Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v West Ham?

Alisson
      1 (1.2%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.2%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      4 (4.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      12 (14.3%)
       Fabinho
      7 (8.3%)
      Naby Keïta
      12 (14.3%)
      Adam Lallana
      7 (8.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      36 (42.9%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.2%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      3 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Voting closed: Feb 08, 2019 09:50:46 pm

West Ham United 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 37878 times
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Re: Live: West Ham v Liverpool
      Reply #46: Feb 04, 2019 07:39:31 pm
      I sense a lack of control in midfield without Gini. Prove everyone wrong tonight Keita, please.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #47: Feb 04, 2019 07:39:35 pm
      Bit of an allegation there. Do you think pressure is getting to them and they are picking up "knocks"....

It’s not an allegation and I don’t think it’s down to pressure, I think having a manager like Klopp actually takes so much pressure away from the team because of how he handles situations, interviews etc.
      It’s more a noticing of how any slight knock, the same players are missing on a regular basis. I think for as good as our management is, our coaching staff are and our scouts are etc, our medical department is shocking, how can they get to so long after Gomez initially fracturing his leg before they realise surgery is what he needs?! I’m guessing it’s the medical department of the club that are ruling these players out of games with any slight knock. But then at the same time, you get some players who will insist they are ok to play and others who just accept it and put their feet up for a game.

Are people seriously suggesting that players are pulling out of these little knocks because of pressure ?!?

I’m not, hopefully you haven’t gotten that impression from what I initially said.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #48: Feb 04, 2019 07:39:36 pm
      Good luck to Lallana, must be his first start in a while. Thought he looked OK when on as a sub, chance for him to show more now.
      Lot of responsibility on Fab, with Lallana not having much time under his belt, and Naby not fully firing recently.
      Need the front three to do their stuff, work hard and close guys down - should also have a bit more space to work in than if this had been at Anfield.
      Can see us getting goals. Looking forward to it ...
      CMON BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #49: Feb 04, 2019 07:39:56 pm
      Are people seriously suggesting that players are pulling out of these little knocks because of pressure ?!?

Klopps statement about playing with pain etc was aimed at Sturridge

We are coming into a key period of the season now - he won’t risk players that aren’t 100% fit
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #50: Feb 04, 2019 07:41:30 pm
      I think having Keita and Fabinho behind, Lallana will be forced to be more positive/creative. Very interesting to see how this will work out!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #51: Feb 04, 2019 07:41:51 pm

Klopps statement about playing with pain etc was aimed at Sturridge

We are coming into a key period of the season now - he won’t risk players that aren’t 100% fit

What F***ing idiots are suggesting that?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #52: Feb 04, 2019 07:42:30 pm
      We cannot afford Keita and Lallana to be passengers here, best performance of the season needed from Keita at a minimum and Lallana needs to find the form of 2 years ago which will be hard coming off a long layoff.

Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #53: Feb 04, 2019 07:42:55 pm
      Given all the headlines.. probably the pressure got to Henderson, Wini, Lovren.. was the reason why we struggled in the snow at Anfield.. and probably will be the reason if we don't win tonight.  :roll:

Going to be a tough game this. 3 points will be huge.

If your saying they haven't got the bottle...then say so. I think the injuries are genuine. Because if there's even a slight element of truth in what you say then we have serious problems.

I think this line you have spun is OOT. Players get injured more in slippery surfaces. 7-10 day knocks, the snowy slippery surface was to blame...either that or they have a dose..
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #54: Feb 04, 2019 07:43:51 pm
      I'd have been tempted to play Camacho RB to sure up that midfield. The knock on effect the RB situation has had on the midfield cannot be over stated.

Got a lot of sympathy for that point of view.  Can definitely see the logic in it.

Fingers crossed it all works out for tonight.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #55: Feb 04, 2019 07:44:46 pm
      A lot of people been writing Lallana off this season, but if he's fit he can still be a very good player for us. Could really do with Kieta stepping up in this game. Pressure on them both, but I actually think fundamentally that is a good midfield - just about fitness and form for those 2, but they are good players.

Fancy us to win. Let's see us really hit them hard with the gegenpress from the off. COYR.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #56: Feb 04, 2019 07:45:49 pm
      We cannot afford Keita and Lallana to be passengers here, best performance of the season needed from Keita at a minimum and Lallana needs to find the form of 2 years ago which will be hard coming off a long layoff.

Bench is a bit thin too, so yeah, need them to stump up and hopefully they will
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #57: Feb 04, 2019 07:46:11 pm
      Bulk of players aren’t like they used to be. Look at Gerrard in the season we finished 2nd with BR, he was literally playing through pain near enough every game, loading himself up with injections and doing everything in his power to play. As much as Hendo has improved of late, I dont think a sore knee would have come even close to keeping our last skipper from playing at a time like this.
      Klopp made a reference to some players needing to essentially man up a bit where it comes to knocks, couple of years ago I think. Maybe he needs to bring that speech out again because it seems the slightest knock is keeping the same players out time and again - Hendo, Lovren and Lallana largely. Look at Trent playing through the 90mins vs Brighton with an injury.
      Some players you know will battle through the pain barrier but some you know won’t even attempt it.

Yes Trent played through 90 mins of pain but as a result we lost him for 4 important games.
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,244 posts | 229 
      Reply #58: Feb 04, 2019 07:46:40 pm
      since dubai all injures and illness come up...
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #59: Feb 04, 2019 07:47:18 pm
      Mane could be our match winner. I like the lad, he gives everything, doesn't hide, got a strong shot left or right. 1-3 Mane 2 and Salah with the goals.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #60: Feb 04, 2019 07:47:55 pm
      Interesting midfield, could be quite good, but a bit nervous about Keita and Lallana together but it might just work.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #61: Feb 04, 2019 07:49:18 pm
      since dubai all injures and illness come up...

Shudda sent them running up the dunes in Southport..
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #62: Feb 04, 2019 07:49:23 pm
      Fully expecting a reaction to Wednesday night's debacle.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #63: Feb 04, 2019 07:49:24 pm
      Anderson v Milner is probably something they will look to exploit, let’s hope Jimmy gets plenty of support.

Otherwise that midfield of West Ham we really ought to be giving them the run around.

Fabinho is going to have to dig Milner out on that side.
      Anderson is quality.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #64: Feb 04, 2019 07:50:46 pm
      Pretty sh*t suit Ashley Cole is wearing..

Anyways.. 3-0 to the redmen.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #65: Feb 04, 2019 07:51:19 pm
      I'd have been tempted to play Camacho RB to sure up that midfield. The knock on effect the RB situation has had on the midfield cannot be over stated. Rather see Milner there than one of Keita or Lallana. Looks a bit soft for an away game.

Not for me. Camacho looked way too inexperienced in the Wolves game. Milner lacks pace, but he is a way safer option than Camacho. The midfield is a bit short of form, but still good players. Right decision to go with that lineup, given the injuries.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #66: Feb 04, 2019 07:51:22 pm
      Games like this are how League titles are won. We have to win our games simple as that and tonight is a good game for us on a big pitch against a team who lie to play football.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #67: Feb 04, 2019 07:52:17 pm
      Fabinho is going to have to dig Milner out on that side.
      Anderson is quality.

Maybe fabinho will be RB?
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #68: Feb 04, 2019 07:52:35 pm
      I'm so nervous. Liverpool isn't good for my health.
      come on you reds. Make us proud.

Quick Reply