Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v West Ham?

Alisson
      1 (1.2%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.2%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      4 (4.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      12 (14.3%)
       Fabinho
      7 (8.3%)
      Naby Keïta
      12 (14.3%)
      Adam Lallana
      7 (8.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      36 (42.9%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.2%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      3 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Voting closed: Feb 08, 2019 09:50:46 pm

West Ham United 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 37860 times
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 362 posts | 82 
      Re: West Ham United 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #966: Feb 05, 2019 10:23:51 am

Oi, why do you keep quoting other people and insert your own reply there? Its getting confusing AF. Just use the reply button on the botton to reply to new posts if you do not intend to reply to specific posts.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #967: Feb 05, 2019 10:26:16 am
      I'm not kicking off, last night I literally just had fun at the expense of people's exasperations and excuses to panic - from "the problem was Dubai" to "ALL our issues stems from letting Clyne go" and this morning even being sh*t scared of Bournemouth. Now I've added some perspective for those who want to compare this situation to previous ones in order to validate their terrible fear of failure. I haven't even read your post in particular but I'm glad to see that despite the panic you still have such a high self esteem that you think my post was about you.

Oh I've been called worse. I'll get over it.

Yeah sure, go ahead, take offence for that, why not? I also used examples from St Helens and Melbourne. Just to show how the panic is widespread and people from all over are acting like tortured self-pitying idiots.

And perhaps you should read my post again because it's precisely the constant mentions of history that I'm arguing against. Because they're constantly being brought up in order to validate people's fears and as an excuse to overreact to even a trip to Dubai no one can possibly have any inside information about. But whatever, enjoy your time off.

Just to be clear are you saying that selling Clyne was not a mistake and that the trip to Dubai improved team performance? If not then why criticise people who do say it??

FFS If people are not allowed ot be disappointed after 2 very dispiriting draws and 4 dropped points then when are we allowed to be disappointed?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #968: Feb 05, 2019 10:31:13 am
      Hope you are right and this was our blip because we simply can't drop more points now against Bournemouth, that is a MUST WIN game, lose that one and I think the team will implode.

Agree that it’s a big game. 

2 in a row we’re agreeing Heimy.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #969: Feb 05, 2019 10:31:48 am
      1. This is all on injuries and nobody is to blame. You cannot expect the same level of performance with all these vital guys out: Gomez, Lovren, TAA, Gini, Ox and Hendo. Jürgen did the best with what he has.

2. Worrying for Daniel that Origi got his chance in front of him or was he injured?

3. Clyne's loan decision was based on decency. The guy is a good international player and had to swallow to be behind a 20y. old, at some point you gotta give him something back, also to set a sign for other players. You know how the saying goes: how you treat them, they treat you.

4. One thing is clear: a successful side needs to adress the depth issue. You can see that in today's football it's not so much who can feature the best 11, but who has the best 15 overall. Depth wins championships.

5. On a positive note: We are still up 3 points and it was always a given that a dry spell will occur. It also means we'll stay in striking distance for a while. If City did lead us by 2 it could be over soon, but as it is we are competitive for the next weeks and a lot can change in that time window.

Top post this. What have you done with the real Panzer!? Seriously measured posting is that
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #970: Feb 05, 2019 10:32:12 am

You should learn how to quote

Anyway, having better goal difference means nothing. In the last 4 seasons of the Premier League, teams with worse GD than their competitors have won the league in 3. Again, try getting a bit of perspective when coming up with that kind of crap

We were not much better than United, we lead for about 4 rounds and never got closer than 4 points from January onwards

The Palace game you mention in 2014 wouldn't have made a difference even if we won. But whatever
      [/quote
      We were much better than United much better goal difference and united only won cos every game they got all the decisions and winning goals in fergie time that he refereed himself
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #971: Feb 05, 2019 10:40:18 am
      Just to be clear are you saying that selling Clyne was not a mistake and that the trip to Dubai improved team performance? If not then why criticise people who do say it??

FFS If people are not allowed ot be disappointed after 2 very dispiriting draws and 4 dropped points then when are we allowed to be disappointed?

I'm disappointed myself, it's the defeatism I'm arguing against. And the making up of conspiracy theories doesn't help either.

How could I possibly know if the trip to Dubai improved team performance? We're having an injury crisis and, let's say, without the training period we might as well have lost both games. Truth is, nobody from the outside can say anything one way or the other, so why bother. Correlation isn't causation; it's not because we came back from Dubai with two draws that the cause was Dubai - I really never thought I'd have to explain that. There are many other factors at play.

