Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Bmouth?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      3 (2.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (1.9%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      47 (43.5%)
      Naby Keïta
      17 (15.7%)
       Fabinho
      5 (4.6%)
      Mohammed Salah
      20 (18.5%)
      Roberto Firmino
      6 (5.6%)
      Sadio Mane
      8 (7.4%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Voting closed: Feb 13, 2019 04:52:17 pm

Liverpool 3-0 AFC Bournemouth: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 23514 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Liverpool 3-0 AFC Bournemouth: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #460: Feb 10, 2019 01:07:53 pm
      that's how it was last season and it worked well.

I do recall him playing higher up as a 9 than deeper as a 10 more often, or maybe I am wrong? When did Klopp first introduce Salah as the 9, it was the very late stages of the season?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #461: Feb 10, 2019 01:11:26 pm
      that's how it was last season and it worked well.

The change yesterday was having Bobby central and higher up, Salah back on the right and crucially the midfield being dynamic and fluid and always pressing forwards, it was much much better than recent games. This is my favoured midfield and if we stick with this then we'll win a hell of a lot of games with a lot of goals as well.
      Honestly if we can replicate that performance against manure then we win the game, Just hope Klopp doesn't go neg for that game with Hendo, Milner and Gini in midfield, but I don't think he will now, I think he now trusts Fab and Keita in the middle.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #462: Feb 10, 2019 01:16:12 pm
      The change yesterday was having Bobby central and higher up, Salah back on the right and crucially the midfield being dynamic and fluid and always pressing forwards, it was much much better than recent games. This is my favoured midfield and if we stick with this then we'll win a hell of a lot of games with a lot of goals as well.
      Honestly if we can replicate that performance against manure then we win the game, Just hope Klopp doesn't go neg for that game with Hendo, Milner and Gini in midfield, but I don't think he will now, I think he now trusts Fab and Keita in the middle.

Agreed - it’ll be wrong drop Fabinho. He’s been so good, a proper classy player.

Keita was excellent and don’t get me started on Wijnaldum.

Love that midfield 3 - with the energy of Henderson to come on 65+
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #463: Feb 10, 2019 01:16:33 pm
      We can’t mate.

Best in the world at what he’s does.

Lose so much more than we’d gain even when he’s scrappy (even on Monday - when he was rank - some of the awfulness was just an inch or two away from opening them up).

Even this Yank can see how amazing Bobby is when he’s at his best, how someone could watch that output yesterday and think he was anything but class boggles my mind.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #464: Feb 10, 2019 01:30:43 pm
      f***in Pisses me off when your posts are removed for fear other poster's may be offended,

It seems there exists one rule for one and another rule for other's,
      Ive seen posts on these boards far far worse than some of the ones i have posted,

I've also had the pleasure of being in conversation with members with a far better education in LFC's history than myself and learnt from it,

Sadly, those Oracles are long gone and very few are left,
       it seems to me that voicing ones opinions are only permissible if they fall within certain parameters,  and  if you dont upset the politically correct.

I used to think this Forum was very good, but sadly it has fallen way below what it was when i joined over ten yrs back.

Shame that like society we have to pander to the yogurt knitters of this world !!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #465: Feb 10, 2019 01:36:30 pm
      F**kin Pisses me off when your posts are removed for fear other poster's may be offended,

Ive seen posts on these boards far far worse than some of the ones i have posted,

I've also had the pleasure of being in conversation with members with a far better education in LFC's history than myself and learnt from it,

it seems to me that voicing ones opinions are only permissible if they fall within certain parameters,  and  if you dont upset the politically correct.

I used to think this Forum was very good, but sadly it has fallen way below what it was when i joined over ten yrs back.

Shame that like society we have to pander to the yogurt knitters of this world !!

Your turn to go soft Billy mate?

Feel your pain - been there. Recently. ✊

Up the reds #YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #466: Feb 10, 2019 02:01:17 pm
      Your turn to go soft Billy mate?

