Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Bournemouth Sat 9th Feb 15:00KO

Read 16531 times
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Didi Hamann
      • Started Topic

• 306 posts | 43 
      Pre-Match: Liverpool v Bournemouth Sat 9th Feb 15:00KO
      Feb 04, 2019 09:59:29 pm
      Want to forget about that.

Keita and Firmino worst players on the field tonight.

Letā€™s hope the lads with knocks are back for this, if they are:

Alisson

Alexander-Arnold
      Lovren
      Van Dijk
      Robertson

Wijnaldum
      Fabinho
      Henderson (c)

Shaqiri
      Salah
      Mane

Subs:

Mignolet
      Matip
      Milner
      Keita
      Lallana
      Firmino
      Origi

If they arenā€™t back, I just hope we never see Milner at right back for us again.

Think we will get back to winning ways regardless of whoā€™s fit, 4-0 to us.
      « Last Edit: Feb 05, 2019 09:05:23 am by JD »
      DutchLiverpoolFan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,086 posts | 61 
      Re: Liverpool v Bournemouth Sat 9th Feb 15:00KO
      Reply #1: Feb 04, 2019 10:28:42 pm
      Game can't come soon enough. The coaches, players and fans have to forget the last 2 matches. A nice easy win would do the confidence and believe wonders.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2: Feb 04, 2019 10:41:31 pm
      Weā€™ll win and the world will look different.

Thatā€™s how this sh*t works.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3: Feb 04, 2019 10:57:04 pm
      Been a while since we went into a game 2nd in the league.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #4: Feb 04, 2019 11:37:56 pm
      Sorry but unless we completely turn the team around in 5 days then we lose this match, we are currently fragile at the back, passive in midfield and disjointed in attack, we are a poor team with a piss poor defeatist mindset.
      Sorry to be negative and I really hope I'm wrong but I can't see any plusses at the moment other than having 2 more points than we deserved in the last 2 matches.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #5: Feb 05, 2019 08:59:18 am
      I think the team we have is capable of winning this one. It's about  top 6 standard side at the moment so sooner or later we will win one.

Short term it's an XI that will drop a lot of points and already has done. The hope is by the time we get some players back we will not be too far behind City.

No getting away from it that that is what this season will end up holding for us. We are going to be second very soon and having to play catch up.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Bournemouth Sat 9th Feb 15:00KO
      Reply #6: Feb 05, 2019 09:47:25 am
      I think the team we have is capable of winning this one. It's about  top 6 standard side at the moment so sooner or later we will win one.

Short term it's an XI that will drop a lot of points and already has done. The hope is by the time we get some players back we will not be too far behind City.

No getting away from it that that is what this season will end up holding for us. We are going to be second very soon and having to play catch up.

So you think that on current form we can beat a team which just beat Chelsea 4-0 last week, can I ask what gives you that confidence?

BTW I think we are more than capable of beating them BUT only if we change our tactics and go full throttle heavy metal on their arses! My worry is that Klopp is about as flexible as any other German, ie NOT AT ALL FLEIXBLE, so we will just continue with this slow build up play, easily defended against and then we'll be hit on the counter and our makeshift defence exposed again.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #7: Feb 05, 2019 09:50:21 am
      So you think that on current form we can beat a team which just beat Chelsea 4-0 last week, can I ask what gives you that confidence?

BTW I think we are more than capable of beating them BUT only if we change our tactics and go full throttle heavy metal on their arses! My worry is that Klopp is about as flexible as any other German, ie NOT AT ALL FLEIXBLE, so we will just continue with this slow build up play, easily defended against and then we'll be hit on the counter and our makeshift defence exposed again.

Ooh Heimy get you and your casual racism ;)
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #8: Feb 05, 2019 09:54:14 am
      The right game for us: at home against a weaker side. I'd still feature Keita in hope he clicks at some point and because he's more than fresh. Give Gini more recovering time. For a similiar reason I'd bring Moreno for Robbo. Prevention is better than cure.

Alisson
      TAA-Lovren-VVD-Moreno
      Hendo-Fab-Keita
      Salah-Bobby-ManƩ
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #9: Feb 05, 2019 09:59:56 am
      BTW I think we are more than capable of beating them BUT only if we change our tactics and go full throttle heavy metal on their arses!

We can only do that in do-or-die games like the Napoli one. Otherwise we'll burn out. Don't worry, at home it's a different ballgame and this team has every motivation to play seriously.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #10: Feb 05, 2019 10:17:29 am
      Ooh Heimy get you and your casual racism ;)

Oh dear another person who doesn't quite understand what racism is, I'll give you a little hint I am the same race as JĆ¼rgen and the majority of other Germans, ie can't be racist. It is however a stereotype of Germans, but in my experience a fairly accurate one. I really like Germans but they are not particularly flexible people, they are very pragmatic and sensible though which I why I hope Klopp might now finally realise he needs to tweak tactics and tilt the team more towards attack.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #11: Feb 05, 2019 10:19:51 am
      We can only do that in do-or-die games like the Napoli one. Otherwise we'll burn out. Don't worry, at home it's a different ballgame and this team has every motivation to play seriously.