As for Clyne, I wouldn't have loaned him out myself, but that's because I rate Clyne as a very good right back - if I recall correctly, I was very much in the minority all the time for thinking that. Which makes it funnier to see how it's suddenly become all about him. That you might disagree with the decision, fair enough; but to say that ALL our problems stems from letting Clyne go, as someone did, now please give me a break.

I'm also disappointed with those results myself, but you see, I'm not desperate nor playing the tortured soul who's suffered too long nor bigging up Bournemouth in the next match thread when they've just lost to a horrible Cardiff City side on the weekend.

We all have our coping mechanisms, but excuse me if I find some of them idiotic  :confused-smiley-013: feel free to feel the same way about mine  ;D
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #972: Feb 05, 2019 10:53:17 am
      You say all our problems stem from letting Clyne go. I can’t quite see how our forwards and lack of goals at the moment is anything to do with him going. He has 1 goals and 2 assists in 4 years and we didn’t struggle for goals last season when he didn’t play at all apart from the odd minute.

F**k me, read the post. I provided the reasoning in it. It's not as simple as selling Clyne was a mistake, selling Clyne has had a knock on effect which I put in the post.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #973: Feb 05, 2019 11:02:44 am
      My god looking on social media there is sum bitterness towards liverpool its hatred even. Pellegrini saying before kick off how he love to win for city then saying after how klopp is used to winning by offside goals show what a classless bitter old wrinkly tw*t he is. Got shafted by city fu**ed off to China for a fortune now at West ham for another fortune thrown at him.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #974: Feb 05, 2019 11:06:42 am
      My god looking on social media there is sum bitterness towards liverpool its hatred even. Pellegrini saying before kick off how he love to win for city then saying after how klopp is used to winning by offside goals show what a classless bitter old wrinkly tw*t he is. Got shafted by city fu**ed off to China for a fortune now at West ham for another fortune thrown at him.

Saw Jürgen and the old wrinkly tw*t having heated words after the game, would love to know what went on.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #975: Feb 05, 2019 11:08:06 am
      Every Everton fan on social media saying they be supporting City tomorrow on about lpool cheating this and that. No word from.them last week on keita foul or fact keita was pulled back for Antonio goal. Imagine looking your own team to lose in Feb. Bitter tw*ts of highest order. Everton won't raise a leg tomorrow. But when we play them they moan about everything.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #976: Feb 05, 2019 11:19:18 am
      F**k me, read the post. I provided the reasoning in it. It's not as simple as selling Clyne was a mistake, selling Clyne has had a knock on effect which I put in the post.

Calm down.
      Well you ignored the rest of my post which is saying why I don’t agree with your assessment that Clyne is what has led to all these problems.

The guy was irrelevant to the team for the best part of 2 years, when he wasn’t injured he was way behind two youngsters. I think that says it all about him and what he had to offer the club.

If you think it's gone from 5 points to 3, you can. I see it as increasing from 2 points before ko to 3 atm. Therefore the lead has increased.

I think most of us would have taken a 3 point lead at this point of the season. It's a year since we were losing at Swansea, couldn't hold an injury time lead against Spurs, and wondering if we were even going to finish top 4. Now there's forensic inquests instead into why we're not 5 points clear anymore.

I don’t need to think it’s gone from 5 points to 3, it’s literally a fact that is as true as death and taxes.
      I really don’t understand how you can think we’ve extended the lead just because we played our game after them. After the same amount of games played, they have gone from 5 points behind to 3 points behind and just because we played our game on a different day doesn’t change that, whichever way you try and look at it. If we extended the lead then we would be more than 5 ahead of them now.

Bollocks, I don’t agree with that for a second. People saying we would have taken being 3 points ahead of them at this stage if it was offered to us is a little bit of hiding in the sand way of looking at it IMO. At the start of the season yes, but since then things have changed. I love that we are ahead of them by 3 points still, but it doesn’t hide the fact we had the chance to stay 7 ahead of them or increase it to 10 when we played them and had the chance to increase the lead to 7 a few days ago and had the chance to maintain a 5 point gap yesterday. 3 points ahead is great but people need to stop pretending that’s amazing because they would have taken it if offered, especially when we’ve literally thrown away 4 points in 2 games. What happens if we end up a point ahead soon, will people then say they’d have taken that? Yes at the start of the season if that was offered of course we all would, but you can’t get away from the fact that there was a 7 point gap offered to us and we didn’t take it.

Every Everton fan on social media saying they be supporting City tomorrow on about lpool cheating this and that. No word from.them last week on keita foul or fact keita was pulled back for Antonio goal. Imagine looking your own team to lose in Feb. Bitter tw*ts of highest order. Everton won't raise a leg tomorrow. But when we play them they moan about everything.

