Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Bayern Munich (Tue, 19th Feb 2019 - 20:00) Round of 16

Read 20048 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Bayern Munich (Tue, 19th Feb 2019 - 20:00) Round of 16
      Reply #23: Feb 11, 2019 07:32:59 pm
                               Alisson
            Trent  Hoever  Matip  Robertson
                               Fabinho
                         Gini          Keita
                  Salah     Firmino     Mane

We got F**k all to lose in this first of a two leg tie, and without our main man at the back, whoever we play at the back we are considerably weaker without the big fella, so I'd put my faith in youth and play Hoever in his favourite position,  Fabinho is a midfielder and not a CB, and playing him there with Matip further weakens the side especially in midfield,  Henderson at RB or CB a definite No no, and a Fabinho,  Gini & Keita is our best midfield trio, imo,

If you look at that X1, there's not one player playing out of position  ?

Your probably saying I've f***in lost it, but BM  are not the side of old and it is over two legs which i would always favour us against anyone,

I don't want to be disrespectful to the CL, but for me for this season in particular we should be putting all our eggs in the title winning basket,  of course getting through would be fantastic but going out could give us a massive shot in the arm playing only once a week,  in the title run in, going out at this stage would not be the end of the world would it ?

Yes its a gamble, but so is playing players out of position and so is weakening your midfield  !

2-1 Mighty Redmen

YNWA

RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Bayern Munich (Tue, 19th Feb 2019 - 20:00) Round of 16
      Reply #24: Feb 11, 2019 07:48:57 pm

We got f**k all to lose in this first of a two leg tie, and without our main man at the back, whoever we play at the back we are considerably weaker without the big fella, so I'd put my faith in youth and play Hoever in his favourite position

We have got somthing to lose. No use gambling on playing a kid in Hoever. He looks promising and could become a beast but you risk losing goals to a hugely experienced side who will no doubt be looking to ask questions of a 17 year old lad at the heart of our defence.

Plus you risk destroying the lads confidence. Throwing him in at the deep end in a huge game is not the answer for me, not good for him or or the team in my opinion.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #25: Feb 11, 2019 07:59:51 pm
      We have got somthing to lose. No use gambling on playing a kid in Hoever. He looks promising and could become a beast but you risk losing goals to a hugely experienced side who will no doubt be looking to ask questions of a 17 year old lad at the heart of our defence.

Plus you risk destroying the lads confidence. Throwing him in at the deep end in a huge game is not the answer for me, not good for him or or the team in my opinion.

Fairy muff mate,  each to their own and all that, but for me the lad is good enough,  can't argue with the baptism of fire thing but it wouldn't destroy him, in fact it would actually give him a real boost in confidence,  win or lose he'll know his manager has faith in him along with the trust, for me its a positive and not a negative.

YNWA
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #26: Feb 11, 2019 08:17:29 pm
      Were missing a few so are they. 2 mega clubs well overdue  a battle. Very hard to call

Not sure theyll handle our pace should we utilise it
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #27: Feb 11, 2019 08:24:11 pm
      Didn't Neymar mouth off about how the atmosphere at Anfield's european nights wasn't gonna bother him or his PSG team? ;D
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      Reply #28: Feb 11, 2019 08:27:04 pm

Not sure theyll handle our pace should we utilise it

I’ll go along with that. I liked Neur’s comments on how they won’t be intimidated by the Anfield atmosphere. Like music to my ears that. How many have said that down the years?...so many have learnt the hard way, let’s add Bayern to that list.

rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #29: Feb 11, 2019 08:27:52 pm
      Would go with Hendo for UTD  and keep same 3 for Bayern
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #30: Feb 11, 2019 08:43:50 pm
                      Alisson

TAA  Matip  Lovren  Robbo

Hendo   Fab   Gini

Mo      Bobby     Mane

Pretty sure this will be the team, if all fit.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #31: Feb 11, 2019 08:43:58 pm
      Would go with Hendo for UTD  and keep same 3 for Bayern
      nah. Hendo for Munich. Same 3 for United!
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #32: Feb 11, 2019 08:45:30 pm
      I’ll go along with that. I liked Neur’s comments on how they won’t be intimidated by the Anfield atmosphere. Like music to my ears that. How many have said that down the years?...so many have learnt the hard way, let’s add Bayern to that list.

Not sure what else was Neuer expected to say? "yea, we're going to go in there and panic"? And his comments from the article posted on this thread are pretty complimentary of Anfield.

