Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The title race: Call it

Read 44591 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #437: Mar 04, 2019 09:58:15 pm
      Hey, RC9! Any sensible intelligent person can see it wasn't you suggesting you know more, but merely an opinion that suggests you feel there were other options Klopp could have chose that maybe could have won the game. It's no different to people questioning Klopp's selection or tactics when we lose or draw!!

Also, for future posters out there, don't feel the need to go and spy at Melwood everyday and steal medical records so you can post an opinion on the forums, you are more than welcome to voice them so we can all discuss/debate football stuff!!

^^^
      That
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #438: Mar 04, 2019 09:58:37 pm
      :laugh:
      Saying "the manager got it wrong and cost us the game" is not an opinion, it is a definitive statement.
      A sensible, intelligent person would know the difference, so I guess by your own words, that pretty much rules you out.

A sensible intelligent person would also say "I wonder why he made that decision", rather than "he made the wrong decision" when the person does not have all the facts at their disposal.

A sensible intelligent person would pay attention to injuries and illness, such as the weight VVD lost during his illness, and note that as a contributory factor, instead of saying "he's lost his form" or any of the other nonsense that was posted.

But carry on trying to score points by playing to the gallery.
      Phil Neville loves that.

Jeez. Let it go dude. Pretty much everything on here is an opinion and doesn’t need to be prefixed with “in my opinion”. Let’s not get bogged down on literature.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #439: Mar 05, 2019 06:26:42 am
      I have been thinking that not signing fekir in summer may have cost us few points and this is not a jab at pro owners camp.

Doesn't matter whose decision it was, but having fekir in the team would have helped more then having money in the bank.

I know about the knee, but as I see it. Signing fekir was a risk. A risk we didn't take. When you think about it, every signing is a risk. Signing vvd and Allison was a huge risk too.

All I am saying that we have had too many draws this season, a attacking minded player would have helped us a lot. You can see that our front three have a lot of pressure on their shoulders and they struggle against a well drilled defence.

Now what if we had fekir to bring on to create some magic then Lallana or origi.
      Ox will be returning soon but he will need time to settle and get in form. I keep thinking what may have been.

I'm not giving on the title, just saying it would have been easier with him in the squad. That I dont think anyone can argue against.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #440: Mar 05, 2019 07:17:55 am
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47449256

Must say a lot when people like Ince and Sutton are saying we aren’t bottling it

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #441: Mar 05, 2019 07:21:20 am
      I have been thinking that not signing fekir in summer may have cost us few points and this is not a jab at pro owners camp.

Doesn't matter whose decision it was, but having fekir in the team would have helped more then having money in the bank.

I know about the knee, but as I see it. Signing fekir was a risk. A risk we didn't take. When you think about it, every signing is a risk. Signing vvd and Allison was a huge risk too.

All I am saying that we have had too many draws this season, a attacking minded player would have helped us a lot. You can see that our front three have a lot of pressure on their shoulders and they struggle against a well drilled defence.

Now what if we had fekir to bring on to create some magic then Lallana or origi.
      Ox will be returning soon but he will need time to settle and get in form. I keep thinking what may have been.

I'm not giving on the title, just saying it would have been easier with him in the squad. That I dont think anyone can argue against.

Not signing Fekir was nothing to do with the owners - it was the medical staff alerting Klopp and his team who then went to Edwards to give their assessment- sign him but payments must be different and cheaper because of the knee - it was just sensible business

Remember when the club forked out millions on Aquilani ? Injured and cost us loads

We now have a management team off and on the pitch in place than make better choices

There is no doubt that if Fekirs knee was 100% and there were no concerns about his knee he would be a Liverpool player.

It’s got to be time to move on from him now
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #442: Mar 05, 2019 09:29:02 am
      Woke up today as bummed as i was when i went to bed. Just a really shitty feeling that our collapse is complete and have taken the title out of our control and into City's. Does not mean we won't win it because twists and turns are likely to happen between now and the end of the game against Wolves on May 12th, but to see us just hand control over to City from our shitty performances is just painful to watch.

Probably won't be around much for the next simply because the usual suspects are likely having a field day complaining about everything and making this board unreadable.

Well if you are going to be "bumming" everyone out with your negative vibes then yes please go.
      For F**k sake people we are 1 point behind with 9 games to go, it is ALL to play for. Since West Ham we have not been playing badly, we got 2 points against our fiercest rivals, we are relatively injury free, relatively fresh, so now we just steel ourselves for the final push, 9 victories and the title is ours because no way Citeh don't drop points in the run-in and if they should win every game then fair play to them they will have earned it!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #443: Mar 05, 2019 09:33:52 am
      For a bit of fun... (I know it never works out like this)

Our fixtures
      Burnley (H) - should be easy
      Fulham (A) - should be easy
      Tottenham (H) - difficult
      Southampton (A) - should be easy
      Chelsea (H) - difficult
      Cardiff (A) - should be easy
      Huddersfield (H) - should be easy
      Newcastle (A) - can be tricky
      Wolves (H) - should be easy

Their fixtures
      Watford (H) - should be easy
      Fulham (A) - should be easy
      Cardiff (H) - should be easy
      Crystal Palace (A) - can be tricky
      Tottenham (H) - difficult
      Man United (A) - difficult

Burnley (A) - should be easy
      Leicester (H) - should be easy
      Brighton (A) - should be easy

You may disagree but I think the ones highlighted will be the ones we see points dropping from either side.

