Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v West Ham?

Alisson
      1 (1.2%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.2%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      4 (4.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      12 (14.3%)
       Fabinho
      7 (8.3%)
      Naby KeĆÆta
      12 (14.3%)
      Adam Lallana
      7 (8.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      36 (42.9%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.2%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      3 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Voting closed: Feb 08, 2019 09:50:46 pm

West Ham United 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 37905 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: West Ham United 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #989: Feb 05, 2019 02:28:54 pm
      Itā€™s surprising that Pellegrini seems to love City so much seeing as they treated him like dirt.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #990: Feb 05, 2019 02:30:49 pm
      Well city be top by weekend so we must get 3 points home to Bournemouth. If we don't were winning no league. We been rubbish from start of 2019. Time to get the finger out practice hard bit of  long distance shooting training wouldn't go a miss. Anyway sat to be a horrible day weather wise strong winds. Hopefully play with a bit more freedom like its the first gameof the season and we're starting all over again. No point tensing up in Feb. Good luck reds. Hope gini and hendo and trent are back. There needed
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #991: Feb 05, 2019 02:32:54 pm
      I don't see no sh*t in this result. This draw is really not a problem. Every team has completed 25 games and we're leading with 3 points ahead. What's the problem?

The only problem is us. Our anxiety to put points into the bag and wrap this up. 3 f**king points. It's not even level neck and neck on points.

Apparently some of us have enxiety problem and need reminding that we're still ahead.

What a great, level headed post. Especially the middle paragraph.

Would plus 10 that if I could 👍
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #992: Feb 05, 2019 02:49:24 pm
      I don't see no sh*t in this result. This draw is really not a problem. Every team has completed 25 games and we're leading with 3 points ahead. What's the problem?

The only problem is us. Our anxiety to put points into the bag and wrap this up. 3 f**king points. It's not even level neck and neck on points.

Apparently some of us have enxiety problem and need reminding that we're still ahead.

Could you please stop talking sense.

Top post..
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #993: Feb 05, 2019 02:56:53 pm
      I apologise. I'm not well and snapped at you. Sorry for that.

The entire point I made in my post was not that selling Clyne was a problem in and of itself, but that selling Clyne has lead to a problem at Right Back which is being solved by moving Midfielders there, but in doing so is creating more problems. It doesn't matter if he hadn't played for ten years, if we had him we wouldn't be moving a midfielder there and our midfield wouldn't be suffering as a result. If we had not sold him we could have played Milner in midfield the last two games and used Keita as an impact sub.

Basically we had some Asdas own butter in the fridge and threw it out and now we're using olive spread waiting for the Lurpak to atrive.

It's just not the same.

barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #994: Feb 05, 2019 03:01:48 pm
      So we have a Manc ref in charge of our game on Saturday v bournemouth. Couldn't make it up
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #995: Feb 05, 2019 03:02:54 pm
      Itā€™s surprising that Pellegrini seems to love City so much seeing as they treated him like dirt.

Once a tw*t etc etc.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #996: Feb 05, 2019 03:08:40 pm
      Quote from barney73
      We have it in our hands just about but way we're playing I can't see that lasting very long. Can only see city winning. I'm hoping for a miracle. We just have been awful lately and beset with injuries. What are we actually doing in training each day

Not working on set pieces clearly. We haven't played well since Christmas. Got away with it in 2 games, didn't in the rest and the training camp in the back of the beyond was a waste of time. Form/results/injuries, no benefits whatsoever.

In saying that, we're still top. What we need atm is what we had before Christmas, momentum. Rack up the games and wins every few days. Except we can't because we're out of the cups, so even if we win at the weekend, we then have another long break to endure in the back of beyond. Then we're straight into a rollercoaster 3 weeks, where goals will be scored and people will say things.

I don't expect Everton to hold out for 5 minutes tomorrow, let alone 95. They have nothing to play for, and have no desire to do us any favours. But we move on.

Quote from 7-King Kenny-7
      Yes at the start of the season if that was offered of course we all would, but you canā€™t get away from the fact that there was a 7 point gap offered to us and we didnā€™t take it.

We had a 7 point lead in 2002, and within 2 weeks it was gone. Even if we had it now, the league wouldn't be won yet, as we would be worrying about complacency.

If City were not playing tomorrow, we would be talking about going 6 points clear on Saturday. Instead the talk is about where we're going to be after tomorrow and the weekend.

