm
      Would love to know what it was in Dubai that has made everything go 'tits up'. Vitamin D overdose? Tortured by camels? Got sand in their eyes? Perhaps they are still awestruck by an experience camping in the Arabian Desert learning the secrets of a fulfilling life from the wisened, cultured Bedouin?

Who knows?

Squad depth, questionable loan deals, injuries or nerves. All of which pale into insignificance compared with the trip to Dubai.

Middle of F***ing winter here and they're playing beach football in the dessert.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #865: Feb 04, 2019 10:36:44 pm
      Loaning out Clyne could be the biggest mistake of the season...
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,039 posts | 336 
      Reply #866: Feb 04, 2019 10:37:08 pm

Everton will roll over and on sunday city will beat chelsea on sunday. So even if we somehow manage to wake up and beat bournmouth we will be kicking off our game in hand ... against united in 2nd place on goal difference.

Hindsight is a great thing ... but i said it at the time it was wrong to let clyne go and it was wrong to goto dubai. If people disagree with that then i respect that. But thats my opinion.

We are certainly lacking creativity in midfield to unlock the door. I will leave it at that.

We're lacking movement and intelligence up front, and the speed of thought and deed to make the right killer pass.  Only Mane is making penetrating runs rather than jogging to and fro among the defence, and his runs are so sharp and unpredictable we can't get the ball in to him regularly.  So we opt to keep possession and recycle it.  Meanwhile the defence organises.  Quick ball, diagonal runs, vision, preparedness to gamble in the last third.  Yep, maybe you were right! 
      And I do agree about Clyne.

But it isn't over.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #867: Feb 04, 2019 10:38:14 pm

Respectfully made.

I agree with the bit I highlighted.

Clyne and Dubai are the reddest of herrings ;)

In my opinion.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #868: Feb 04, 2019 10:39:08 pm
      What are we doing in training day in day out. Do we learn to shoot at all. Never any goals coming from Midfielders either. Used to be all Midfielders had a target of 15goals from start of the season. If our forwards are not on there game we don't score.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,526 posts | 719 
      Reply #869: Feb 04, 2019 10:40:23 pm
      I'm under no illusion's we aren't playing well.

But the FAX are, City have lost 4 league games in the last 10. The media is telling us they are 'on form'

WE'VE LOST ONCE ALL SEASON

EVERYONE JUST NEEDS TO CALM THE EFF DOWN.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,524 posts | 1661 
      • YNWA
      Reply #870: Feb 04, 2019 10:41:42 pm
      Could have been worse, WH could've taken one of their very good clear cut chances to make it 2-1.
      It's a worry, but got the point and are still 3 points clear.
      Anything can happen, never thought for a minute we'd easily pull away from Citeh, they're too good for that.
      Tonnes of footy still to play.
      Need some lads back from injury, and for Mo and Bob to put out an APB to look for their form.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,039 posts | 336 
      Reply #871: Feb 04, 2019 10:41:56 pm
      Four points dropped in two games and no convincing win this calendar year. If people still think we have a good squad they need their eyes tested. Couple of injuries and all of a sudden we're putting an old man at Right Back, a coward at centre back and someone whose legs have gone in midfield, and don't even get me started on our options up front. We have too many players who injuries have taken their toll on, too many who never made the cut when the first team was substantially worse than it is now. Whatever happens this season, this Summer needs a clear out of players and fresh legs brought in. Matip, Lallana, Origi, Sturridge, amongst others all need to go.

I get your feeling, mate, but that's harsh on Milly and Matip.  I agree about the drop in quality behind the 1st XI.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #872: Feb 04, 2019 10:42:04 pm
      Old proverb...

‘Man who goes to bed with a itchy arse, Wakes up with smelly fingers’..

Trent & Gini can’t get back soon enough.. & for the Henderson haters.. the skipper was sorely missed tonight..

Football is such a game.. City could draw their next 2 or loose & we can go on to win our 2 & look back at tonight’s games and say.. point well earned with a team missing its core players..

DutchLiverpoolFan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,086 posts | 61 
      Reply #873: Feb 04, 2019 10:42:34 pm
      What are we doing in training day in day out. Do we learn to shoot at all. Never any goals coming from Midfielders either. Used to be all Midfielders had a target of 15goals from start of the season. If our forwards are not on there game we don't score.
      Our midfield has scored 11 goals of the 56 goals this season. 6 were from Shaqiri. Madness really

Quick Reply