Feel your pain - been there. Recently. ✊

Up the reds #YNWA

Thought i already was going soft mate, i only swore twice, maybe if i go to church , stop wanking and be a good little boy i might be accepted,  what dya reckon ?

YNWA
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #467: Feb 10, 2019 02:03:49 pm
      f***in Pisses me off when your posts are removed for fear other poster's may be offended,

To be honest, the incredibly whiny post about "blasphemy" really cracked me up.
      Talk about clutching at straws in a desperate attempt to get attention.

I respect other peoples beliefs, but it works both ways, so browbeating people (or trying to ) about "blasphemy" is only ever going to result in me saying "F**k your god; if an supposed all seeing, all knowing invisible sky man is going to go all snowflake over F**k all, let him at it"
      *awaits lightning strike. No? Thought not.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #468: Feb 10, 2019 02:16:25 pm
      To be honest, the incredibly whiny post about "blasphemy" really cracked me up.
      Talk about clutching at straws in a desperate attempt to get attention.

I respect other peoples beliefs, but it works both ways, so browbeating people (or trying to ) about "blasphemy" is only ever going to result in me saying "f**k your god; if an supposed all seeing, all knowing invisible sky man is going to go all snowflake over f**k all, let him at it"
      *awaits lightning strike. No? Thought not.

The way i see it is, when i post I'm liking it to being stood on the Kop, or sat these days and saying it as i see it, without a seconds thought of offence to anyone,  for me its a  place where you vent your sh*te good or bad, i can't get to Anfield these days or indeed anywhere i could 'let go' if you will,

Where else is there,  for a ordinary working man to release some of life's tensions, then be dictated to , ' you can't say this, or you can't say that,
      I guess we've become a soft centered society where fear of offending others takes precedence over having a  true reflection on certain matters.

Sad society syndrome!!

YNWA
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #469: Feb 10, 2019 02:40:06 pm
      The way i see it is, when i post I'm liking it to being stood on the Kop, or sat these days and saying it as i see it, without a seconds thought of offence to anyone,  for me its a  place where you vent your sh*te good or bad, i can't get to Anfield these days or indeed anywhere i could 'let go' if you will,

Where else is there,  for a ordinary working man to release some of life's tensions, then be dictated to , ' you can't say this, or you can't say that,
      I guess we've become a soft centered society where fear of offending others takes precedence over having a  true reflection on certain matters.

Sad society syndrome!!

YNWA

I completely understand where you're coming from in regards to venting.
      It's the main reason I stay out of the match threads while the match is going on.
      My family and friends are used to me shouting at the TV when I'm watching a match, so I'm all good as far as that goes.
      My only gripe is that some are far too quick to start slating the players, the team, the manager.
      It's got to the stage now where if we haven't scored in the first 20 minutes, some are tearing their hair out (or pretending to), just so they can start on their agenda again.
      Wait til we lose. The "Klopp is so overrated" posts will start appearing again.

I'm old school.
      I don't slag players for the sake of it.
      If they're wearing an LFC strip, I support them.
      Yeah, I know some say things in the heat of a match, it's always been that way, but woe betide any outsider who started that sh*te, especially in the pubs after the match.
      Then there's the ones who lie in wait, seemingly wishing for something to go wrong so they can jump on it and make a fuss.
      It's this calculated whinging and targeting of particular players that gets me, so another reason I stay out of the match thread.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #470: Feb 10, 2019 03:07:42 pm
      This is what we needed to get some positive vibes around the players and supporters, looked very good got a couple goals early and saw it off in the second half keeping a clean sheet. Hoping to see more production from Gini going forward as he is capable of putting up goals and assists like he did in his first season, maybe this goal will make him the guy in the middle who can chip in more of the offence. Like to give Milner a little credit as well, second game with assist from the full back position.

