Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Bayern [Champions League] Tue 19th Feb @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of February and on this date LFC's match record is P22 W14 D5 L3

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Bournemouth Sat 9th Feb 15:00KO

Read 2190 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,648 posts | 206 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Bournemouth Sat 9th Feb 15:00KO
      Reply #120: Feb 08, 2019 09:21:14 am
      What is wrong with Lovren at the moment, is it the same injury reoccurring or different ones?

Lost track mate either Ill or a niggle here a niggle there not sure you would want him in the trenches with you
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,781 posts | 1591 
      Reply #121: Feb 08, 2019 09:21:29 am
      Let's not forget they have a few dangers to our defence up front. David Brooks from my neck of the woods is out I believe but King and Wilson are good players. Usually I'd back us to deal with them but this is not our usual back line any more.

Trent being back will help a lot, so in that case its just Joe missing and Matip is ok'ish
      LondonRed83

• 8,146 posts | 892 
      Reply #122: Feb 08, 2019 09:27:23 am
      The clamour for Lovren being fit is laughable....half on here never want him to start anyway!

After watching Matip live at the London Stadium - I’ve unfortunately lost faith in him. Felt worried everytime he was on the ball
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,990 posts | 2163 
      Reply #123: Feb 08, 2019 09:32:29 am
      Let's not forget they have a few dangers to our defence up front. David Brooks from my neck of the woods is out I believe but King and Wilson are good players. Usually I'd back us to deal with them but this is not our usual back line any more.

Where you from mate?

He looks a proper player.
      PGlynn91
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,401 posts | 222 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #124: Feb 08, 2019 09:35:43 am
      Where you from mate?

Wilson is out also I believe?
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 22,147 posts | 2400 
      Reply #125: Feb 08, 2019 10:51:42 am
      Attention....

Trio..! Triiooo...! I wanna Trio & I want one now..

https://twitter.com/lfcsnapped/status/1093574144275427330?s=21
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,692 posts | 1053 
      Reply #126: Feb 08, 2019 11:30:12 am
      Where you from mate?

Warrington.
      There's a few around the PL/FL scene at the moment. Lingards been the most successful. James Chesters got himself a solid championship career and Evertons Matthew Pennington will never play for them again because he's genuinely awful but he scored in a Merseyside derby in front of The Kop before being torn apart twice by Coutinho seconds later.

I always like to see how the local lads are doing. Used to play against Lingard. He's always been a cocky little pr**k.
      « Last Edit: Feb 08, 2019 12:10:10 pm by fields of anny rd »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,990 posts | 2163 
      Reply #127: Feb 08, 2019 12:04:18 pm

I’d completely missed that was his manor.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,692 posts | 1053 
      Reply #128: Feb 08, 2019 12:12:16 pm
      I’d completely missed that was his manor.

The Warrington Maradonna his nickname round here ;D.

Other than that it's quite tricky to pick up because he's playing for Wales but that's from his mother.

Anyway he's out and if Wilson is out too that's good news for us. Their other forwards Ibe and Mousset haven't pulled up any trees and Solankie shouldn't worry us too much.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,390 posts | 206 
      Reply #129: Feb 08, 2019 12:18:33 pm
      They typically play a 4-4-1-1, and I think we'll match them.

Salah
      Bobby
      Mane-Fab-Gini-Shaq
      Robbo-Virgil-Lov/Matip-TAA
      Alisson

Subs: Mig, Matip/Lovren, Moreno, Keita, Hendo, Milner, Lallana, Origi

Actually, not much confidence in either of Matip or Lovren, so wouldnt mind Fab dropping back and Hendo taking the CM spot.
      loadsamane
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #130: Feb 08, 2019 01:16:48 pm
      We will bounce back tomorrow and return to winning ways, time to ask another question of City - especially when you consider that they have Chelsea the following day.

It's still very much in our hands, lets make sure we keep it that way.
      Mickred
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 287 posts | 38 
      Reply #131: Feb 08, 2019 01:23:37 pm
      Due to recent result this game has become crucial to our chance of winning the league.  The players know this as well, they will have to turn up and get 3 points at all costs to stop our mini blip.  I hope there are plenty of supporters there to welcome the team bus and give the players a show of our support and let them know we are still behind them no matter what.  Anfield needs to be electric on Saturday.

