Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Bournemouth Sat 9th Feb 15:00KO

Read 16530 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Bournemouth Sat 9th Feb 15:00KO
      Reply #138: Feb 08, 2019 06:17:27 pm
      I think we should give Shaqiri more of a free role (similar to how he has been used for his NT) and have Firmino playing as the 9 instead of having Salah 9, Firmino 10 and Shaqiri on the right and being predictable.

As for midfield, Wijnaldum would be my choice over Hendo as he is stronger defending the space, and Fabinho is a must because of his distribution.

If Henderson is fit, well and rested, he plays.

No idea why so many people struggle with that.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #139: Feb 08, 2019 06:59:38 pm

Let me put it simple, I am not predicting the line up for tomorrow, nor do I think others are doing that too, we are just voicing our opinions, so it really doesn't matter if Klopp or you think Hendo will always start if he's 100% fit.

Anyway. I have a feeling Klopp will start Hendo & Wijnaldum midfield tomorrow, but it's not my preferred choice... oh, and not having Hendo in my team doesn't make me a Hendo hater ;)
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 807 posts | 112 
      Reply #140: Feb 08, 2019 07:32:25 pm
      I'm starting to feel positive again after the disappointments of last week. Lads seem to have regained focus again, based on their social media at least. I think this is going to be a commanding win for us, and proper message to City that we are not going anywhere.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #141: Feb 08, 2019 07:36:32 pm
      Let me put it simple, I am not predicting the line up for tomorrow, nor do I think others are doing that too, we are just voicing our opinions, so it really doesn't matter if Klopp or you think Hendo will always start if he's 100% fit.

Anyway. I have a feeling Klopp will start Hendo & Wijnaldum midfield tomorrow, but it's not my preferred choice... oh, and not having Hendo in my team doesn't make me a Hendo hater ;)

I think he struggles with the fact realising that there has been plenty of times when a Hendo has been fit and not started.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #142: Feb 08, 2019 07:50:00 pm

Yep he makes my idea of our best midfield, with Wijnaldum and Fab.
      macbk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts | 64 
      Reply #143: Feb 08, 2019 07:52:04 pm
      I'm starting to feel positive again after the disappointments of last week. Lads seem to have regained focus again, based on their social media at least. I think this is going to be a commanding win for us, and proper message to City that we are not going anywhere.

I want to believe the same mate. I really do. We need to come out and score fairly quickly. I also need to see a foot-on-the-gas approach.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #144: Feb 08, 2019 07:59:16 pm

same for Jürgen too . doesn't matter how many ex players say how important Henderson is the same ones know better and they must hate to be proved wrong time after time after time.
      As far as I can see they either have an issue with Jordan or don't understand the role he plays a role Jürgen thinks is pivotal to our tempo
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #145: Feb 08, 2019 09:39:55 pm
      same for Jürgen too . doesn't matter how many ex players say how important Henderson is the same ones know better and they must hate to be proved wrong time after time after time.
      As far as I can see they either have an issue with Jordan or don't understand the role he plays a role Jürgen thinks is pivotal to our tempo

Serious question, how many times has Klopp played that trio? I actually don't recall seeing that setup. It's either, Wijnaldum & Hendo, Fabinho & Wijnaldum or Fabinho & Hendo with Keita or Milner for that 3rd midfield spot. However, I do  think Klopp sees those 3 as our key midfielders.

And walton, why do you and Swab get so defensive over Henderson and attack people with the same old sh*t who don't rate him as highly? Maybe you should ponder on why people consider Wijnaldum to be the better player? Don't you think having a diverse midfield is far more balanced than having the same 2 or 3 midfielders that function pretty much the same? I certainly do.

For me, Hendo is currently first choice in a midfield 3 (preferably as an 8!) , but in a double 6, not for me. Wijnaldum is the better player for me, sorry. But does that make me a hater? Does that make me not understand the role or have an issue with Hendo?
      « Last Edit: Feb 08, 2019 10:45:30 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #146: Feb 08, 2019 09:59:11 pm
      Last saturday game till April,Spion kop 1906 lads calling for get in early get behind the lads will it work? Or are the sitting on their hands,big day out in the majority now and not checking the fans forums/twitter accounts? Not sure if i'm out for a pub watch,morning call i guess.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #147: Feb 08, 2019 10:30:34 pm
      Serious question, how many times has Klopp played that trio? I actually don't recall seeing that setup. It's either, Wijnaldum & Hendo, Fabinho & Wijnaldum or Fabinho & Fabinho & Hendo with Keita or Milner for that 3rd midfield spot. However, I do  think Klopp sees those 3 as our key midfielders.

