Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v West Ham?

Alisson
      1 (1.2%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.2%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      4 (4.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      12 (14.3%)
       Fabinho
      7 (8.3%)
      Naby KeĂŻta
      12 (14.3%)
      Adam Lallana
      7 (8.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      36 (42.9%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.2%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      3 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Voting closed: Feb 08, 2019 09:50:46 pm

West Ham United 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 37858 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Re: West Ham United 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #920: Feb 05, 2019 07:32:25 am
      I agree with your comment that the bulk of players aren't like they used to be.A big  majority of players would not last under the system when we did not have subs.I will give one example (Gerry Byrne) and leave it at that.
       Back on topic ,it was bad enough dropping 2 points against the Hammers but it was the slow passing game and no progress upfield that annoyed me the most.I might upset some with this post but I want to see number 19 back at Anfield this season.

We were Billy.

Just said in the player thread that I thought Fab in particular was slow and wasteful. He kept misplacing passes even simple ones when popping it back to Virgil or Joel were 2 yards off target and just slowed us again.

Overall we’ve been poor in two games. It happens. Time to wake up from this torpor and get back at it.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #921: Feb 05, 2019 07:44:55 am
      We were Billy.

Just said in the player thread that I thought Fab in particular was slow and wasteful. He kept misplacing passes even simple ones when popping it back to Virgil or Joel were 2 yards off target and just slowed us again.

Overall we’ve been poor in two games. It happens. Time to wake up from this torpor and get back at it.

Fab may have been slow but with a pass accuracy of 91% he was not wasteful compare him to Bobby at 76%!

Fab had the highest pass accuracy last night.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #922: Feb 05, 2019 07:46:21 am
      League Table 8 weeks ago.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #923: Feb 05, 2019 07:51:39 am
      Fab may have been slow but with a pass accuracy of 91% he was not wasteful compare him to Bobby at 76%!

Fab had the highest pass accuracy last night.

One of the stats that can be misleading in my opinion. It measures completed passes.

Doesn’t - for example - pick up ALL the passes 2-3 feet wrong side of both full backs and the cbs that weren’t intercepted but slowed us down.

He’s a great player. Big, big part of why we were so pedestrian last night.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #924: Feb 05, 2019 07:53:36 am
      If you think it's gone from 5 points to 3, you can. I see it as increasing from 2 points before ko to 3 atm. Therefore the lead has increased.
      Yes and we're playing terrible from. Start of the tear and feeling pressure in Feb what be like in May. Don't improve 100% city will easily win the league. There favourites again. The fact we only won a league cup in 13 years is putting extra pressure on the club to win silverware. Definitely will not happen unless we are playing at top of our form till end of the season
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #925: Feb 05, 2019 07:56:31 am
      One of the stats that can be misleading in my opinion. It measures completed passes.

Doesn’t - for example - pick up ALL the passes 2-3 feet wrong side of both full backs and the cbs that weren’t intercepted but slowed us down.

He’s a great player. Big, big part of why we were so pedestrian last night.

Yeah maybe but I doubt passes back to the CB’s cost us last night and like you say it seems to be a team torpor.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #926: Feb 05, 2019 08:01:14 am
      Yeah maybe but I doubt passes back to the CB’s cost us last night and like you say it seems to be a team torpor.

I love the lad - he’s a smashing player - but last night it was him who frustrated me more than the other two. We needed a higher tempo and everything he touched seemed to me to go wrong side and let them get their shape back.

Oh - and this isn’t aimed at you incidentally - but isn’t it funny how “costly” those passes back to cbs are when Hendo plays them (according to many)......F**k me a few even had him to blame for Alisson’s dribbling F**k up at the King Power.

We’ll sort out Bournemouth then the world will look different.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #927: Feb 05, 2019 08:05:47 am
      If you think it's gone from 5 points to 3, you can. I see it as increasing from 2 points before ko to 3 atm. Therefore the lead has increased.
      Yes and we're playing terrible from. Start of the tear and feeling pressure in Feb what be like in May. Don't improve 100% city will easily win the league. There favourites again. The fact we only won a league cup in 13 years is putting extra pressure on the club to win silverware. Definitely will not happen unless we are playing at top of our form till end of the season
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #928: Feb 05, 2019 08:08:53 am
      Your living in a dream world if you think we're going to turn it all round against Bournemouth. First of all if we pay like we been bournemouth will turn us over just 2 wins in 2019 and playing crap. Firmino and a few need a good kick up the arse to waken them up

Oh - and this isn’t aimed at you incidentally - but isn’t it funny how “costly” those passes back to cbs are when Hendo plays them (according to many)......f**k me a few even had him to blame for Alisson’s dribbling f**k up at the King Power.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #929: Feb 05, 2019 08:11:54 am

Fancy tidying that up fella since the stuff at the top is yours and not mine?

We will beat Bournemouth.

German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #930: Feb 05, 2019 08:19:32 am
      1. This is all on injuries and nobody is to blame. You cannot expect the same level of performance with all these vital guys out: Gomez, Lovren, TAA, Gini, Ox and Hendo. JĂźrgen did the best with what he has.

