Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

The title race: Call it

Read 44636 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      The title race: Call it
      Feb 06, 2019 10:21:23 pm
      Level on points, game in hand for us. 13 games to play 12 for them. 7 games at Anfield. 6 games at home for city

Call it now......

I predict 9 wins 4 draws for us..93 points. I predict 8 3 draws 1 loss for city. 91 poonts

The difference and the key? Old Trafford...Utd have turned the season around for themselves. Us and city both go there. We go first 3 weeks before city. I dont think well beat them but significantly I dont think well loose. City I think will. Utd are due to do them. Weve had a bad run against utd, city have had a good one and things have a funny way of being twisted by faith....and I predict utd beating city will give us the title by 2 points
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: The title race: Call it
      Reply #1: Feb 06, 2019 10:26:21 pm
      Level on points, game in hand for us. 13 games to play 12 for them. 7 games at Anfield. 6 games at home for city

Call it now......

I predict 9 wins 4 draws for us..93 points. I predict 8 3 draws 1 loss for city. 91 poonts

The difference and the key? Old Trafford...Utd have turned the season around for themselves. Us and city both go there. We go first 3 weeks before city. I dont think well beat them but significantly I dont think well loose. City I think will. Utd are due to do them. Weve had a bad run against utd, city have had a good one and things have a funny way of being twisted by faith....and I predict utd beating city will give us the title by 2 points

I really hope you are right Brother but I wouldn't put it past those Manc cu*ts to beat both of us.

I feel sick!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2: Feb 06, 2019 10:29:37 pm
      Weā€™re gonna win the league...

Thatā€™s the only call Iā€™m willing to make..
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3: Feb 06, 2019 10:46:14 pm
      Depends on Saturday and getting all our players back fit and well.

I still believe we'll win.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #4: Feb 06, 2019 11:02:54 pm
      More of a one game at a time kind of guy. Detest these sorts of threads as I do with ā€œwe are top of the leagueā€ prefer to shout that after round 38 in May.

Find most that are loudest in there are now going into a mini meltdown now.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #5: Feb 06, 2019 11:04:45 pm
      Still saying weā€™ll win it , think there will be a few twists yet , we were always Goin to have a blip we just need to get over it a bit sharpish  ,
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #6: Feb 06, 2019 11:45:27 pm
      united away is going to be horrid, ive been there 6 times before, weve won none of them.........im dreading it.........but my word if we win......
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #7: Feb 06, 2019 11:52:20 pm
      united away is going to be horrid, ive been there 6 times before, weve won none of them.........im dreading it.........but my word if we win......

If we win mate, the whole of Manchester will be hearing us, as will the rest of the world that seem to be against us, as well.

F**k all them cu*ts!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #8: Feb 07, 2019 12:27:17 am

Don't go to the next one!!!!!!
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #9: Feb 07, 2019 12:43:50 am
      Tottenham and Chelsea home won't be easy either.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #10: Feb 07, 2019 01:00:05 am

Yes. That one I'm expecting to lose. Say what you like.. but it just feels that way.

We have to win everything else. Man City will drop points though, and lose one more.
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #11: Feb 07, 2019 02:51:41 am
      I've been adamant that City have been the favorites all season.  They have more quality in every area of the pitch.  They have more quality on the bench.  Their players and manager have loads of trophies and first hand experience of what it takes to be successful on the biggest of stages.  Even though we are ahead at the moment, if I was a betting man I'd still bet on City. 

That said, we have been trending the right direction ever since Klopp took over.  The improvement from last year to this year has been immense.  Even so, we have about 7 or 8 players in the squad who are little more than deadwood -- Migs, Clyne, Moreno, Matip, Lallana, Sturridge, Origi, Markovic.  If we can replace the aforementioned deadwood with 4 or 5 players of genuine quality (similar to JĆ¼rgen's previous recruits -- Mane, Salah, Gini, VVD, Robbo, Alisson, Chambo, etc) then we will find ourselves competing for top honors both domestically and in European competition for the next several years.

I'm not writing off our chances -- anything can happen in any game.  The title could be decided by a good/bad bit of luck.  A fortunate penalty for us against the Scum could be the slice of luck we need to kick on and win the league.  The same event going against us could be damaging enough to derail our season.  It's going to be fine margins and extreme anxiety between now and the end of May....
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #12: Feb 07, 2019 06:45:35 am
      Pound by pound City is just the better football team and this usually prevails in a long season. It was clear from the beginning we'd need some game luck and our top 11 players available. We did have some game luck (Chelsea-Sturridge, Everton-Origi, City-Mahrez) but meanwhile it equalized with game misfortune in games vs. Leiceister (Keita penalty) and WHU (Origi). We also miss two of our better players (Gomez, Ox) longterm. In short: I don't see it, but I'd die for it.

