Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Bayern Munich (Tue, 19th Feb 2019 - 20:00) Round of 16

Read 20031 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Bayern Munich (Tue, 19th Feb 2019 - 20:00) Round of 16
      Reply #184: Feb 19, 2019 12:55:26 pm
      I feel strangely confident about tonight I think we have been playing with the handbrake on recently clearly trying to ensure we are absolutely at our best for the run-in.

Time to unlock & re load Gegenpress..
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Bayern Munich (Tue, 19th Feb 2019 - 20:00) Round of 16
      Reply #185: Feb 19, 2019 12:59:46 pm
      Squeaky bum time..
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #186: Feb 19, 2019 01:15:11 pm
      so you felt confident about City away, I know I didn't!

I am a lot more confident going into games with VVD.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #187: Feb 19, 2019 01:29:57 pm
      Leaving for the game have a good night reds
      Come on redmen .
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #188: Feb 19, 2019 01:44:52 pm
      Come on redmen .

Safe trip mate, roar us on...

https://twitter.com/anythinglfc_/status/1097849502839554048?s=21
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #189: Feb 19, 2019 01:46:19 pm
      Come on redmen .

Have a good one, get that 12th man going for us ;)
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #190: Feb 19, 2019 02:06:39 pm
      Have a good one, get that 12th man going for us ;)
      Always a given 👍
      macbk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts | 64 
      Reply #191: Feb 19, 2019 02:31:38 pm
      Nerves are starting to set in. Really sucks not having VVD for this leg.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #192: Feb 19, 2019 02:47:53 pm
      ThomasMueller
      • On Trial

• 4 posts | 45 
      Reply #193: Feb 19, 2019 02:54:58 pm
      Hi everyone :)

I wanna give you an update on our current form and my prediction as a fan. I'm pretty sure, we will play in that way:

------------------------------------Neuer------------------------------------
      ---Kimmich------------Süle-----------------Hummels---------Alaba-------
      -------------------------------Martínez--------------------------------------
      -----------Thiago-------------------------James---------------------------
      --Gnabry------------------------------------------------Coman-----------
      ------------------------Lewandowski--------------------------------------

Until last friday against Augsburg we had to play 3 matches without Neuer, cause he had issues with his thumb. Tendinitis i think is the english word. He is not at 100%. He can't be. You already saw it against Augsburg, that he was a little bit afraid to save as always. Once he saved like a beachvolleyball player. ;D.

I think Kimmich has to defend Mané and this should be a huge problem for Kimmich. His attacking skills are quite good, but defense isn't Kimmich's best part. His positional play is awful and he had complicity that we were 0-1 down against Augsburg after 13 seconds.

Next one: Süle. Has the potential to be one of the best german defenders in the future, but right now? Horrible form and I wish Boateng could play, but he's out for todays match due to gastrointestinal complaints.
      Hummels plays awful since 2 years. Just watch our DFB Pokal match against Hertha. In every single match he has one big dropout.

Alaba is fine, but his weakness will always be the defensive part and against Salah tonight? Pheeeeew. Salah's gonna have a party.

Martínez lost his regular place in the Bundesliga, cause in the league we play much more offensive than we will do tonight. Therefore he will play, but without much playing practise, cause Kovac has the opinion he didn't need one. So we only can trust Kovac and believe me, we don't trust him very much ;)

Thiago and James are in a fantastic form and as a Duo they are brillant. Problem: Thiago isn't a man for big games. His Performance in Madrid last year was awesome, but in all the other big games in the Champions league? Man, it's to despair. On the other hand you have James, who is the perfect man for big games.

Gnabry was our best man in the last games. He scored some Goals, he is very fast, has some good ideas.. just sometimes he is selfish and Lewandowski is like, damn man! Just pass the ball to me!

Coman, mhh. He had to leave the field friday due to an injury. After the match, the first media said "It doesn't look good, he will not be able to play against Liverpool!" One day later, all clear, he can play. Sunday: He maybe can play. Yesterday he did the full Training and so I think he is able to play, but is he at 100%? I don't know. However. I like Coman. He is as fast as Gnabry, maybe a little bit more and he gets over every Defender. But his huge problem is, even though he scored 2 goals on friday before he was fouled, his shoot skills are are worse than mine ;) seriously, it's really bad and he also needs to improve his last pass.

If Ribery has to play, good night. Soon a 36-year old man, who can't help us anymore. At least not in the Champions League and especially not against a team like yours.

And the last one. Robert Lewandowski. The only hope, we Bayern fans have tonight are your central defenders. Lewandowski would have Problems with Virgil (and Gomez), but Matip and Fabinho? There could be some attacks, where he will get his chances and he does really well this season.

