Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The title race: Call it

Read 44621 times
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Re: Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #483: Mar 09, 2019 08:26:47 pm
      It really pissing me off Watford drop seven first team players for today and last week bouremouth didn't play there best player but he's fit to play today and scores one and sets other goal. Up. Do opposing teams just want to help city at moment. Not be surprised if United put out a under 18/21team against them. Even officials now are F***ing helping them. Let's hope there docked a stack of points for there cheating. Soon knock the smug smile. Off sterling's face.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #484: Mar 09, 2019 08:53:37 pm
      It really pissing me off Watford drop seven first team players for today and last week bouremouth didn't play there best player but he's fit to play today and scores one and sets other goal. Up. Do opposing teams just want to help city at moment. Not be surprised if United put out a under 18/21team against them. Even officials now are f**king helping them. Let's hope there docked a stack of points for there cheating. Soon knock the smug smile. Off sterling's face.

I remember when we dropped players before a upcoming game, what goes around....
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #485: Mar 10, 2019 01:05:10 am
      MUST F***ing WIN TONIGHT FULL F***ing STOP!!!
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #486: Mar 10, 2019 09:15:40 am
      The worrying thing is West Ham Bournemouth Watford have treated playing city as a lost game whereas us they give it everything they have got
      Officials always F**k up but yesterday’s first city goal was unbelievable

Saying that we need to win our games and we haven’t done enough of that lately at least 2nd is secured
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #487: Mar 10, 2019 09:47:47 am
      As soon the 1st goal was awarded went looking for the remote and 2nd went in telly went off
      Saturday night fvked up
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #488: Mar 10, 2019 10:08:46 am
      yes Citeh won, but my God did they make hard work of it, they were hardly having any impact against Watford's B team that first half and I honestly think that if Watford had fielded their A-team then they might have drawn or even won that match.
      Citeh are looking seriously jaded at the moment and they WILL drop points, all we can do in the meantime is win our games.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #489: Mar 10, 2019 11:56:31 am
      The way I see it. If shitty wins all the remaining games then they have deserved the title. Il try to enjoy our games.
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #490: Mar 10, 2019 03:47:43 pm
      Question for any stat masters out there...

In the Premier League era, has a team ever gained over 90 points and not won the league?
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #491: Mar 10, 2019 04:41:33 pm
      The way I see it. If shitty wins all the remaining games then they have deserved the title. Il try to enjoy our games.

Yeah, I feel the same. Winning 14 in a row would be an incredible archiement, even for City, and will show how good we've been this season.

Still think they'll drop points thought.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #492: Mar 10, 2019 04:43:05 pm
      24 points to play for and we need to pick up 2 on them. Lots to play for.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #493: Mar 10, 2019 05:16:37 pm
      Man City are going to drop points in late April/May as long as they are still in UCL. Look at this:

Cardiff (H) 6th April
      CL Qtr 09/10 April
      Palace (A) 14th April
      CL Qtr 16/17th April
      Spurs (H) 20th April
      United (A) 24th April
      Burnley (A) 28th April
      CL Semi 1st May
      Leicester (H) 4th May
      CL Semi 07/08 May
      The only league game I see them having a guaranteed win is the Cardiff game and maybe Burnley. As long as they go far in Europe and we stay on their tails going into May, I fancy us.

Tricky little double for then starting with Spurs at home 20th April, then United away. Could easily draw both games. Their last game against Leicester at home and obviously Brendan Rodgers won't let us down.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #494: Mar 10, 2019 05:20:36 pm
      For us to be in with a decent chance we need 8 wins. Can't see where city drop points I certainly Hooe so but defo won't against united. Even soljkaear has said he do anything if it prevents lpool winning the league there supporters will back city if its still tight. Anyway we have difficult games too spurs who are fighting for there top 4and Ali and kane back Chelsea at anfield is never easy either
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #495: Mar 10, 2019 05:28:59 pm
      For us to be in with a decent chance we need 8 wins. Can't see where city drop points I certainly Hooe so but defo won't against united. Even soljkaear has said he do anything if it prevents lpool winning the league there supporters will back city if its still tight. Anyway we have difficult games too spurs who are fighting for there top 4and Ali and kane back Chelsea at anfield is never easy either

