Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Bournemouth Sat 9th Feb 15:00KO

Read 16534 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Bournemouth Sat 9th Feb 15:00KO
      Reply #23: Feb 05, 2019 12:30:26 pm
      I already agreed is was stereotyping, but this phrase "casual racism" is also a bit absurd in my opinion, I just think it devalues the word and does a great injustice to people who have ever suffered racism.
      BTW I can't really hide behind the foreigner tag, in terms of my English comprehension, having been through School and University in this country ;-)

Ah ok - gotcha, that’s interesting and noted.

The point of the term - for me - is to call us all to account for the lazy cliches we almost all perpetuate (I certainly do - and I know the arrogant English do too  >:D).

I was, initially, only pulling your leg.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #24: Feb 05, 2019 12:31:54 pm
      Hard to predict a team at the moment.  If we had more options then perhaps drop bobby but he is very integral to us when he is on top form

Could we maybe try reshuffling things a bit so that we just play Mane and Salah as strikers and then have both Shaq and Keita as CAM's with Fabinho and Gini/Hendo behind them in a 4-2-2-2, I think that might work.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #25: Feb 05, 2019 12:32:33 pm
      Ah ok - gotcha, that’s interesting and noted.

The point of the term - for me - is to call us all to account for the lazy cliches we almost all perpetuate (I certainly do - and I know the arrogant English do too  >:D).

I was, initially, only pulling your leg.

Fair enough
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #26: Feb 05, 2019 12:40:49 pm
      It will be a good game to put in a performance and win well but at this point in the season any win will do we can and will regain our form we still have lost just one game which proves how we can see this through despite the bollox in the media.
      we do need our strongest team with the exception of Joe to be available.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #27: Feb 05, 2019 12:46:06 pm
      It will be a good game to put in a performance and win well but at this point in the season any win will do we can and will regain our form we still have lost just one game which proves how we can see this through despite the bollox in the media.
      we do need our strongest team with the exception of Joe to be available.

What is the likelihood of getting Trent back as RB and/or Lovren at CB? We really need our best team back asap.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #28: Feb 05, 2019 02:14:33 pm
      Been a while since we went into a game 2nd in the league.

Joint first based on points assuming City wins. We're still ahead by one after 26 games at 63 points even if we draw.

People don't realise how good we are and how City has self destruct for us to be in this position.

Still all good. Don't let anxiety get ahead of us.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #29: Feb 05, 2019 02:18:42 pm
      Joint first based on points assuming City wins. We're still ahead by one after 26 games at 63 points even if we draw.

People don't realise how good we are and how City has self destruct for us to be in this position.

In some ways having a bit of a stumble now might be a good thing from a mental point of view as it puts us back in the mix fighting for every game.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #30: Feb 05, 2019 02:31:17 pm

Unfortunately you don’t win the league with joint points, we’d be worse off on GD so that’s 2nd place however you look at it.

But, at least we will be playing before them again so the pressure will be back on them to beat the Chavs.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #31: Feb 05, 2019 05:16:37 pm
      Unfortunately you don’t win the league with joint points, we’d be worse off on GD so that’s 2nd place however you look at it.

But, at least we will be playing before them again so the pressure will be back on them to beat the Chavs.

Yes yes. 2nd on GD is still 2nd. :D
      But the good thing is we're only on 26 games in, or 2/3 of 38 games, not 36. Joint points at this stage is still alright, and maybe not at perhaps 30 games? There's still an awful lot to play for, lots of room for City to get knackered and self destruct.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #32: Feb 05, 2019 05:19:50 pm
      Yes yes. 2nd on GD is still 2nd. :D
      But the good thing is we're only on 26 games in, or 2/3 of 38 games, not 36. Joint points at this stage is still alright, and maybe not at perhaps 30 games? There's still an awful lot to play for, lots of room for City to get knackered and self destruct.

Goal difference is a total irrelevance if we’ve not played the same number of games.

As it happens we have and we have 3 points more.

That’s the one to win.

Couldn’t give a rat’s fud if they go ahead on goal difference having played a game more.

It means F**k all.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #33: Feb 05, 2019 05:38:51 pm
      Major boost if we could get two of Trent, Hendo and Gini starting.

Agree with those saying a win makes things look a lot better. A three point lead on the back of a win feels totally different to one on the back of two draws.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #34: Feb 05, 2019 08:23:56 pm
      Goal difference is a total irrelevance if we’ve not played the same number of games.

As it happens we have and we have 3 points more.

That’s the one to win.

Couldn’t give a rat’s fud if they go ahead on goal difference having played a game more.

It means F**k all.