So, how will the match end? I can speak for nearly every Bayern Fan i talked to or i read in social media, Forum etc. - we do not believe, the we will win this match. We would be very happy about a draw, but everyone think Liverpool wins 3:1, 3:0, whatever. You have the better team and the better Coach. In the tactical way Klopp knows exactly how to play Bayern, but does Kovac know how to play Liverpool @Anfield tonight? I don't believe so. I think we will play extremly defensive and just look for Counter attacks. Man, not even in Amsterdam we played offensive und tonight against Liverpool we should attack? Never, believe me. We will do everything that Salah, Firmino and Mané at least can't play their speed Advantages.

Our last matches also didn't make hope. Augsburg is one of the worst teams in the league and we just won 3:2. Against Hertha we had to go into overtime, against Leverkusen we took the lead and still lost 3:1. Against Stuttgart, also one of the worst teams in the league we won 4:1, but don't believe the result. Stuttgart was so close to the 2:1, we just had luck and they are too bad in the defensive play.

And honestly, you know what I see in your team? The same as I saw in my Bayern team 2013. 2012 we lost the league title to Dortmund, the DFB Pokal to Dortmund and the Champions League to Chelsea and in the next year this team wanted to win f**king everything, whatever it costs. I feel that it's your turn. That it's finally Klopp's year to win the Champions League, but I hope for a wonder. Everything's possible in football and as a Bayern fan I already had some matches, that I never thought we would bin, but we did.

Have a nice day and a beautiful match tonight :)
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #194: Feb 19, 2019 03:56:23 pm

I wanna give you an update on our current form and my prediction as a fan. I'm pretty sure, we will play in that way:

Until last friday against Augsburg we had to play 3 matches without Neuer, cause he had issues with his thumb. Tendinitis i think is the english word. He is not at 100%. He can't be. You already saw it against Augsburg, that he was a little bit afraid to save as always. Once he saved like a beachvolleyball player. ;D.

I think Kimmich has to defend Mané and this should be a huge problem for Kimmich. His attacking skills are quite good, but defense isn't Kimmich's best part. His positional play is awful and he had complicity that we were 0-1 down against Augsburg after 13 seconds.

Next one: Süle. Has the potential to be one of the best german defenders in the future, but right now? Horrible form and I wish Boateng could play, but he's out for todays match due to gastrointestinal complaints.
      Hummels plays awful since 2 years. Just watch our DFB Pokal match against Hertha. In every single match he has one big dropout.

Alaba is fine, but his weakness will always be the defensive part and against Salah tonight? Pheeeeew. Salah's gonna have a party.

Martínez lost his regular place in the Bundesliga, cause in the league we play much more offensive than we will do tonight. Therefore he will play, but without much playing practise, cause Kovac has the opinion he didn't need one. So we only can trust Kovac and believe me, we don't trust him very much ;)

Thiago and James are in a fantastic form and as a Duo they are brillant. Problem: Thiago isn't a man for big games. His Performance in Madrid last year was awesome, but in all the other big games in the Champions league? Man, it's to despair. On the other hand you have James, who is the perfect man for big games.

Gnabry was our best man in the last games. He scored some Goals, he is very fast, has some good ideas.. just sometimes he is selfish and Lewandowski is like, damn man! Just pass the ball to me!

Coman, mhh. He had to leave the field friday due to an injury. After the match, the first media said "It doesn't look good, he will not be able to play against Liverpool!" One day later, all clear, he can play. Sunday: He maybe can play. Yesterday he did the full Training and so I think he is able to play, but is he at 100%? I don't know. However. I like Coman. He is as fast as Gnabry, maybe a little bit more and he gets over every Defender. But his huge problem is, even though he scored 2 goals on friday before he was fouled, his shoot skills are are worse than mine ;) seriously, it's really bad and he also needs to improve his last pass.

If Ribery has to play, good night. Soon a 36-year old man, who can't help us anymore. At least not in the Champions League and especially not against a team like yours.

And the last one. Robert Lewandowski. The only hope, we Bayern fans have tonight are your central defenders. Lewandowski would have Problems with Virgil (and Gomez), but Matip and Fabinho? There could be some attacks, where he will get his chances and he does really well this season.

