Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Bayern?

Alisson
      1 (0.9%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (1.9%)
       Fabinho
      36 (33.6%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (1.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (1.9%)
      Jordan Henderson
      54 (50.5%)
      Naby KeĆÆta
      3 (2.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (0.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      4 (3.7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (1.9%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 105

Voting closed: Feb 23, 2019 09:52:19 pm

Liverpool 0-0 Bayern Munich: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 28618 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Bayern Munich: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #506: Feb 19, 2019 10:55:34 pm
      Agree with that.

One frustration of mine is our hesitation to shoot. We seem to always want to pass the ball into the net. In one example, Salah went running along into the box, ignoring chances to shoot, and even Gini didn't take the ball from him to shoot either.

We also tend to do it the same way all the time. We are so used to the front three, that when changes are made, we seem hesitant to use them. Origi was storming forward, but Mane totally blanked him, and subsequently lost the ball.

No doubt stronger when we move at speed, but part of that is making the right choice. We've been poor away from home in the tournament, but no reason we can't get the job done now.

And we haven't done much shooting all season. Tonight on a wet pitch a few long shots might have had a sniff but they crowded Salah out. They did a number on us and we didn't have the combination to unlock them. The puzzle might be easier away from home
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #507: Feb 19, 2019 10:58:25 pm
      And we haven't done much shooting all season. Tonight on a wet pitch a few long shots might have had a sniff but they crowded Salah out. They did a number on us and we didn't have the combination to unlock them. The puzzle might be easier away from home

Thinking about unlocking them, an obvious solution would have been to bring on Shaqiri but the fact he didn't come speaks volumes to me and i think that Klopp actually didn't want to take the chance of us conceding an away goal.

We need to trust Klopp and his plan, i think he fancies us to go over there and do a job!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #508: Feb 19, 2019 11:02:35 pm
      here here..

Got my vote as well. Wasn't many candidates TBH. Few went for Hendo but he competent, not much more. Wasn't alone but BM did a number on us.

Watched a different game then or just didnā€™t understand what you were watching.

Henderson was the best player on the park. By a distance.

Fab did pretty well - couple of outstanding challenges. Look forward to seeing them both in midfield.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #509: Feb 19, 2019 11:06:08 pm
      Thinking about unlocking them, an obvious solution would have been to bring on Shaqiri but the fact he didn't come speaks volumes to me and i think that Klopp actually didn't want to take the chance of us conceding an away goal.

We need to trust Klopp and his plan, i think he fancies us to go over there and do a job!

The suspicion is Shaq is not the defending type. Milner yes, but I would've gambled on Sturridge. We couldn't get at them and Sturridge does have a worldie in his locker. Origi is a bit more predictable. But it's not over till it's over.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #510: Feb 19, 2019 11:08:48 pm
      Watched a different game then or just didnā€™t understand what you were watching.

Henderson was the best player on the park. By a distance.

Fab did pretty well - couple of outstanding challenges. Look forward to seeing them both in midfield.

No he wasn't and it was 0-0 by the way. Very often he didn't make himself available to take it from Fab and move it forward. He did OK but he was not outstanding...none of them were. And may be you were influenced by other posters rather than the evidence of the actual game.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #511: Feb 19, 2019 11:12:59 pm
      No he wasn't and it was 0-0 by the way. Very often he didn't make himself available to take it from Fab and move it forward. He did OK but he was not outstanding...none of them were. And may be you were influenced by other posters rather than the evidence of the actual game.

No I was influenced by what I watched.

Not what I pre-determined - like you ;)

However I will concede that what I watched is backed up by pretty much every decent observer across twitter and other platforms.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #512: Feb 19, 2019 11:14:14 pm
      Not usually pleased with a draw but honestly without either of our starting CBā€™s you canā€™t ask for a whole lot more considering the changes we had but couldnā€™t convert. Should be a different story in the return leg. Our goals count much more than theirs will and the pressure will be on them.

Henderson was fantastic tonight.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #513: Feb 19, 2019 11:18:22 pm
      No I was evidenced by what I watched.

Not what I pre-determined - like you ;)

I see you don't dispute the Hendo assessment then. He did OK. I like him more as a playmaker. He's OK as holding player and he's OK a bit further up. He has more average games than any LFC player of the last 25 years.

That's not necessarily a criticism because his game is about consistency.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #514: Feb 19, 2019 11:19:21 pm
      Surely next season JĆ¼rgen is looking to give himself real options off the bench in the forward areas.

I know Origi scores against Everton and Sturridge against Chelsea. I know Shaq got 2 against United.

But still Klopp is rightly reluctantly to change things even when the front 3 are misfiring.

