Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The title race: Call it

Read 44624 times
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Re: Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #460: Mar 05, 2019 04:35:46 pm
      Don't know how me knowing this makes me an Arsenal fan... But FYI I live in Tottenham, It kind of makes it hard not to know fans of Tottenham and Arsenal, and btw there is a lot of Utd and a few Liverpool supporters here too

Edit... Miss read the original question

Me bad :-[

You got there in the end 😂
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #461: Mar 05, 2019 05:56:17 pm
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47449256

Must say a lot when people like Ince and Sutton are saying we aren’t bottling it

ian wright too.

the media is ridiculous right now.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #462: Mar 06, 2019 02:14:27 am
      My take for what it's worth...

Our only tough game remaining is Spurs at home. I expect to beat them still, but that's the only potential banana skin that I see. They're a good side so if they turn up and play anywhere near their best then we are in for a tough match.

People are saying Chelsea but they're an absolute mess. To keep us out, they would have to set up similarly to how they did against city in the league cup final. Even if they do i still think we'll find a couple of goals. Their midfield will get over run by ours and I fancy our three against their back line any day.

City on the other hand have a run of four tough games. I expect them to win their next three but then they go to palace, host Spurs, then go to united and Burnley. That's a horrible run of fixtures for this stage of the season.

Let's not forget they'll have an fa cup quarter/semi sandwiched in between and they'll face tougher opposition in the European cup too.

Although they've still gotten the points which is all that matters, the last few games they've been really lethargic. They were lucky against West Ham and lucky against Bournemouth. They were also lucky to win the cup. They're not playing well at the minute and the pressure is getting to them.

Back to those four games I mentioned though. I'll be gobsmacked if city manage 12 points but if they do, they'll win the title.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #463: Mar 06, 2019 04:40:28 pm
      My take for what it's worth...

Our only tough game remaining is Spurs at home. I expect to beat them still, but that's the only potential banana skin that I see. They're a good side so if they turn up and play anywhere near their best then we are in for a tough match.

People are saying Chelsea but they're an absolute mess. To keep us out, they would have to set up similarly to how they did against city in the league cup final. Even if they do i still think we'll find a couple of goals. Their midfield will get over run by ours and I fancy our three against their back line any day.

City on the other hand have a run of four tough games. I expect them to win their next three but then they go to palace, host Spurs, then go to united and Burnley. That's a horrible run of fixtures for this stage of the season.

Let's not forget they'll have an fa cup quarter/semi sandwiched in between and they'll face tougher opposition in the European cup too.

Although they've still gotten the points which is all that matters, the last few games they've been really lethargic. They were lucky against West Ham and lucky against Bournemouth. They were also lucky to win the cup. They're not playing well at the minute and the pressure is getting to them.

Back to those four games I mentioned though. I'll be gobsmacked if city manage 12 points but if they do, they'll win the title.

Good Post H.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #464: Mar 07, 2019 01:17:45 am
      With any luck the cu*ts at Citeh will see that Real Madrid and now PSG have been knocked out of the Champs League and they might think it's there best chance yet. They throw all their eggs in that basket and their League Form takes a hit because of it.

So much to play for, I'm not giving up!!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #465: Mar 07, 2019 03:54:55 pm
      Why are my posts being deleted all the time? I wouldn’t even notice but I’m getting likes for post that are not there anymore? I have no idea what’s going on
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #466: Mar 07, 2019 04:15:04 pm
      Why are my posts being deleted all the time? I wouldn’t even notice but I’m getting likes for post that are not there anymore? I have no idea what’s going on

Maybe the posts have been moved?
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #467: Mar 08, 2019 04:46:56 pm
      Man City are going to drop points in late April/May as long as they are still in UCL. Look at this:

Cardiff (H) 6th April
      CL Qtr 09/10 April
      Palace (A) 14th April
      CL Qtr 16/17th April
      Spurs (H) 20th April
      United (A) 24th April
      Burnley (A) 28th April
      CL Semi 1st May
      Leicester (H) 4th May
      CL Semi 07/08 May
      The only league game I see them having a guaranteed win is the Cardiff game and maybe Burnley. As long as they go far in Europe and we stay on their tails going into May, I fancy us.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #468: Mar 08, 2019 05:37:15 pm
      Man City are going to drop points in late April/May as long as they are still in UCL. Look at this:

Cardiff (H) 6th April
      CL Qtr 09/10 April
      Palace (A) 14th April
      CL Qtr 16/17th April
      Spurs (H) 20th April
      United (A) 24th April
      Burnley (A) 28th April
      CL Semi 1st May
      Leicester (H) 4th May
      CL Semi 07/08 May
      The only league game I see them having a guaranteed win is the Cardiff game and maybe Burnley. As long as they go far in Europe and we stay on their tails going into May, I fancy us.

