Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Next 13 Games

Read 1810 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      The Next 13 Games
      Feb 06, 2019 10:32:28 pm
      Believe we had a similar fixtures topic to this earlier in the season with a heavy set of games.

Been a tough week for us and 13 is still a significant amount of games to go and we need to get back to our best. Here’s what we get to look forward to and put the last couple of games behind us.

One thing that is absolutely 100% certain at this stage is that if we win all 13 games, we are Champions.

7 home games, 6 away. One game at a time, hopefully we can put a ‘W’ next to each one. Let’s do this!

February:

(H) vs Bournemouth - 3-0 (W)
      (A) vs Mancs *our game in hand on City* - 0-0 (D)
      (H) vs Watford  - 5-0 (W)

March:

(A) vs Bitters - 0-0 (D)
      (H) vs Burnley - 4-2 (W)
      (A) vs Fulham - 1-2 (W)
      (H) vs Spurs - 2-1 (W)

April:

(A) vs Saints - 1-3 (W)
      (H) vs Chavs - 2-0 (W)
      (A) vs Cardiff - 0-2 (W)
      (H) vs Huddersfield - 5-0 (W)

May:

(A) vs Newcastle - 2-3 (W)
      (H) vs Wolves - 2-0 (W)
      « Last Edit: May 13, 2019 12:01:59 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: The Next 13 Games
      Reply #1: Feb 06, 2019 10:35:04 pm
      Apart from the Mancs away nothing to worry about there and obviously City still have to play them as well.

That is a pretty good looking run in too be fair.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2: Feb 07, 2019 08:12:39 am
      I think we’ll need to win 11 of 13, beating united away would be the cherry on top
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #3: Feb 07, 2019 09:33:21 am
      The teams that we should beat, are the teams that worried me most. We are usually up for it against the top 6.

One thing is for sure, everybody in the squad needs to deliver if we are going to win the league. No more passengers.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #4: Feb 07, 2019 10:57:18 am
      What about Spurs? Everyone seems to be discounting Spurs but they are doing just fine without the diving champion of football Kane.

I think they will be a threat for sure.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #5: Feb 07, 2019 11:08:47 am
      What about Spurs? Everyone seems to be discounting Spurs but they are doing just fine without the diving champion of football Kane.

Spurs have been just about scraping wins, the one against Newcastle was so f'ing annoying with the shot at the keeper going under him, grrrr, but I really think the season will eventually catch up with them, I just don't see them lasting the race even with Alli and Kane back.

We have some big matches coming up but if we want to win the League then we need to win those games, we need to believe we can beat Manure, Spurs and Chelsea, if we can't then we don't deserve it, its as simple as that really. We are capable of beating these teams but the ones which have me nervous right now are Manure and Chelsea, if we can get 4 points out of those games then I think we win the league. Spurs is always tricky but we spanked them earlier in the season so same again please. The others games are winnable but the last 2 could be tricky, Newcastle away and Wolves at home but hopefully we have already won by then ;-)
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #6: Feb 07, 2019 11:14:15 am
      We need some of our key injured players to recover ASAP, to ensure we win any where near 13 fixtures.

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #7: Feb 07, 2019 11:18:38 am

They are but it's simpler for us. We have to win 13 out of 13 unless City drop points. Spurs have to win all their games and rely on us and City dropping enough points for them to overtake us both. With only thirteen games left it's a tough ask and one further complicated by the fact that they have to play both us and City which obviously means they have to beat both of us. I'm not discounting them but they have the toughest set of fixtures out of any of us in those last thirteen games.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #8: Mar 02, 2019 05:23:51 pm
      10 to go, 10 wins needed.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #9: Apr 05, 2019 11:02:32 pm
      Well April has gotten off to a better start than March. Next game is massive, feel we owe them one for them killing our hopes off last time, as well as having not beaten them this season too.

Quick Reply