Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Kop convention Las Vegas 2019

Read 8581 times
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Kop convention Las Vegas 2019
      Feb 11, 2019 07:37:16 pm
      I know there's not many Americans on here but seen this kicking around the internets,https://kopcon.org/.It's not my cup of tea but could be Liverpool in the champions league final that weekend!
      KOPCON-Las-Vegas
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Re: Kop convention Las Vegas 2019
      Reply #1: Feb 13, 2019 08:17:00 pm
      Hi Mate

As you may have guessed from the username I am involved in organising the event. Didn't plan on doing it on Champions League weekend it was supposed to originally be in August but it had to get moved forward. Would be some party if we won it!
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #2: Feb 13, 2019 10:16:10 pm
      Do ya have a feeling for the numbers ya might get yet? I wonder if some of the americans might shy away cos of no official club involvement.Be interesting to follow anyways,good luck with it.
      KOPCON-Las-Vegas
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #3: Feb 14, 2019 08:18:05 pm
      Interest has been good so far and we have made a solid start to ticket sales. Target is at least 250-300.

I saw the Celtic fans singing YNWA at the pool party at their Vegas conference on youtube and thought there's no reason we cant do something like that in North america for LFC, there is so many reds in USA and Canada. I contacted a few more influential people than myself about the possibility of putting on an event and it went from there. We had a few calls with the Celtic organisers who were brilliant and a lot of help.

If this first event is successful then it will be much bigger next year, with some bigger names coming out.

So yeah, getting Marc Kenny to perform was a big one. A lot of players were willing but wanted to stay within a moderate budget. Terry Mac is the biggest name, but The Doc is a good bloke and he may bring his medals for photo oppurtunitys. Howard Gayle, by no means an LFC legend on the pitch, but a legend in other ways being our first black player. Solid line up for a first event and i'm happy with what we have achieved.

It should be a hell of a weekend, especially if we get to Madrid!

KOPCON-Las-Vegas
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #4: Feb 14, 2019 08:25:38 pm
      And yes, its not an official club event, but we did make them aware of the plans and there was no problem there.

Saying that, some of the people involved behind the scenes are big hitters in the North American LFC community, its hardly been thrown together by some random fans.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #5: Feb 14, 2019 08:36:43 pm
      Vegas?

KOPCON-Las-Vegas
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #6: May 08, 2019 04:33:39 pm
      Roy Evans will now be attending the Las Vegas event.... and also.... CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL. Get in!!!! If you cant go Madrid then why not come to Vegas? This is going to be one hell of a party now! YNWA
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #7: May 09, 2019 01:57:12 pm
      Roy Evans will now be attending the Las Vegas event.... and also.... CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL. Get in!!!! If you cant go Madrid then why not come to Vegas? This is going to be one hell of a party now! YNWA

That worked out well then didn't it! 
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #8: May 10, 2019 06:52:33 am

Boss that. Seen a bit of this knocking around on twitter and the like, would definitely be there if I was living stateside! Putting LFC and Vegas together, someone deserves a medal for that :D
      KOPCON-Las-Vegas
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #9: May 13, 2019 04:30:07 pm
      Very lucky to be fair! Or was i just very confident we'd be in Madrid  ;)
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #10: May 30, 2019 02:54:25 pm
      It's kicking off today,good luck,have fun.

Quick Reply