Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

The title race: Call it

Read 44633 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: The title race: Call it
      Reply #46: Feb 08, 2019 04:24:16 pm
      I really don't know, very difficult to call this one like I say. There certainly won't be any buses on duty though.  ;D With you lads little out of form could play into our favour. In be just guessing if I was to try and read this game.

Main thing is just to win though, if that happens there could be major meltdown  :f_whistle:

I agree that we need to win ;-). IN all honesty I think if we can win at Old Trafford then that will give the team a hell of a lot of confidence for the rest of the campaign and after this weekend your lot have PSG then Chelsea before us, that might sap some energy and moral, hopefully! meanwhile we have 10 days break to get everyone back to fitness and prepare tactics etc.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #47: Feb 08, 2019 06:09:19 pm
      Unless something changes drastically in the way we are playing, and something changes drastically in the way City are playing I think the title is their  :'(
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #48: Feb 08, 2019 06:10:50 pm
      Unless something changes drastically in the way we are playing, and something changes drastically in the way City are playing I think the title is their  :'(

Probably best to go and support them then, and infest their forums with defeatist sh*t instead of constantly pissing all over this one.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #49: Feb 08, 2019 06:32:11 pm

😂😂😂

City, ahead only on goal difference, we have our game in hand..

Win or Draw we go back on top...

How the F**k does that relate the title being City’s ...? 🤔
      Kopite78
      Reply #50: Feb 08, 2019 06:38:37 pm

Yeah lost to Newcastle Leicester and Palace since Christmas

GOAT aren't they 👏
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #51: Feb 08, 2019 06:51:04 pm

On present form I agree. However,  I'm sure December is still in your thoughts. If that happens again you'll win the league
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #52: Feb 08, 2019 06:53:20 pm
      I agree that we need to win ;-). IN all honesty I think if we can win at Old Trafford then that will give the team a hell of a lot of confidence for the rest of the campaign and after this weekend your lot have PSG then Chelsea before us, that might sap some energy and moral, hopefully! meanwhile we have 10 days break to get everyone back to fitness and prepare tactics etc.

For me this game is bigger than Everton for many reasons, win this then moral in the camp will be hugh
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #53: Feb 08, 2019 07:05:14 pm
      The swing in football is brutal. Two weeks ago we were high. Since Monday moral has been uber low (especially after Wednesday). A win tomorrow puts pressure on City. It would not surprise me at all if we win and Chelsea get some sort of result and the swing happens again. We could be 2 or 3 points up after Sunday with a game in hand. We just have to start winning games and keep pressure on them.

1 point or 10, I could care less, I just want the title. I think we get it too
      Kopite78
      Reply #54: Feb 08, 2019 08:33:08 pm
      For me this game is bigger than Everton for many reasons, win this then moral in the camp will be hugh

We've taken 5 more points than them over the last 12 games
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #55: Feb 08, 2019 08:39:56 pm
      Quote from fields of anny rd
      Absolute small fry in terms of what you want from your bench. How many games has Sturridge come on now without scoring? I believe he's on his longest run of games without a goal in his career. That Origi goal was a pure fluke as well, and since it has proven since in his little playing time and by the fact Klopp doesn't play him unless Firmino has an absolute shocker that he's not up to it.

There's a reason this club fights for 1 trophy every 1 season and that's because it's squad leaves it with no option other than to put it's eggs in the most appealing basket.

You do a little points tally of extra points earnt off the bench and then go on to say the bench doesn't matter. Baffling.

The point made was to demonstrate that you have to be on a pitch to influence a game. You're not going to score goals when sitting on a subs bench. When they do come on the pitch, the ones I have highlighted have made a difference, small fry, fluke or not. Origi and Sturridge don't get enough minutes to make a bigger impact, while few transfer targets are willing to come here and sit on the bench every week.

Apparently City need Fernandinho on the pitch, or the team collapse in a heap. Or at least that was the only, reason suggested to explain why they surrendered top spot to us.

Nobody was complaining about our squad depth last week, they were talking about going 7 points clear and how many points we need. But putting all the eggs in one basket has contributed to the amount of trophies we've won in recent years. It's wrong, it doesn't work, and the policy should be abandoned asap. If you try to win everything, you have a better chance of winning something.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #56: Feb 08, 2019 09:53:08 pm
      The point made was to demonstrate that you have to be on a pitch to influence a game. You're not going to score goals when sitting on a subs bench. When they do come on the pitch, the ones I have highlighted have made a difference, small fry, fluke or not. Origi and Sturridge don't get enough minutes to make a bigger impact, while few transfer targets are willing to come here and sit on the bench every week.

