Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Bmouth?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      3 (2.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (1.9%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      47 (43.5%)
      Naby Keïta
      17 (15.7%)
       Fabinho
      5 (4.6%)
      Mohammed Salah
      20 (18.5%)
      Roberto Firmino
      6 (5.6%)
      Sadio Mane
      8 (7.4%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Voting closed: Feb 13, 2019 04:52:17 pm

Liverpool 3-0 AFC Bournemouth: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 23511 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Re: Liverpool 3-0 AFC Bournemouth: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #437: Feb 10, 2019 12:12:07 am
      I really haven't. I'd never stoop to the level I've seen here today.

Mate we’ve all been on here for years - you without doubt cause the most sh*t. But hey it’s a forum and it’s an opinion - so good luck to ya.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Live: Liverpool v Bournemouth
      Reply #438: Feb 10, 2019 12:15:53 am
      Ah right, I assumed this was directed at you. I've seen various insulting comments directed to you throughout this thread.
      A handful of posters just come on here to take the piss and bully whilst not really debating. I'm going to start putting more of these users on ignore. It's amazing how even whilst winning they still have to insult others.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #439: Feb 10, 2019 12:43:18 am
      Mate we’ve all been on here for years - you without doubt cause the most sh*t. But hey it’s a forum and it’s an opinion - so good luck to ya.

I wasn't a "fan" of his when he first entered, but for the life of me, I can't remember why! I do know he can be a bit of a dick when he's on the clock with his grammar police hat (I personally think it's belittling), and totally understand why a few dislike/hate him; However, whether I agree or not with him, I do thoroughly enjoy reading his footballing opinions, and I know if he disagreed with me, he would not put a spin or insult my opinion (unless i start first) and we could go back and forth chatting like normal people!

So yeah... I do like Rib and think he is good for the forum, sorry people!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #440: Feb 10, 2019 01:32:41 am
      Just gone back top and still their arguing go figure
      Come on you red men
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #441: Feb 10, 2019 04:04:21 am
      Was at Murrayfield today for the Ireland v Scotland game so missed us playing. Anyone care to sum up?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #442: Feb 10, 2019 06:25:00 am
      Upgrade is never easy but of course we can bring in players who have similar or not better skills all down to how much we want to spend.

Not for me.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #443: Feb 10, 2019 06:59:16 am
      Was at Murrayfield today for the Ireland v Scotland game so missed us playing. Anyone care to sum up?

We played brilliantly and fluid.

They had a decent chance after 2 mins but Allison was solid as usual. Then our midfield played brilliantly, free-flowing football and quick short passes and we scored three good goals.

The first was slightly offside but Mane has been huge.

Wijnaldum after passing to Salah instead of shoting himself, redeemed himself but lobbing the keeper from 7 yards out with a cute touch.

Milner throw-in to Wijnaldum, then he passed to Keita in the middle of the park then he give a good through-pass to Firmino and rather shoting himself, he produced a fine back-pass to Salah, who took it on his left side round the keeper.

Salah later on hit the crossbar too.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #444: Feb 10, 2019 08:06:30 am
      Much needed win and much improved performance.

Gave Naby my MOTM. His best game in a red shirt for me. Was always available, great win for the second goal and lovely pass for the third.  To be honest Gini was also very good, and after his first half fluff, Mo was a constant danger.

Only negative was the inability, to score more in the second half with goal difference looking more and more important, but the points were the most important thing.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #445: Feb 10, 2019 08:08:25 am
      It was a very good performance mate. One of our best of the season going forward, and pretty solid at the back as well. Ok, it was Bournemouth at home, but we really played well. Very good response to a bit of pressure after the 2 draws. Should've had another couple of goals.

Cheers, yea, just saw the highlights this morning. Like you say twas 'only' Bournemouth, but it was such a difference from West Ham, wasn't just 3 points, was a really good performance too.

Of all the chances we missed, thought the one near the end, when we broke away and Bob and VVD were running in on goal, if Bob slides it right instead of shooting, VVD has a tap in. That would've been nice.