"We have heard a lot about the atmosphere in the stadium,” he told ESPN. “Everyone who watches football knows it's special, and I think they will be two great games.

"For us, the Champions League is very important. It is a knockout tie, two finals. We are happy to play in their stadium.

"It's the first game for me at Anfield. I'm looking forward to playing there.
      "Hopefully, it will be great night for us. But it depends on the result, of course."
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #33: Feb 11, 2019 08:50:41 pm
      nah. Hendo for Munich. Same 3 for United!

Nah sorry
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,183 posts | 526 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #34: Feb 11, 2019 09:06:10 pm
      Not sure what else was Neuer expected to say? "yea, we're going to go in there and panic"? And his comments from the article posted on this thread are pretty complimentary of Anfield.

"We have heard a lot about the atmosphere in the stadium,” he told ESPN. “Everyone who watches football knows it's special, and I think they will be two great games.

"For us, the Champions League is very important. It is a knockout tie, two finals. We are happy to play in their stadium.

"It's the first game for me at Anfield. I'm looking forward to playing there.
      "Hopefully, it will be great night for us. But it depends on the result, of course."

Yes, the headline is just one big click bait. 
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      Reply #35: Feb 11, 2019 09:13:07 pm
      Not sure what else was Neuer expected to say? "yea, we're going to go in there and panic"? And his comments from the article posted on this thread are pretty complimentary of Anfield

Obviously I’m not expecting him to say that and I’m not suggesting what he did say was derogatory towards us. What I was trying to say is that, the atmosphere could play a part, especially against a team who have not experienced it having last played Bayern competitively in the 2001 Super Cup if my memory serves me right. The fact that he has mentioned it in the build up is a plus for me.

I’m sure Robben could shed some light to Manuel of what it was like in 2005 though!
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36: Feb 11, 2019 10:50:51 pm

??? Champions League Knockout Stages, First Leg  :f_doh:

;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #37: Feb 11, 2019 11:00:35 pm
      I'm going to assume that Lovren won't be fit, so in that case I haven't got a problem with Fabinho at the back.

Crazy how in such a short space of time we've gone from desperate to get back into the Champions League, in it and go all the way to the final to now a match v Bayern Munich in the knockout stages which is not the most important game of the week.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #38: Feb 11, 2019 11:15:03 pm
      What a monster of a game.
      Fantastic stuff...European night against Bayern.
      I would, for the Bayern game go with:
      Alison
      TAA
      Matip
      Lovren
      Robertson
      Fabinho
      Gini
      Hendo
      Salah
      Mane
      Bobby

And then for United go with:
      Alison
      TAA
      Matip
      VVD
      Robertson
      Fabinho
      Hendo
      Gini
      Salah
      Mane
      Bobby

Prediction:
      We draw with Bayern 2-2
      We beat united 2-1

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #39: Feb 12, 2019 01:55:31 am

No Gini
      No party
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #40: Feb 12, 2019 03:58:11 pm
      Looks like Lovren is not going to make it.

Fabinho Matip in defence (F**k sake Matip, don’t get injured in Marbella!)

Keita Henderson Wijnaldum middle three.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #41: Feb 12, 2019 06:57:01 pm
      Klopp knows the Bundeslique pretty much while Keita had first hand experience playing their, so it helps a great deal. Bayern doesn't sounds corky to me and certainly beatable and it will be a great match. Again, we will be asking for an electric atmosphere from our fans.
      « Last Edit: Feb 12, 2019 07:04:44 pm by redkop63 »
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #42: Feb 12, 2019 07:07:47 pm

I will move Fabinho as centre back in place of Lovren and obviously I will add Gini.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #43: Feb 12, 2019 07:12:57 pm
      Just a question. Not trying to invoke a reaction or anything. When does it become viable to introduce Hoever into the fray?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #44: Feb 12, 2019 07:15:34 pm
      Just a question. Not trying to invoke a reaction or anything. When does it become viable to introduce Hoever into the fray?

Obviously, not this year! In the pre-season next year. He should be nowhere near our squad to be honest. I'm not saying this because he is not a potential but for sure not up to stand at the moment to compete for the League or Champions League. It has nothing to do with his age.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #45: Feb 12, 2019 07:23:02 pm

He'll probably be on the bench, but it doesn't really bear thinking about him at CB against Bayern Munich. He is a skinny wee kid. I'd probably play Trent or Hendo at CB if we were that desperate, but at the minute it'll be Fab n Matip if Lovren is out.

Quick Reply