Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

RIP Gordon Banks

Read 2506 times
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 5,237 posts | 752 
      RIP Gordon Banks
      Feb 12, 2019 09:48:21 pm
      Older fans like myself, may well remember Gordon Banks, a truly great Keeper who passed away earlier today.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: RIP Gordon Banks
      Reply #1: Feb 13, 2019 07:34:07 am
      Older fans like myself, may well remember Gordon Banks, a truly great Keeper who passed away earlier today.

I remember Gordon Banks very well his goalkeeping was top class.We had some battles with Gordon and Leicester in the 1960's,I still recall Leicester beating us at Anfield in the 1960's in the F.A.Cup.St John was distraught when the ref blew for full time.The Echo had a photo showing Gordon laughing at the saint and there was a  lot of animosity to Gordon for a while.However he was a top class goalie and it was a pleasure to see him play,R.I.P.Gordon you were one of the best.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 5,237 posts | 752 
      Reply #2: Feb 13, 2019 09:26:30 am
      I remember Gordon Banks very well his goalkeeping was top class.We had some battles with Gordon and Leicester in the 1960's,I still recall Leicester beating us at Anfield in the 1960's in the F.A.Cup.St John was distraught when the ref blew for full time.The Echo had a photo showing Gordon laughing at the saint and there was a  lot of animosity to Gordon for a while.However he was a top class goalie and it was a pleasure to see him play,R.I.P.Gordon you were one of the best.

He was a true great, remember Gordon in the 1966 World cup, roughly when I started following football, a year earlier in 1965.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #3: Feb 13, 2019 09:03:08 pm
      I am surprised this topic has not drawn more response seeing as Gordon Banks was hoping to sign for us at one stage.

Quick Reply