And walton, why do you and Swab get so defensive over Henderson and attack people with the same old sh*t who don't rate him as highly? Maybe you should ponder on why people consider Wijnaldum to be the better player? Don't you think having a diverse midfield is far more balanced than having the same 2 or 3 midfielders that function pretty much the same? I certainly do.

For me, Hendo is currently first choice in a midfield 3 (preferably as an 8!) , but in a double 6, not for me. Wijnaldum is the better player for me, sorry. But does that make me a hater? Does that make me not understand the role or have an issue with Hendo?

Wasting your time with some on here Klopp like all astute coaches will pick his midfield combination dependant on the opposition so this Henderson is first choice is only in the imagination of those who go to bed with a Henderson doll.

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #148: Feb 08, 2019 11:20:00 pm
      Following all the contradictory selections, and the reasons for such above, I wanna ask one question.
      Whatever happened to the gengen press ?
      I realise Klopp has gone a bit more passive and is better structured defensively, well until recently anyway, but I’m sure if we pressed teams a bit more like we did last season, we’d have more ball in better spaces. Doesn’t have to be flat out like we were, but at least put sides under pressure. We seem to give them too much room to operate in when we lose possession.
      Can we change that, and go back to winning the ballot back in the opponents half, instead of last ditch tackles around our box.
      Think we’ve gone too far the other way regarding the lack of press.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #149: Feb 08, 2019 11:34:03 pm

And definitely three central midfielders.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #150: Feb 09, 2019 10:40:04 am
      C'mon boys, could be doing with the 3 points today :)

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #151: Feb 09, 2019 11:09:55 am
      Come on lads. 3 points is a must.

Take us back to the Top, where we belong!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #152: Feb 09, 2019 11:35:33 am
      Match day the Sun is shining windy as hell though. Hopefully Jürgen will get them back to playing heavy metal football today we have looked timid of late but have come through a difficult period joint top with a game in hand...WOW!!!!.
      Time to press on now.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #153: Feb 09, 2019 11:51:33 am
      Tik Tok..

Can’t wait for kick off..
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #154: Feb 09, 2019 11:54:30 am
      Tik Tok..

Can’t wait for kick off..

Hopefully Fulham can pull off an upset first, then PSG followed by Chelsea winning "bigly", get Manure down in the dumps again before they face us.

Actually Chelsea could really do us two big favours, first beating or drawing to Citeh, which I actually fancy them to do, and then knocking Manure off cloud 9.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #155: Feb 09, 2019 12:18:12 pm
      Serious question, how many times has Klopp played that trio? I actually don't recall seeing that setup. It's either, Wijnaldum & Hendo, Fabinho & Wijnaldum or Fabinho & Hendo with Keita or Milner for that 3rd midfield spot. However, I do  think Klopp sees those 3 as our key midfielders.

Why do you feel the need to misrepresent what I said?

It wasn't defensive in any way, shape or form.
      It was a simple statement of fact; Henderson is a nailed on starter providing certain conditions are met. Namely that he's not injured and isn't being rested.
      Why do you have a problem with people expressing that?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #156: Feb 09, 2019 12:24:03 pm
      Hopefully Fulham can pull off an upset first, then PSG followed by Chelsea winning "bigly", get Manure down in the dumps again before they face us.

Actually Chelsea could really do us two big favours, first beating or drawing to Citeh, which I actually fancy them to do, and then knocking Manure off cloud 9.

Not F***ing arsed about united at the moment
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,965 posts | 1355 
      Reply #157: Feb 09, 2019 01:02:02 pm
      These games are obviously crucial. If we don't start putting away these teams, put them to the sword then there's sod all down for us. 4 points dropped in the last two games and it's not as if we were hard done by.

Got to pepper the Bournemouth goal, create real pressure. Of late there seems to be a reluctance to shoot from outside the box. Every single attack trying to weave a path.Got to mix it up, also spread the play.

Put them away without a sniff, anything less will breed further uncertainty.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #158: Feb 09, 2019 01:07:52 pm
      Anfield needs to do it's part too. The Kop has been too quite. The players obviously need to give them something to cheer them on but we're 2nd in the league with a game in hand.

We need to work together! YNWA
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #159: Feb 09, 2019 01:25:43 pm
      Not f**king arsed about united at the moment

Oh I am as its the next game in the league after Bournemouth, if we can beat them then I think it sends a hell of a message to the chasing pack.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #160: Feb 09, 2019 02:00:57 pm
      Lineups out yet?

Quick Reply