Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The title race: Call it

Read 44599 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: The title race: Call it
      Reply #184: Feb 15, 2019 02:03:24 pm
      Indeed. Losses to Newcastle, Leicester and Crystal Palace - all bottom half teams - seem to slip people's mind when creaming over City's gazillion pound team. Bizarre, especially given it comes from "our fans". Only one narrow loss away to current champions, being the most consistent team in the land this season, plus the league position, suggests we are the best team in the league...but it's frustrating when "fans" glare admiringly over the fence instead of being excited at what's being built at home.

Tragic.

I just find it odd to even consider our rival for the title a better team when they are clearly not. Even the game at the Emptyhad was a game we could have won if the Ref hadn't bottled it.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #185: Feb 15, 2019 02:45:50 pm
      taking of title race and run ins I have just watched Phil Thompson and he mentioned the 78/79 season . We conceded just 4 goals at Anfield in 21 home games just 4 that is just incredible. We still have the best defence in the league and that will take us to the title
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #186: Feb 15, 2019 02:50:14 pm
      Just out of curiosity, is that the spelling of their name in your country?

At worst we'll be joint top, so the league is neither won nor lost. There are still 22 games to play by the title contenders until May, with all sorts of obstacles in the way.

No but Citeh seems to be the pronunciation in yours ;-)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #187: Feb 15, 2019 03:04:43 pm
      This week has been fantastic weather here and today has been almost like summer. What a shame the boys travelled to Spain when they could have gone to Southport for the week.
      So looking forward to the run in I think the lads are going to be set up perfectly for it
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #188: Feb 15, 2019 08:40:00 pm
      Am I the only one, as posted pre the last break, that doesn’t fit comfortable with these foreign training breaks.
      Look at the two performances following the last one.
      We seem to lose momentum, cohesion, fluency. Call if what you want but the games following the big breaks, never seem to go well, regardless of the form before.
      Praying this time we are up to scratch and the performance matches that which overcame Bournemouth, although Bayern are a slightly stronger obstacle.
      Hoping we can establish a good lead before going to theirs, although the game does still seem a long way off.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #189: Feb 15, 2019 09:14:41 pm
      They're level

And you were the one on about their recent form
      Was not counting the game in hand... And Yes I was
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #190: Feb 15, 2019 09:18:45 pm
      Outside of depth for the front 3, our bench is fantastic this season, not that i expect a clown troll like you to understand.
      Tell why you feel the need to insult people...? It does not make any of your points valid...
      There are a plenty of player on the City bench teams would be queuing up to sign, can you say the same about the Liverpool bench...?

Didn't think so
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #191: Feb 15, 2019 09:21:47 pm
      They are only 3 points behind yet?

Remember when we were 2 points behind them? Oh, you don't? Because that doesn't fit your narrative.

Being negative for the sake of being negative. :Facepalm:

Remember when we were 7 a head, then it became 5, then 4 now 3...
      Sorry to inform you that supporters being positive do not win games
      Kopite78
      Reply #192: Feb 15, 2019 10:06:11 pm
      Was not counting the game in hand... And Yes I was

Then you'd be wrong

Glad we've sorted that one out 👍

May be but fans being negative becomes draining

Tell why you feel the need to insult people...? It does not make any of your points valid...
      There are a plenty of player on the City bench teams would be queuing up to sign, can you say the same about the Liverpool bench...?

Didn't think so

Of course they would
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #193: Feb 15, 2019 10:19:35 pm

So you never heard of the 12 th man then. Being positive is at the very heart of this club
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #194: Feb 15, 2019 10:28:44 pm
      I'll say it again - we do our job and the League is ours.

