Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

The title race: Call it

Read 45436 times
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Re: Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #391: Mar 04, 2019 02:53:57 pm
      What? Just because I don't fuuuuking take this stupid 'all is fine attitude' or 'if we had been given this position at start of season would have taken it'. You are the fuuuuking tosser.

"The sky is falling and everybody should be as miserable as I am"
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,322 posts | 279 
      Reply #392: Mar 04, 2019 03:02:14 pm
      It ain't over but I'm not confident we'll do it now, haven't been for the last month tbh but apparently this has been our second best league season ever up to now, that's unbelievable when you consider the teams we've had. I'm not knocking the lads they've done really well this season but we are up against a far stronger squad in City. They are a horrible club that have ruined football completely, Chelsea half ruined but they've finished the job.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,988 posts | 238 
      Reply #393: Mar 04, 2019 03:08:52 pm
      Like Chris Sutton says, the players are not bottling it. It is the supporters who are bottling it.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,988 posts | 238 
      Reply #394: Mar 04, 2019 03:11:07 pm
      Troops ... listen up .

Are the Scum going to rollover for City?
      Don't think so .
      At best they should get a draw out of the game ....which puts us back top.

Two of our hardest games against bitter (scuse the pun) rivals back to back ...except for Watford ...are now behind us.

They'll now have the nerves ...now we are the chasers.

And, City have to go to Palace. The Owl has pulled a few over Pep and that game may not be easy at all.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #395: Mar 04, 2019 03:14:46 pm
      Like Chris Sutton says, the players are not bottling it. It is the supporters who are bottling it.

Need more pyro’s

Where’s Huyton Red... you like reading post of such positive take not sh*t supporters.. 9 games to go..being on top always has a negative pressure, maintaining it is very hard, no PL team has won back to back titles in the PL era & I don’t think City have won a title being on top throughout the season..
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,534 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #396: Mar 04, 2019 03:18:15 pm
      Hands up who would've taken the position we are now at the start of the season? 27 points to play for and we're only 1 behind, it ain't over.

Spot on.

Yesterday was a decent draw in the grand scheme of things.

lots to play for.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,988 posts | 238 
      Reply #397: Mar 04, 2019 03:34:38 pm
      Need more pyro’s

Where’s Huyton Red... you like reading post of such positive take not sh*t supporters.. 9 games to go..being on top always has a negative pressure, maintaining it is very hard, no PL team has won back to back titles in the PL era & I don’t think City have won a title being on top throughout the season..

We are performing at a very high level. In the 14/15, 15/16, 16/17 seasons, the winner had won 26, 23, 30 of their total games . The difference in points between the winner and the runner up has been 8, 10, 7 points respectively.

Last season City won 32 games with a gap of 19 points between them and the runner up. Even if City were to win their remaining 9 games, it takes their tally to 32 games. This is the level they reached last season when there was no pressure on them from United to win all their games. It need not be the same when they are missing a few key players and more importantly only a point separating them and us.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #398: Mar 04, 2019 03:51:43 pm
      They will according to some of us (not talking about you if you’re reading this though). I wonder why they think this way and refuse to recognise that it’s still mathematically possible to steal it. So much for not having any confidence in our lads. The best thing is, fans having no confidence in them lads is the last thing they need.

I think this along with “we should have been on (29 games x 3 points) 87 points and 20 points ahead of City’s on 67 points (chalking off 4 points from their current tally because we should have won them?)” is the fastest way for both you and meself to get into a severe depression.

Both are self fulfilling prophecies. No wonder it rubbed off them lads.

