Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man Utd?

Alisson
      32 (29.4%)
       Fabinho
      37 (33.9%)
      Joel Matip
      8 (7.3%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      8 (7.3%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (2.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      5 (4.6%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      14 (12.8%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (0.9%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (0.9%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Voting closed: Feb 28, 2019 03:59:05 pm

Manchester United 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 42715 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1491 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: Manchester United 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #897: Feb 24, 2019 04:48:28 pm
      Simeone was my second choice behind JĆ¼rgen after TPM was sacked.
      Third was Deschamps.

All top managers ......but my manager of choice is and has always been Herr JĆ¼rgen Meister.   

Would change him for anyone.
      I think you mean 'Wouldn't' Spike :D
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #898: Feb 24, 2019 04:48:55 pm
      Plenty are throwing the towel in - read back and count how many saying we wonā€™t win the title now or win a trophy

Itā€™s pathetic how people are overreacting

And I'm not one of them but to just accept a performance like that with so many poor individual displays and recent form is naive
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #899: Feb 24, 2019 04:52:07 pm
      There's no spark because we played 3 holding midfielders, our slowest striker played an hour whilst doing the grand total of F**k all and the wide players were atrocious throughout. It's not harsh, it's the truth. If we want to win the title then they need to show it on the pitch. Against leicester, West Ham & United we have completely failed to do so. They had 10 men for most of that game don't forget. Rashford pretty much went on an afternoon stroll.

I thought the midfield did really well, United didnā€™t get a foot on the ball at home which is impressive.

Creativity was put onto the shoulders of the front 3 and 2 full backs and they failed to do so.

It was not a poor team performance it was a poor attacking performance.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3405 
      Reply #900: Feb 24, 2019 04:56:49 pm
      Just to put it into perspective- the fans in the stadium were changing ā€œLiverpool Top of the Tableā€ !!

At least the away guys getting behind the team
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #901: Feb 24, 2019 04:57:08 pm
      I think a good result. We got a point away at a hard team.

It would have been a great result if we won vs Leciester and West Ham. But yeah, away to Utd and getting a draw is a good result.... if you didn't watch the game, and with how sh*te they were, I don't think it's a good result.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1491 
      Reply #902: Feb 24, 2019 04:57:32 pm
      Will we win the title now? There are so many variables in football it's difficult to say. Staying fit, luck, psychology. But if I'm honest, when I look at how we should have gone 7 points clear after the Leicester debacle a few weeks ago, to only being a point clear after a truly dreadful performance, I'm not so sure anymore.

It wouldn't be so bad if someone could say why we played that way. It was inexplicable. It can't have been fatigue; we played Bayern Tuesday night (and played well I thought). It can't be confidence either. I think it's coming down to bottle. Today, from about 25mins onward, Utd were up for a fight and went at us. Whereas we seemed to lack creativity and belief. It's like everyone was hoping someone else might nick a goal and everyone could go home happy.

If this was the first game of the season I'd be saying that's a great point away from home against arguably our bitterest rivals. But with it being so close with only 11 games to go, and on the back of a performance like that, I see it as 2 points dropped.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,543 posts | 725 
      Reply #903: Feb 24, 2019 04:58:31 pm
      imagine drawing 0-0 away at united, losing 1 league game all season, being top of the league.... and still complaining.

i saw some spurs fans saying poch out after they lost to burnley yesterday.

Honestly, i think football fans in general have lost their damn minds.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #904: Feb 24, 2019 04:59:16 pm
      Form is worrying and I honestly think the two breaks have fu**ed up our Mojo. the good news is despite this we are top of the league and form can return and if it does the lads should be fresh enough to press on

Yes agreed, we are top of the league and a reason to be happy with. But many here are very critical and vocal because they are very passionate to see us do well all the way to the final game, not that they have support the club any less after this game. Also not that we have just won by 3-0 and we are still moaning, far from it. The other thing is, I believe the vocal ones here are worried as after X'mas, our performance seems to be getting poorer and poorer.  In fact and in all honesty, before the game, I would be happy with a point, Assuming, I did not watch the match, I would be contented with a point, bearing in mind Utd is in good form coming into the game. But having watched the game and the way we performed, front line so disjointed, passes and crosses ended up everywhere except where it is intended and  created nothing for 94 mins, we were simply lucky to get a point today, we could easily have lost the game by 1-0, 2-0 or 3-0 if Utd took their chances. It's the poor trend that the noisy ones here are concerned of, if I'm not mistaken.