So, how will the match end? I can speak for nearly every Bayern Fan i talked to or i read in social media, Forum etc. - we do not believe, the we will win this match. We would be very happy about a draw, but everyone think Liverpool wins 3:1, 3:0, whatever. You have the better team and the better Coach. In the tactical way Klopp knows exactly how to play Bayern, but does Kovac know how to play Liverpool @Anfield tonight? I don't believe so. I think we will play extremly defensive and just look for Counter attacks. Man, not even in Amsterdam we played offensive und tonight against Liverpool we should attack? Never, believe me. We will do everything that Salah, Firmino and Mané at least can't play their speed Advantages.

Our last matches also didn't make hope. Augsburg is one of the worst teams in the league and we just won 3:2. Against Hertha we had to go into overtime, against Leverkusen we took the lead and still lost 3:1. Against Stuttgart, also one of the worst teams in the league we won 4:1, but don't believe the result. Stuttgart was so close to the 2:1, we just had luck and they are too bad in the defensive play.

And honestly, you know what I see in your team? The same as I saw in my Bayern team 2013. 2012 we lost the league title to Dortmund, the DFB Pokal to Dortmund and the Champions League to Chelsea and in the next year this team wanted to win f**king everything, whatever it costs. I feel that it's your turn. That it's finally Klopp's year to win the Champions League, but I hope for a wonder. Everything's possible in football and as a Bayern fan I already had some matches, that I never thought we would bin, but we did.

Superb analysis! But believe me mate, you are Bayern Munich - one of the most successful teams in world football and an absolute giant of a club. This will be some football match and Bayern have quality all over the pitch, with one of the best strikers of all time leading the line.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #195: Feb 19, 2019 04:02:24 pm

Guten Nachmittag  Thomas.

Ich spreche nur ein bisschen Deutsch  !

I know what you are doing meine freund.   Its all mind games.  Herr Kovac has told you to tell us all that !

Viel Gluck    ........   but for next year !

;D

xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,183 posts | 526 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #196: Feb 19, 2019 04:12:36 pm
      Guten Nachmittag  Thomas.

Ich spreche nur ein bisschen Deutsch  !

I know what you are doing meine freund.   Its all mind games.  Herr Kovac has told you to tell us all that !

Viel Gluck    ........   but for next year !

;D

xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

;D Like a boss Miro mate. :D

Sitting in front of my PC for hours now, got so much sh*t to do, but can't concentrate for the life of me. Time couldn't pass any slower.

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #197: Feb 19, 2019 04:18:53 pm
      We need to bring confidence to Manure's game and no better way to do it!!!

YNWA Reds
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #198: Feb 19, 2019 04:24:25 pm
      We need to bring confidence to Manure's game and no better way to do it!!!

YNWA Reds

Do your stuff mate.

Love your match threads :)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #199: Feb 19, 2019 04:36:23 pm

I call BS on this one! :D

Top post mate, but trust me there's just as much tension on our side without having VVD and Gomez, TAA having not played 90 minutes in a while and probably going with an untried midfield trio of Hendo/Milner, Naby and Gini.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #200: Feb 19, 2019 04:42:12 pm
      Bobby's back OK all the lads are rested and focused on coming out into an atmosphere that will make your hair stand on end I cant wait its going to be one of those nights that is life affirming sit back enjoy the ride and watch the Reds dismantle Bayern.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #201: Feb 19, 2019 04:47:29 pm
      May be Hendo at the back with Matip but Klopp will probably go with Fabinho alongside Joey.

Could be a tight finish this tie. A 2 goal lead might be enough but any lead might be hard to come by. They will be very deep, cover will be doubled up. Got to step up. Nervy night
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #202: Feb 19, 2019 04:52:32 pm

;D Like a boss Miro mate. :D

Sitting in front of my PC for hours now, got so much sh*t to do, but can't concentrate for the life of me. Time couldn't pass any slower.

I know how you feel .
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #203: Feb 19, 2019 04:56:51 pm
      Don't know what to do with myself for another 3 hours.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #204: Feb 19, 2019 05:06:57 pm

Manscape...
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #205: Feb 19, 2019 05:08:33 pm

I know. These few hours before big games always drag. I'm not certain being out of the FA cup was a good thing. Squads being away takes the pressure off but it might not be the best prep. Have to hit the ground running in these games - can we do that after fairly low intensive training.

Probably make no difference. 2-0.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #206: Feb 19, 2019 05:21:28 pm

That’s a good honest assessment of your teams strengths and weaknesses Thomas. As you know, we are also not at full strength due to suspension and injuries, which sort of levels the playing field a bit.
      I’m expecting, or should I say, hoping we win tonight of course, but I think this is going to be a tough but entertaining game for both sides.
      Can’t wait for ko now. Good luck mate, but not too much 😁

Quick Reply