Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

The title race: Call it

Read 45121 times
      storophanthus
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 308 posts | 16 
      Re: The title race: Call it
      Reply #253: Feb 19, 2019 07:32:33 am
      After that two successive draw and city took full points the hard fixtures, I'm feeling it fades away.

Good for those optimists, but I don't think I can take it anymore, if we're gonna failed again to win it this year.

It was hurt in 2009,  it was hurt in 2014, so to minimise the impact for this year, I'm going to keep myself chill out for my own health.

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #254: Feb 19, 2019 08:17:34 am
      While it is  always nice to get 3 points by playing good football most supporters will not give a sh*te as long as we get the 3 points.
      Would rather us play bad and get the win , than see us play well and lose ,while we all want to see champagne football all that matters at this stage is three in the bag , if we had to play scruffy and win a few one nil goin in off someone’s arse I’d take it now , we played the champagne stuff 2014 came second with it .
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #255: Feb 19, 2019 08:38:50 am
      After that two successive draw and city took full points the hard fixtures, I'm feeling it fades away.

Good for those optimists, but I don't think I can take it anymore, if we're gonna failed again to win it this year.

It was hurt in 2009,  it was hurt in 2014, so to minimise the impact for this year, I'm going to keep myself chill out for my own health.

In those 2 draws that we had City lost one and won the other, ie they gained 1 point overall on us. OH NO WE'RE DOOMED!!!

After watching Man Utd yesterday against Chelsea I think we can beat them, they scored 2 good goals but they were a lot more down to crap Chelsea defending than great Man Utd attacking.

If we can beat Utd on Sunday then I fancy us to win the league.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #256: Feb 19, 2019 09:11:32 am

It was hurt in 2009,  it was hurt in 2014, so to minimize the impact for this year, I'm going to keep myself chill out for my own health.

Were still top of the league on points with a game in hand. When we beat the mancs and put a stop to their revival on sunday, we will be 3 clear again. ;-)

Positivity.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #257: Feb 19, 2019 10:38:11 am
      We shall not yield..

City will slip...
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #258: Feb 19, 2019 10:45:37 am
      We shall not yield..

City will slip...

Up the f***in’ reds Shabs
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #259: Feb 19, 2019 10:48:54 am
      Up the f***in’ reds Shabs

Indeed mate, hate all this negativity and pessimism...
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #260: Feb 19, 2019 10:52:54 am

Especially when we’re watching a season  (statistically) that’s only one point off the greatest that the world’s greatest club has EVER achieved.

We bow to no fuckers.

This is our home. Not just Anfield. The field of play wherever we are.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #261: Feb 19, 2019 12:44:37 pm
      While it is  always nice to get 3 points by playing good football most supporters will not give a sh*te as long as we get the 3 points.
      Playing well is not just about winning, You can play well and still end up losing or drawing, It is more about being consistant, showing that we have a team that is going places and can attract players like Christian Pulisic over teams like Chelsea because we are going places, and not having them chose teams like Chelsea because of the wages they will be paid... Teams like Barca, Real, Bayern are regarded as places players want to go, and teams like City,Utd Chelsea,Juve' all to a lesser extent, because they art consistent on the pitch and win titles and Cups consistently...

Yes there have been time this season were we have played poorly and won games, and yes in a title race it is important to be able to do that, but there as also been games were we have won by two goals where we were faltered by the score line

While Klopp is build a side that can do this we must be showing the  players we want that we can consistently play well if we hope to compete in  signing Top Class player....

Watching the FC Cup game yesterday and there were a few things said about Chelsea by Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, But the thing that real struck a note with me in regards to Liverpool this season was when he said that Chelsea was winning the ball high up the pitch in a good attack position; then turning around and passing it backward just to keep possession going and the chance of hitting them on the break is gone... Seems like us most of the season
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #262: Feb 19, 2019 12:49:53 pm

After watching Man Utd yesterday against Chelsea I think we can beat them, they scored 2 good goals but they were a lot more down to crap Chelsea defending than great Man Utd attacking.

If we can beat Utd on Sunday then I fancy us to win the league.
      Yes Chelsea defending was Crap, but up until the first goal when in who do you think was going to win the game..?