YNWA

:aaliverpoolwz0: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      PurpleMonkey

• 9,365 posts | 1577 
      Reply #132: Feb 08, 2019 01:30:02 pm
      I think we should give Shaqiri more of a free role (similar to how he has been used for his NT) and have Firmino playing as the 9 instead of having Salah 9, Firmino 10 and Shaqiri on the right and being predictable.

As for midfield, Wijnaldum would be my choice over Hendo as he is stronger defending the space, and Fabinho is a must because of his distribution.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,372 posts | 3115 
      Reply #133: Feb 08, 2019 03:17:46 pm
      We have endured a difficult period but remain joint top behind on goal difference with a game in hand. With the three lads back tomorrow and a home game against Bournemouth I have a feeling we will see a big reaction from the leads and they will want to put the pressure right back on City.
      I am changing my prediction to 5-1
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,339 posts | 331 
      Reply #134: Feb 08, 2019 03:18:58 pm
      Just f**king win this and pressure the plastics down the road!
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,651 posts | 1689 
      Reply #135: Feb 08, 2019 03:55:06 pm
      The clamour for Lovren being fit is laughable....half on here never want him to start anyway!

Maybe it's the other half clamouring for him to be fit 🤷‍♂️
      heimdall

• 7,781 posts | 1591 
      Reply #136: Feb 08, 2019 04:19:38 pm
      We have endured a difficult period but remain joint top behind on goal difference with a game in hand. With the three lads back tomorrow and a home game against Bournemouth I have a feeling we will see a big reaction from the leads and they will want to put the pressure right back on City.
      I am changing my prediction to 5-1

I think so too, I can feel a big scoreline coming our way in this one and we need it. Get some positive vibes back before we face Manure then Bayern.
      By the way before we meet Manure they face PSG, then Chelsea, that should sap some strength out of them as they won't be able to rest anyone in those games.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,372 posts | 3115 
      Reply #137: Feb 08, 2019 04:22:00 pm
      Wonder if we tried a collective positive thinking day and all get behind Jürgen and the lads how that might work out.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,736 posts | 1960 
      Reply #138: Feb 08, 2019 06:17:27 pm
      I think we should give Shaqiri more of a free role (similar to how he has been used for his NT) and have Firmino playing as the 9 instead of having Salah 9, Firmino 10 and Shaqiri on the right and being predictable.

As for midfield, Wijnaldum would be my choice over Hendo as he is stronger defending the space, and Fabinho is a must because of his distribution.

If Henderson is fit, well and rested, he plays.

No idea why so many people struggle with that.

PurpleMonkey

• 9,365 posts | 1577 
      Reply #139: Feb 08, 2019 06:59:38 pm

Let me put it simple, I am not predicting the line up for tomorrow, nor do I think others are doing that too, we are just voicing our opinions, so it really doesn't matter if Klopp or you think Hendo will always start if he's 100% fit.

Anyway. I have a feeling Klopp will start Hendo & Wijnaldum midfield tomorrow, but it's not my preferred choice... oh, and not having Hendo in my team doesn't make me a Hendo hater ;)
      siavashiva
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 605 posts | 57 
      Reply #140: Feb 08, 2019 07:32:25 pm
      I'm starting to feel positive again after the disappointments of last week. Lads seem to have regained focus again, based on their social media at least. I think this is going to be a commanding win for us, and proper message to City that we are not going anywhere.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,895 posts | 2740 
      Reply #141: Feb 08, 2019 07:36:32 pm
      Let me put it simple, I am not predicting the line up for tomorrow, nor do I think others are doing that too, we are just voicing our opinions, so it really doesn't matter if Klopp or you think Hendo will always start if he's 100% fit.

Anyway. I have a feeling Klopp will start Hendo & Wijnaldum midfield tomorrow, but it's not my preferred choice... oh, and not having Hendo in my team doesn't make me a Hendo hater ;)

I think he struggles with the fact realising that there has been plenty of times when a Hendo has been fit and not started.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,692 posts | 1053 
      Reply #142: Feb 08, 2019 07:50:00 pm

Yep he makes my idea of our best midfield, with Wijnaldum and Fab.
      macbk
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 318 posts | 19 
      Reply #143: Feb 08, 2019 07:52:04 pm
      I'm starting to feel positive again after the disappointments of last week. Lads seem to have regained focus again, based on their social media at least. I think this is going to be a commanding win for us, and proper message to City that we are not going anywhere.