The walking Whiskey Still is behind The hired Gun. He's backing him up, but even old whiskey nose won't lie down to City. Give this one to Clemenza..
      « Last Edit: Mar 10, 2019 05:51:15 pm by Harrisimo »
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #496: Mar 10, 2019 05:29:09 pm

I’m sure for any genuine United fans choosing between City and Liverpool winning the league is essentially picking a poison; either way they aren’t exactly going to be overjoyed. They are also fighting for top four so I highly doubt they’ll be willing to hand City three points. Also, Ole and United would be severely punished if he has said those words and fields a weakened team. So your hypothesis is bullshit in all honesty. It’s much more likely that they will drop points at United than any other team.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #497: Mar 10, 2019 06:17:07 pm
      We have to keep going 100% and I'm sure we can do that. Things can change.Look at the Spurs divers, only a few games ago they were breathing down our necks, now they have wilted. It's not beyond City blowing a fuse, they have difficult games coming up. It's down to other teams to have a bit of spirit, show a bit of backbone.

We've been hearing for years.."The Prem is the hardest league in the world"....some club need to step up and show it.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #498: Mar 10, 2019 06:30:50 pm
      Troops ... listen up .

Are the Scum going to rollover for City?
      Don't think so .
      At best they should get a draw out of the game ....which puts us back top.

Two of our hardest games against bitter (scuse the pun) rivals back to back ...except for Watford ...are now behind us.

They'll now have the nerves ...now we are the chasers.

More and more this comes into focus.
      This is going to be crucial for both Manc clubs.   

Their derby could be the title decider.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #499: Mar 10, 2019 06:30:56 pm
      United lost today 2-0. So it looks like 4 teams, Divers,Arsenal,United and Chelsea fighting for the other 2 top 4 so I doubt United will need motivated against City. Any idea that United will hand City 3 points to keep us down isn't the case. They need C/L football as much as us.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #500: Mar 10, 2019 06:53:02 pm
      United lost today 2-0. So it looks like 4 teams, Divers,Arsenal,United and Chelsea fighting for the other 2 top 4 so I doubt United will need motivated against City. Any idea that United will hand City 3 points to keep us down isn't the case. They need C/L football as much as us.

Should Chelsea get anything out of their game in hand that drops United to 6th, so anyone thinking United is going to mail in the derby game is a clueless, insecure idiot.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #501: Mar 10, 2019 09:45:49 pm
      city dont play again until the 30th big chance for us to go back top next week
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #502: Mar 10, 2019 10:57:23 pm
      Absolute joke city first goal is clearly offside and the ref over rules the linesman. And Watford making 7 changes leaving delofou and deeney out and host of other first team players. Is it not hard enough without f**king Watford  and that C**t of a ref helping them out 2. Before first goal Watford were very comfortable. That's 2 1-0s and  late second half goals against Bournemouth the jammy fuckers

I'm actually disgusted in Watford. How can they not start such a huge match without Deeney and Delofou? That's bullshit, they had no worries starting their 2 biggest dangers against us but let Citeh bend them over and F**k them up the arse. What a crock of sh*t!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #503: Mar 11, 2019 07:36:34 am
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #504: Mar 11, 2019 08:27:40 am
      Should Chelsea get anything out of their game in hand that drops United to 6th, so anyone thinking United is going to mail in the derby game is a clueless, insecure idiot.
      United will bend the knee and whatever else to city. The hatred is so deep. Even soljkaear said it would be his worst nightmare. Wait and see a youthful united side out. It seems everyone is helping city by resting a host of there starting 11 against them. cu*ts
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #505: Mar 11, 2019 08:29:40 am
      More and more this comes into focus.
      This is going to be crucial for both Manc clubs.   

Their derby could be the title decider.
      You think United will hold city. City are a much better side. No way can't see it. Even the United supporters will back city to win that

Quick Reply