The second goal I felt that the keeper should have stopped it. His wrist was to weak

Also Utd defended really well
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #263: Feb 19, 2019 12:53:23 pm
      Playing well is not just about winning, You can play well and still end up losing or drawing, It is more about being consistant, showing that we have a team that is going places and can attract players like Christian Pulisic over teams like Chelsea because we are going places, and not having them chose teams like Chelsea because of the wages they will be paid... Teams like Barca, Real, Bayern are regarded as places players want to go, and teams like City,Utd Chelsea,Juve' all to a lesser extent, because they art consistent on the pitch and win titles and Cups consistently...

Dude, we only lost 1 game...& if you think we don’t attract top quality players then I don’t know what you think of Salah,Allison,Virgil,Mane,Bobby,Robbo,Ox,Fabinho,Gini,Kieta,Robertson are quality wise, they could have gone to any other club but chose us..

Under Klopp, we have been consistent in reaching finals & that little added quality will see us over the line..
      Kopite78
      Reply #264: Feb 19, 2019 12:54:19 pm

Yes there have been time this season were we have played poorly and won games, and yes in a title race it is important to be able to do that, but there as also been games were we have won by two goals where we were faltered by the score line

While Klopp is build a side that can do this we must be showing the  players we want that we can consistently play well if we hope to compete in  signing Top Class player....

Watching the FC Cup game yesterday and there were a few things said about Chelsea by Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, But the thing that real struck a note with me in regards to Liverpool this season was when he said that Chelsea was winning the ball high up the pitch in a good attack position; then turning around and passing it backward just to keep possession going and the chance of hitting them on the break is gone... Seems like us most of the season

We didn't get Pulisic because we didn't want him.
      Again I can't read your posts without almost breaking into a giggle

You don't half talk some sh*te you

Honest to god pure as the driven snow sh*te
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #265: Feb 19, 2019 12:56:32 pm

some people always look on the dark side of life so when things go wrong they can say " see I told you so". We should be massively upbeat now far more than any other time for a generation . Everyone and I do mean everyone should be totally behind Jürgen and the boys now  and stop all this negative crap COME ON YOU REDS.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #266: Feb 19, 2019 01:14:40 pm

Dude, we only lost 1 game...& if you think we don’t attract top quality players then I don’t know what you think of Salah,Allison,Virgil,Mane,Bobby,Robbo,Ox,Fabinho,Gini,Kieta,Robertson are quality wise, they could have gone to any other club but chose us..

Under Klopp, we have been consistent in reaching finals & that little added quality will see us over the line..

this.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #267: Feb 19, 2019 01:15:26 pm
      some people always look on the dark side of life so when things go wrong they can say " see I told you so". We should be massively upbeat now far more than any other time for a generation . Everyone and I do mean everyone should be totally behind Jürgen and the boys now  and stop all this negative crap COME ON YOU REDS.

and this.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #268: Feb 19, 2019 10:24:53 pm
      We didn't get Pulisic because we didn't want him.

You keep telling yourself that  :roll:
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #269: Feb 19, 2019 10:28:49 pm

I imagine he will. What with it being true and all  :roll:
      Nox
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 351 posts | 21 
      Reply #270: Feb 20, 2019 12:04:15 am
      Odds are against us but I am hoping for once we pull a rabbit out of some magic hat or some sh*t
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #271: Feb 20, 2019 08:22:22 pm
      Even if it went against us v the reinvented Scum we are still level with less games to play.

No rabbits no hats    ye of little faith.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #272: Feb 20, 2019 08:39:50 pm
      Even if it went against us v the reinvented Scum we are still level with less games to play.

No rabbits no hats    ye of little faith.

Exactimundo
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #273: Feb 20, 2019 08:42:42 pm
      Winning on sunday will not give us the title losing on sunday will not give City the title plenty of twists and turns to come. The last 6 to 8 games are the real important ones
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #274: Feb 20, 2019 08:47:07 pm
      Odds are against us but I am hoping for once we pull a rabbit out of some magic hat or some sh*t

Show me these odds
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #275: Feb 20, 2019 10:15:05 pm
      After watching lpool last night and City tonight I must say the pace in that city side is unreal. There getting luck with injuries too a full squad to pick from. I think Liverpool will need to win all there games bar one draw as I can't see who will take points off city. I'm hope to god I'm wrong. We need to step it up now from last night's performance.

Quick Reply