Apparently City need Fernandinho on the pitch, or the team collapse in a heap. Or at least that was the only, reason suggested to explain why they surrendered top spot to us.

Nobody was complaining about our squad depth last week, they were talking about going 7 points clear and how many points we need. But putting all the eggs in one basket has contributed to the amount of trophies we've won in recent years. It's wrong, it doesn't work, and the policy should be abandoned asap. If you try to win everything, you have a better chance of winning something.

If we had a bigger squad the policy would certainly change.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #57: Feb 08, 2019 11:53:00 pm
      Probably best to go and support them then, and infest their forums with defeatist sh*t instead of constantly pissing all over this one.

xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #58: Feb 08, 2019 11:57:10 pm
      😂😂😂

City, ahead only on goal difference, we have our game in hand..

Win or Draw we go back on top...

How the f**k does that relate the title being City’s ...? 🤔

The way we have been playing and with the injuries we have, plus the lack of any real quality or game changes on the bench can you see us winning all our remaining games...?

I can see City winning their's
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #59: Feb 09, 2019 12:00:32 am
      On present form I agree. However,  I'm sure December is still in your thoughts. If that happens again you'll win the league

Hope so Keith, but can I see it...? Nah
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #60: Feb 09, 2019 12:10:16 am
      The way we have been playing and with the injuries we have, plus the lack of any real quality or game changes on the bench can you see us winning all our remaining games...?

So with our injuries clearing why can’t we start playing like at the start of the season?

City have been dropping pts all season and with more games played in 4 competitions what’s to say they are super human.

You have sh*t your pants to early buddy.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #61: Feb 09, 2019 12:51:13 am

We lost one game dude..1.

Shaq,Sturridge,Origi have been called off the bench & scored..
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #62: Feb 09, 2019 01:42:31 am
      So with our injuries clearing why can’t we start playing like at the start of the season?

City have been dropping pts all season and with more games played in 4 competitions what’s to say they are super human.

You have sh*t your pants to early buddy.
      Not saying that they are super human, just that they have quality in dept, they bring on subs and their quality does not fall off were as with us  there is a very noticeable drop
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #63: Feb 09, 2019 01:46:39 am
      We lost one game dude..1.

Shaq,Sturridge,Origi have been called off the bench & scored..
      City has lose 4, and still level with us... Yes we got a game in hand but we have to win that game and then we are 3 points ahead even with City losing 4 games... My point.. We have drawn far to many game we should have won
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 807 posts | 112 
      Reply #64: Feb 09, 2019 04:50:46 am
      City has lose 4, and still level with us... Yes we got a game in hand but we have to win that game and then we are 3 points ahead even with City losing 4 games... My point.. We have drawn far to many game we should have won

Far too many? We drew 5 games all season, 3 of which against City, Chelsea and Arsenal. How is that far too many?
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #65: Feb 09, 2019 08:03:01 am
      Are we not on course to our highest EVER points tally?

Should we fall short, and keep going the way we're going we'll probably finish as the team with the highest ever points not to win the league.

Will it be disappointing if we don't manage to do it? Of course it will, it'll hurt like F**k.

But, remember we're competing against a financially doped team in Man City and doing F***ing fantastic.

You can't win every game and of course every team will have a blip. Hopefully after the last few games that's ours over and done with.

Stick your negative sh*te up your arse and enjoy the ride, I for one am loving it.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #66: Feb 09, 2019 08:28:18 am
      Not saying that they are super human, just that they have quality in dept, they bring on subs and their quality does not fall off were as with us  there is a very noticeable drop

What happened with that magical bench against Chelsea, Palace, Leicester and the mighty Newcastle then? Everyone is capable of dropping points but getting a draw against a good Leicester and West Ham performance whilst we were ravaged by injury and a bit off form is hardly the end of the world.
      I think even off form we have been better than they have and if we can get our mojo back then there is no reason to think we can't pick up more points than them between now and the end of the season.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #67: Feb 09, 2019 08:30:52 am

OR Citeh have lost games where we got a draw and a point, hence we are level with one game in hand, see glass half full rather than empty, seriously dude you really need to change your outlook on life it is way too negative!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #68: Feb 09, 2019 08:50:56 am

Funnily enough they have dropped more pts in the last 10 games than us!

Quick Reply