Everything else is irrelevant. The strength of City's squad, the positivity or negativity around the grounds, who plays who and when. None of that matters as long as we do our job then the League is back where it belongs - at Anfield.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #195: Feb 15, 2019 10:35:08 pm
      I am glad the pundits have once again started to big up City and Pep which is great news so we can just get on winning games
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #196: Feb 15, 2019 10:42:55 pm
      So you never heard of the 12 th man then. Being positive is at the very heart of this club
      If you are at a match it "May" make a difference' but on a forum...??
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #197: Feb 15, 2019 10:44:31 pm
      Then you'd be wrong

Glad we've sorted that one out 👍

May be but fans being negative becomes draining

As I said in reply to Walt' "If" they a game "Maybe"

Was that they would be queuing up to buy the players on the City bench or Ours,,,? I'll wager you meant the City bench
      « Last Edit: Feb 15, 2019 10:49:20 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #198: Feb 15, 2019 10:49:07 pm

Positive thinking helps youg Padawan..
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #199: Feb 15, 2019 10:51:04 pm

yes of course its a mind set its the benefit of being a supporter that you have the perfect right to be as fanciful as you like and I think we are going to win the league and go unbeaten for the rest of the season winning the CL along the way as I don't see who has a better team a better manager better supporters or a better club. I have booked my place in Lime street for the parade
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #200: Feb 15, 2019 10:51:16 pm
      Positive thinking helps youg Padawan..

;D Yes Master Yoda  ;D
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #201: Feb 15, 2019 10:55:57 pm
      yes of course its a mind set its the benefit of being a supporter that you have the perfect right to be as fanciful as you like and I think we are going to win the league and go unbeaten for the rest of the season winning the CL along the way as I don't see who has a better team a better manager better supporters or a better club. I have booked my place in Lime street for the parade
      Would love to be proven wrong mate, if not just so you have a splendid time at the Parade, but in all honesty I feel that this season we have more of a chance at numbers 6, than number 19 so you may yet get that Parade just not the one you think
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #202: Feb 15, 2019 10:57:26 pm
      I'll say it again - we do our job and the League is ours.

Everything else is irrelevant. The strength of City's squad, the positivity or negativity around the grounds, who plays who and when. None of that matters as long as we do our job then the League is back where it belongs - at Anfield.
      Totally true
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #203: Feb 16, 2019 05:27:31 am

Yes, I do remember us being 7 ahead, and yes I don't expect us to win every f**king game on the horizon, because why? The players are human beings, they cannot play every match perfect.

And yes, we were 7 points ahead because the city who don't seem to drop points lost 3 matches, ;D. Figure that out.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #204: Feb 16, 2019 07:52:44 am

Actually we were 7 ahead then lost to Citeh away, narrowly, to take it to 4, then they LOST to Newcastle whilst we drew against Leicester to take it to 5, then we drew against West Ham to take it to 3, then they played an extra game to level it.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #205: Feb 16, 2019 10:23:17 am
      Actually we were 7 ahead then lost to Citeh away, narrowly, to take it to 4, then they LOST to Newcastle whilst we drew against Leicester to take it to 5, then we drew against West Ham to take it to 3, then they played an extra game to level it.
      My point being that at this moment in time the Bournemouth game although it seemed impressive for LFC, was not a game anyone thought we would lose, or draw. The Impressive thing about that game was the style in which we played. More last seasons style that this seasons style. Moved the ball with pace, and pressed high, something I argued we should have been doing all season...

What made the City/Chelsea game so impressive for City was it being a potential, banana skin people were expecting a tight
      game,a draw or lose for City, one or two goals in it. It instead turned out to be a rout, It taking their collective foot off the accelerator a third of the way through the first half

This looks like a sign of things to come from City, while ours was a game that we as fan knew was really not in doubt...

Yes City could lose a game here and there or draw some, But it looks more likely we will lose or draw more games than City
      Kopite78
      Reply #206: Feb 16, 2019 10:25:51 am
      My point being that at this moment in time the Bournemouth game although it seemed impressive for LFC, was not a game anyone thought we would lose, or draw. The Impressive thing about that game was the style in which we played. More last seasons style that this seasons style. Moved the ball with pace, and pressed high, something I argued we should have been doing all season...

What made the City/Chelsea game so impressive for City was it being a potential, banana skin people were expecting a tight
      game,a draw or lose for City, one or two goals in it. It instead turned out to be a rout, It taking their collective foot off the accelerator a third of the way through the first half

This looks like a sign of things to come from City, while ours was a game that we as fan knew was really not in doubt...

Yes City could lose a game here and there or draw some, But it looks more likely we will lose or draw more games than City

⬆️ ⬆️ ⬆️

What a load of sh*te that is

Quick Reply