Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mo Salah's 50th Premier League Goal (for Liverpool)

Read 3136 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Mo Salah's 50th Premier League Goal (for Liverpool)
      Feb 15, 2019 10:55:37 pm
      So Mo Salah is currently sitting on 49 Premier League goals for the club after his finish against Bournemouth.

He's looking to become just the 8th player to score 50 Premier League goals for the club and joining Daniel Sturridge as the only player in the current squad to have reached that milestone. He will join some of our all time greats on that list such as Fowler, Gerrard, Owen, Suarez, Torres and Kuyt.

Hopefully he can do it in just his 63rd Premier League game for the club when we play United. It'll also be his first goal against that club for us.

During the first 49 there's been some quality goals. But if his 50th in a last gasp winner off his hand at Old Trafford I won't be complaining a bit.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Re: Mo Salah's 50th Premier League Goal (for Liverpool)
      Reply #1: Feb 15, 2019 11:16:29 pm
      So Mo Salah is currently sitting on 49 Premier League goals for the club after his finish against Bournemouth.

He's looking to become just the 8th player to score 50 Premier League goals for the club and joining Daniel Sturridge as the only player in the current squad to have reached that milestone. He will join some of our all time greats on that list such as Fowler, Gerrard, Owen, Suarez, Torres and Kuyt.

Hopefully he can do it in just his 63rd Premier League game for the club when we play United. It'll also be his first goal against that club for us.

During the first 49 there's been some quality goals. But if his 50th in a last gasp winner off his hand at Old Trafford I won't be complaining a bit.

I can feel it in my bones that he’ll bag one at Old Trafford
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2: Feb 15, 2019 11:26:47 pm
      I can feel it in my bones that he’ll bag one at Old Trafford

as will Sadio so that's 2 goals already.  ;D
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3: Feb 16, 2019 08:35:55 am

Brilliant record, and doing it in 2nd season. Mo has been some signing.

This is a bit of a bugbear for me though, stats that discount the seasons before, as if football only started with the PL. Mini rant over :)
      Kopite78
      Reply #4: Feb 16, 2019 10:23:54 am
      Brilliant record, and doing it in 2nd season. Mo has been some signing.

This is a bit of a bugbear for me though, stats that discount the seasons before, as if football only started with the PL. Mini rant over :)

Why is it discounting the seasons before? He hasn't played in the seasons before

What you want to say? Mo was crap in 1953-54.. didn't get one
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #5: Feb 16, 2019 10:32:19 am

Has about 5/6 games to bag it to break Shearer’s record I believe.

Which might explain why someone suddenly got so shirty about Mo and pens a month back 🤔
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #6: Feb 16, 2019 11:56:49 am
      Hopefully either will be the first of a hattrick in a 6 nil win at the shithole or a 99th minute penalty after despite being 20 yards offside and the only player in the united half he slips but is given a penalty
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #7: Feb 16, 2019 12:36:38 pm
      Why is it discounting the seasons before? He hasn't played in the seasons before

What you want to say? Mo was crap in 1953-54.. didn't get one

Like I said.
      Stats that discount years before PL started.
      It would be a lot more than 8 players if you include the pre 'Premier League' years.
      Kopite78
      Reply #8: Feb 16, 2019 12:48:10 pm
      Like I said.
      Stats that discount years before PL started.
      It would be a lot more than 8 players if you include the pre 'Premier League' years.

It's not discounting anything
      You're just being pedantic
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #9: Feb 16, 2019 12:58:29 pm
      It's not discounting anything
      You're just being pedantic

It is a stat that discounts the pre Premier League years. Sorry, but that's just a fact. 
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #10: Feb 16, 2019 12:58:54 pm
      Hopefully either will be the first of a hattrick in a 6 nil win at the shithole or a 99th minute penalty after despite being 20 yards offside and the only player in the united half he slips but is given a penalty

:lmao: you've only had 11 offside goals this season I don't suppose another will make any different  :f_whistle:
      Kopite78
      Reply #11: Feb 16, 2019 01:03:51 pm
      It is a stat that discounts the pre Premier League years. Sorry, but that's just a fact.

His stat is about the premier league era

If you add Ian St John his total would be zero in those parameters
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #12: Feb 16, 2019 09:57:42 pm
      :lmao: you've only had 11 offside goals this season I don't suppose another will make any different  :f_whistle:

Stuff of Champions.  ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #13: Feb 16, 2019 10:17:34 pm
      Its perfectly set up for Mo he will do the business and add a few for good measure.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #14: Apr 08, 2019 06:00:51 pm
      Must admit I didn't think it'd take this long for Mo to get his 50th but at least he got there in the end.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #15: Apr 08, 2019 06:02:37 pm
      Must admit I didn't think it'd take this long for Mo to get his 50th but at least he got there in the end.

Mo dah Man.
      Harrisimo

• 7,965 posts | 1355 
      Reply #16: Apr 08, 2019 10:29:01 pm
      Much talk of Hazzard going to Real, maybe he will. Carra says he needs to go. Said the same about Suarez, probably thinks the same about Salah.

Hazzard 110/343...goal every 3 games. Is he a genuine front man. Seems to play across the line. Going to Spain will probably give him an easier time and a longer career. Salah outscores him obviously.

Sunday will see Salah pitched against Hazzard. Can't give Hazzard any space but he's going to run at us, got to get him before he gets in the box. Going to be a great match up. Both on blob, Hazzard coming off a great goal against West Ham, Salah fastest to 50.

Can hardly wait...get Porto out of the way first.
      Harrisimo

• 7,965 posts | 1355 
      Reply #17: Apr 15, 2019 04:17:13 pm
      Much talk of Hazzard going to Real, maybe he will. Carra says he needs to go. Said the same about Suarez, probably thinks the same about Salah.

Hazzard 110/343...goal every 3 games. Is he a genuine front man. Seems to play across the line. Going to Spain will probably give him an easier time and a longer career. Salah outscores him obviously.

Sunday will see Salah pitched against Hazzard. Can't give Hazzard any space but he's going to run at us, got to get him before he gets in the box. Going to be a great match up. Both on blob, Hazzard coming off a great goal against West Ham, Salah fastest to 50.

Can hardly wait...get Porto out of the way first.

Hazzard quality player that he is did get in behind..twice but fortune was on our side. Mo won the duel in the end with a guided missile. Two great players but for Mo to score so many being a right winger/attacker and not really an out and out striker gives him the edge over Hazzard and he's about 18 months or so younger...so Mo takes the crown..best all round attacker in the Premier League.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #18: Apr 17, 2019 10:52:01 pm
      Quote from Kopite78
      What you want to say? Mo was crap in 1953-54..

In fairness, so was everyone else.

Quote from Keith Singleton
      you've only had 11 offside goals this season I don't suppose another will make any different

74 of the league goals we've scored to date have been perfectly valid.

Quick Reply