Anything is mathematically possible... Using a line from JFK (The Movie) "Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang off a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy!"... It is not about what is possible, but about what is likely
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #399: Mar 04, 2019 04:23:49 pm
      Anything is mathematically possible... Using a line from JFK (The Movie) "Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang off a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy!"... It is not about what is possible, but about what is likely

'Theoretical physics' is a bit different to mathematics though isn't it. Numbers are cut and dry, until we mathematically can't catch City, then it's not over. Shall we just throw in the towel now because City are going to win every remaining game? If you're talking about likeliness a.k.a probability, then it's very unlikely that they'll win all of their remaining games.
      CT_LFC

• 6,809 posts | 1402 
      Reply #400: Mar 04, 2019 04:35:03 pm
      Woke up today as bummed as i was when i went to bed. Just a really shitty feeling that our collapse is complete and have taken the title out of our control and into City's. Does not mean we won't win it because twists and turns are likely to happen between now and the end of the game against Wolves on May 12th, but to see us just hand control over to City from our shitty performances is just painful to watch.

Probably won't be around much for the next simply because the usual suspects are likely having a field day complaining about everything and making this board unreadable.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,021 posts | 528 
      Reply #401: Mar 04, 2019 04:44:07 pm
      Obviously, it's an internet forum. And a football fans one. So everything gets kind of polarised. The truth is somewhere in between the 2 main lines of thought on this thread.

On the one hand, it is definitely not over. City almost certainly will drop points. Probably in 2 or 3 games, not just 1. So we are still right in the hunt.

On the other hand, our form needs to improve. We are throwing in too many mediocre performances in amongst the good ones right now, and we do need to get that sorted to win the title.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #402: Mar 04, 2019 04:50:54 pm
      Yesterday was really disappointing, I may have said some things in anger in the heat of the moment which I am sure we have all been guilty of.

While I maintain that the decisions made by Klopp cost us, I do not for a second think the race for the title is over, not by any stretch of the imagination. Man City now have the pressure back on them and throughout the season it seems when this is the case we come off the better. 

I hope that the players feel the pressure lifted off their shoulders somewhat as we are now the chasers and not the ones being chased, we need to find our rhythm again and let City know we are going to be on their tails the whole time and when they let us in, we take advantage. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter if we are top next week or the week after, just that we are at the end of the season!

We can still do this, come on you reds!

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #403: Mar 04, 2019 04:52:28 pm
      The underdog tag suits us fine..right us off at your own peril..
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #404: Mar 04, 2019 06:06:01 pm
      Yesterday was really disappointing, I may have said some things in anger in the heat of the moment which I am sure we have all been guilty of.

While I maintain that the decisions made by Klopp cost us, I do not for a second think the race for the title is over, not by any stretch of the imagination. Man City now have the pressure back on them and throughout the season it seems when this is the case we come off the better. 

I hope that the players feel the pressure lifted off their shoulders somewhat as we are now the chasers and not the ones being chased, we need to find our rhythm again and let City know we are going to be on their tails the whole time and when they let us in, we take advantage. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter if we are top next week or the week after, just that we are at the end of the season!

We can still do this, come on you reds!

No offense, but saying Klopp's decisions "cost us" is just nonsense.

Until you have the same information Klopp does, have coached the team in tactics for a match, have access to the players medical records, and have seen them every day in training, you're just a bloke on the internet making a wild guess.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      Reply #405: Mar 04, 2019 06:08:56 pm
      No offense, but saying Klopp's decisions "cost us" is just nonsense.

Until you have the same information Klopp does, have coached the team in tactics for a match, have access to the players medical records, and have seen them every day in training, you're just a bloke on the internet making a wild guess.

That's fine by me, this bloke on the internet thinks Klopps decisions cost us. Love the fact that's all you took away from my post.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #406: Mar 04, 2019 06:20:00 pm
      As always perspective the day after a lame performance.

VVD was incredible, we need to win the league if only to keep him ffs.

Its out of our hands, which probably suits our players who since we played City have looked like leading was not really them. experienced, pressure ? or just not good enough?

Pep has never chased down a title and won, we might have given him that chance, but they are grinding out wins and not blowing teams away every week - we just dont don't to the 1-0s do we.

