Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Liverpool players you didn't like

Read 15798 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Liverpool.players you didnt like:
      Reply #46: Feb 13, 2019 09:32:00 pm
      Worse than you know.

My first night on here 😔

Al that's not a memory it is a nightmare.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #47: Feb 13, 2019 09:32:18 pm

I remember reading he chose us over RM boy did he have a good agent dogshit player
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #48: Feb 13, 2019 09:33:52 pm
      Al that's not a memory it is a nightmare.

It went south faster than a Scot with a University degree in the 80s Billy ;)
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #49: Feb 13, 2019 09:34:11 pm
      Joe Cole clearly tossed it off and on good authority missed a few games with should I say over exaggerated  injuries
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #50: Feb 13, 2019 09:34:39 pm
      I remember reading he chose us over RM boy did he have a good agent dogshit player

Real Madrid?
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #51: Feb 13, 2019 09:35:44 pm
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #52: Feb 13, 2019 09:36:12 pm
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #53: Feb 13, 2019 09:38:41 pm

Haha F***ing hell, how he became a pro I will never know. I think him and Voronin slug it out for the title of worst freebie ever.

Downing is a good shout. Bland, boring face and came out talking a lot of sh*t about us once he’d gone to whatever mediocre team we’d sold him too.

Albert Riera is another one, but I don’t think anyone liked him did they.
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #54: Feb 13, 2019 09:41:36 pm
      Haha f**king hell, how he became a pro I will never know. I think him and Voronin slug it out for the title of worst freebie ever.

Downing is a good shout. Bland, boring face and came out talking a lot of sh*t about us once he’d gone to whatever mediocre team we’d sold him too.

Albert Riera is another one, but I don’t think anyone liked him did they.

Riera was weak wasn't he had a decent left foot but a pea heart
      Kopite78
      Reply #55: Feb 13, 2019 09:46:19 pm
      Yeah I genuinely thought he was going to be sick. Remember that cracking left foot belter against City? That’s pretty much all he did. Terrible signing

Yeah I was there. He scored twice that night. We beat them 3 nil
      Was about March though if memory serves right.. he'd been gash up til then and gash after that

Scored in the semi against the blues though so he'll always have that
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Liverpool players you didn't like
      Reply #56: Feb 13, 2019 09:49:15 pm
      Charlie Adam! I remember buying into the hype and thinking he was the next Alonso!

Presumably you mean the F1 Driver not our Alonso. Had a great left foot but couldn't run couldn't tackle and couldn't walk past a
      steak and kidney pie
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #57: Feb 13, 2019 09:50:40 pm
      Wow I cant remember most of these and I would like it to stay that way
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #58: Feb 13, 2019 09:57:48 pm
      Obvious one aside:

Andy Carroll.
      Christian Poulson.
      Paul Konchesky.
      Milan Jovanovic.
      Joe Cole.

Not only were none of them players that were a fit for Liverpool,
      but damn how bad was that 10/11 season for signings.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #59: Feb 13, 2019 10:03:51 pm
      Obvious one aside:

Andy Carroll.
      Christian Poulson.
      Paul Konchesky.
      Milan Jovanovic.
      Joe Cole.

Not only were none of them players that were a fit for Liverpool,
      but damn how bad was that 10/11 season for signings.

F***ing car crash mate
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #60: Feb 13, 2019 10:07:52 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #61: Feb 13, 2019 10:12:55 pm
      Apart from the obvious ones.

Downing, Mignolet, Adam (seriously what the hell was Kenny thinking there?!), Aspas, Lallana.

Ox, he’s grown on me as a player and really upped his game last season and I rate him as a player now, but on a personal level he’s always been a bit of a weapon.

Skrtel had some good times and some shocking times at the club but I never really took to him, was glad to see him leave.

There’s been a lot of players before Klopp came in over the last 10 years or so that I really think to myself about what the hell were we thinking. Lack of ability is one thing but half of them just couldn’t give a toss.
      « Last Edit: Feb 13, 2019 10:17:32 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #62: Feb 13, 2019 10:15:45 pm
      Mignolet
      Carrol
      Benteke
      Adams
      Henderson
      Downing
      Poulsen
      Moreno
      Lallana
      Keane
      Aquilani
      Balotelli
      Borini
      Diouf
      Diomede
      Jovanovic
      Konchesky
      Skrtel
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #63: Feb 13, 2019 10:30:22 pm
      David James - quite easily the easiest choice for me. Not only was he, in my opinion, the reason we didn't win the top flight in the 90s but he was one of those sh*t players who F***ing loved themselves. The constant pissing about with his hair, the model contracts, just everything about him screamed "I'm sh*t but I'm gonna get all the attention I can". If we had signed any one of the other up and coming English keepers in the early 90s then I have no doubt whatsoever that Roy Evans would of won at least two League Titles as manager. (and that's with Phil Babb and Neil Ruddock at centre half - neither of whom actually make my team)

