Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Manchester United V Liverpool (24/02/19 - 14:05)

Read 27062 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Pre-Match: Manchester United V Liverpool (24/02/19 - 14:05)
      Reply #230: Feb 23, 2019 02:03:09 pm
      Your best post ever there Swab. An empty one.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #231: Feb 23, 2019 02:05:57 pm

Hahahahaha I have to admit that made me laugh
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #232: Feb 23, 2019 02:07:00 pm

Cool.
      It matches your head.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #233: Feb 23, 2019 02:10:11 pm
      OK, lets mix thing up a bit here.

Eric Cantona makes Liverpool Premier League title declaration - and backs surprise Manchester United championship bid
      Liverpool's Premier League title bid continues to cause angst among their nearest rivals - and now Eric Cantona has issued his verdict.
      The controversial former Manchester United striker admits he has been left in a quandary by the Reds vying with Manchester City for the championship.

And when asked by Paddy Power which of the two he'd prefer to win the league, Cantona said: "Nobody.
      "It’s like asking me if I’d prefer to have my teeth made of wood or my legs of sponge.
      "It hurts a lot. But they play wonderful football. But now, if United had started the season 10 games ago, they would be top of the league.
      "City and Liverpool play nice attacking football, now and score plenty of goals, which is like Man United. They have the philosophy we did – enjoyment."

Liverpool can go three points clear at the top with victory when they travel to Manchester United on Sunday.

But Cantona hasn't given up hope of his former club producing a miracle recovery.
      "Of course, if they (United) keep playing like this, they still have a chance, no? (of winning the league).
      "I remember during my time, we were 12 points behind Newcastle and we won the league – so we have to hope and dream."
      Cantona, though, is realistic when asked for his top-four prediction.
      "City, Liverpool, Tottenham, United," he replied.

Link

Alex Ferguson invited to give team-talk to Manchester United players before Liverpool game
      Manchester United could put a dent in Liverpool's Premier League title challenge with a win on Sunday.
      Current caretaker manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has extended an invitation to his former boss to give a speech to the players ahead of their battle with Liverpool.
      Sir Alex Ferguson started managing United in 1986 when they had just seven titles to Liverpool's 18.
      The Reds have failed to win the league since 1990 - during that time Ferguson led United to their 20th title and took great pride in overtaking Liverpool.

The Manchester club are not in this year's title race but are looking to find an edge over Liverpool, and Solskjaer said: "He would be welcome to have his talk to the players if he wanted to, the Gaffer, because we know how much it meant for him to overtake Liverpool.

"I think our players know what it means for everyone at Man United."

The Norwegian said there were no plans for Ferguson to talk to the team, but it would be welcome as the Red Devils seek to stop Jürgen Klopp's side going three points clear of Manchester City.

Link

Words can't express how much I dislike the old git. No surprise here, surely Ole's been in close touch with him since he took over the mancs.

I hope this doesn't sound too callous, but getting someone who has recently had brain surgery....

Nope, can't do it.
      It seems I'm not a big enough c**t to follow this through.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #234: Feb 23, 2019 02:10:38 pm

:lmao:

That clash is a good introduction to United vs Liverpool tomorrow.

(just mentioning the game to pretend I have not gone entirely off topic)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #235: Feb 23, 2019 02:19:36 pm
      :lmao:

That clash is a good introduction to United vs Liverpool tomorrow.

(just mentioning the game to pretend I have not gone entirely off topic)

With so many foreign players now, and only one Scouser in the team, can we really say this fixture is as feisty as it used to be?

Add to that the fact that football has changed so much, I don't get the same feeling from it that I used to.
      It just doesn't seem like it's going to break into violence at any second the way it used to.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #236: Feb 23, 2019 02:28:25 pm
      A great Chance to put Spurs title run in the bin tomorrow go top of the league by 3 clear point and dent UTD's chance of getting top 4 have 3 points ever been worth so much more
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #237: Feb 23, 2019 02:39:16 pm
      Y'all keep the noise down in here. I'm watching Marko Grujic play!!!

So...who do we play this weekend?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #238: Feb 23, 2019 02:47:09 pm
      Y'all keep the noise down in here. I'm watching Marko Grujic play!!!

So...who do we play this weekend?

Bunch of cu*ts from Newton Heath who reckon they're in Manchester.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #239: Feb 23, 2019 02:47:38 pm
      just for those of a nervous disposition may I remind you we have lost just ONE game this season and are joint top with the best ever premier league side/ the most expensive team ever assembled with a game in hand.
      I think we have a fantastic squad and a truly inspirational manager who will know what is needed to go to Old toilet and win .
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #240: Feb 23, 2019 02:56:34 pm
      With so many foreign players now, and only one Scouser in the team, can we really say this fixture is as feisty as it used to be?

