Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Bournemouth Sat 9th Feb 15:00KO

Read 16575 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Bournemouth Sat 9th Feb 15:00KO
      Reply #69: Feb 06, 2019 03:24:18 pm
      Would love to see something we have rarely seen this season. The others apart from the front 3 chipping in with a goal.

We are just so reliant on the front 3.

its a bit like saying Barca are far too reliant on Messi and Suarez. That's why we have our front three they are that good and the team is set up to support them
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #70: Feb 06, 2019 03:34:37 pm
      its a bit like saying Barca are far too reliant on Messi and Suarez. That's why we have our front three they are that good and the team is set up to support them

I would argue that firstly the majority of teams Messi and Suarez face are much worse than Prem level and secondly they still have midfielders who score as well, I'm not sure what the stats are on that but whenever I've seen Barca play in recent years the midfield looks plenty dangerous.
      If you look at Citeh for example they have more or less the entire bloody team who can have a good shot on target and certainly their midfield and forwards, it makes it so much harder to defend against.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #71: Feb 06, 2019 03:45:19 pm
      NB: Team no longer available
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #72: Feb 06, 2019 04:14:52 pm
      A month ago we were nine points clear. Now city can go and will go top tonight. All Everton supporters are cheering for city. In bloody February. What a bitter bunch of cu*ts they are.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #73: Feb 06, 2019 04:18:14 pm
      If Everton get anything it will be a miracle
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #74: Feb 06, 2019 04:18:28 pm

Why the hell would you play Henderson at RB instead of Milner, in fact why not try Hoever or Camacho at RB or perhaps have not loaned out Clyen if you have no RB backup.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #75: Feb 06, 2019 04:19:50 pm
      A month ago we were nine points clear. Now city can go and will go top tonight. All Everton supporters are cheering for city. In bloody February. What a bitter bunch of cu*ts they are.

9 points clear?? when was that, the most we've ever been is 7 I think, which went down to 4 after Citeh beating us then 5 points and now 3.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #76: Feb 06, 2019 04:35:43 pm
      If Everton get anything it will be a miracle

If? I can tell you they've lost it even before the ball is kicked. :lmao: :lmao:
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #77: Feb 06, 2019 04:38:37 pm
      If? I can tell you they've lost it even before the ball is kicked. :lmao: :lmao:

I hear ya ;D
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #78: Feb 06, 2019 05:12:38 pm
      So what's the pie situation like at Anfield at the moment/Gotta watch these lads,https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-dorset-47144140.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #79: Feb 06, 2019 07:07:34 pm
      It's obvious Marco silva has bowed to fans pressure and put out a 2"nd rate team tonight to boost city goal difference. There 3 best players left out Coleman. Richardson and sigguardspn. Bet there all back in when we visit.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #80: Feb 06, 2019 07:14:43 pm
      Jesus lad,enough of the F***ing tears,grow some balls.WE ARE LIVERPOOL.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #81: Feb 06, 2019 08:34:37 pm
      Speaking of which, getting the dog neutered tomorrow, can't look poor fella in the eye :(
      Citeh 1 up at HT at Woodison.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,483 posts | 240 
      Reply #82: Feb 06, 2019 08:37:14 pm
      Talking of no balls the bitters have contrived to concede a goal in ht injury time
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #83: Feb 06, 2019 10:27:49 pm
      Easily biggest game of the season coming up with tons of pressure on us. Time to man up and show our mettle and not that we're a bunch of chokers. This also goes for the fans, who need to stop being dickheads and show up with energy to push this team forward and not stand there looking scared like a bunch of dick sucking idiots.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #84: Feb 06, 2019 10:32:20 pm
      Mo through the middle of the front 3 drop Bobby deep Fab back beside vVD Gini in if fit

Allisson
      Camacho    Fab      Virg    Robbo

Gini      Milner
                                 Bobby

Shaq         Mo       Mane
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #85: Feb 06, 2019 10:32:43 pm
      Oh dear another person who doesn't quite understand what racism is, I'll give you a little hint I am the same race as Jürgen and the majority of other Germans, ie can't be racist. It is however a stereotype of Germans, but in my experience a fairly accurate one. I really like Germans but they are not particularly flexible people, they are very pragmatic and sensible though which I why I hope Klopp might now finally realise he needs to tweak tactics and tilt the team more towards attack.