Wasn't different against Leicester was it? I'm not talking about Gung Ho Kamikaze style of attack but more quick breaks like we had last season, with Shaquiri in midfield to support the front three we have the players to do this.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #12: Feb 05, 2019 10:24:54 am
                        Alisson

TAA     Lovren    VVD    Robbo

Gini            Fabinho

Keita

Shaq          Salah        Mane
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #13: Feb 05, 2019 10:25:42 am

I'm 100% sure you know Bournemouth lost to the mighty Cardiff City on the weekend, but that you choose to mention their win against Chelsea says it all really
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #14: Feb 05, 2019 10:33:03 am
      Oh dear another person who doesn't quite understand what racism is, I'll give you a little hint I am the same race as JĆ¼rgen and the majority of other Germans, ie can't be racist. It is however a stereotype of Germans, but in my experience a fairly accurate one. I really like Germans but they are not particularly flexible people, they are very pragmatic and sensible though which I why I hope Klopp might now finally realise he needs to tweak tactics and tilt the team more towards attack.
      Thanks for that.

Itā€™s still a piece of casual racism regardless........

But hey, what do I know, Iā€™m just a dour, curmudgeonly Scotsman.......
      « Last Edit: Feb 05, 2019 11:05:52 am by Scotia »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #15: Feb 05, 2019 12:01:28 pm
      I'm 100% sure you know Bournemouth lost to the mighty Cardiff City on the weekend, but that you choose to mention their win against Chelsea says it all really

In my defence I thought we were playing in Bournemouth not Anfield so that does change things a bit and I'm now more hopeful of a good result.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #16: Feb 05, 2019 12:04:14 pm
      Thanks for that.

Itā€™s still a piece of casual racism regardless........

But hey, what do I know, Iā€™m just a dour, curmudgeonly Scotsman.......

What is your definition of racism, does it include race at all? Honestly I'm getting so tired of people misusing the word, Racism is an abominable act, its a truly heinous thing to discriminate against anyone based on race, religion or creed. Calling a German inflexible is not really in the same bracket now is it?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #17: Feb 05, 2019 12:12:06 pm
      What is your definition of racism, does it include race at all? Honestly I'm getting so tired of people misusing the word, Racism is an abominable act, its a truly heinous thing to discriminate against anyone based on race, religion or creed. Calling a German inflexible is not really in the same bracket now is it?

Calm Heimy - I wasnā€™t castigating your whole character on this occasion.

However - thatā€™s a perfect example of what IS accepted as casual racism. Perhaps youā€™d be more ā€œcomfortableā€ with ā€œcultural stereotypingā€?

I know English isnā€™t your first language so perhaps itā€™s a nuance thatā€™s lost - I canā€™t be inside your head to know.

Weā€™re not here to discuss the general concept of racism - great that you abhor it though.

Iā€™m pleased to hear it.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #18: Feb 05, 2019 12:17:04 pm

and then lost the next game 2-0 to Cardiff.

It's football, It's unpredictable. We've been really poor the last two games but we match up pretty well with Bournemouth and I would expect us to return to winning ways against this lot. Part of me wonders if starting the game in 2nd spot will contribute to a better performance. Not withstanding some difficult injuries and questions around squad depth the pressure of being at the top appears to have gotten to the players a little bit. 
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #19: Feb 05, 2019 12:20:54 pm
                        Alisson

TAA     Lovren    VVD    Robbo

Gini            Fabinho

Keita

Shaq          Salah        Mane

Hard to predict a team at the moment.  If we had more options then perhaps drop bobby but he is very integral to us when he is on top form
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #20: Feb 05, 2019 12:23:16 pm
      Calm Heimy - I wasnā€™t castigating your whole character on this occasion.

However - thatā€™s a perfect example of what IS accepted as casual racism. Perhaps youā€™d be more ā€œcomfortableā€ with ā€œcultural stereotypingā€?

I know English isnā€™t your first language so perhaps itā€™s a nuance thatā€™s lost - I canā€™t be inside your head to know.

Weā€™re not here to discuss the general concept of racism - great that you abhor it though.

Iā€™m pleased to hear it.

I already agreed is was stereotyping, but this phrase "casual racism" is also a bit absurd in my opinion, I just think it devalues the word and does a great injustice to people who have ever suffered racism.
      BTW I can't really hide behind the foreigner tag, in terms of my English comprehension, having been through School and University in this country ;-)
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 362 posts | 82 
      Reply #21: Feb 05, 2019 12:26:59 pm
      Let's go all out attack against this team. They are someone who do not like to put 11 players behind the ball.

We just need to have a bit of sting going forward. They were the catalyst couple of months back when we went on to have a very good team performance still new year where we played great attacking way.

We need to get the attack in order right now.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #22: Feb 05, 2019 12:28:39 pm
      and then lost the next game 2-0 to Cardiff.

It's football, It's unpredictable. We've been really poor the last two games but we match up pretty well with Bournemouth and I would expect us to return to winning ways against this lot. Part of me wonders if starting the game in 2nd spot will contribute to a better performance. Not withstanding some difficult injuries and questions around squad depth the pressure of being at the top appears to have gotten to the players a little bit. 

Yes I already said I mistook this for an away game rather than home, that of course makes a big difference.

I've been thinking a lot about our last 2 games today and the reality is dawning on me that perhaps a lot of us are guilty of some arrogance in assuming that Leicester and West Ham would be guaranteed wins. Both teams are capable of playing very well, and indeed did so against us at a time when we are severely weakened with injuries.

Its time to regroup and refocus for Bournemouth but that really is a big big game for us, we need not just a win but a comfortable win to give us momentum going into the Manure and Bayern games.

Quick Reply