Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Bayern?

Alisson
      1 (0.9%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (1.9%)
       Fabinho
      36 (33.6%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (1.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (1.9%)
      Jordan Henderson
      54 (50.5%)
      Naby Keïta
      3 (2.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (0.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      4 (3.7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (1.9%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 105

Voting closed: Feb 23, 2019 09:52:19 pm

Liverpool 0-0 Bayern Munich: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 28644 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Bayern Munich: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #529: Feb 20, 2019 08:49:00 am
      Who will be our ray kennedy and howard gayle in the 2nd leg this time. Was that really 38 years ago ?
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #530: Feb 20, 2019 08:51:00 am
      This was a proper European tie - last year we had at least a 3-0 lead going into the second leg which Was very unusual

Bayern will be super confident now which will help

This may go to pens but we will go through
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Re: Re: Champions League: Round of 16
      Reply #531: Feb 20, 2019 08:54:37 am
      Just surprised that Man City didn’t manage to draw Accrington Stanley in the knockout stages
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #532: Feb 20, 2019 09:05:25 am
      Happy to come back to this one in 3 weeks time. For now it's back on to business and on to one of the biggest games of the season. United away.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Bayern
      Reply #533: Feb 20, 2019 09:37:18 am
      Wonderful Bayern - Disciplined Bayern - Experienced Bayern. The commentators' Bayern "love in" was ridiculous.

Apparently, all you have to do is fall down, waste time, half zero motivation to actually win a game, and you're the best there is.

EDIT: Klopp really needs to sort out our corners and set pieces.
      Was frustrating the life out of me.

Bayern showed a lot of respect to us and fair play to them, I get that. There was really no need to harp on about it every 2 minutes though.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #534: Feb 20, 2019 09:39:10 am
      This was a proper European tie - last year we had at least a 3-0 lead going into the second leg which Was very unusual

Bayern will be super confident now which will help

This may go to pens but we will go through

It will only go to pens if it finishes 0-0 again which I find extremely unlikely as Bayern will surely have to be a bit more adventurous at home plus no way can we be as sloppy again in the final 3rd.
      I'm pretty confident we'll go through as I'm almost certain we'll score and score more than they do. Sure they'll press forward more but by then we should have full strength defence back, more or less, whilst they will be without Kimmich, also if they press forward then we can attack more.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #535: Feb 20, 2019 09:42:11 am
      Frustrating match, given the number of chances we had, however, the clean sheet with Fab in defence is a huge plus!

I remember Paisley being criticised about a 0-0 home match in Europe and he rightly pointed out that all we need is a score-draw away to get through.

The first 2 rules of Euro KO are "don't concede at home" & "score away from home".  We've done our bit, Bayern haven't.  This tie is very much in the balance and we go to Munich with the attitude of playing to win the match and get a couple of goals.

Will need to be sharper on Sunday at OT to get a favourable result though, as I think they're gonna have a real go at us.  Get a win there and we're set up for a massive climax to this season.

COYR.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #536: Feb 20, 2019 09:49:25 am
      I see you don't dispute the Hendo assessment then. He did OK. I like him more as a playmaker. He's OK as holding player and he's OK a bit further up. He has more average games than any LFC player of the last 25 years.

That's not necessarily a criticism because his game is about consistency.

you cant prove any of that because its simply not true its a personal somewhat biased opinion.
      He was superb last night he tackled broke down play created chances shielded the two CB's and marshalled the team a perfect Captains display.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #537: Feb 20, 2019 09:53:59 am
      you cant prove any of that because its simply not true its a personal somewhat biased opinion.
      He was superb last night he tackled broke down play created chances shielded the two CB's and marshalled the team a perfect Captains display.

Really not worth the effort Walt. The prior post in our exchange I was explicit that he was the best player on the park.

Dude just writes what he wants to believe - reality is a prisoner.

I should’ve left on ignore.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #538: Feb 20, 2019 09:59:08 am

His fantastic pass to salah in the first half, his general use of the ball was really good
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #539: Feb 20, 2019 10:03:08 am
      Wonderful Bayern - Disciplined Bayern - Experienced Bayern. The commentators' Bayern "love in" was ridiculous.

Apparently, all you have to do is fall down, waste time, half zero motivation to actually win a game, and you're the best there is.

EDIT: Klopp really needs to sort out our corners and set pieces.

It was tedious and Jim Beglin was the worst.

My 18yr was halfway down the telly looking to rip his viicebox out.

Very refreshing being the reasonable one watching the games now ;)
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Reply #540: Feb 20, 2019 10:03:34 am
      Who will be our ray kennedy and howard gayle in the 2nd leg this time. Was that really 38 years ago ?

