Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

The title race: Call it

Read 44992 times
      Kopite78
      Re: The title race: Call it
      Reply #161: Feb 13, 2019 11:37:03 am
      Can't see anyone beating City maybe united can take a point of them that's if they can be bothered trying

And I'm sure you couldn't see Palace Newcastle or Leicester beating them

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,532 posts | 3903 
      Reply #162: Feb 13, 2019 11:37:08 am
      Can't see anyone beating City maybe united can take a point of them that's if they can be bothered trying

I kind of feel the same way but at the same time Wolves, Newcastle, Palace and Leicester have all taken points off them. It could happen again!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,495 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #163: Feb 13, 2019 11:56:12 am
      With the way they dealt with Chelsea the other night can you really envisage they not winning their remaining games..?
      I can't put six pass Chelsea and was not really try after the fourth when in. City could have made it 8 goals plus if they had really tried....
      Said here before that City is a team with the bit between their teeth... They believe the title is their's, and that they "will" win ever game to prove that...

That Belief will either see them lift the Title, or I am hopping will be their downfall, but I believe City will Be Champions again this season...

Klopp has done wonders considering how average our bench is. That is were we will need to strengthen if we want to challenge for the title next season

City will drop points, as they are still in all 4 comps, the squad is very good, but it will be tested, and I expect them to drop points in a few more league games, maybe to teams scrapping in relegation fight.

They have annoyed me this season, the fukin cup draws have been kind to them, now the games they have are getting tougher.

But at the end of the day, we know we can win the league if we win all our games, and draw just the 1 (as it stands).

Actually buzzing about the Manc game, I think PSG showed last night the Manc defense is still crap, be awesome if we skud them by 3 or 4 to go top again. ;-)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #164: Feb 13, 2019 12:41:36 pm
      I kind of feel the same way but at the same time Wolves, Newcastle, Palace and Leicester have all taken points off them. It could happen again!

& it will..
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #165: Feb 13, 2019 12:58:48 pm
      With the way they dealt with Chelsea the other night can you really envisage they not winning their remaining games..?
      I can't put six pass Chelsea and was not really try after the fourth when in. City could have made it 8 goals plus if they had really tried....
      Said here before that City is a team with the bit between their teeth... They believe the title is their's, and that they "will" win ever game to prove that...

That Belief will either see them lift the Title, or I am hopping will be their downfall, but I believe City will Be Champions again this season...

Klopp has done wonders considering how average our bench is. That is were we will need to strengthen if we want to challenge for the title next season

Can you explain their losses to Palace, Newcastle and Leicester, does that make any sense to you at all? How about their loss to Chelsea earlier in the season?
      People are getting way to carried away about Citeh's win against Chelsea, in many respects our win against Bournemouth was more impressive as Bournemouth played much better than Chelsea did, our 5-1 against Arsenal was certainly more impressive.

Citeh WILL drop points in the run in, so will we but I predict that Citeh will not win 3 more points than us, unless we have a real injury nightmare.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #166: Feb 13, 2019 01:05:42 pm
      City will drop points, as they are still in all 4 comps, the squad is very good, but it will be tested, and I expect them to drop points in a few more league games, maybe to teams scrapping in relegation fight.

They have annoyed me this season, the fukin cup draws have been kind to them, now the games they have are getting tougher.

But at the end of the day, we know we can win the league if we win all our games, and draw just the 1 (as it stands).

Actually buzzing about the Manc game, I think PSG showed last night the Manc defense is still crap, be awesome if we skud them by 3 or 4 to go top again. ;-)

Manure loosing last night was vital, as they were really on a high, if the chavs can beat knock them out of the FA Cup this weekend then the mutterings will start again. They have a good attack but so do we but where I think we are much stronger is in midfield and defence.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #167: Feb 13, 2019 02:44:33 pm
      Can you explain their losses to Palace, Newcastle and Leicester, does that make any sense to you at all? How about their loss to Chelsea earlier in the season?

