Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Bayern?

Alisson
      1 (0.9%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (1.9%)
       Fabinho
      36 (33.6%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (1.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (1.9%)
      Jordan Henderson
      54 (50.5%)
      Naby Keïta
      3 (2.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (0.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      4 (3.7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (1.9%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 105

Voting closed: Feb 23, 2019 09:52:19 pm

Liverpool 0-0 Bayern Munich: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 29029 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,896 posts | 4967 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Bayern Munich: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #575: Feb 21, 2019 05:24:30 am
      It WAS a cracking watch, remember we played a well oiled European super giant accustomed to CL semi finals minimum, a level we are trying to reach ourselves,  they might have players at the twilight of their careers but  mixed with youthful exuberance they are still a formidable side and very capable of going all the way,

A goalless draw going to the Alliance arena is a GOOD result,  they HAVE to win we don't,  a draw sees us prevail and i think we will, they will be more open and therefore that creates more space for us to exploit, we go there and play as tight as F**k, get in their face and don't let them f***in breath, hit them on the break at every opportunity and just be more clinical,
      Perfect scenario would be to score early doors.and keep it tight at the back,

WE GOT THIS!!

YNWA
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #576: Feb 21, 2019 08:22:30 am
      Worrying trends:

LFC has scored 1 goal or fewer in 6 of 8 games in 2019.
      Their 2 multi goal games in 2019 came at home vs league fodder
      LFC could not score at home vs Bayern
      LFC has totaled 1 road goal in 3 Champions League away matches this season

LFC's corner kicks are an exercise in futility
      LFC's throw ins are near-automatic turnovers

Might as well just give up now then eh?

What an idiotic post, Palace and Bournemouth are both very decent teams, so are Leicester and West Ham actually. The other game was against City away! oh and our C team lost to Wolves away in the FA Cup. Against Bayern we could  have won with a couple of goals if our finishing and final ball was a bit sharper but we were a bit rusty after a 10 day break.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #577: Feb 21, 2019 08:23:18 am
      Well mane didn't have the best of games and then to get his house broken into. Dirty rotten low life scum breaking into any man's house. Hope the picks from the gutter are caught

Why don't these players employ security guards, at least during the games, they've got the money for it?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #578: Feb 21, 2019 12:02:14 pm
      Has anyone mentioned it was a cracking game of football?

I thought the second half was a lot more tactical, which I think is more exciting in a way.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #579: Feb 21, 2019 01:34:26 pm
      Very happy with the score and Bayern have to prevent us from scoring at all cost in the return leg and every time we score, it will only mount more pressure on them. Bayern is certainly beatable if our front line had not been a bundle of nerves in the first leg. Composure in front of the goal and much much better coordination among the front line is needed if we were to win the tie. Having said that, it will never gonna be an easy game. Well, we need to beat the best if we want to progress. Again, one game at a time. Watched the replay of the game and I would stretched them on the wings and a quick switch to the middle, there are big gaps there to be exploited while it is not difficult to run behind their line at their right side.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #580: Feb 21, 2019 07:17:18 pm

Disagree
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,142 posts | 257 
      Reply #581: Feb 22, 2019 08:46:59 am
      Not sure anyone already mention this and I cannot read through all pages. I just read Nico Kovac said something like Javi Martinez did intentionally fake injure (cramp) to waste time near end of this game.  I think it strange he say that thing and is that can lead to any punishment?

I read from this :

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2019/02/niko-kovacs-javi-martinez-revelation-shows-how-much-bayern-munich-fear-liverpool/
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,495 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #582: Feb 22, 2019 01:16:24 pm
      0-0 is a good score to take to Bayern, clean sheet was awesome considering no VVD.

On another day the chances we created would have lead to goals.

All good and all that stuff. ;-)
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #583: Feb 22, 2019 07:18:28 pm
      That's unrealistic, but once in a while - especially against top dogs - we should play with urgency. We did it against Napoli, we didn't today. I suspect Klopp behind this. He may find that our defense was not up for that because remember: when you press like Dr. Jekyill there will be fast breaks for the opponent and you need state of the art CB's we didn't have tonight.

Maybe people here think that it is unrealistic,Personally I don't, but is it not that which we should be aiming at...?.
      Yes at times we should have more urgency to our game, but over all I believe our play was pretty consistant, and pretty good, except the lack of goals

Quick Reply