Not bad winning 3 nil, and then being able to pick out our best misses :)
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #446: Feb 10, 2019 09:05:56 am
      What a f**king retard you are. Holy sh*t.
      Whichever mod is deciding to delete my post and leave posts calling people retards, can they PM me. I'd rather deal with them than have to talk directly to site owners. Anfield Online etc...
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #447: Feb 10, 2019 09:11:04 am
      great game, much better performance, seems everyone agrees having Gini back was massive.

Also front 3 were up for it.

Should have been 5 or 6 if it wasnt for the holy goalie. ;D.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #448: Feb 10, 2019 09:12:24 am
      With Fabinho likely to move to CB I wonder how our midfield will shape up against Bayern. The solid, industrious (if unspectacular) trio of Hendo, Milner and Gini perhaps?

Lovren-Matip vs Lewa? Lovren straight back into the XI?

Would probably be better if we go with Matip-Fab pairing and Keita-Hendo-Gini midfield.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #449: Feb 10, 2019 09:32:07 am
      Thought Matip was really good today. Also Naby Keita has a really good performance. Maybe the kind that he can build on to kick on as the player we all expect him to be.

Most of the lads played well. Fabinho next season may be unplayable. He’s like a bigger more defensive version of Bobby, just glides around so easy and almost always knows the right play to make. Once he had a season behind him look out. All in all a good performance and one befitting the top team in the league.

Probably Matip he moves slower than others and never really get noticed but in this game he was quietly doing a very good job. he looks to me to be Alan Hansen MkII always bringing the ball out of the box to the front line while Fabinho is improving fast and always there to break up the opposition attack and I would think he reads the game very well. I'm not exagerrating to say that if he contnues to improve he'll very well be our Patrick Viera Mark II.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #450: Feb 10, 2019 09:46:19 am
      I wasn't a "fan" of his when he first entered, but for the life of me, I can't remember why! I do know he can be a bit of a dick when he's on the clock with his grammar police hat (I personally think it's belittling), and totally understand why a few dislike/hate him; However, whether I agree or not with him, I do thoroughly enjoy reading his footballing opinions, and I know if he disagreed with me, he would not put a spin or insult my opinion (unless i start first) and we could go back and forth chatting like normal people!

So yeah... I do like Rib and think he is good for the forum, sorry people!

Well said, we must debate with points but not to insult the other party as if I am the "Mr. Know Everything and Knows Better Than You Do, So Shut-Up And Follow My Opinion". Nobody needs to agree with anyone's opinion if he or she doesn't want to, simple as that. When a poster replied with vulgarities and insulting words then it is best to put that poster on an ignore mode because soon he will be talking to himself, seen that enough in other forums.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #451: Feb 10, 2019 09:59:32 am
      Fair enough mate if Bobby looks like getting back to his form from last season then I'll be delighted.

Obviously he's a brilliant player when in form I was just getting so frustrated with him this season. I actually think he's a better player then he even realises but he needs to be more consistent.

Fair enough mate if Bobby looks like getting back to his form from last season then I'll be delighted.

Obviously he's a brilliant player when in form I was just getting so frustrated with him this season. I actually think he's a better player then he even realises but he needs to be more consistent.

Exactly, when he's on fire he's unbeatable but sadly he can have a superb game and the next 4 or 5 games either average or gone missing. May I boldly say, he is simply inconsistent and I did not just say it now but I've said that probably 2-3 years ago. Torch me, fire me, slate me, humiliate me, insult me, by all means I stand by my opinion. On his day, he is unplayable and if Bobby is consistent in his performance, he'll truly be world class. I wanna see a Bobby with 4 superb games and 1 average/poor game and not the other way round. Having said that, I honestly wanna see Bobby ended up as a legend here not just one of those players.   
      loadsamane
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #452: Feb 10, 2019 10:14:20 am
      Class performance yesterday, exactly what we needed when the pressure was beginning to mount.

Mane's goal eased any nerves and from there we never had to look back.