I agree with our tricky ones although I think by the time we face Newcastle they will probably be safe and be in holiday mode, hopefully anyway, plus maybe Rafa will feel the need to rest some players ;-).
      On the Citeh front I feel that their games against Burnley, Leicester and Brighton are also potential banana skins, their run in is definitely trickier than ours.
      If we can get to the Cardiff game on maximum points, ie beating Spurs and chavs and the others, then I think its ours and if we play good positive football then we can beat both Spurs and Chavs.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #444: Mar 05, 2019 11:46:23 am
      Jeez. Let it go dude. Pretty much everything on here is an opinion and doesn’t need to be prefixed with “in my opinion”. Let’s not get bogged down on literature.

Yes, and my opinion is that making definitive statements without having all the facts is bollocks.
      It's just guess work, or posting just to say something.

Or is my opinion not allowed?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #445: Mar 05, 2019 12:02:40 pm
      The week where city play cup games and we play league games, we have maximize points and put them under P.

Apart from that, its as before take each game as it comes and try and win as may as poss.

I honestly think we can now go on a really good winning run, and see us beating Bayern.

All good, keep the positivity.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #446: Mar 05, 2019 12:30:29 pm
      The week where city play cup games and we play league games, we have maximize points and put them under P.

Apart from that, its as before take each game as it comes and try and win as may as poss.

I honestly think we can now go on a really good winning run, and see us beating Bayern.

All good, keep the positivity.

Can we go 6 points clear of City before their next PL match after the their cup games?.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #447: Mar 05, 2019 12:52:48 pm
      Serious question - was arsenal the last time we beat a ‘big’ team? It feels like ages ago.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #448: Mar 05, 2019 01:07:28 pm
      Serious question - was arsenal the last time we beat a ‘big’ team? It feels like ages ago.

19th January Chelsea 2-0
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #449: Mar 05, 2019 01:12:11 pm

You an Arsenal fan then? Knew something was up with you  :-\
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #450: Mar 05, 2019 01:13:38 pm
      Can we go 6 points clear of City before their next PL match after the their cup games?.

If we keep pace with them up to then, I think we can go 5 clear.

Need to check fixtures tho, cant remember off top of head.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #451: Mar 05, 2019 01:14:16 pm
      If we keep pace with them up to then, I think we can go 5 clear.

Need to check fixtures tho, cant remember off top of head.

That would be nice of you 👍🏼
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #452: Mar 05, 2019 01:28:28 pm
      By my reckoning, we play 31 games each, then we play Spurs on Sunday 31st March then Southampton on Friday 5th April before City play their 32nd game on Saturday 6th April. 

So yes, potential to get 5 points ahead on 5th April if we match them until then, plus win those 2 games.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #453: Mar 05, 2019 01:30:44 pm
      By my reckoning, we play 31 games each, then we play Spurs on Sunday 31st March then Southampton on Friday 5th April before City play their 32nd game on Saturday 6th April. 

So yes, potential to get 5 points ahead on 5th April if we match them until then, plus win those 2 games.

It's going to be tight.
      We're not in the best of form right now, which is a bit surprising, given the 2nd half of the season has been our best for points since Klopp came, bar a couple of blips.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #454: Mar 05, 2019 01:46:50 pm

AH. Cheers. :-)
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #455: Mar 05, 2019 01:47:26 pm

Skamp beat me too it. ;D.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #456: Mar 05, 2019 02:42:31 pm
      Sorry, I'd already got something set up with all the fixtures on so thought I'd jump in!  ;D
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #457: Mar 05, 2019 03:53:27 pm

Chelsea to come mate... not sure what you’re talking about
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #458: Mar 05, 2019 03:56:01 pm
      Sorry, I'd already got something set up with all the fixtures on so thought I'd jump in!  ;D

All good.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #459: Mar 05, 2019 04:08:03 pm
      You an Arsenal fan then? Knew something was up with you  :-\
      Don't know how me knowing this makes me an Arsenal fan... But FYI I live in Tottenham, It kind of makes it hard not to know fans of Tottenham and Arsenal, and btw there is a lot of Utd and a few Liverpool supporters here too

Edit... Miss read the original question

Me bad :-[

Quick Reply