Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v West Ham?

Alisson
      1 (1.2%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.2%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      4 (4.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      12 (14.3%)
       Fabinho
      7 (8.3%)
      Naby Keïta
      12 (14.3%)
      Adam Lallana
      7 (8.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      36 (42.9%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.2%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      3 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Voting closed: Feb 08, 2019 09:50:46 pm

West Ham United 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 37871 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Live: West Ham v Liverpool
      Reply #23: Feb 04, 2019 07:10:51 pm
      Would be good if Lovren proved himself to be reliable from time to time. Crying out for defensive reassurances and he's still going down with niggling injuries or 'illness'. Annoying.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #24: Feb 04, 2019 07:14:31 pm
      Would be good if Lovren proved himself to be reliable from time to time. Crying out for defensive reassurances and he's still going down with niggling injuries or 'illness'. Annoying.

Pulled a hammy didn't he?

Bad team for West ham. Still the obvious problems for us at RB and long term Matip isn't up to it either.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #25: Feb 04, 2019 07:14:45 pm
      Sorry the Keita ones will be them to it

Not even close especially with no Hendo
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #26: Feb 04, 2019 07:15:27 pm
      Gutted Gini missing, i think he'll be missed the most,  he gives his all every time , anyhoo, thats enough of the negative sh*t,
      When you sit back and think about it, the team is pretty f***in good, might be a bit soft in the middle but we got enough to deal with them, irrespective of them being light with injuries,

Naby given another go so hopefully he gives a decent 7/10 performance and build a bit of confidence,  a tad concerned with Matip also and with the news regarding Gomez, the quicker Dejan is back the better ??, did i really say that ?

Any f***in hoo, we're still gonna hammer the Hammers,

0-2 Champions Elect

YNWA
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #27: Feb 04, 2019 07:16:28 pm
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #28: Feb 04, 2019 07:16:29 pm
      Love the line up technically our best midfield but they have never played together before.

F**k it just unleash Lallana and Keita to press the f**k out of the Hammers.
      Harrisimo

• 7,967 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29: Feb 04, 2019 07:16:35 pm
      Sorry the Keita ones will be them to it

But this is a crucial game. I've backed the lad but he has to step up to the plate.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #30: Feb 04, 2019 07:17:26 pm
      I'd have been tempted to play Camacho RB to sure up that midfield. The knock on effect the RB situation has had on the midfield cannot be over stated. Rather see Milner there than one of Keita or Lallana. Looks a bit soft for an away game.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #31: Feb 04, 2019 07:20:02 pm
      Love the line up technically our best midfield but they have never played together before.

F**k it just unleash Lallana and Keita to press the f**k out of the Hammers.

No sure about that. Keita technically inferior to Gini in my view, who is in the words of the previous manager a 'real tachnician'.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #32: Feb 04, 2019 07:20:43 pm
      I'd have been tempted to play Camacho RB to sure up that midfield. The knock on effect the RB situation has had on the midfield cannot be over stated. Rather see Milner there than one of Keita or Lallana. Looks a bit soft for an away game.

I entirely agree and don't understand why Jürgen isn't doing that. If not at an injury ravaged, inconsistent West Ham, then when?
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #33: Feb 04, 2019 07:21:27 pm
      Im getting a bit annoyed. In the midst of a title race and players are missing games with a 'slight muscle issue' and a 'sore knee'

I know these lads are highly tuned athletes for ffs ....

Im probably just stuck in the 80s when players did not want to give up their place. Time to get with the modern times.

Injuries biting as hard as the cold now. Desperately need these points tonight.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #34: Feb 04, 2019 07:23:25 pm

Agreed actually. Milly in midfield would be a much better option than Lallana. Think Camacho could have filled in quite well, he’s around the age Trent was when he got regular games, this could have been a good opportunity for him.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #35: Feb 04, 2019 07:24:22 pm
      City have had injuries to players; De Bruyne, Aguero, Mendy.

Now we have to cope with ours. I'd take a 0-4 now.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #36: Feb 04, 2019 07:25:19 pm
      No sure about that. Keita technically inferior to Gini in my view, who is in the words of the previous manager a 'real tachnician'.

Yeah ok  :roll:
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #37: Feb 04, 2019 07:27:51 pm
      Team is what it is all things have to be dealt with cmon you red men three points please .
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #38: Feb 04, 2019 07:28:01 pm
      Im getting a bit annoyed. In the midst of a title race and players are missing games with a 'slight muscle issue' and a 'sore knee'

I know these lads are highly tuned athletes for ffs ....

Im probably just stuck in the 80s when players did not want to give up their place. Time to get with the modern times.

Injuries biting as hard as the cold now. Desperately need these points tonight.

Bulk of players aren’t like they used to be. Look at Gerrard in the season we finished 2nd with BR, he was literally playing through pain near enough every game, loading himself up with injections and doing everything in his power to play. As much as Hendo has improved of late, I dont think a sore knee would have come even close to keeping our last skipper from playing at a time like this.
      Klopp made a reference to some players needing to essentially man up a bit where it comes to knocks, couple of years ago I think. Maybe he needs to bring that speech out again because it seems the slightest knock is keeping the same players out time and again - Hendo, Lovren and Lallana largely. Look at Trent playing through the 90mins vs Brighton with an injury.
      Some players you know will battle through the pain barrier but some you know won’t even attempt it.
      Harrisimo

• 7,967 posts | 1355 
      Reply #39: Feb 04, 2019 07:29:12 pm

Klopp is not going to expose the lad in a game like this. He has a big future but Klopp knows how to develop him. He'll get opportunities.
      Harrisimo

• 7,967 posts | 1355 
      Reply #40: Feb 04, 2019 07:32:14 pm
      Bulk of players aren’t like they used to be. Look at Gerrard in the season we finished 2nd with BR, he was literally playing through pain near enough every game, loading himself up with injections and doing everything in his power to play. As much as Hendo has improved of late, I dont think a sore knee would have come even close to keeping our last skipper from playing at a time like this.
      Klopp made a reference to some players needing to essentially man up a bit where it comes to knocks, couple of years ago I think. Maybe he needs to bring that speech out again because it seems the slightest knock is keeping the same players out time and again - Hendo, Lovren and Lallana largely. Look at Trent playing through the 90mins vs Brighton with an injury.
      Some players you know will battle through the pain barrier but some you know won’t even attempt it.

Bit of an allegation there. Do you think pressure is getting to them and they are picking up "knocks"....
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #41: Feb 04, 2019 07:33:54 pm
      City have had injuries to players; De Bruyne, Aguero, Mendy.

Now we have to cope with ours. I'd take a 0-4 now.

City have better squad options.
      Hopefully losing Wijnaldum doesn't make it wide open in midfield, but glad to see Fabinho in there.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #42: Feb 04, 2019 07:35:20 pm
      Chickens coming home to roost. Enjoy guys, off to find those nails
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #43: Feb 04, 2019 07:36:45 pm
      I'm confident that we will see a hungry Reds and they need to be like that to be honest.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #44: Feb 04, 2019 07:37:29 pm
      Given all the headlines.. probably the pressure got to Henderson, Wini, Lovren.. was the reason why we struggled in the snow at Anfield.. and probably will be the reason if we don't win tonight.  :roll:

Going to be a tough game this. 3 points will be huge.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #45: Feb 04, 2019 07:39:24 pm
      Anderson v Milner is probably something they will look to exploit, let’s hope Jimmy gets plenty of support.

Otherwise that midfield of West Ham we really ought to be giving them the run around.

Quick Reply