I don't think in this day and age your bench needs to be filled with players that are past it or players that never had it.

A bench should be pushing the front 3 for places in the side and Origi and Sturridge certainly are not.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #515: Feb 19, 2019 11:20:56 pm
      I see you don't dispute the Hendo assessment then. He did OK. I like him more as a playmaker. He's OK as holding player and he's OK a bit further up. He has more average games than any LFC player of the last 25 years.

That's not necessarily a criticism because his game is about consistency.

Other than in the previous post where I said he was the best player on the park?

Have a day off - itā€™s boring as f**k and youā€™re just spouting self satisfying hyperbole now as ā€œopinion ballastā€.
      « Last Edit: Feb 19, 2019 11:26:23 pm by Scotia »
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #516: Feb 19, 2019 11:25:09 pm
      Iā€™ve not read through this thread but personally Iā€™m quite content with tonight. No away goals for them, no injuries for us, Kimmich suspended for them, Robertson avoided suspension and VVD to come in for the second leg.

And who knows, when we travel to Germany in 3 weeks time we might even have this man in contention.

Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #517: Feb 19, 2019 11:25:21 pm
      Not usually pleased with a draw but honestly without either of our starting CBā€™s you canā€™t ask for a whole lot more considering the changes we had but couldnā€™t convert. Should be a different story in the return leg. Our goals count much more than theirs will and the pressure will be on them.

Henderson was fantastic tonight.

Injuries and Illness have knocked us back a bit.One or two not quite hitting the high notes. Henderson did Ok. If you point out 2/3 passes that showed how great he was I'll concede. He was his usual consistent self. And that's what you get from Henderson.

I went for Fabinho, playing out of position against a quality team. He did well and is a valuable asset.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #518: Feb 19, 2019 11:26:11 pm
      Jim beglan is still a tw*t ;D
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #519: Feb 19, 2019 11:27:37 pm
      Other than in the previous post where I said he was the best player on the park?

Have a day off - itā€™s boring as f**k and youā€™re just spouting self satisfying hyperbole now opinion ballast.

I won't debate with the likes of you because firstly you haven't the wit and secondly you can't keep a civil tongue in your head.

Good evening.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Bayern
      Reply #520: Feb 19, 2019 11:27:48 pm
      What is the point in VAR when you have a situation where Salah is running onto a ball to have a direct shot at the goal, and the defender is only looking at Salah (completely away from the ball) and blocks him off with his arm.

Clear obstruction to hamper Salah's chances of reaching the ball.

VAR silent.

:mad:

Said this early into the match, but at the time the focus was on a Alisson mistake.

Was there not a shout for VAR there? The system seems very iffy to me.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #521: Feb 19, 2019 11:29:31 pm
      I won't debate with the likes of you because firstly you haven't the wit and secondly you can't keep a civil tongue in your head.

Good evening.

Now that IS a result.

Good evening.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #522: Feb 19, 2019 11:44:55 pm
      My main worry is teams will continue to sit deep, control the midfield and hope for a quick break to score. And does klopp has any plans to overcome that or still to try to dribble the ball into goal? That can only be done if the front players has the vision to move into scoring spaces and undersrand each other's movement inside the box and i don't see any at the momrnt,. The outcome of every pass into the opposition box is random. The final decisive pass always under or overhit or blocked.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Re: Champions League: Round of 16
      Reply #523: Feb 19, 2019 11:45:18 pm
      Lyon and Barca 0-0. With Fekir back for the next game, fancy Lyon to go through.

I think Lyon will do it too!!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #524: Feb 19, 2019 11:52:57 pm
      Advantage Liverpool because we can get an away goal, they can't. VVD back for the second leg. Onwards and up.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 807 posts | 112 
      Reply #525: Feb 20, 2019 01:27:05 am
      We have four cup finals before the return leg. I can see us getting our groove back by then and see this through at Allianz Arena.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #526: Feb 20, 2019 06:09:06 am
      here here..

Got my vote as well. Wasn't many candidates TBH. Few went for Hendo but he competent, not much more. Wasn't alone but BM did a number on us.

Fabinho played well but Henderson was far better than just ā€œcompetentā€ - excellent performance from the skipper
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #527: Feb 20, 2019 07:17:39 am
      Watched the game on me phone in a hotel in Doncaster ( with a small crowd of strangers ).Tense affair.I personally think the draw suits us better.
      Plus Virgil will be back to calm it at the back.COYMR.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #528: Feb 20, 2019 07:38:23 am
      I think we are in a good position for the second leg,I imagine JĆ¼rgen will set us up to get an early goal.That will mean that Bayern will need to score twice to qualify for the next round.All in all a 0-0 draw was not the end of the world at Anfield.

Quick Reply