Our best chance for silverware is CL and another hit signing in summer (or Ox coming back 100%). But then so much can happen, it's football, so the hope will stay and should stay. One game at a time....
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #13: Feb 07, 2019 07:10:49 am
      Forget the if's and buts the whys and wherefores I just want our REDS to get back to winning ways and bring number 19 home to Anfield.Just got to hope that JĆ¼rgen Klopp will get into the lads heads and instill some confidence in them.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #14: Feb 07, 2019 08:21:13 am
      Spurs look in the best form of late.  Kane injury is likely going to have a galvanising effect on the squad so they will not only have to dig out wins without him but they will also probably be a better balanced team when he returns IMO.

I expect both Liverpool and City to drop around 10 points from here so it really is anyone's. 

We've earned 62/75 points (which I don't think we'll see again in our lifetimes if I'm honest!) but there is still a huge 39 points to play for so its hard to predict or even give an inkling what's going to happen in that space of time.  Our squad isn't as good as Man City's so our chances likely depend on how quickly our first team are fit.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #15: Feb 07, 2019 08:32:43 am

Please stay home this time, if you know what I mean 😳
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #16: Feb 07, 2019 08:46:25 am
      Spurs look in the best form of late.  Kane injury is likely going to have a galvanising effect on the squad so they will not only have to dig out wins without him but they will also probably be a better balanced team when he returns IMO.

I expect both Liverpool and City to drop around 10 points from here so it really is anyone's. 

We've earned 62/75 points (which I don't think we'll see again in our lifetimes if I'm honest!) but there is still a huge 39 points to play for so its hard to predict or even give an inkling what's going to happen in that space of time.  Our squad isn't as good as Man City's so our chances likely depend on how quickly our first team are fit.

Good points JD.

I think weā€™re not as far off as some perceive / feet. Just a little bit here or there - part of the reason Bobby was so frustrating Monday was that it often seemed like that was gonna be the defence splitter.

I do think though that (arguably) out toughest fixtures come with a bit of blessing.

Chelsea, Spurs (at home) plus Utd and Everton away will all (try to at least) play against us.

At this time in the season I think thatā€™s a good thing. Players will stay in the moment whereas against the teams setting up we have started to look a bit horizontal and edgey.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #17: Feb 07, 2019 09:03:20 am
      I really hope you are right Brother but I wouldn't put it past those Manc Cu*ts to beat both of us.

I feel sick!

Get the medics out.   :f_whistle:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #18: Feb 07, 2019 04:16:17 pm

How do you feel about the game Keith, you confident of beating us or not? From what I've seen the Solskjaer bounce seems to be wearing off slightly in recent games although its been a hell of an impressive run.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #19: Feb 07, 2019 04:32:03 pm
      I donā€™t think weā€™re going to do it - I just canā€™t see it 😫😫😫
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #20: Feb 07, 2019 04:45:13 pm
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #21: Feb 07, 2019 04:55:48 pm
      How do you feel about the game Keith, you confident of beating us or not? From what I've seen the Solskjaer bounce seems to be wearing off slightly in recent games although its been a hell of an impressive run.

For me I've never been on the Solskjaer bang wagon and still want Poch. However, you simply can't take any credit away from what he's done so far. He's lifted the town/country/world of United fans.  ;D

And yes most definitely bounce is wearing off hence me never having the faith of so many United fans. I was quite astounded to see a recent poll (( I'm sure there're many )) saying over 60% want him to take the managers job long term.

As for the match? I honestly don't know. Speaking to my fellow scouse friends their bricking it now so that's a good thing isn't it.  :f_tongueincheek:  ;D  Have to say as a neutral it's one of the best Premierleague battles I've ever watched.  It's looking like it's going all the way to the wire though.

City had a nightmare December where you lads took full advantage and was looking the better team then.  Once again I see the tide turn and City now have the momentum.

They way it stands I think your squad is simply the problem, it's impossible to compete with City. Your good enough to win the league but no quality on bench that can live with City's. The further you go in the CL will have a negative effect in the league for me.

I don't envy Klopps positioning as its a catch 22 for him!! CL or Premier League. You can't do both with the limited squad in my honest opinion.

Still, loving watching it all unfold as a football fan anyway.  :)

Ps. What's your thoughts on visiting us?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #22: Feb 07, 2019 05:31:47 pm
      If we perform, we will win the league fullstop. We need the balls of steel!

Quick Reply