What you got for us City?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #453: Feb 10, 2019 10:18:55 am
      Exactly, when he's on fire he's unbeatable but sadly he can have a superb game and the next 4 or 5 games either average or gone missing. May I boldly say, he is simply inconsistent and I did not just say it now but I've said that probably 2-3 years ago. Torch me, fire me, slate me, humiliate me, insult me, by all means I stand by my opinion. On his day, he is unplayable and if Bobby is consistent in his performance, he'll truly be world class. I wanna see a Bobby with 4 superb games and 1 average/poor game and not the other way round. Having said that, I honestly wanna see Bobby ended up as a legend here not just one of those players.   

He is world class mate - absolutely top end too.

Don’t let an ugly looking game here or there fool you. Even when he looks scrappy he’s an absolute nightmare for the oppo.

We’re a poorer side with anyone else in his place.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #454: Feb 10, 2019 11:13:32 am
      He is world class mate - absolutely top end too.

Don’t let an ugly looking game here or there fool you. Even when he looks scrappy he’s an absolute nightmare for the oppo.

We’re a poorer side with anyone else in his place.

Agree - this is a fact!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #455: Feb 10, 2019 12:29:58 pm
      So after watching a replay of the game this morning it's clear now when Bobby is up for it our attack is scintillating and no defence can live with us.

I'm not sure why he has been so inconsistent this season but it could be a combination of post WC fatigue and a touch of complacency due to the fact he knows there is no one else in the squad that can push him out of this starting spot.

He's had a 6/10 season when it can and should be 8/10 given his quality. If he continues to play like yesterday consistently for the remainder of the season he will be the key difference in us winning the title.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #456: Feb 10, 2019 12:39:06 pm
      So after watching a replay of the game this morning it's clear now when Bobby is up for it our attack is scintillating and no defence can live with us.

I'm not sure why he has been so inconsistent this season but it could be a combination of post WC fatigue and a touch of complacency due to the fact he knows there is no one else in the squad that can push him out of this starting spot.

He's had a 6/10 season when it can and should be 8/10 given his quality. If he continues to play like yesterday consistently for the remainder of the season he will be the key difference in us winning the title.

I think you have to look at what he does off the ball as much as what he does on the ball.
      That's the key.
      He's everywhere, and constantly working defenders, pulling them out of shape, keeping them busy, making so much room for others to exploit.

The thing yesterday was that Bournemouth didn't mob any of our attackers.
      How many times we've seen 2 or 3 opposition players on Salah as soon as he gets the ball.
      Same with Firmino.
      Both the midfield and attack had lots of time and space, and they took advantage of it.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #457: Feb 10, 2019 12:57:29 pm
      I think you have to look at what he does off the ball as much as what he does on the ball.
      That's the key.
      He's everywhere, and constantly working defenders, pulling them out of shape, keeping them busy, making so much room for others to exploit.

The thing yesterday was that Bournemouth didn't mob any of our attackers.
      How many times we've seen 2 or 3 opposition players on Salah as soon as he gets the ball.
      Same with Firmino.
      Both the midfield and attack had lots of time and space, and they took advantage of it.

True. It's the games when his brilliant work rate combines with a final end product that Bobby looks world class. If he can do that consistently he'll be up there with the best for them.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #458: Feb 10, 2019 01:03:42 pm
      True. It's the games when his brilliant work rate combines with a final end product that Bobby looks world class. If he can do that consistently he'll be up there with the best for them.

To be fair to Firmino, he hasn't played as high up as he did yesterday in a good few matches this season. Also, one thing that rarely gets mentioned is his hold up play, I think it's on par with world class target players and Suarez.

I would love to see him stay higher up from now on and keep Salah on the right.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #459: Feb 10, 2019 01:05:41 pm
      To be fair to Firmino, he hasn't played as high up as he did yesterday in a good few matches this season. Also, one thing that rarely gets mentioned is his hold up play, I think it's on par with world class target players and Suarez.

I would love to see him stay higher up from now on and keep Salah on the right.
      that's how it was last season and it worked well.

Quick Reply