We will have a game in hand, so if we win all our remaining games, we win the league. We probably won't, but City probably won't either. The run in starts for real after the international break.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #997: Feb 05, 2019 03:22:21 pm

Mate, we don't need a miracle, we are still 3 points ahead. Ok we are going through a bad patch but we all need to stay calm. Get our injured players back and go again.
      Reading some people on here you would think we were on a run of defeats and 10 points behind City, stay calm people we can still do this.
      It is OK say that "we all need to stay calm. Get our injured players back and go again." Lets say we get those players back full fit and raring to got in three games time, If we win the next game Bournemouth, we then face Man Utd draw, (possible lost) and Watford,trick one that. I can't see City losing there next three especially with pep getting the bit between his and City's teeth...Bournemouth will have three Liverpool ex's desperate to prove themselves (Ibe,Solanke and Clyne) and lets face it we are playing very poorly, and have vital injuries. We are tittering on the edge and are one one more injury away from a fu**ed season. Lose any of the front three, VD or Allison we're F**k royaly
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #998: Feb 05, 2019 03:23:02 pm
      I apologise. I'm not well and snapped at you. Sorry for that.

The entire point I made in my post was not that selling Clyne was a problem in and of itself, but that selling Clyne has lead to a problem at Right Back which is being solved by moving Midfielders there, but in doing so is creating more problems. It doesn't matter if he hadn't played for ten years, if we had him we wouldn't be moving a midfielder there and our midfield wouldn't be suffering as a result. If we had not sold him we could have played Milner in midfield the last two games and used Keita as an impact sub. If you read my post, you'd know I also went on to say that the same problem could be overcome by playing Camacho who if good enough to be on the bench, is good enough to fill in for two or three games.

The four points dropped in the last two games have come from a dysfunctional midfield. All season our midfield has facilitated the front three/four in getting goals, and protected the back four from conceding them. All of a sudden the midfield balance has been disrupted and the two other areas of the team are suffering as a result. No matter how you look at it, selling him without replacing him was a mistake, a mistake we're now paying for.

No problem, hope itā€™s nothing serious.

I did read your post though, thatā€™s why I said I agree with you about Camacho.

I think weā€™ll just have to agree to disagree regarding Clyne.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #999: Feb 05, 2019 03:25:50 pm
      It is OK say that "we all need to stay calm. Get our injured players back and go again." Lets say we get those players back full fit and raring to got in three games time, If we win the next game Bournemouth, we then face Man Utd draw, (possible lost) and Watford,trick one that. I can't see City losing there next three especially with pep getting the bit between his and City's teeth...Bournemouth will have three Liverpool ex's desperate to prove themselves (Ibe,Solanke and Clyne) and lets face it we are playing very poorly, and have vital injuries. We are tittering on the edge and are one one more injury away from a fu**ed season. Lose any of the front three, VD or Allison we're f**k royaly

Ibe rarely plays as it is, Solanke is half fit and Clyne is ineligible for the game, so they have no RB for the game either.
      Ultimately, if we donā€™t manage to beat Bournemouth then we deserve to be knocked off top spot. You canā€™t go 3 games without a win and expect to remain top.
      Letā€™s hope we put them away like the 4-0 last time out, a great performance is much needed.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1000: Feb 05, 2019 03:31:06 pm

Letā€™s hope we put them away like the 4-0 last time out, a great performance is much needed.
      It surely is
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #1001: Feb 05, 2019 03:38:46 pm
      They've both got previous between them Stu , when JĆ¼rgen was at  Borussia and tw*t was at Malaga.   
      T**t believes that JĆ¼rgen got a couple of offside goals awarded.
      Think that was about six years ago in the CL ?  Resentful little man.

Pellegrini is also pissed off cos there was talk about him managing us after Benitez ...back then ...God Forbid.

Relax people.  Rock and Roll football is coming back.

As Rush said "We've had our blip" and our noses are still in front.

Nailed on tw*t Skip.
      loadsamane
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #1002: Feb 05, 2019 04:25:56 pm
      Still in the box seat, although we did look a bit nervy last night.

I just hope we didn't overachieve in the first half of the season, and this is the start of a regression of the mean.

That said I'm confident we'll get out of this "blip" come the weekend at home to Bournemouth.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1003: Feb 05, 2019 04:48:59 pm
      It's simple really.

No team is going to go through a season and not drop points

It's not football manager or whatever the f**k it's called.