I want to believe the same mate. I really do. We need to come out and score fairly quickly. I also need to see a foot-on-the-gas approach.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,372 posts | 3115 
      Reply #144: Feb 08, 2019 07:59:16 pm

same for Jürgen too . doesn't matter how many ex players say how important Henderson is the same ones know better and they must hate to be proved wrong time after time after time.
      As far as I can see they either have an issue with Jordan or don't understand the role he plays a role Jürgen thinks is pivotal to our tempo
      PurpleMonkey

• 9,365 posts | 1577 
      Reply #145: Feb 08, 2019 09:39:55 pm
      same for Jürgen too . doesn't matter how many ex players say how important Henderson is the same ones know better and they must hate to be proved wrong time after time after time.
      As far as I can see they either have an issue with Jordan or don't understand the role he plays a role Jürgen thinks is pivotal to our tempo

Serious question, how many times has Klopp played that trio? I actually don't recall seeing that setup. It's either, Wijnaldum & Hendo, Fabinho & Wijnaldum or Fabinho & Hendo with Keita or Milner for that 3rd midfield spot. However, I do  think Klopp sees those 3 as our key midfielders.

And walton, why do you and Swab get so defensive over Henderson and attack people with the same old sh*t who don't rate him as highly? Maybe you should ponder on why people consider Wijnaldum to be the better player? Don't you think having a diverse midfield is far more balanced than having the same 2 or 3 midfielders that function pretty much the same? I certainly do.

For me, Hendo is currently first choice in a midfield 3 (preferably as an 8!) , but in a double 6, not for me. Wijnaldum is the better player for me, sorry. But does that make me a hater? Does that make me not understand the role or have an issue with Hendo?
      « Last Edit: Feb 08, 2019 10:45:30 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,805 posts | 340 
      Reply #146: Feb 08, 2019 09:59:11 pm
      Last saturday game till April,Spion kop 1906 lads calling for get in early get behind the lads will it work? Or are the sitting on their hands,big day out in the majority now and not checking the fans forums/twitter accounts? Not sure if i'm out for a pub watch,morning call i guess.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,895 posts | 2740 
      Reply #147: Feb 08, 2019 10:30:34 pm
      Serious question, how many times has Klopp played that trio? I actually don't recall seeing that setup. It's either, Wijnaldum & Hendo, Fabinho & Wijnaldum or Fabinho & Fabinho & Hendo with Keita or Milner for that 3rd midfield spot. However, I do  think Klopp sees those 3 as our key midfielders.

And walton, why do you and Swab get so defensive over Henderson and attack people with the same old sh*t who don't rate him as highly? Maybe you should ponder on why people consider Wijnaldum to be the better player? Don't you think having a diverse midfield is far more balanced than having the same 2 or 3 midfielders that function pretty much the same? I certainly do.

For me, Hendo is currently first choice in a midfield 3 (preferably as an 8!) , but in a double 6, not for me. Wijnaldum is the better player for me, sorry. But does that make me a hater? Does that make me not understand the role or have an issue with Hendo?

Wasting your time with some on here Klopp like all astute coaches will pick his midfield combination dependant on the opposition so this Henderson is first choice is only in the imagination of those who go to bed with a Henderson doll.

GERNS

• 6,882 posts | 448 
      Reply #148: Feb 08, 2019 11:20:00 pm
      Following all the contradictory selections, and the reasons for such above, I wanna ask one question.
      Whatever happened to the gengen press ?
      I realise Klopp has gone a bit more passive and is better structured defensively, well until recently anyway, but I’m sure if we pressed teams a bit more like we did last season, we’d have more ball in better spaces. Doesn’t have to be flat out like we were, but at least put sides under pressure. We seem to give them too much room to operate in when we lose possession.
      Can we change that, and go back to winning the ballot back in the opponents half, instead of last ditch tackles around our box.
      Think we’ve gone too far the other way regarding the lack of press.
      Robby The Z
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,005 posts | 591 
      Reply #149: Feb 08, 2019 11:34:03 pm

And definitely three central midfielders.

Quick Reply