I remember it well.  Gayle (whatever happened to him?  LFCs first black player.) tore them apart but was kicked to hell by their lads and had to be subbed as he was in danger of lamping somebody.  Kennedy, with his usual balletic grace, chested down and slid it home with his wrong foot from the edge of the box.  Scenes.

I think we'll see Keita do the Gayle thing (he's starting to look a threat, just needs the final ball or shot), and I can see Fab or Gini popping up with the Kennedy job! 

Hopefully this European campaign ends like that one did in '81.  38 years?  Holy sh*te.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #541: Feb 20, 2019 10:13:33 am
      Keita is getting better. You can see him becoming more comfortable.

But why won't he shoot?  :f_steam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYKGjDmzdUI
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #542: Feb 20, 2019 10:15:24 am
      Better that a score draw I suppose. All to play for in the second leg in three weeks time.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #543: Feb 20, 2019 10:22:16 am
      Was a good night last night , started with great sing song in Tia , then a very passionate rendition of YNWA inside Anfield ,
      Thought Bayern came to defend and they did it well to a point , had we taken any of the half chances we created we would have sailed through ,
      Thought Henderson was excellent last night in fact it’s hard for me to think of a better game he’s played for us,
      Our makeshift defense has an excellent game very rarely troubled and lets not forget they had a world class striker up against them in Lewandowski he hardly had a sniff
      Trent was a little wasteful but first proper game back so can be forgiven
      Thought Hummels had a great game ,al in all Bayern came to suck the life out of the game with play acting and time wasting suited them , how they only got four mins extra time was a joke there was three just for the subs ,
      Will be tight be tight again out theee but I fancy us to go through they will have to come out more which should give us a bit more freedom
      Last night was a good warm up for Sunday for a team I think will use similar game spoiling tactics COYR .
      Kopite78
      Reply #544: Feb 20, 2019 10:25:45 am
      Quote me

I wanted Sturridge to start!!

😀👍🤷‍♂️
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #545: Feb 20, 2019 10:53:27 am

:lmao: :lmao:

HscRed1 will probably think that is genuine.  ;D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #546: Feb 20, 2019 11:01:11 am
      Better that a score draw I suppose. All to play for in the second leg in three weeks time.

Is right.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #547: Feb 20, 2019 11:26:24 am
      the 0-0 draw is the best result we could of got if we didnt win.....

however we should many signs of immaturity last night, poor decision making, no composure in the final third and some nerves and immaturity that we didn't show for the 1st half of the season...hopefully we can remain calm and kick on
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #548: Feb 20, 2019 11:43:17 am
      Gentle warning to proponents of heavy metal football in the second leg. It may well come down to a cautious tactical chess game with sideways and backward passes as with some typical knockout games like the WC.

If it does, please don't be too disappointed. Just bash Jordan the fall guy for this type of game. :lmao: The 0-0 penalty scenario mooted by some of us wouldn't surprise me if it happens. Both teams have quality and still everything to play for. Minimising silly mistakes will also be a priority.

All I'm saying is that, please be patient with the lads and the coaching staff if we don't get entertained in the heavy metal, smash and grab, risky Hollywood moves manner.

If it takes caution to win a game, so be it. For those expecting full throttle every single game, this may turn otherwise. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But I thought we fans should have a more balanced expectation on how we should approach this game, as long as we secure a win.

Again "back and side passes" is not all necessarily bad. I think at times they allow our players to rest, draw out the opponent or create spaces. They do serve different purposes. So long as it's a positive result, I'll a boring win all day.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #549: Feb 20, 2019 11:51:36 am
      I remember it well.  Gayle (whatever happened to him?  LFCs first black player.) tore them apart but was kicked to hell by their lads and had to be subbed as he was in danger of lamping somebody.  Kennedy, with his usual balletic grace, chested down and slid it home with his wrong foot from the edge of the box.  Scenes.

I think we'll see Keita do the Gayle thing (he's starting to look a threat, just needs the final ball or shot), and I can see Fab or Gini popping up with the Kennedy job! 

Hopefully this European campaign ends like that one did in '81.  38 years?  Holy sh*te.
      Remember the game well & paul breitner calling us boring after the first leg.
      stroke of genius from sir bob to bring Gayle on cos Bayern didn’t have a clue about him & as you say he ran them ragged,good scouser too.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #550: Feb 20, 2019 12:18:37 pm
      It wasn't a horrendous game by any means.
      It was a good tactical battle, and Bayern changed things around at half time, making the 2nd half much harder for us.
      Both teams were trying to force things a bit too much, but that's understandable when it's so tight.

Will they come out a bit more at home?
      I guess we'll have to wait and see.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #551: Feb 20, 2019 12:37:27 pm
      Sule is the German Harry Maguire.

Allardyce would lick his lips at that CB pairing.

Quick Reply