Well if our GD was higher those 3 points would be like 3 and a half points. It's the other way around so our lead is in reality 2.5 points. If we lose another game and City win they will be top of the table outright.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #35: Feb 05, 2019 09:09:02 pm
      Well if our GD was higher those 3 points would be like 3 and a half points. It's the other way around so our lead is in reality 2.5 points. If we lose another game and City win they will be top of the table outright.

:lmao:

Now this IS the winner today. That’s a truly ridiculous statement.

Our lead is 3 points.

Not 2.5, 3.5 or the square root of Pi.

Your arse twitching is one thing but inventing a new points system to justify it is just daft.

2.5 points. Brilliant.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36: Feb 05, 2019 09:13:59 pm

Our lead is 3 points.

Your arse twitching is one thing but inventing a new points system to justify it is just daft.

2.5 points. Brilliant.

It's actually a fair point, goal difference does make a difference if you are level on points which is why we need to start scoring goals again.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #37: Feb 05, 2019 09:16:17 pm

Hang on. City had about an 18 better goal difference 9 games ago. Its now 5 or 6. No way any of us know what thats going to be in 13 games time.

Let's worry about that if and when it needs worrying about!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #38: Feb 05, 2019 09:17:21 pm
      It's actually a fair point, goal difference does make a difference if you are level on points which is why we need to start scoring goals again.

We aren’t and it’s not. It doesn’t matter tomorrow either if City win and go top.

It matters when we’ve played the same number of games AND have the same number of points.

Otherwise it’s just stat wanking.

Cracks me up - I guarantee the people saying that would not be saying it if we were a massive 5 goals ahead.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #39: Feb 05, 2019 09:30:57 pm

Our lead is 3 points.

2.5 points. Brilliant.

Not really mate. GD decides our league if points are level. It's something that cost us under BR. City had better GD after we lost to Chelsea. It meant the title was no longer in our hands. If we lose again before City they will go top and although level on points it goes out of our hands.

It's a bit like an away goal.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #40: Feb 05, 2019 09:33:21 pm
      We aren’t and it’s not. It doesn’t matter tomorrow either if City win and go top.

It matters when we’ve played the same number of games AND have the same number of points.

Otherwise it’s just stat wanking.

Cracks me up - I guarantee the people saying that would not be saying it if we were a massive 5 goals ahead.

Then you'd be wrong. It's something I've looked at and talked about for weeks now. If our GD was higher than them we would have a bigger cushion.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #41: Feb 05, 2019 09:35:26 pm
      Hang on. City had about an 18 better goal difference 9 games ago. Its now 5 or 6. No way any of us know what thats going to be in 13 games time.

Let's worry about that if and when it needs worrying about!

I know, but the post I was replying to was assuming City win their next game.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #42: Feb 05, 2019 09:38:21 pm
      Not really mate. GD decides our league if points are level. It's something that cost us under BR. City had better GD after we lost to Chelsea. It meant the title was no longer in our hands. If we lose again before City they will go top and although level on points it goes out of our hands.

It's a bit like an away goal.

Then you'd be wrong. It's something I've looked at and talked about for weeks now. If our GD was higher than them we would have a bigger cushion.

Mate - you’re nervous. I get it - we all are (a bit). Been so long and we want it so bad.

Creating a new points system to justify your neurosis is off the chart though. 

Worry about goal difference if and when games are level, running out AND the points are level.

Wins sweet f**k all otherwise.

I guarantee you - the majority of those shouting about GD would NOT be doing so if we were ahead. If you’re not one of them - credit to you.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #43: Feb 05, 2019 09:44:32 pm
      For once i care not who starts, or what formation, I just want to see a performance like the one against Arsenal after they score
      4-0 (my predication) or better
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #44: Feb 05, 2019 09:46:11 pm
      Mate - you’re nervous. I get it - we all are (a bit). Been so long and we want it so bad.

Creating a new points system to justify your neurosis is off the chart though. 

Worry about goal difference if and when games are level, running out AND the points are level.

Wins sweet f**k all otherwise.

I guarantee you - the majority of those shouting about GD would NOT be doing so if we were ahead. If you’re not one of them - credit to you.

Just have a look at the table before we played Chelsea in our ladt failed attempt to see what I mean about a small or big 3 point lead.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #45: Feb 05, 2019 09:50:47 pm
      Just have a look at the table before we played Chelsea in our ladt failed attempt to see what I mean about a small or big 3 point lead.

The one we missed out on by 2 points?

Yeah - made f**k all difference.

Let’s agree to disagree and you can stop digging.

A small/large 3pts lead.

Jaysus mate - next you’ll be saying it’s cold and you’re nervous ;)

Quick Reply