Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

The title race: Call it

Read 44644 times
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Re: The title race: Call it
      Reply #575: Mar 21, 2019 09:38:27 am
      So funny reading all the meltdowns on here because Salah is having a dip in form. Joint second top scorer in the Premier League with Kane, Aubameyang & Mane.

The only player ahead of Salah is an out and out striker.

Have faith all. As Souness has said, our issue lies in the lack of goals being scored from midfield, an issue that i am sure Klopp is aware of and trying to address.

We're top of the League and in the quarter finals of the Champions League. Good times ahead.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #576: Mar 21, 2019 09:53:54 am
      Your original; question was

I was just saying i didn't say that we would drop more points than City. I just said we will probably drop points also, we could drop the same amount of points also.

That is not what you said before but thanks for the clarification, I disagree with you by the way as I think they will drop more points than us as their luck will run out sooner or later.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,454 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #577: Mar 21, 2019 10:10:19 am
      ??? ??? His goal scoring hasn't been as proficient as it was earlier in the season or last year but to compare that to playing with 10 men, really?

Crazy talk isnt it !!. Salah has been brilliant, just not scored the goals of late. hes got assists and class link up play,  and superb tracking back, probably a few occasions during some games hes held onto ball too long, but then he produces the magic pass for mane's goal in Beyern. Hes also had some amazing defending v him, some awesome last ditch slide tackles, but then the ball has rebound to mane for him to score.  All good and all that stuff as Kloppo says. ;D.

Once he gets that 50th LFC goal, he will score loads between now and end of season.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #578: Mar 21, 2019 10:46:18 am
      Crazy talk isnt it !!. Salah has been brilliant, just not scored the goals of late. hes got assists and class link up play,  and superb tracking back, probably a few occasions during some games hes held onto ball too long, but then he produces the magic pass for mane's goal in Beyern. Hes also had some amazing defending v him, some awesome last ditch slide tackles, but then the ball has rebound to mane for him to score.  All good and all that stuff as Kloppo says. ;D.

Once he gets that 50th LFC goal, he will score loads between now and end of season.

Yeap, who is confident enough to say that we will be in a much better position or goal difference had we played our recent games without Mo?

Come, let the brave one stick his neck out. Who? Waiting for people to cast the first stone.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #579: Mar 21, 2019 10:47:50 am
      Yeap, who is confident enough to say that we will be in a much better position or goal difference had we played our recent games without Mo?

Come, let the brave one stick his neck out. Who? Waiting for you to cast the first stone.

If we had a striker of a similar quality then yes we would have scored more but we don't plus even without scoring Mo is making a nuisance of himself and setting up others to score either deliberately or by accident.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #580: Mar 21, 2019 10:49:46 am
      If we had a striker of a similar quality then yes we would have scored more but we don't plus even without scoring Mo is making a nuisance of himself and setting up others to score either deliberately or by accident.

There you go... Mo is still a valuable member of our starting 11. Case is closed.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #581: Mar 21, 2019 10:52:48 am
      There you go... Mo is still a valuable member of our starting 11. Case is closed.

Wow didn't realise I had that much influence in here, can I start ruling on other things as well ;-)
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #582: Mar 21, 2019 11:00:58 am
      Wow didn't realise I had that much influence in here, can I start ruling on other things as well ;-)

Erm... One thing is for sure. You have the right to your own opinion.  ;D About the right to rule or even judge, I guess we've to leave it to higher forces or authority.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #583: Mar 21, 2019 11:01:34 am
      Erm... One thing is for sure. You have the right to your own opinion.  ;D About the right to rule or even judge, I guess we've to leave it to higher forces or authority.

;D, fair enough :-)
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,454 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #584: Mar 21, 2019 12:25:20 pm

Come, let the brave one stick his neck out. Who? Waiting for people to cast the first stone.

Not me. ;D.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #585: Mar 21, 2019 02:03:51 pm
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #586: Mar 21, 2019 02:36:56 pm

What a load of bollocks, I'm fairly certain several of our players would easily get into the City team and vice versa.
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1634 
      Reply #587: Mar 21, 2019 03:07:36 pm

Phone must have gone off in his pocket again the log head
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #588: Mar 21, 2019 03:29:35 pm

To be fair, it probably lost something in translation from the original Klingon, which I understand is his first language.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #589: Mar 21, 2019 03:56:05 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #590: Mar 21, 2019 03:58:35 pm
      I'm going to try and borrow one of you guys' euphemisms and say this guy is an absolute weapon.

(Hope I did that right)
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #591: Mar 21, 2019 04:00:21 pm
      On the Salah front I think he has been a bit unlucky and could've had 6/7 more. Obviously this season was always going to be bit "second season syndrome". But he has never stopped trying, never gives up any lost cause.Others benefit from the attention he gets.

Yes he might be a bit tetchy, a bit less relaxed and that can lead to the wrong decision at the wrong time but I back Salah 100%. He is still a potent force for us. Long may he carry on with his brilliance. The only time I would have a pop at a striker is if he was hiding or wasn't putting in the effort.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #592: Mar 21, 2019 08:36:26 pm

His head looks something like:

Gerrardsitchyear
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #593: Mar 21, 2019 08:52:28 pm
      That is not what you said before but thanks for the clarification, I disagree with you by the way as I think they will drop more points than us as their luck will run out sooner or later.

Read it again.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #594: Mar 22, 2019 09:21:48 am
      I'm going to try and borrow one of you guys' euphemisms and say this guy is an absolute weapon.

(Hope I did that right)

Not one for correcting people FL but you got this one slightly wrong. Quasimodo (a.k.a. Joleon Lescott) has a face like a melted welly and is more commonly known by his Latin pronunciation which is Skintius Stupidus Cuntius.

barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #595: Mar 22, 2019 02:43:47 pm
      So Birmingham get a 9point penalty today but if city found guilty of flouting Financial fair play not for first time whats the santions? No points deduction
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #596: Mar 22, 2019 04:56:49 pm
      So Birmingham get a 9point penalty today but if city found guilty of flouting Financial fair play not for first time whats the santions? No points deduction

Don't think anything will happen to them because they bring in big money to the business of their league and the higher footballing authority. Not going to be specific here, but you know where this line of thought is heading...
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #597: Mar 22, 2019 04:59:00 pm

The Elephant Man

Quick Reply