Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

The title race: Call it

Read 44637 times
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Re: The title race: Call it
      Reply #92: Feb 10, 2019 06:11:13 pm
      Yep - nothing shouts louder that Chelsea are in crisis than a 6-0 pumping 2 weeks after losing 4-0 to Bournemouth.

Don’t let City in your head mate.

I learned really early on when I boxed not to let what the other guy did when he’s not fighting you affect you.

They don’t hurt us by beating a sh*t Chelsea. Not even on goal difference because that only counts if points are level.

S’all good.
      Exactly but if it is level we certainly won't win on goal difference anyway. We have Everton and United who will be desperate to beat lpool but won't lift a leg against city
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #93: Feb 10, 2019 06:13:57 pm
      I’d rather play a solksjear United away than a Jose one - I think we have a very good chance of getting another 3 points
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #94: Feb 10, 2019 06:14:09 pm
      Exactly but if it is level we certainly won't win on goal difference anyway. We have Everton and United who will be desperate to beat lpool but won't lift a leg against city

You can’t even say that mate - we’ve one more game to play.

The lose by a couple and we win 4 or 5 betweem now and mid-May and that turns round.

bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #95: Feb 10, 2019 06:21:18 pm
      We know City are good. It's us and them to the end. Could be two big totals.
      Sarri has made some shambles of a job at Chavski, they are dire on the road right now.
      Didn't watch the match, saw some replays, that little turd never gets less annoying to look at.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #96: Feb 10, 2019 06:23:48 pm
      City willnot drop anymore points.

Exactly but if it is level we certainly won't win on goal difference anyway.

Well aren't you an overflowing cauldron of positivity.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #97: Feb 10, 2019 08:08:08 pm
      Yep - nothing shouts louder that Chelsea are in crisis than a 6-0 pumping 2 weeks after losing 4-0 to Bournemouth.

I learned really early on when I boxed not to let what the other guy did when he’s not fighting you affect you.

They don’t hurt us by beating a sh*t Chelsea. Not even on goal difference because that only counts if points are level.

S’all good.

Not in my head. We already knew they were good. Doesn't mean they will beat us. Still worth three points, just like our win yesterday. We have the advantage of the game.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,483 posts | 240 
      Reply #98: Feb 10, 2019 08:11:48 pm
      I’d rather play a solksjear United away than a Jose one - I think we have a very good chance of getting another 3 points

Yep, they're due a loss as well, spuds battered 'em but DeGea saved their bacon again, we should have too much for them as long as we turn up in the right frame of mind
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #99: Feb 10, 2019 09:15:16 pm
      hell of a game from City today and it's certainly a bit of a marker but their problems this season have generally come from out of nowhere against lesser sides. Prior to the loss to Newcastle I read they had scored 29 unanswered goals! I think LFC are back to being the underdogs in the eyes of the majority and I think that will suit us better. Obviously a massive game at toilet in a couple of weeks. To be honest i'm dreading it but then I always dread this fixture no matter what is riding on it so no change there.

Was a great performance yesterday and we've got 10 days to get some players fit again (or fitter). We might have Lovren back, TAA will be in better shape for the minutes yesterday and I've no doubt Ox is working his socks off. Don't be surprised if we see him in March.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #100: Feb 10, 2019 10:50:32 pm
      This Title race is so consuming.

I think about it literally 24/7. Can't get all the permutations out of my head. Yet my motto all Season has been, take 1 game at a time.

Just can't help thinking of the scenario that we only have to get 1 point against wolves at home , on the final day of the Season, to be crowned Champions and Wolves just won't make it easy for us but Mo pops up with the Title winner in injury time to send us into delirium.

I'm hoping my negativity will be demolished after we go to Old Trafford and steal all 3 points!!!
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #101: Feb 10, 2019 11:38:59 pm
      This Title race is so consuming.

I think about it literally 24/7. Can't get all the permutations out of my head. Yet my motto all Season has been, take 1 game at a time.

Just can't help thinking of the scenario that we only have to get 1 point against wolves at home , on the final day of the Season, to be crowned Champions and Wolves just won't make it easy for us but Mo pops up with the Title winner in injury time to send us into delirium.

I'm hoping my negativity will be demolished after we go to Old Trafford and steal all 3 points!!!

Only 2 league games to be played in February. City play their next league game at home V West Ham on 27th Feb.We play Watford at home on the same Wednesday night. We play our game in hand against United on the Sunday 24th.

Bayern Munich will be out of the way by then. All to play for.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #102: Feb 10, 2019 11:54:58 pm
      Only 2 league games to be played in February. City play their next league game at home V West Ham on 27th Feb.We play Watford at home on the same Wednesday night. We play our game in hand against United on the Sunday 24th.

Bayern Munich will be out of the way by then. All to play for.

Oh I know it's all to play for mate.

Squeaky arse time till May finishes.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #103: Feb 11, 2019 12:02:46 am
      Oh I know it's all to play for mate.