Glen Johnson - another easy choice for me. Vastly overrated player and one we smashed our transfer record on for a defender. Is he still third on that list behind Van Dijk and Lovren? As I said in the average player thread, I've always had a soft spot for our right backs. But Johnson was F***ing useless. He was supposedly part of this new breed of full back where the emphasis was on attacking. Well for me, a full back is there to defend first and foremost. And if they can't do that then at the very least they need to be F***ing boss going forward. Glen Johnson was neither. He was another who loved pissing about with his hair for attention as well.

Dominic Matteo - I really don't know what it was about Matteo but I just couldn't stand him wearing the Liverpool shirt. Maybe it was the bleached blonde hair that he and Fowler had. Robbie was, and still is, my all time favourite Liverpool player so seeing somebody else have the same sh*t hair do as him just made me hate them. Maybe. I seem to have issues with people's hair don't I? Whatever the reason, I just couldn't bare Matteo.

Joel Matip - he's one of the modern day centre halves who can play out from the back, therefore the entire world think they're better than what they are. Matip was praised to high heavens when he first got here for that reason alone. And yet the fella is useless. I don't dislike him because he plays out from the back but more because others think he's good because he does that. He isn't. And for somebody that big, he can't win a header to save his life.

Stewart Downing - I'm putting Downing at left back because I can find more left wingers I dislike than other left backs. Despite the left backs we've had over the years being quite poor, I've always had soft spots for them. Usually because they are so sh*t but still gave their all. But Stewart Downing who was F***ing useless during his time had the audacity to tell the Liverpool fans to be quiet when he scored a goal. (I can't remember who it was against). One of those modern day players who was so F***ing arrogant when he had no right to be.

Adam Lallana - this man is everything that I hate in football. He can't do F**k all without having to flair it up somehow for the cameras to be on him. A million step overs or drag backs for no good reason. Extra touches that slow the attacks down. It's all about getting the attention. I just hate show-offs and that's what I put Lallana down as. It's made worse by the fact that he's a below average player anyway. Another who fucks about with hair as well.

Emre Can - I lied with David James, this was the easiest choice for me. A sh*t, lazy, selfish c**t of a player. Holding the club to ransom when you're F***ing useless is as bad as it gets. He would purposely hide away from responsibility in the hope of fooling people that he weren't to blame. He wouldn't chase back until he could blame someone else for not picking up his runner for him. And one more for the "care about my hair than the shirt I'm representing" category. It's still my biggest gripe with Klopp that he brought this c**t on in the European Cup final last year when we all knew the c**t was leaving.

Joe Allen - it's nothing against Joe as a person but I just hated seeing him name on the team sheet. He infuriated me more than maybe any other Liverpool player. I still don't know what he was ever in the team to do. I always felt he believed the "Welsh Xavi" tag a bit as well.

Joe Cole - another easy choice for me. I F***ing hated him as a player before he arrived and wanted to shoot Hodgson for signing him. About as un-Liverpool as you could get. Another who thought he had to show off just to get attention. Another vastly overrated player as well. Arrogant, didn't care for the club, no respect. Just couldn't bare him.

Craig Bellamy - another who always came across as very arrogant. And he's a million times worse as a pundit. The way he carries on, you'd think he was as good as Messi. Failed to impress during either spell here. Really couldn't take to him. Always felt it was about him rather than the team.

El Hadji Diouf - I don't even need to explain this selection.

James

Johnson Matip Matteo Downing

Lallana Can Allen Cole

Bellamy Diouf
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #64: Feb 13, 2019 10:36:20 pm
      David James - quite easily the easiest choice for me. Not only was he, in my opinion, the reason we didn't win the top flight in the 90s but he was one of those sh*t players who F***ing loved themselves. The constant pissing about with his hair, the model contracts, just everything about him screamed "I'm sh*t but I'm gonna get all the attention I can". If we had signed any one of the other up and coming English keepers in the early 90s then I have no doubt whatsoever that Roy Evans would of won at least two League Titles as manager. (and that's with Phil Babb and Neil Ruddock at centre half - neither of whom actually make my team)

Spot on actually. This is the lad that stank the place out one game and shamelessly admitted to being on his Playstation all night.
      A professional footballer...
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #65: Feb 14, 2019 01:15:42 am
      Not a lot of You'll Never Walk Alone knocking about in this thread is there. Suppose it's fair to suspend the anthem for free speech sake.