Hopefully this break will allow us to get some bodies back to full fitness before what will be a hectic and important couple of weeks.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #471: Feb 10, 2019 03:14:14 pm
      Whichever mod is deciding to delete my post and leave posts calling people retards, can they PM me. I'd rather deal with them than have to talk directly to site owners. Anfield Online etc...

Give it a rest -for Christ sake it’s a forum and bad language will be used.

It’s clear to me that you are a troll - because we won yesterday you are now looking to wind up people a different way.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #472: Feb 10, 2019 03:15:50 pm

It’s clear to me that you are a troll - because we won yesterday you are now looking to wind up people a different way.

Jaysus, don't blaspheme, he'll go full snowflake.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #473: Feb 10, 2019 04:08:54 pm
      To be fair to Firmino, he hasn't played as high up as he did yesterday in a good few matches this season. Also, one thing that rarely gets mentioned is his hold up play, I think it's on par with world class target players and Suarez.

I would love to see him stay higher up from now on and keep Salah on the right.
      What you said, and yesterday the pace of the game was more intense instead of that slow methodical build up build up we have seen most of the season... I feel a big part of Bobby's game is how quickly he thinks on the ball and how quickly he lays the ball off. defenders find it hard to live with that mental quickness

Point... The goal he set up for Salah
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #474: Feb 10, 2019 05:09:02 pm
      Well Chelsea only srarting to fkn play now once there 4 down. That wee c**t aguero is always in right bloody place. Pissed off even more with spurs keep getting totally outplayed for the third week in a row. Leicester could have scored 10 and still nick another win. Oh well.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #475: Feb 10, 2019 10:21:23 pm

Don't worry, I stuck that CT_LFC on ignore. Move on.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #476: Feb 10, 2019 10:34:51 pm
      On the Firmino front, I did say Origi should come in for Bobby. Mainly to try and get some serious game time into his legs. We just don't know if injuries will happen and getting as many of the squad up to speed is important.

As it happened Bobby had a good game.He did miss a couple of good chances but did well. Opportunities to give support strikers game time are limited.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #477: Feb 10, 2019 10:37:57 pm
      Jaysus, don't blaspheme, he'll go full snowflake.

if its good enough for Batman
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #478: Feb 10, 2019 10:47:55 pm

Thought i already was going soft mate, i only swore twice, maybe if i go to church , stop wanking and be a good little boy i might be accepted,  what dya reckon ?

YNWA

No danger.

You’re proper fu**ed and going to hell.

On the upside though - you dodged Goodison.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #479: Feb 10, 2019 10:49:02 pm

You leave him out of this!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #480: Feb 10, 2019 11:01:42 pm

Sad society syndrome!!

YNWA

there is a whole section of society spending every waking hour just hoping to be offended so they can start shouting about abuse.
      Well if they end up the majority on forums then there will not be any forums because being human people have good days and bad days some days they will say stuff they wouldn't say the following day. TO be honest there are just a few on here that are slowly killing the place and I am not sure what will be the first for me a ban or self imposed Exile.
      I consider this place to be an extension of the Crowd at Anfield and if you started to complain about language or kept slagging off players you wouldn't really last very long.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #481: Feb 10, 2019 11:16:42 pm
      Nice to get back to winning ways lads.

So hard to give a MOTM to. I narrowed it down to Naby, Fabinho, Mo, Gini and Bobby.

Think I will give it to Naby as that's the type of performance I was expecting from him, when we signed him. Pity he didn't finish off that chance for a goal but I feel it coming and soon.

12 games to go. One game at a time and we can do this

EDIT: Perfect score in the Prediction League so happy dayz all round.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #482: Feb 11, 2019 11:40:03 am
      2nd best top flight season in our history. 1987/88 we had 66 points from 26 W20D6.

More points though than the other 17 title winning years and we've now got more points in 26 games than we ended with in 6 of the last 9 seasons!! 😎
      Very impressive however didn’t it used to be 2 points for a win. Would have been before my time so no idea when it changed. I wonder what kind of totals Paisley might have got on 3 points a win.

Quick Reply