Sh*t happens.
      We go again.

shouldn't you be writing a page of bullshit to make the point not just a few sentences.
      When the team needs us we are supposed to get behind them and make them feel they are supported instead we get smart arses dissecting every single mistake.
      Yes we are not in our best moment however despite this we are top of the league 3 points ahead of the best ever Prem Team
      Time to support the manager and anyone in a Red Shirt
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1004: Feb 05, 2019 04:50:44 pm
      I guess if this is our ā€œblipā€, itā€™s better to have back to back draws than it is to have back to back defeats like City had. 2 points from 6 is better than 0 from 6.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #1005: Feb 05, 2019 05:03:42 pm
      Keep the faith people
      Ynwa
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1006: Feb 05, 2019 05:10:50 pm
      shouldn't you be writing a page of bullshit to make the point not just a few sentences.
      When the team needs us we are supposed to get behind them and make them feel they are supported instead we get smart arses dissecting every single mistake.
      Yes we are not in our best moment however despite this we are top of the league 3 points ahead of the best ever Prem Team

Pages and pages and pages mate....
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1007: Feb 05, 2019 05:20:24 pm
      Still in the box seat, although we did look a bit nervy last night.

I just hope we didn't overachieve in the first half of the season, and this is the start of a regression of the mean.

That said I'm confident we'll get out of this "blip" come the weekend at home to Bournemouth.
      I was confident before this latest round of injuries and last nights performance, or is that lack of... Had us down for a four nil in the predictor, now I am not to sure...

Keep wondering what if any difference having a fully fit back four would have meant last night. We seem so woeful in attack these days, mid field lack the guile,creativity and craft to unlock stubborn defense front three look so static no one except Keita seems willing to drive at defenders and when he does the players ahead of him are so narrow, and make no real attempt to drag defenders away affording him very little space to play through, compere our forward to any of the other top clubs and we do very little to help create space for one another...

I would also have liked to see Fab' and Milner swapped last night. Just feel Fab' would have offered more defensively and Milner been more productive playing midfield
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1008: Feb 05, 2019 05:42:01 pm

The problem here is with the exception of the Arsenal game we have been poor most of the season, luck has been with us in most of the matches and we have pick up points were we should have lost them, which is great, but the feeling has been there that things could at anytime take a turn for the worse and it seem to have done so now... Injuries, the form and  performances seeming to have dipped, the real lack of game changers on the bench, the failure to bring players in...

We need to address things fast

The last third of the season games start to really get harder against Clubs trying to avoid relegation as well as teams pushing for places in Europe. No only do we need a plan b in games , but also a plan c... We also need to start playing some of the youngster give them the opportunity to impress, Lallana and Sturrigde simple no longer cut it

Warn weather training in Dubai softened them up. Klopp should have made them train here, in the cold to toughen then up instead
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1009: Feb 05, 2019 05:51:10 pm
      The problem here is with the exception of the Arsenal game we have been poor most of the season, luck has been with us in most of the matches and we have pick up points were we should have lost them, which is great, but the feeling has been there that things could at anytime take a turn for the worse and it seem to have done so now... Injuries, the form and  performances seeming to have dipped, the real lack of game changers on the bench, the failure to bring players in...

We need to address things fast

The last third of the season games start to really get harder against Clubs trying to avoid relegation as well as teams pushing for places in Europe. No only do we need a plan b in games , but also a plan c... We also need to start playing some of the youngster give them the opportunity to impress, Lallana and Sturrigde simple no longer cut it

Warn weather training in Dubai softened them up. Klopp should have made them train here, in the cold to toughen then up instead

You can have luck in a couple of games but you can't put down our league position down solely to luck.what youngsters ?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1010: Feb 05, 2019 06:05:17 pm
      I was confident before this latest round of injuries and last nights performance, or is that lack of... Had us down for a four nil in the predictor, now I am not to sure...

Keep wondering what if any difference having a fully fit back four would have meant last night. We seem so woeful in attack these days, mid field lack the guile,creativity and craft to unlock stubborn defense front three look so static no one except Keita seems willing to drive at defenders and when he does the players ahead of him are so narrow, and make no real attempt to drag defenders away affording him very little space to play through, compere our forward to any of the other top clubs and we do very little to help create space for one another...

I would also have liked to see Fab' and Milner swapped last night. Just feel Fab' would have offered more defensively and Milner been more productive playing midfield

It is a bit weird that Fabinho is good enough to play RB for Brasil but not us, perhaps Klopp thinks he gets more out of him as a #6.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1011: Feb 05, 2019 06:12:42 pm

I maybe should, but I find that when a point is a simple one and does not need disguising behind a wall of obfuscating text, succinct is best.

I'll leave the reams of bullshit to the bullshit merchants.

Empty vessels make most noise.
      « Last Edit: Feb 05, 2019 06:18:14 pm by Swab »

Quick Reply