Borini, dunno something a bit nasty about that lad.
      Diouf, probably the most hated player ever to wear a LFC shirt.
      Larry Lloyd..half decent stopper but didn't like him.
      David James. To busy looking at himself to make a save.
      Julian Dicks.Never liked the name Julian..not to keen on Dicks either
      Balotelli...." why always me"....because your a git..that's why
      MacManaman. The club made him, local lad, ran down the clock and we got nowt for him..big head as well.
      Souness. Great player but he gets in because he put a story in the S*N...and he knew about the boycott but took their money.
      Joe Cole..left us a lot richer than when he arrived.Vastly overrated.Less than 50 goals in first team English club football.
      Albert Riera. Nuther one who fancied himself. Flattered to deceive.
      Nunez. Better players in the Bootle Jock league.
      Alan Waddle...cousin of Chris Waddle...that's enough for me..
      Luis Garcia. Annoying player, did score the odd decent goal but sometimes couldn't be bothered.
      Mark Wright. Stayed to long, average at best,never took to him
      Jermaine Pennant. No, not at any price.
      Zenden...why was he here...and Rafa played him in the 2007 Champions League final...!
      Robbie Keane. Paid I think £20m..Rafa didn't like him..I feel your pain Rafa..
      Andriy Voronin...who...Voronin. .free transfer guy..remember now..oh yeah...crap..
      Aquilani...nuff said..

Plenty of others but most have covered them.
      « Last Edit: Feb 14, 2019 01:29:39 am by Harrisimo »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #66: Feb 14, 2019 09:36:30 am
      David N'Gog - just an awful awful footballer. Scoring a second against Man Utd when the game was already won (and which I only remember fondly for Reina's celebration) doesn't make him less of a problem in my eyes.  Last seen cocking about up at Ross County. An absolutely ghastly buy and I cannot for the life of me understand what Rafa saw in him. A horror decision that we seriously paid for whenever Torres got injured.

Ah yes old Eggnog, Good Lord how this team has improved since those days!
      El Hadji is top of the list for me but there are so many average quality players who have played in our shirt over the last 30 years, but I don't really dislike all of them
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #67: Feb 14, 2019 10:15:33 am
      Add Owen to my list. Don't like him much.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #68: Feb 14, 2019 10:51:52 am
      Not a lot of You'll Never Walk Alone knocking about in this thread is there. Suppose it's fair to suspend the anthem for free speech sake.

Borini, dunno something a bit nasty about that lad.
      Diouf, probably the most hated player ever to wear a LFC shirt.
      Larry Lloyd..half decent stopper but didn't like him.
      David James. To busy looking at himself to make a save.
      Julian Dicks.Never liked the name Julian..not to keen on Dicks either
      Balotelli...." why always me"....because your a git..that's why
      MacManaman. The club made him, local lad, ran down the clock and we got nowt for him..big head as well.
      Souness. Great player but he gets in because he put a story in the S*N...and he knew about the boycott but took their money.
      Joe Cole..left us a lot richer than when he arrived.Vastly overrated.Less than 50 goals in first team English club football.
      Albert Riera. Nuther one who fancied himself. Flattered to deceive.
      Nunez. Better players in the Bootle Jock league.
      Alan Waddle...cousin of Chris Waddle...that's enough for me..
      Luis Garcia. Annoying player, did score the odd decent goal but sometimes couldn't be bothered.
      Mark Wright. Stayed to long, average at best,never took to him
      Jermaine Pennant. No, not at any price.
      Zenden...why was he here...and Rafa played him in the 2007 Champions League final...!
      Robbie Keane. Paid I think £20m..Rafa didn't like him..I feel your pain Rafa..
      Andriy Voronin...who...Voronin. .free transfer guy..remember now..oh yeah...crap..
      Aquilani...nuff said..

Plenty of others but most have covered them.
      Thought no-one was gonna mention Nunez!  Wasn't he the ball-boy at RM or something?  He literally couldn't play football!  Every time he played, I'd think, "WTF is going on here??!!!"

Quick Reply