Can someone start a post - "Why Is The Front 3 become So Disjointed?" Would be interesting to hear what many here have to say.
      CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #905: Feb 24, 2019 04:59:48 pm
      imagine drawing 0-0 away at united, losing 1 league game all season, being top of the league.... and still complaining.

We've seen worse on here saying we won't win anything under Klopp and whatever other garbage clowns have spewed.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #906: Feb 24, 2019 05:02:55 pm
      I think I will write to JĆ¼rgen to say being top of the league just isn't good enough and unless the lads can win every game 4 or 5 nil he should just go. Does he realise he is upsetting people who have a right to be entertained whilst sitting on their arses in front of the Television whilst those idiots travelling to Old Trafford sing their hearts out in support.
      If we stumble our way through the next 11 games but still win the league I take it some will still be complaining that winning the league just isn't enough the demand to be excited ,thrilled and entertained every single game.
      Probably a good time to take a break.
      DanMann

• 5,749 posts | 882 
      Reply #907: Feb 24, 2019 05:04:02 pm
      Can't say that Sturridge played well. But can't say he played badly.

He didn't contribute much, but as a Striker, what did he have to work with? How many times did he get a touch in the box? or even in a position where he could shoot? 

The creative flow to our Striker was appalling. It was non-existent.

People keep comparing Sturridge to Firmino and expecting him to play like Firmino. When he doesn't 'do a Firmino' they claim that he has played badly. Sturridge is not a Firmino. He's not a run around, chase the ball player. He's a Striker. He likes to play on the shoulder, ready to attack, ready to score.

The fact that we saw him having to drop back deep again looking for the ball was a reflection on our poor creativity. There was nothing happening.

Such a boring game that one..  :f_doh:
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #908: Feb 24, 2019 05:05:23 pm
      https://twitter.com/LFC_Vines/status/1099709976090685445

Klopp's reaction said it all.

Wasted opportunity today, need to play better sooner rather than later.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,020 posts | 527 
      Reply #909: Feb 24, 2019 05:06:54 pm
      I thought the midfield did really well, United didnā€™t get a foot on the ball at home which is impressive.

Creativity was put onto the shoulders of the front 3 and 2 full backs and they failed to do so.

Yep. Defence and midfield gave us the platform, but attackers were all sh*t (except Bobby before he went off). Hopefully a one off.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #910: Feb 24, 2019 05:09:54 pm
      it was f**king painful I had to turn it off for 10 mins hoping the voodoo Gods would do their work but I don't see any point in being negative on a day we took a point at Old Trafford to go top of the league whilst they have gone out of the CL places.

Haha, never looked at it like that. Overall we are on the up and we will go very close this year, no doubt. But today does feel like a missed opportunity.

In hindsight, playing a midfield of Hendo, Gini, Fabinho, plus Milner st right back was always going to lack creativity going forward.

Only reason I can see for TAA was because he had such a hard time against Rashford last time out (or has he been coming back from injury, I canā€™t remember?). But once Rashford was struggling I think we should have got TAA on for an outlet as Milner was incredibly wasteful today.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #911: Feb 24, 2019 05:11:23 pm
      It would have been a great result if we won vs Leciester and West Ham. But yeah, away to Utd and getting a draw is a good result.... if you didn't watch the game, and with how sh*te they were, I don't think it's a good result.
      there's always going to be those days, the reason why the result is good is because it's still in our hands. If we lost today then we'd have needed favours. The Leicester and West Ham games surely cost us and not today. You're spot on with that.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #912: Feb 24, 2019 05:13:52 pm
      Will we win the title now? There are so many variables in football it's difficult to say. Staying fit, luck, psychology. But if I'm honest, when I look at how we should have gone 7 points clear after the Leicester debacle a few weeks ago, to only being a point clear after a truly dreadful performance, I'm not so sure anymore.

It wouldn't be so bad if someone could say why we played that way. It was inexplicable. It can't have been fatigue; we played Bayern Tuesday night (and played well I thought). It can't be confidence either. I think it's coming down to bottle. Today, from about 25mins onward, Utd were up for a fight and went at us. Whereas we seemed to lack creativity and belief. It's like everyone was hoping someone else might nick a goal and everyone could go home happy.