I don't know where you got the notion that we have to win the league to keep VVD.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #407: Mar 04, 2019 06:24:09 pm
      That's fine by me, this bloke on the internet thinks Klopps decisions cost us. Love the fact that's all you took away from my post.

Cool, so there's at least something you love in life.

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      Reply #408: Mar 04, 2019 06:27:00 pm
      Cool, so there's at least something you love in life.

Haha good one, don't forget the love I have for criticising Hendo and Klopp.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #409: Mar 04, 2019 06:30:59 pm
      Haha good one, don't forget the love I have for criticising Hendo and Klopp.

Wasn't it.

An even better one would be getting behind the team, and given Klopp's possession of mountains of information more than you (or any of us) have at our disposal, you might occasionally stop to think that he knows more about every single situation.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #410: Mar 04, 2019 06:35:56 pm
      'Theoretical physics' is a bit different to mathematics though isn't it. Numbers are cut and dry, until we mathematically can't catch City, then it's not over. Shall we just throw in the towel now because City are going to win every remaining game? If you're talking about likeliness a.k.a probability, then it's very unlikely that they'll win all of their remaining games.
      You missed the point...
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      Reply #411: Mar 04, 2019 06:38:56 pm
      Wasn't it.

An even better one would be getting behind the team, and given Klopp's possession of mountains of information more than you (or any of us) have at our disposal, you might occasionally stop to think that he knows more about every single situation.

FFS, it is like you and Walton are twins.

I support the team, that post was predominantly me stating how I think we are still in the race and have it all to play for, your negative ass took the post out of context and turned it into a negative post.

Klopp obviously knows more than me, I give him credit where it's due, bringing on Shaqiri against the mancs, playing Mane through the middle, playing Milner against Watford etc.

Sometimes Klopp makes mistakes and as fans when this happens we can point it out and I think just because you refuse to point it out or even admit they are mistakes in the first place or could be deemed as such it doesn't make you any better a fan than me, I think you need to occasionally stop to think about that instead.
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #412: Mar 04, 2019 06:42:35 pm
      For a bit of fun... (I know it never works out like this)

Our fixtures
      Burnley (H) - should be easy
      Fulham (A) - should be easy
      Tottenham (H) - difficult
      Southampton (A) - should be easy
      Chelsea (H) - difficult
      Cardiff (A) - should be easy
      Huddersfield (H) - should be easy
      Newcastle (A) - can be tricky
      Wolves (H) - should be easy

Their fixtures
      Watford (H) - should be easy
      Fulham (A) - should be easy
      Cardiff (H) - should be easy
      Crystal Palace (A) - can be tricky
      Tottenham (H) - difficult
      Man United (A) - difficult

Burnley (A) - should be easy
      Leicester (H) - should be easy
      Brighton (A) - should be easy

You may disagree but I think the ones highlighted will be the ones we see points dropping from either side.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #413: Mar 04, 2019 06:43:44 pm
      FFS, it is like you and Walton are twins.

I support the team, that post was predominantly me stating how I think we are still in the race and have it all to play for, your negative ass took the post out of context and turned it into a negative post.

Klopp obviously knows more than me, I give him credit where it's due, bringing on Shaqiri against the mancs, playing Mane through the middle, playing Milner against Watford etc.

Sometimes Klopp makes mistakes and as fans when this happens we can point it out and I think just because you refuse to point it out or even admit they are mistakes in the first place or could be deemed as such it doesn't make you any better a fan than me, I think you need to occasionally stop to think about that instead.

Unless you have all the same information that Klopp does, you can't possibly say anything is a mistake.
      It's just a guess.

This is why I rarely post on team selection; it's just guesswork.

For all you know, Shaqiri is still having issues with his abdominal injury, and Keita is not fully recovered from the virus he had.
      Like when people were saying that VVD had lost form, when the reality was, he'd lost a load of weight because of illness.

Are you starting to see yet, why Klopp having all the information that you don't have makes a difference?

Quick Reply