It's Football sh*t happens sometimes...
      Can you explain how we did not beat Leicester and West Ham, only beat Brighton 1-0 not once but twice ..?

As for the lose earlier to Chelsea Chelsea was showing title challenging form back then... 6-0, and they did not even have their foot down for the majority of the game

People are getting way to carried away about Citeh's win against Chelsea, in many respects our win against Bournemouth was more impressive as Bournemouth played much better than Chelsea did, our 5-1 against Arsenal was certainly more impressive.
      I'll say that the Arsenal one was impressive, but Bournemouth...??

IT only impress most here because of how poor we were against West Ham, but I never, ever believed that we would lose to Bournemouth, that was never in doubt...

Citeh WILL drop points in the run in, so will we but I predict that Citeh will not win 3 more points than us, unless we have a real injury nightmare.
      We can also drop points, I just can't see City dropping as many especially how they are playing at present
      Kopite78
      Reply #168: Feb 13, 2019 02:51:12 pm
      Can you explain how we did not beat Leicester and West Ham, only beat Brighton 1-0 not once but twice ..?

As for the lose earlier to Chelsea Chelsea was showing title challenging form back then... 6-0, and they did not even have their foot down for the majority of the game

IT only impress most here because of how poor we were against West Ham, but I never, ever believed that we would lose to Bournemouth, that was never in doubt...
      We can also drop points, I just can't see City dropping as many especially how they are playing at present

How they're playing at present?

Last 10 league games they've lost 3

Last 10 league games we have won more points than them

Glass half full or glass half empty? You've thrown your F***ing glass away and cut off your water supply
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #169: Feb 13, 2019 03:13:36 pm

The point I'm making about Bournemouth is that in the game they played against us, which we dominated from start to finish and could easily have scored 7 or 8 with a bit more luck, they played better than Chelsea did against Citeh. Yes Citeh were good but Chelsea let them be good, Chelsea were terrible in that game so don't read to much into it.
      You admit that sh*t happens in football yet you think that no sh*t will happen to Citeh for the remaining games this season, that's a bit contradictory.
      In the draws which we had against Leicester and West Ham we played poorly, whilst they both played very well, but we were hampered by key injuries and also the conditions. The key thing though is that despite playing badly we still got draws whereas Citeh slightly off form lost their games, that to my mind gives us an advantage. There have been other scrappy performances by us but crucially we have been finding ways to win, that is the key difference and what I think gives us the advantage, plus the fact that Citeh will become distracted by the other cups they are in.
      RedKop114
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts |
      Reply #170: Feb 13, 2019 03:41:25 pm
      I think that we will win the Premier League, but it's going to be a tight race until the end.
      IrishRed86
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 150 posts | 37 
      Reply #171: Feb 13, 2019 04:29:49 pm
      We can win it...I don’t think we can afford to loose at OT...

If I had to call it now I’ll say we will win it by a point. And then beat City in the champions league final on penalties :)
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #172: Feb 13, 2019 10:36:43 pm
      How they're playing at present?

Last 10 league games they've lost 3

Last 10 league games we have won more points than them

Glass half full or glass half empty? You've thrown your f**king glass away and cut off your water supply

Yet they are only 3 points behind
      Kopite78
      Reply #173: Feb 13, 2019 10:39:25 pm

They're level

And you were the one on about their recent form
      CT_LFC

• 6,798 posts | 1398 
      Reply #174: Feb 14, 2019 12:13:35 am

Outside of depth for the front 3, our bench is fantastic this season, not that i expect a clown troll like you to understand.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,650 posts | 480 
      Reply #175: Feb 14, 2019 08:51:57 am
      They are only 3 points behind yet?

Remember when we were 2 points behind them? Oh, you don't? Because that doesn't fit your narrative.