If this was the first game of the season I'd be saying that's a great point away from home against arguably our bitterest rivals. But with it being so close with only 11 games to go, and on the back of a performance like that, I see it as 2 points dropped.

It was always gonna be tough. Weā€™ve a 100 point team in our wake. The premier league ainā€™t the easiest.

Most of us were more sure on Christmas as weā€™ve made our assumptions. But itā€™s a long season. Weā€™re close. We just need to ride this out. I guess new assumptions have kicked in for some. The assumption that we can never play like before leads to disappointment.

But thatā€™s the situation. Whether we make it or not nobody knows. 11 games, anything can happen. Spurs can lose at Burnley when nobody could see it. We need everyone to stick together now. Thatā€™s what matters. If we do we always have a chance.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #913: Feb 24, 2019 05:15:13 pm
      Was our only shot on target that pot shot by studge from about 50 yards out?
      Yep
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 820 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #914: Feb 24, 2019 05:15:25 pm
      First and foremost that was an abysmal game all around. Stop start all the way through.

We most definitely have dropped two points here instead of gaining one, today i was most disappointed with the subs Klopp made, I understand the Sturridge for Firmino sub, although i would have preferred Shaqiri to come on. But for the life of me i cannot workout why Naby Keita didn't come on in the game, it was crying out for someone in our midfield to attack them, that just isn't going to happen with a midfield three of Gini, Hendo and Fabinho.

I understand we don't want to lose but the timing of the subs and the subs themselves for me spoke volumes about how Klopp may have feared united more than he should have. Once Rashford was injured it should have been a matter of when rather in if TAA would come on, Milner just doesn't offer enough down that right hand side IMO, i know his the ideal professional etc. but for what we need for our front three he is not it.

We are still one point ahead and it is still in our hands but we really need to click back into form, really hope the injury to Bobby isn't too substantial but if it is id like to see Salah down the middle with Shaqiri out on the right.

Also, shout out to Alisson, didn't have much to do but when called upon was alert to the danger.

Come on redmen we can do this! 
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #915: Feb 24, 2019 05:17:05 pm

But you can't put all of that responsibility on the shoulders of the front 3 in every single game.

Neither of the 3 midfielders had a bad game but there's very little creativity in that midfield. Between the three of them they have 3 goals and 3 assists in 82 games this season. We need somebody in there who can create and score. The attack needs help from time to time in producing goals and they rarely get it.

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1491 
      Reply #916: Feb 24, 2019 05:18:09 pm

Can't speak for anyone else but I'm not judging anything on just 75 minutes of football today. For me, it is January and February that has seen us with a chance to go 7 points clear to only being 1 point clear. The bigger picture and all that.

People say it's a well-earned point. Well, it's better than 0 points but that is it. Don't forget you can lose out on silverware not only by losing games -  but by drawing too many as well. It's disappointing because we needed to go out today and make a statement by winning and putting us four points clear of City. We didn't.

It's worrying that when chances come our way - we mess it up. Put another way, it's not like we won today and went 1 point clear, we drew and went 1 point clear. So points dropped for me, given where we are at the season.

We cannot afford another performance like that. Sure City might drop more points than us; it just doesn't look likely going by the last 6 weeks of football.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #917: Feb 24, 2019 05:19:14 pm
      https://twitter.com/LFC_Vines/status/1099709976090685445

Klopp's reaction said it all.

Wasted opportunity today, need to play better sooner rather than later.

Says it all. We should be glad that he wants it more than all of us. If he was cool about it, weā€™ll be fu**ed for the next 11 games.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1491 
      Reply #918: Feb 24, 2019 05:21:29 pm
      All that said, 33 points to play for.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #919: Feb 24, 2019 05:22:14 pm
      We're up against the team with most points in the history of the league, in arguably the currently most competitive league in the world, and people are coming up with narratives as to why we're not cruising on our way to the title because half-way through the season we had a bigger lead (our largest was in December). Sometimes it feels as if people would be more confident if we never actually had a larger points advantage. As it turns out, we've been in the top for 12 rounds straight. I'm not telling anyone how they should feel but don't try and project your panic into the players, no one is bottling anything.

Quick Reply