Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Manchester United V Liverpool (24/02/19 - 14:05)

Read 27046 times
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Re: Pre-Match: Manchester United V Liverpool (24/02/19 - 14:05)
      Reply #23: Feb 20, 2019 03:47:34 pm
      Massive match in that my gut feeling is if we win here, we've every chance of going on to glory; if we don't, I think city will catch us.

THIS IS HUGE!!!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #24: Feb 20, 2019 05:11:05 pm
      Biggest match of the season so far. Massive

Every game here on in is..final after final & im loving it..
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 807 posts | 112 
      Reply #25: Feb 20, 2019 05:46:08 pm
      Too big of a game for Keita this one. Gini, Fab and Hendo would be my choice for midfield.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #26: Feb 20, 2019 05:48:59 pm
      The biggest match since the last biggest match and until the next biggest match.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #27: Feb 20, 2019 06:14:58 pm
      I love how we all see things differently (at least the reasoned different ;))

Iā€™m just not in the ā€œbiggest gameā€ of the season camp. I donā€™t wanna be either - I donā€™t think human beings can ā€œpeakā€ emotionally for 18 ā€œcup finalsā€ (max) between now and the end of the season.

Fans as well as players.

Not arguing with anyone who is I just donā€™t see it like that.

The league isnā€™t won/lost based on it so itā€™s just another match against them for 3 points for me.

Donā€™t lose sight of that in your desire to stay on track for the league. Sometimes that creates a crisis where there isnā€™t one.

We all want for us to win the next 3, City to lose ā€˜em and then weā€™ll feel itā€™s in the bag......but it probably wonā€™t happen.

Sunday is an enormous test for Utd - they got away with one versus Spurs (thanks to DDG....again) and got their pants pulled down good style versus PSG.

If we perform as we have throughout the season then we are at a level than Utd have no point of reference for and we will win.

What a time to be alive and what a team to be following.

Canā€™t wait.

German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #28: Feb 20, 2019 06:59:36 pm
      I have lost confidence in that team. The Bayern draw was too desillusional. We don't have it, we are the modern Spurs: close but not there. City won a lot of games on the road against the top 6, what did we? A draw @MU seems the best we can realistically look for. The only hope for me is that I suck and usually predict bs, so I stick to be pessimistic in hope that causes the negation of my prediction. That's how I am - all for the team.

I'd prefer another start for Keita for the sole reason of hope that at one point he clicks. Fab & Wini along him in the midfield, the rest lines up automatically.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #29: Feb 20, 2019 07:29:54 pm
      I love how we all see things differently (at least the reasoned different ;))

Iā€™m just not in the ā€œbiggest gameā€ of the season camp. I donā€™t wanna be either - I donā€™t think human beings can ā€œpeakā€ emotionally for 18 ā€œcup finalsā€ (max) between now and the end of the season.

Fans as well as players.

Not arguing with anyone who is I just donā€™t see it like that.

The league isnā€™t won/lost based on it so itā€™s just another match against them for 3 points for me.

Donā€™t lose sight of that in your desire to stay on track for the league. Sometimes that creates a crisis where there isnā€™t one.

We all want for us to win the next 3, City to lose ā€˜em and then weā€™ll feel itā€™s in the bag......but it probably wonā€™t happen.

Sunday is an enormous test for Utd - they got away with one versus Spurs (thanks to DDG....again) and got their pants pulled down good style versus PSG.

If we perform as we have throughout the season then we are at a level than Utd have no point of reference for and we will win.

What a time to be alive and what a team to be following.

Canā€™t wait.

Good level headed post +1
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #30: Feb 20, 2019 07:59:43 pm
      Keith, welcome back into The Kop. You must look forward to these opportunities.  ;)

Don't get too comfortable now. You'll be running away again come Full Time Sunday.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #31: Feb 20, 2019 08:19:12 pm
      Keith, welcome back into The Kop. You must look forward to these opportunities.  ;)

Don't get too comfortable now. You'll be running away again come Full Time Sunday.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Keith :  On the front line now eh ? 

A bit of relevant success on the pitch and you've come out of the Mancs Forum.

You're still going to need your tin hat mate when the rockets start being being inbound on you.

Let the games begin !

;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #32: Feb 20, 2019 10:25:15 pm

I do but can't post during the match thread for obvious reasons so can only post pre  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #33: Feb 20, 2019 10:26:25 pm
      Keith :  On the front line now eh ? 