It’s funny because it’s like they think the pasting they are going to get is optional. The fact they want to lose to spite us says it all about them.
      « Last Edit: Feb 05, 2019 11:32:21 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #977: Feb 05, 2019 12:03:58 pm

As ever negativity is all they have to juggle.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #978: Feb 05, 2019 12:06:51 pm

I wonder though, the fans might want their team to lose, just to F**k with us, but the team and manager are under a bit of pressure recently so I actually think it might be quite a closely thought game. Everton are capable of playing much better than they have been recently and have a pretty decent team so lets hope they turn up tomorrow and ignore their own fans. I have a feeling they might take some points off citeh.
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 362 posts | 82 
      Reply #979: Feb 05, 2019 12:15:43 pm
      I wonder though, the fans might want their team to lose, just to f**k with us, but the team and manager are under a bit of pressure recently so I actually think it might be quite a closely thought game. Everton are capable of playing much better than they have been recently and have a pretty decent team so lets hope they turn up tomorrow and ignore their own fans. I have a feeling they might take some points off citeh.

I am almost 100% sure they will lose tomorrow. As for their fans, if they can help in us loosing ground in the title race by loosing the game, it will the next biggest thing for them apart from winning the PL themselves(Which they are not going to do for next 100 yrs at least). They will even have a DVD about it in the season end. Bunch of tw*ts and soft footballers.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #980: Feb 05, 2019 12:58:06 pm

Naby will get the blame for not going with Antonio but looking at the replays, it's clearly robertsons man who doesn't go with him and is ball watching. Naby is also blocked off by his man too so he couldn't have gone with Antonio anyway.

You an I rarely see things the same but I thought most of that was pretty fair.

On the goal though - with the zonal system it’s either both or Naby at fault I’m afraid.

Robbo can’t go all the way because it leaves a gap down the middle so he should have reacted then passed him onto Naby - who failed to react full stop.

For me it’s both - Robbo should have went to Naby and Naby into the path Antonio wants to take.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #981: Feb 05, 2019 01:04:03 pm
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #982: Feb 05, 2019 01:23:38 pm
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #983: Feb 05, 2019 01:29:30 pm
      It's simple really.

No team is going to go through a season and not drop points

It's not football manager or whatever the F**k it's called.

sh*t happens.
      We go again.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #984: Feb 05, 2019 01:31:39 pm
      Saw Jürgen and the old wrinkly tw*t having heated words after the game, would love to know what went on.

They've both got previous between them Stu , when Jürgen was at  Borussia and tw*t was at Malaga.   
      T**t believes that Jürgen got a couple of offside goals awarded.
      Think that was about six years ago in the CL ?  Resentful little man.

Pellegrini is also pissed off cos there was talk about him managing us after Benitez ...back then ...God Forbid.

Relax people.  Rock and Roll football is coming back.

As Rush said "We've had our blip" and our noses are still in front.
      « Last Edit: Feb 05, 2019 01:39:11 pm by MIRO »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #985: Feb 05, 2019 01:32:11 pm
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #986: Feb 05, 2019 01:52:52 pm
      I'm just gonna say that alot of knee jerking here is because that the draw stung.
      anyway we are in a good position, we can still do this and we have the easier fixture list going in.
      Coyr.

Btw I'm not pointing fingers at anybody, since I had few awful posts about us lacking a 10 but in the end of the day. The reds have done us proud this season, and we are still in the race.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #987: Feb 05, 2019 02:06:39 pm

I apologise. I'm not well and snapped at you. Sorry for that.

The entire point I made in my post was not that selling Clyne was a problem in and of itself, but that selling Clyne has lead to a problem at Right Back which is being solved by moving Midfielders there, but in doing so is creating more problems. It doesn't matter if he hadn't played for ten years, if we had him we wouldn't be moving a midfielder there and our midfield wouldn't be suffering as a result. If we had not sold him we could have played Milner in midfield the last two games and used Keita as an impact sub. If you read my post, you'd know I also went on to say that the same problem could be overcome by playing Camacho who if good enough to be on the bench, is good enough to fill in for two or three games.

The four points dropped in the last two games have come from a dysfunctional midfield. All season our midfield has facilitated the front three/four in getting goals, and protected the back four from conceding them. All of a sudden the midfield balance has been disrupted and the two other areas of the team are suffering as a result. No matter how you look at it, selling him without replacing him was a mistake, a mistake we're now paying for.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #988: Feb 05, 2019 02:07:03 pm
      I don't see no sh*t in this result. This draw is really not a problem. Every team has completed 25 games and we're leading with 3 points ahead. What's the problem?

The only problem is us. Our anxiety to put points into the bag and wrap this up. 3 F***ing points. It's not even level neck and neck on points.

Apparently some of us have enxiety problem and need reminding that we're still ahead.

Quick Reply