Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

We are set up not to lose a game

Read 11491 times
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Re: We are set up not to lose a game
      Reply #115: Mar 09, 2019 12:38:54 pm
      I agree regarding Keita but even a slightly misfiring Keita offers more in attack than Hendo, Milner and Gini. I think until Ox comes back we should be playing Keita or possibly even Shaq, I think he could maybe do a decent job as AM, he certainly has an eye for goal.

This perception people have with Shaq is very different to the one one I’m
      seeing ,
      Has gone missing in every game he’s started.
      He’s had good patches off the bench but as a starter he’s been poor
      Not a starter of a game for me just my opinion of course .
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #116: Mar 09, 2019 12:47:50 pm
      seeing ,
      Yeah,in regard to your comment about him going missing  that was a criticism
      Of him at all of his previous clubs & the fact he can be very lazy also,didn’t expect to see the same at Liverpool though.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #117: Mar 09, 2019 01:30:05 pm
      Yeah,in regard to your comment about him going missing  that was a criticism
      Of him at all of his previous clubs & the fact he can be very lazy also,didn’t expect to see the same at Liverpool though.

I wouldn't say he has been lazy, I think his form has just dipped a bit recently, still a very valuable option off the bench
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #118: Mar 09, 2019 01:37:38 pm
      seeing ,

Agreed.
      However, I should also say that I don't think he's fully integrated into Klopp's systems yet, and that he'll be more consistent next season.
      I say that, because at times, I've seen him looking around, unsure of where he's supposed to be in relation to other players.
      I was worried about the "lazy" tag that seems to follow him around, but actually, I think that side of his game has been OK, and for the most part, he's pressed and tracked back pretty well.

We're still on course to equal last seasons number of league goals, so I'm not sure what the fuss is about in this thread.

regarding Keita, 27 games, 0 goals, 1 assist, so again, not sure where the clamour for him to start is coming from.
      I've no doubt he'll get better and better, but for me, the run in is not the place to be bedding a player in, bar some sub appearances.
      « Last Edit: Mar 09, 2019 01:41:39 pm by Swab »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #119: Mar 09, 2019 06:13:45 pm
      Klopp has held Shaqiri and Keita back. Milner and Henderson have had quite a few bad performances, Keita had one or two and he's dropped.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #120: Mar 09, 2019 06:16:29 pm
      Agreed.
      However, I should also say that I don't think he's fully integrated into Klopp's systems yet, and that he'll be more consistent next season.
      I say that, because at times, I've seen him looking around, unsure of where he's supposed to be in relation to other players.
      I was worried about the "lazy" tag that seems to follow him around, but actually, I think that side of his game has been OK, and for the most part, he's pressed and tracked back pretty well.

We're still on course to equal last seasons number of league goals, so I'm not sure what the fuss is about in this thread.

regarding Keita, 27 games, 0 goals, 1 assist, so again, not sure where the clamour for him to start is coming from.
      I've no doubt he'll get better and better, but for me, the run in is not the place to be bedding a player in, bar some sub appearances.
      How many of those 27 did he start? Also I don't think it's 27 appearances. I think 20 in league and 5 in cup.
      « Last Edit: Mar 09, 2019 06:26:36 pm by Ribapuru »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #121: Mar 11, 2019 10:51:06 am
      Right so another win and 4 goals scored yesterday, which could have easily been 5 or 6.

Do we still really think this side is set up not to lose and defensive?

After 30 League games we have:

5 more wins than last season

2 less drawn games

3 less defeats

Scored the same amount of goals, second highest in the league, and conceded 17 less than last season.

For me we're set up to win football matches and just because it doesn't look as attacking as last season don't let that fool you that our main aim going into each game isn't to win.

« Last Edit: Mar 11, 2019 01:11:36 pm by srslfc »
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #122: Mar 11, 2019 10:54:31 am
      It’s a bullshit thread and argument. We have outscored the league leaders in both the German and Italian leagues and only scored two goals less than the mighty and creative Barcelona.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes
      • Started Topic

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #123: Mar 11, 2019 01:30:49 pm
      Stats are more powerful than this sh*t post.

For a sh*t post you sure do spend a lot of time on it!!!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #124: Mar 11, 2019 01:36:43 pm
      Right so another win and 4 goals scored yesterday, which could have easily been 5 or 6.

2 less drawn games

3 less defeats

Scored the same amount of goals, second highest in the league, and conceded 17 less than last season.

For me we're set up to win football matches and just because it doesn't look as attacking as last season don't let that fool you that our main aim going into each game isn't to win.

Exactly, but as ever, those pushing an agenda ignore facts, go off on tangents, and generally act the sh*te rather than accept that the premise is wrong.

For info, I don't include the thread starter in this, it was a perfectly valid question that was hijacked by the usual suspects.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #125: Mar 11, 2019 04:57:13 pm
      Exactly, but as ever, those pushing an agenda ignore facts, go off on tangents, and generally act the sh*te rather than accept that the premise is wrong.

For info, I don't include the thread starter in this, it was a perfectly valid question that was hijacked by the usual suspects.

Yesterday we played with an AM in Lallana, consequently we created far more chances and goals. Baffled why this is hard to understand.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #126: Mar 12, 2019 04:55:37 am

2 less drawn games

3 less defeats

To support your argument Brother:

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #127: Mar 12, 2019 11:16:39 am
      To support your argument Brother:

That’s surprising, I really wouldn’t have put Arsenal as so much better off this season so far. Or Chelsea being better off for that matter.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #128: Mar 13, 2019 02:21:57 pm
      That’s surprising, I really wouldn’t have put Arsenal as so much better off this season so far. Or Chelsea being better off for that matter.

Chelsea was fifth at this stage last season and now sixth. Not better off by position.

Arsenal gained ground, but still below average benchmark standings Spurs, who stayed still at 3rd with the same points.

We however outperformed benchmark be leapfrogging Spurs. Whichever way you look at it, we gained on points and position. That's important.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #129: Mar 13, 2019 09:59:35 pm
      Yeah, the F**k we are
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #130: Mar 14, 2019 03:54:57 pm