Well said. Look at those ping-pong passes around the midway line game after game, it won us points before as we managed to scrap through with 1-0 wins that we nearly lost all the games if the oppositions took their opportunities. The warnings were already there. Klopp can;t use such tactics in every game and try to win the league, he needs to outscore the opposition. Such boring tactics will only take Klopp that far and it won't last forever, West Ham and Leicester is the beginning and is a stern warning to klopp. Aguero never stays at one place, he moves around looking for openings and opportunities while klopp continues to peg Salah to the right flank. Salah can't defend well, that's for sure, neither can he attack effectively at the moment because defenders are crowding him out. So, why not move him around  to confuse defenders and drag opponents with him to create openings for others. Next, the ball kept flying into the opposition box game after game, with no John Toshack around, for what purpose I honestly don;t know, thus allowing opposition defenders heading practice to regain possession and it is so frustrating to watch game after game. Why not drive the ball across the opposition box while players following through and hope that one will toe poke it into goal. e stand a better chance with the ballon the ground then in the air. Next is Firminho, he is a one in 6 match player, 1 game superb bad performances are forgotten and went missing in the next 5 games and his performance against West Ham was truly shocking beyond words and he gets to start in every game. A case of consistently being inconsistent. Rigid, yes Klopp is.
      « Last Edit: Feb 06, 2019 10:42:39 pm by redkop63 »
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #86: Feb 06, 2019 10:39:55 pm
      I think we need a big win, not some nervy 1 goal victory, we need to send a statement to ourselves and also the chasing pack, we have to get some confidence back into the team so that we can go on another run of victories, especially with Bayern and Manure coming up.

With Klopps's current tactics, camp around the midfield and hope there is an opening and not working to open up opposition defence, I don't think we will win by more than a goal, or perhaps draw or worst still defeat if the opposition takes their opportunities.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #87: Feb 06, 2019 10:52:58 pm
      Mo through the middle of the front 3 drop Bobby deep Fab back beside vVD Gini in if fit

Allisson
      Camacho    Fab      Virg    Robbo

Gini      Milner
                                 Bobby

Shaq         Mo       Mane

Can’t put Fab and Camacho on the right hand of the defence mate.

Too much.

Plus Matip hasn’t actually played badly. I’m sticking with Jimmy and Joel.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #88: Feb 06, 2019 10:54:35 pm
      Well after Saturday we get another 10 days rest, so I'm hoping they'll all then be fit and ready to face Manure and then Bayern, just need to get past Bournemouth first.
      If Trent is good again, please please, then he goes RB which releases Milner back into the middle which should give better balance to the team, I'd then play him with Fabinho with Keita ahead of them with Shaq to come in if needed.

Hate the word rest because klopp will pack them off to dubai again.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #89: Feb 06, 2019 11:01:26 pm
      Hate the word rest because klopp will pack them off to dubai again.

He can take ‘em on the f***in’ space station if he believes that’s what’s needed as far as I’m concerned.

Last two games got hee haw to do with Dubai.

rossyred

• 9,099 posts | 1638 
      Reply #90: Feb 06, 2019 11:06:22 pm
      Surely TAA is back was training Monday
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #91: Feb 07, 2019 08:24:47 am
      Think some of the fans are in danger of imploding far more than the team, reading some of the stuff on here.

Anyhoo, it's my 50th birthday tomorrow and I'm away for a few days of sunshine, so will be keeping a keen eye on the score Saturday afternoon, hoping for a birthday present of 3 points from the mighty reds!

Happy Birthday on the big half century.  Hope the reds sort you out!

Surely TAA is back was training Monday

I thought Klopp said he'd be back for Bayern Munich?

Quick Reply