Wouldn’t say they will for sure. After they lost to Newcastle I didn’t think they’d win vs Arsenal, Chavs and Everton in the space of a week. I was expecting them to at least draw one of them, instead they bagged about 11 goals and blew them away. But saying that, I think us dropping points probably gave them the boost they needed for that spell.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #469: Mar 08, 2019 09:43:59 pm
      What do you guys think of Watford@MC? Watford got beaten pretty bad by us recently, but they are a decent team according to the table. Are they dangerous for City?
      « Last Edit: Mar 09, 2019 03:03:44 am by German_Panzer »
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #470: Mar 09, 2019 03:21:47 pm
      What do you guys think of Watford@MC? Watford got beaten pretty bad by us recently, but they are a decent team according to the table. Are they dangerous for City?

City can piss themselves around. A walk in the park. Take it like some training match. They'll definitely trash Watford. 20% effort will do. Even playing the reserves or without intensity would be too much for Watford. They can afford to go into the match without any training and tactics. That's how good this City team is I tell you. I hope they're so confident that the players go into the game with both eyes closed.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #471: Mar 09, 2019 06:36:02 pm
      City just go another stuffy offside goal
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #472: Mar 09, 2019 06:36:45 pm
      F**k 2-0
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #473: Mar 09, 2019 06:47:19 pm
      Now we're chasing it again.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #474: Mar 09, 2019 07:20:45 pm
      This has been an actual game since Watford brought in Deulofeu and Deeney. Wtf their managers playing at I’ve no idea. Still they were always winning this game. Makes no difference, we simply have to win tomorrow.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #475: Mar 09, 2019 07:24:54 pm
      This has been an actual game since Watford brought in Deulofeu and Deeney. Wtf their managers playing at I’ve no idea. Still they were always winning this game. Makes no difference, we simply have to win tomorrow.

They have an fa cup tie next week and already have PL football secured for next season.

All safe mid table teams have their flip flops on now with regards to the league.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #476: Mar 09, 2019 07:34:34 pm

Cardiff (H) 6th April
      CL Qtr 09/10 April
      Palace (A) 14th April
      CL Qtr 16/17th April
      Spurs (H) 20th April
      United (A) 24th April
      Burnley (A) 28th April
      CL Semi 1st May
      Leicester (H) 4th May
      CL Semi 07/08 May

Can't see them. Dropping any points certainly not till united and a lot others are in bottom half. If we don't get 3points tomottow it's over
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #477: Mar 09, 2019 07:34:38 pm
      They have an fa cup tie next week and already have PL football secured for next season.

All safe mid table teams have their flip flops on now with regards to the league.

Yes. Next weekend! Not on Tuesday?!

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #478: Mar 09, 2019 07:47:19 pm

We’ll chase them down mate..
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #479: Mar 09, 2019 07:51:02 pm
      Absolute joke city first goal is clearly offside and the ref over rules the linesman. And Watford making 7 changes leaving delofou and deeney out and host of other first team players. Is it not hard enough without F***ing Watford  and that c**t of a ref helping them out 2. Before first goal Watford were very comfortable. That's 2 1-0s and  late second half goals against Bournemouth the jammy fuckers
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #480: Mar 09, 2019 08:12:16 pm
      For next season we need a playmaker and someone who has goals from midfield when the forwards are not firing. I'd sell studge n origi and bring in another top striker. We been lucky that our front three have remained relatively injury free but that won't last unlikely through another full season. We need more goals in team. I think lallana best days are behind him too. Need 3 points tomorrow anything else we won't be winning pl title.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,483 posts | 240 
      Reply #481: Mar 09, 2019 08:13:16 pm
      Absolute joke city first goal is clearly offside and the ref over rules the linesman. And Watford making 7 changes leaving delofou and deeney out and host of other first team players. Is it not hard enough without f**king Watford  and that C**t of a ref helping them out 2. Before first goal Watford were very comfortable. That's 2 1-0s and  late second half goals against Bournemouth the jammy fuckers

We can only influence our own games, yes it's frustrating their first goal, obviously offside to everyone one apart from the laws that be ( seriously needs changing the rule that states if a defender deliberately touches the ball you can still be onside even though you have gained a massive advantage fronm being offside and therefore interfering with play)
      I don't know why managers don't exploit the loop hole more, as in put 4 players offside from a free kick and whip it in gets a touch off a defender falls to offside player and goal
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #482: Mar 09, 2019 08:22:02 pm
      No surprise Citeh won at home to Watford.
      Bit annoying alright that it was the little turd who got 3.

Nothing changes though - we needed to win our games. We still do.
      Can't afford to slip further behind.
      HAVE to win against Burnley - and think we will.

Quick Reply