Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Bournemouth Sat 9th Feb 15:00KO

Read 16543 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Bournemouth Sat 9th Feb 15:00KO
      Reply #46: Feb 05, 2019 09:54:11 pm
      The one we missed out on by 2 points?

Yeah - made F**k all difference.

Let’s agree to disagree and you can stop digging.

A small/large 3pts lead. Jaysus mate - next you’ll be saying it’s cold and you’re nervous ;)

It didn't make F**k all difference when after Gerrard slipped we knew it was pretty much over.

If we were ahead on GD we go on to win that title because the Palace meltdown doesn't happen.

Remember us going 3-0 up and running the ball to the centre circle.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #47: Feb 05, 2019 09:58:45 pm
      Against West Ham we had too many new faces. I think we started with Lallana rather than Shaquiri because the latter can be brought on as a game changer, not the other way round. Of course there could be another more obvious reason I didn't know about.

I thought Keita was dire at first, his passes were too slow and getting cut out but once he settled he looked good. I would definitely start with him and Fabinho again and Henderson if he's right, drop Lallana. As for Milner at right back, he's fine. It's not like we got punished by him being there.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #48: Feb 05, 2019 09:59:18 pm
      It didn't make f**k all difference when after Gerrard slipped we knew it was pretty much over.

If we were ahead on GD we go on to win that title because the Palace meltdown doesn't happen.

Remember us going 3-0 up and running the ball to the centre circle.

That became OUR only avenue to WIN because we couldn’t finish ahead of City.

Goal difference didn’t cost us the league in 13/14 mate.

Not winning enough points did.

No matter how you spin it.

Good night and good luck.

YNWA
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #49: Feb 05, 2019 11:45:46 pm
      Can't wait for the next game to come around but at the same time I'm nervous as f**k. That's what 15 Cup Finals in a row will do to ya!

Feel sick to my stomach. I know there's still 13 games to go but f**k me it's gut wrenching and nerve racking all at the same time. Thinking about it 24/7 and the Drugs which normally help, aren't curing my anxiety!
      « Last Edit: Feb 06, 2019 04:12:07 am by AussieRed »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #50: Feb 06, 2019 03:26:30 am
      Honestly should be an easy win, if it isn’t, then we have bigger problems.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #51: Feb 06, 2019 06:56:28 am
      It's time to get back on the bike and go on a winning run again.A good win against Bournemouth will bring the confidence back to our REDS.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #52: Feb 06, 2019 07:14:58 am
      For once i care not who starts, or what formation, I just want to see a performance like the one against Arsenal after they score
      4-0 (my predication) or better

This all day long, well said.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #53: Feb 06, 2019 08:00:00 am
      Just need to win Saturday, and ideally keep a clean sheet to start restoring some belief in the defence
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #54: Feb 06, 2019 08:18:33 am
      Just need to win Saturday, and ideally keep a clean sheet to start restoring some belief in the defence

I think we need a big win, not some nervy 1 goal victory, we need to send a statement to ourselves and also the chasing pack, we have to get some confidence back into the team so that we can go on another run of victories, especially with Bayern and Manure coming up.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #55: Feb 06, 2019 08:52:14 am
      Think some of the fans are in danger of imploding far more than the team, reading some of the stuff on here.

Anyhoo, it's my 50th birthday tomorrow and I'm away for a few days of sunshine, so will be keeping a keen eye on the score Saturday afternoon, hoping for a birthday present of 3 points from the mighty reds!

Think it's a bit much to hope for an early present from the bluenoses across Stanley Park tonight (turn up and perform for once you useless b######s!!).

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #56: Feb 06, 2019 10:02:58 am
      That became OUR only avenue to WIN because we couldn’t finish ahead City

It was Citys only advantage over us after we lost to Chelsea. Points ended up level and we were second.

bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #57: Feb 06, 2019 10:12:35 am
      Need to get back on the horse.
      This one will be as much about character as anything else.
      Citeh are closing the gap, and could be top of the table tonight.
      Sure, form and injuries are a concern - but we still have a first XI capable of beat sides like WH and Bournemouth. There's only so much supporters etc. can do, at the end of the day the players have to stand up and play well enough to win the game.
      Hopefully we'll have one or two back, so that will be a plus.
      Thought Naby did well enough to keep a spot [unless both Hendo and Gini are back], don't reckon will see Lallana or Shaq start.
      Could do with the fans being in good voice.
      Whatever about drawing the last two, think anything less than a win against these, at home, will be a real blow.
      Need the intensity from the start. Games a running out, this is a title chance we have to take.
      Looking forward to getting started, CMON BOYS!!!!!!!!! :)
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #58: Feb 06, 2019 11:23:35 am
      It was Citys only advantage over us after we lost to Chelsea. Points ended up level and we were second.