A bit of relevant success on the pitch and you've come out of the Mancs Forum.

You're still going to need your tin hat mate when the rockets start being being inbound on you.

Let the games begin !

;D

I can take it Laar  ;D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #34: Feb 21, 2019 12:35:40 am

Its Lah this end of the East Lancs Keith.  Speak proper .
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #35: Feb 21, 2019 01:23:45 am
      Always a big game when we play the Mancs.  Two biggest clubs in England.

Still only three points on offer though.  Same as we played for against Leicester, West Ham and Bournemouth in our last three games.

Despite what no doubt Sky will be having us believe in the next few days, I don't see the result here as absolutely crucial to the rest of the season as there are still so many games to go.

They probably are in the better form but we do have a better team so let's hope that permanent class triumphs over temporary form.

Win this and confidence goes sky high for you and your fans.

I don't go along with this.  If it was four games to go and maybe our last three were at home then maybe that logic would apply but there's too much football left to play.  We've got the derby to come, Spurs and Chelsea in the not too distant future.  This weekend is nowhere close to being some sort of title decider.
      « Last Edit: Feb 21, 2019 01:31:04 am by JD »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #36: Feb 21, 2019 05:01:36 am
                           Alisson
            Trent Matip VvD Robbo
              Gini   Fabinho   Hendo
             Salah   Firmino    Mane

Hendo V Bayern put in a performance that made JĆ¼rgen's job easier, imo, that was his best performance in a red shirt and as close to a Gerrard example as your likely to see from our current skipper, 

On a personal note, he put down a marker saying this is the level of play thats required,  and i sincerely hope he can deliver,  as consistency isnt his strongest point, superb stuff from Jordan,

Despite Naby's recent upturn i think against the Manc's @ OT he hasn't quite got the nous to handle a midfield battle, he doesn't deserve to miss out but we can't afford a weak midfield against this lot,
      OGS has Manc's playing much better than Maureen had and will be tougher to crack, and as always form goes out the window irrespective of league position , however i can't see him parking any buses especially at home so that should favour us,
      Got to be honest I'd take a draw right now, but, a win would and could be the catalyst needed going forward,  its a massive game but certainly not a title decider.

1-2 Champions Elect

YNWA

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #37: Feb 21, 2019 07:31:33 am
      I have only one request for JĆ¼rgen and the lads and that is just beat the bas**rds.I am not worried how you do it,just do it and bring the 3 points back to Anfield.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #38: Feb 21, 2019 08:11:59 am
      IF and its a big if we can click in the same way we did against Bournemouth and can be sharper in our final ball then I think we win this quite comfortably. I think the game against Bayern was a great tune up for the lads and I think we will be in perfect form for this.

I'm going for 1-3 to us.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #39: Feb 21, 2019 09:04:27 am
      NB: Team no longer available
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #40: Feb 21, 2019 09:05:28 am
      Its Lah this end of the East Lancs Keith.  Speak proper .

I know mate was doing it in jest.  :D and it's not proper, it's properly  ;D
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #41: Feb 21, 2019 09:15:18 am
      NB: Team no longer available

Hard to leave Henderson out after his performance against Bayern, though Fab-Gini-Keita is our best three.

Very clean job above!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #42: Feb 21, 2019 09:18:15 am
      JD

For some reason won't let me copy your bit about title decider. I didn't state it would be as also agree with you long way to go. Was just stipulating if you win this one confidence is going to be so high with the fans. You'll see this weekend if you win as the forum will go in meltdown. The server won't cope with the ecstatic fans going  wild.  ;D
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #43: Feb 21, 2019 09:21:40 am
      JD

For some reason won't let me copy your bit about title decider. I didn't state it would be as also agree with you long way to go. Was just stipulating if you win this one confidence is going to be so high with the fans. You'll see this weekend if you win as the forum will go in meltdown. The server won't cope with the ecstatic fans going  wild.  ;D
      Iā€™ll be as happy as I would winning any other game.

And a tiny bit more.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44: Feb 21, 2019 09:24:25 am
      Iā€™ll be as happy as I would winning any other game.

And a tiny bit more.

Yeah but we both know that tiny is the size of the universe  :D
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #45: Feb 21, 2019 09:57:17 am
      Hard to leave Henderson out after his performance against Bayern, though Fab-Gini-Keita is our best three.

Out of interest - is  that based mostly on 90 mins versus Bournemouth or your preference?

Quick Reply