Being negative for the sake of being negative. :Facepalm:
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #176: Feb 15, 2019 08:32:00 am
      Quote from heimdall
      ...against Citeh...Yes Citeh...Citeh...Citeh... Citeh...

Just out of curiosity, is that the spelling of their name in your country?

Quote from IrishRed86
      We can win it...I don’t think we can afford to loose at OT...

At worst we'll be joint top, so the league is neither won nor lost. There are still 22 games to play by the title contenders until May, with all sorts of obstacles in the way.
      Scottbot

• 9,592 posts | 2153 
      Reply #177: Feb 15, 2019 08:52:28 am
      I don't think people should be jumped on if they don't think we will win it, it's a perfectly reasonable opinion to have given the talent in this city team and the fact we have been here before a few times the last 20 years and conspired to blow it every time.

My biggest worry isn't necessarily that we don't win it is year but what happens if we don't. In 08-09 and again in 2014 we simply fell apart the following season, lost some of our best players and dropped back into the pack (or not even into the pack).

The most important thing is keeping this squad together for a few seasons and to continue adding to it in the coming years.

We are probably back in the underdog position again now which suits us better I think. I think it's important we get something from toilet in our next EPL game otherwise it is suddenly in city's hands (given their GD) to win the title.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #178: Feb 15, 2019 09:01:34 am
      With a fully fit squad I'd say we'd be running away with it at this stage. The injuries are a big problem in terms of squad depth, but we're still plugging away even with those injuries.
      There's no reason why we can't at least match City point for point until end of the season. 🥇🇲🇨🇲🇨🇲🇨
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #179: Feb 15, 2019 10:44:03 am
      You sir are a clown!

26 league games with only 1 loss and a total of 65 points is nothing short of outstanding.

Did I say it was  not good? Calm down. You call me a clown because I think City is a better side than us? Or because I said Klopp F up on two occasions for absolutely no reason. We made two draws in these games when it was clear that we could win... We just needed the right changes and mentality. Mistakes are mistakes even if we all make them. Klopp made some and I hope they won't matter at the end of the season.
      Kopite78
      Reply #180: Feb 15, 2019 10:45:51 am
      Did I say it was  not good? Calm down. You call me a clown because I think City is a better side than us? Or because I said Klopp F up on two occasions for absolutely no reason. We made two draws in these games when it was clear that we could win... We just needed the right changes and mentality. Mistakes are mistakes even if we all make them. Klopp made some and I hope they won't matter at the end of the season.

🤡
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #181: Feb 15, 2019 10:57:15 am

what about your hero Pep he has fu**ed up more than Jürgen this season. Its difficult to see what exactly your motivation for posting is.
      Why would any Liverpool supporter (so called) say City are a better team than us its just weird when the evidence in the form of a league table suggests otherwise
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #182: Feb 15, 2019 12:45:06 pm
      what about your hero Pep he has fu**ed up more than Jürgen this season. Its difficult to see what exactly your motivation for posting is.
      Why would any Liverpool supporter (so called) say City are a better team than us its just weird when the evidence in the form of a league table suggests otherwise

Indeed. Losses to Newcastle, Leicester and Crystal Palace - all bottom half teams - seem to slip people's mind when creaming over City's gazillion pound team. Bizarre, especially given it comes from "our fans". Only one narrow loss away to current champions, being the most consistent team in the land this season, plus the league position, suggests we are the best team in the league...but it's frustrating when "fans" glare admiringly over the fence instead of being excited at what's being built at home.

Tragic.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,002 posts | 3350 
      Reply #183: Feb 15, 2019 01:51:51 pm
      Hopefully to give you all some belief that we will beat United, here's a little run for you all.

Our last 15 visits to Old Trafford, in the League, have followed the same sequence.

Our 15th most recent visit was a win but the next four failures, our 10th most recent visit was a win but the next four failures, our 5th most recent visit was a win followed by four failures. So it's time we get a win. (and we can buck the sequence with back-to-back wins at Old Trafford next season)

Quick Reply