Add to that the fact that football has changed so much, I don't get the same feeling from it that I used to.
      It just doesn't seem like it's going to break into violence at any second the way it used to.
      Yeah, No doubt that the  scouse element always added some spice to this fixture & the derby & add in the fact that the game is becoming less of a contact sport these days but I’m sure the likes of hendo ,big Virgil & the gaffer will still have them pumped for this.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #241: Feb 23, 2019 02:58:04 pm
      Yeah, No doubt that the  scouse element always added some spice to this fixture & the derby & add in the fact that the game is becoming less of a contact sport these days but I’m sure the likes of hendo ,big Virgil & the gaffer will still have them pumped for this.

I reckon you have to put Milner in the mix as well.

Probably passing out cartons of ribena.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #242: Feb 23, 2019 03:11:56 pm

Speaking of Milner I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him start I think Jürgen feels he gives a lot of experience in these big games . So maybe Fab alongside Virgil leaving a space for Milner. I think Jürgen sees Milner,Henderson and Gini as a very solid defensive wall especially if the wing backs are going to be our main outlet going forward.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #243: Feb 23, 2019 03:13:24 pm
      Speaking of Milner I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him start I think Jürgen feels he gives a lot of experience in these big games . So maybe Fab alongside Virgil leaving a space for Milner. I think Jürgen sees Milner,Henderson and Gini as a very solid defensive wall especially if the wing backs are going to be our main outlet going forward.

Said the same thing to another poster mate.

Keep it solid, then change it up around 60 mins.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #244: Feb 23, 2019 03:26:34 pm
      It’s an interesting shout mate but I reckon he goes for Matip alongside Virgil. It would just be such a slap in the face for a fit centre back to be replaced by a midfielder in their own position and would effectively mean that Klopp doesn’t trust Matip to do his job.

Plus, Matip had a very good game against Bayern as well.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #245: Feb 23, 2019 03:27:07 pm
      Is that all you got? He's captain and therefore invalidates all opinions?

Human rights Article 19.

Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.

Oh wait, we don't have human rights because Henderson is a captain...

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #246: Feb 23, 2019 03:27:54 pm

You reckon Milner for RB?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #247: Feb 23, 2019 03:29:03 pm
      It’s an interesting shout mate but I reckon he goes for Matip alongside Virgil. It would just be such a slap in the face for a fit centre back to be replaced by a midfielder in their own position and would effectively mean that Klopp doesn’t trust Matip to do his job.

Plus, Matip had a very good game against Bayern as well.

I think Matip has done well but I was just so impressed with Fab against a very good Bayern side. How good now to have so many options. The key tomorrow is to do what they always try to do at Anfield just keep it nice and tight for 20 mins quieten the crowd and then start to dismantle them
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #248: Feb 23, 2019 03:52:36 pm

No mate, was thinking about everyones favourite midfield trio, of Henderson, Wijnaldum and Milner for 60 mins, then bring Fabinho on to open the game up a bit.

Doubt it'll happen.
      More of a passing thought is all.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #249: Feb 23, 2019 03:55:54 pm
      Said the same thing to another poster mate.

Keep it solid, then change it up around 60 mins.

yeah change it up when we are 3-0 down, with our midfield having been completely overrun. The midfield of Milner, Hendo and Gini is an abomination, they are like antimatter to each other, completely negative and passive, NOT what we need against a rampant and positive Man Utd team.
      If we start with that trio then we lose, its as simple as that.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #250: Feb 23, 2019 03:57:53 pm
      No mate, was thinking about everyones favourite midfield trio, of Henderson, Wijnaldum and Milner for 60 mins, then bring Fabinho on to open the game up a bit.

Doubt it'll happen.
      More of a passing thought is all.

For an opinionated person you sure do talk a lot of sh*t.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #251: Feb 23, 2019 04:08:47 pm
      With Spurs having dropped points, this is a great chance for us to put the back to back draws and horror 4 days or so vs Leicester and West Ham well and truly behind us. We now have the chance to make amends, I know we’ve won a game since then but this is a great chance to regain top spot with a 3 point gap and open up a good lead over the Spuds again.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #252: Feb 23, 2019 05:38:49 pm
      yeah change it up when we are 3-0 down, with our midfield having been completely overrun. The midfield of Milner, Hendo and Gini is an abomination, they are like antimatter to each other, completely negative and passive, NOT what we need against a rampant and positive Man Utd team.
      If we start with that trio then we lose, its as simple as that.

you don't half talk sh*te you have no idea how the game will go with that trio a trio Jürgen goes to when he wants to keep I tight.
      I must look out for your latest book "posting sh*te by Heimdall".  What is simple is your myopic view that only you have a valid opinion.
      I am sure Jürgen comes on here to look to you for formation and team selection. Funny that our team Liverpool has lost just one game but UTD 14 points behind are "rampant" rampant as a f***in rabbit without the batteries

Quick Reply