2. Worrying for Daniel that Origi got his chance in front of him or was he injured?

3. Clyne's loan decision was based on decency. The guy is a good international player and had to swallow to be behind a 20y. old, at some point you gotta give him something back, also to set a sign for other players. You know how the saying goes: how you treat them, they treat you.

4. One thing is clear: a successful side needs to adress the depth issue. You can see that in today's football it's not so much who can feature the best 11, but who has the best 15 overall. Depth wins championships.

5. On a positive note: We are still up 3 points and it was always a given that a dry spell will occur. It also means we'll stay in striking distance for a while. If City did lead us by 2 it could be over soon, but as it is we are competitive for the next weeks and a lot can change in that time window.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #931: Feb 05, 2019 08:21:53 am
      I love the lad - he’s a smashing player - but last night it was him who frustrated me more than the other two. We needed a higher tempo and everything he touched seemed to me to go wrong side and let them get their shape back.

Oh - and this isn’t aimed at you incidentally - but isn’t it funny how “costly” those passes back to cbs are when Hendo plays them (according to many)......f**k me a few even had him to blame for Alisson’s dribbling f**k up at the King Power.

Biggest issue for me last night was Firmino any time we built up a bit of momentum he turned over the ball.

Which incidentally meant a counter attack.

I personally thought Fab was fine. We only had one decent outlet last night in Robbo with Milner showing his age trying to get up and down the flank.
      Salah also like Firmino was so careless with the ball.
      We managed to get the ball consistently up to the front 3 maybe a bit slower than usual bu apart from Mane the other two looked completely off the boil.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #932: Feb 05, 2019 08:24:56 am
      Our lightning counter attacks that put the fear into teams is non existent at the moment.

When we get the chance to break the midfield move it too slowly.

We have to sort this out soon or we will face more games like this one.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #933: Feb 05, 2019 08:36:21 am
      We didn't lose.

Still top with three points ahead.

Reasons To Be Cheerful.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #934: Feb 05, 2019 08:39:18 am
      Biggest issue for me last night was Firmino any time we built up a bit of momentum he turned over the ball.

Which incidentally meant a counter attack.

I personally thought Fab was fine. We only had one decent outlet last night in Robbo with Milner showing his age trying to get up and down the flank.
      Salah also like Firmino was so careless with the ball.
      We managed to get the ball consistently up to the front 3 maybe a bit slower than usual bu apart from Mane the other two looked completely off the boil.

Bobby was poor - agreed.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #935: Feb 05, 2019 08:39:47 am
      Voice of reason.  But we are short of squad quality, and that is likely to derail our ambitions.  When's Trent back?  What a difference that would make.

Don't get me wrong, agree we were poor on the night and the form of some players and injuries are a concern.
      REALLY could be doing with 3 points against Bournemouth...
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #936: Feb 05, 2019 08:39:58 am
      We didn't lose.

Still top with three points ahead.

Reasons To Be Cheerful.

Yes were top but come Saturday we wont be.

There are clear issues at the moment which have to be addressed, we have to start winning immediately and gain some confidence.

Our attack has to start functioning.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #937: Feb 05, 2019 08:45:55 am
      Read comments from Zklopp below for a bit of perspective

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool/liverpool-boss-JĂźrgen-klopp-sends-bullish-message-to-title-rivals-despite-frustrating-slip-a4057441.html

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #938: Feb 05, 2019 08:47:16 am
      When do they present City with the trophy ? Wednesday is it ?
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #939: Feb 05, 2019 08:55:11 am
      HOW sick and sad it is that Everton supporters in February say they all be supporting City tomorrow night and United fans saying the same thing when city visit old Trafford. Unbelievable. True fans?? 🙄
      [
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #940: Feb 05, 2019 09:06:57 am
      So much for warm weather training trips to Dubai.
      Half of them have the shits and most of them are playing like they've still got their flip flops on  >:(

Not quick enough on the counter these last two games.
      It takes us 15 passes to get up to the halfway line these days.

Teams like West Ham and Leicester put 5 in midfield and just suffocate our front 3, the amount of times I'm seeing Firmino, Mane and Salah retreating back to the halfway line to pick the ball up troubles me.

Milner is NOT a right back !!

Not in a good mood today folks !! :f_steam:

barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #941: Feb 05, 2019 09:16:42 am
      Fancy tidying that up fella since the stuff at the top is yours and not mine?

We will beat Bournemouth.
      Play like we have recently then no chance.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #942: Feb 05, 2019 09:17:22 am
      Not the best performance but still another point on the board towards the title. Maybe people will understand how Hendo provides tempo to the team and how much work Gini does he is like a one man wrecking ball in the middle of the park.
      Everytime I see Naby go off on a run you just know he will lose it and leave us exposed and he did it time after time I kept seeing Robbo having to turn and race back as we had no cover at left back.
      A few niggles to think about but if we can get to 30 games still in the hunt either just in front or just behind will do for me. Let us not forget we are competing against the best football team ever in the EPL .

Quick Reply