But we couldn’t finish ahead unless they slipped up.

So WE had to chase GD.

3 points mate. That’s the lead no matter how you spin it.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #59: Feb 06, 2019 11:29:57 am
      So, can someone clarify the position regards points & goal difference?  :f_whistle:
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #60: Feb 06, 2019 12:40:30 pm
      So, can someone clarify the position regards points & goal difference?  :f_whistle:

I'm getting confused as well...

Seems like there's a new rule that a better goal difference adds another 0.5 points to the points tally?
      Also, it's the number of points in the bag that matters on the current table, and we have to disregard differences in number of matches played between teams?

Actually the math is simple - After 38 rounds, the team with the most points wins. It's currently us ahead by three after 25 rounds. If city wins, we win to maintain the gap. If we draw, our lead is cut to one. GD kicks in to hand city the lead only "when we lose round 26".

Obviously some of us are assuming we'd lose and go down to second after round 26. I believe the same group of us going on about our inferior GD are anxious and are simulating we'll lose the next match. But we're only 2/3 there. Still a lot of games to go. 
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #61: Feb 06, 2019 12:54:31 pm
      According to latest reports gini and hendo will be missing not sure on lovren or trent. We need all our players back fit soon as or our ship might have sailed. We know better after Sat.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #62: Feb 06, 2019 01:43:54 pm
      If all current players injured remain injured:

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #63: Feb 06, 2019 01:48:05 pm
      I'm getting confused as well...

Seems like there's a new rule that a better goal difference adds another 0.5 points to the points tally?
      Also, it's the number of points in the bag that matters on the current table, and we have to disregard differences in number of matches played between teams?

Actually the math is simple - After 38 rounds, the team with the most points wins. It's currently us ahead by three after 25 rounds. If city wins, we win to maintain the gap. If we draw, our lead is cut to one. GD kicks in to hand city the lead only "when we lose round 26".

Obviously some of us are assuming we'd lose and go down to second after round 26. I believe the same group of us going on about our inferior GD are anxious and are simulating we'll lose the next match. But we're only 2/3 there. Still a lot of games to go.

Of course what you say is true, and I've preached the "early days" gospel myself, but something in the way your two-thirds just hit me, is really sobering. There's a third of the season still to go and we are neck and neck. Hang on, boys.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #64: Feb 06, 2019 02:35:12 pm
      Just be nice to get a win to change the mood around the team and gain a little momentum before we play Bayern Munich. As far as line-up goes a lot depends if TAA and Hendo clear fitness test as it would be a big boost. Assuming both are fit I think you could see a line-up like this

---------------Alisson---------------
      TAA----Matip-------VvD------Robbo
      -------Ketia---Fabinho---Hendo----
      -------Salah--Firmino----Mane-----
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #65: Feb 06, 2019 02:57:55 pm
      Would love to see something we have rarely seen this season. The others apart from the front 3 chipping in with a goal.

We are just so reliant on the front 3.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #66: Feb 06, 2019 02:58:17 pm
      According to latest reports gini and hendo will be missing not sure on lovren or trent. We need all our players back fit soon as or our ship might have sailed. We know better after Sat.

Well after Saturday we get another 10 days rest, so I'm hoping they'll all then be fit and ready to face Manure and then Bayern, just need to get past Bournemouth first.
      If Trent is good again, please please, then he goes RB which releases Milner back into the middle which should give better balance to the team, I'd then play him with Fabinho with Keita ahead of them with Shaq to come in if needed.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #67: Feb 06, 2019 03:01:29 pm
      Would love to see something we have rarely seen this season. The others apart from the front 3 chipping in with a goal.

Exactly maybe a midfielder crack one in from 25yards like the Ox or gerrard used to do. Something different if front three are not on there game. Listen but anyway we can get 3 points with a depleted team I be 😊
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #68: Feb 06, 2019 03:06:05 pm

far to reliant, all good teams have goals from the midfield as well as attack, its here Jürgen needs to shift tactics a bit, I think our midfielders are instructed to pass rather than shoot, which works fine if your attackers ar eon form but ours aren't, plus it makes it very easy to defend against. Just compare to last season with Ox bursting through and scoring goals, it scares the sh*t out of defenders. I believe Keita could do that if the attackers help and open up space for him.

Quick Reply