Squeaky arse time till May finishes.

We have to expect their form to hold up. They left Sterling and DeBruyne out for the Everton game, such is the strength of their squad. Dropping 4 points from our last 3 games can't happen again. I'd say we are clear 2nd favourites. The spirit in the squad is there, we are up for the fight. To close to call mate.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #104: Feb 11, 2019 12:16:52 am
      We have to expect their form to hold up. They left Sterling and DeBruyne out for the Everton game, such is the strength of their squad. Dropping 4 points from our last 3 games can't happen again. I'd say we are clear 2nd favourites. The spirit in the squad is there, we are up for the fight. To close to call mate.

Too close to call mate but my mind just keeps saying, we will win by a Point on the last day of The Season.

Not sure my heart can take much more, especially if that scenario plays out.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #105: Feb 11, 2019 01:53:56 am

Mate, it's our title to lose. On an equal games basis we're three points ahead of City. If we equal their results we finish the season three points ahead of City. But that also means we can drop two points and still win the title. If we throw away such an advantage then City deserve to win and our lot deserve to hang their heads in shame. Like I said, right now it's ours to lose.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #106: Feb 11, 2019 05:36:47 am

S’all good.

Those 4 losses are also a big statement. They would be wishing for even 2 of them to be draws. We drew 2 games when we were plagued with injuries, all in while they lost 1. Did anyone seriously thought they would lose to Newcastle or Crystal Palace of all teams?

I remember back in November when they were unbeatable, and then suddenly, boom, 3 losses in a month.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #107: Feb 11, 2019 07:39:13 am
      If my memory is not playing games I seem to recall us winning the old first division title on the last match of the season in 1947.So irrespective of what City do they better not try and claim the league title till we have kicked the last ball of the season. :kop5cf8koxp6: I have very fond memories of 1947 as it was the first year my Dad took me to Anfield.
      « Last Edit: Feb 11, 2019 09:17:47 am by JD »
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #108: Feb 11, 2019 09:13:31 am
      If my memory is not playing games I seem to recall us winning the old first division title on the last match of the season in 1947.So irrespective of what City do they better not try and claim the league title till we have kicked the last ball of the season. :kop5cf8koxp6:I have very fond memories of 1947 as it was the first year my Dad took me to Anfield.

1947..!!

Blimey Billy you have seen it all then....!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #109: Feb 11, 2019 09:17:28 am
      Your predictions went well. City willnot drop anymore points. I can't see to who. United will roll over for them. Spurs battered but still ek out win thanks to son ffs

Could you see Citeh losing to Newcastle, Palace or Leicester?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #110: Feb 11, 2019 09:18:18 am
      If my memory is not playing games I seem to recall us winning the old first division title on the last match of the season in 1947.

The original 'five times'!

Brilliant.

Edit: Just being reading about it and we won the league by a point over Man Utd but if it had been 3 points for a win back then we would have won it by 4 points. 
      « Last Edit: Feb 11, 2019 09:26:53 am by JD »
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #111: Feb 11, 2019 09:23:16 am
      City had a tricky period on paper in the last week but realistically they beat three very poor sides.

The games where I see them dropping points are away to the likes of Bournemouth, Palace and obviously United.

They also have to play Leicester at home who are good against the big sides and Spurs like ourselves.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #112: Feb 11, 2019 09:31:04 am
      The match against Manure is absolutely huge, if we can at least get a draw out of that one then I think we will be back in pole position as I fancy us to beat Spurs and Chelsea at home. The bitters could be tricky but they really are sh*te at the moment so we have to be winning that one. Our other games are all winnable if we play well.
      Remember that Citeh have to go to both Bournemouth and Palace away which are never easy grounds plus they also have Manure away, which despite all the bullshit will be a hugely competitive game and is one they tend to lose, if memory serves.

I also think that Citeh will become distracted by the Champions League so I hope they progress to the final of that and then lose to us ;-)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #113: Feb 11, 2019 09:33:46 am
      City had a tricky period on paper in the last week but realistically they beat three very poor sides.

The games where I see them dropping points are away to the likes of Bournemouth, Palace and obviously United.

They also have to play Leicester at home who are good against the big sides and Spurs like ourselves.

I agree, Citeh have some tricky fixtures coming up and whilst Chelsea and Arsenal sound daunting, Citeh could not have picked a better time to play them both as they are both in a slump. Against Everton Citeh actually struggled a little bit and I think that is the better measure of them as Everton are very poor right now.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #114: Feb 11, 2019 10:14:01 am
      It's quite simple in my eyes. We MUST win all our games to become champions. Can we win all our games? May be but the Scum will make damn sure that frustrate us. Neverton will raise their game (and also kick some of our players into the ground) against us unlike showing their backside to City. Who knows which Chelsea will turn up against us.

As far as I am concerned, all the remaining teams to play Man City (including the Scum) will drop their shorts and turn around. It seems they all want City to win.

Quick Reply