Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Watford (Wed, 27th Feb 2019 - 20:00)

Read 14603 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Watford (Wed, 27th Feb 2019 - 20:00)
      Reply #23: Feb 25, 2019 06:29:49 pm
      its south of Birmingham its London ;D

:laugh:
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #24: Feb 25, 2019 06:31:37 pm
      Alisson
      TAA Matip VVD Moreno
      Fab Hendo Keita
      Salah Sturridge Mané

Keita is our future, so I want Keita to develop, so he needs minutes. I want Moreno to try if he can bring more explosiveness 'cause he's more dynamic than Robbo. I want Sturridge because of his distance shot and header quality, if he sucks bring Shaq around 70th min.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #25: Feb 25, 2019 06:35:18 pm
      Alisson
      TAA Matip VVD Moreno
      Fab Hendo Keita
      Salah Sturridge Mané

Keita is our future, so I want Keita to develop, so he needs minutes. I want Moreno to try if he can bring more explosiveness 'cause he's more dynamic than Robbo. I want Sturridge because of his distance shot and header quality, if he sucks bring Shaq around 70th min.

Wait, first you want to replace Salah with Zaha and now replace Robbo with Moreno.

You are a Chelsea fan aren't you, just trolling us.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #26: Feb 25, 2019 06:36:02 pm
      If we don't win this ......then quite frankly we don't deserve the title.

They were impressive on the last outing and there are a couple of players ...other than Deeney ...to keep quiet.

Lets hope we get back to some Rock and Roll football.

3-0 Reds.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #27: Feb 25, 2019 06:36:26 pm
      Theyve been way off their best for me but they have no fear to push them. They know they just get picked anyway. Id love them bothbto be dropped and told its for form. Then about 55 mins into the game throw both on and see a reaction...telling you it would be visible and that would bendfit all of us

I think there may be some truth to the dig other fans have about Salah not turning up in big games and i just think that is down to him being doubled up on by better players than the lesser teams.

I fully expect him to get a goal or two in the next couple of games.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #28: Feb 25, 2019 06:45:32 pm
      Alisson
      TAA Matip VVD Moreno
      Fab Hendo Keita
      Salah Sturridge Mané

Yes Moreno and Sturridge.

Two players I'd rather not see kick a ball for us again.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #29: Feb 25, 2019 06:54:56 pm
      My team for this game would be the below (assuming bobby is out), was tempted to chuck Shaqiri in for Gini and have Salah out on the right with Divock or Danny up top but I think that would be asking for trouble against Watford, leaving us to vulnerable on the counter.

Alisson

Trent          Matip            Van Dijk            Robbo

Fabinho                                 
                  Gini                             Keita

Shaqiri                  Salah                  Mane

molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #30: Feb 25, 2019 07:01:23 pm
      My team for this game would be the below (assuming bobby is out), was tempted to chuck Shaqiri in for Gini and have Salah out on the right with Divock or Danny up top but I think that would be asking for trouble against Watford, leaving us to vulnerable on the counter.

Alisson

Fabinho                                 

Same team as this
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #31: Feb 25, 2019 07:16:43 pm
      Urgh,another F***ing nbcgold streaming game,guess i'm watching this one at home.Trying to kill the social aspect of soccer watching in this country.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #32: Feb 25, 2019 07:19:29 pm

Alisson

Fabinho                                 

Think it will be this line up, if anything is different then maybe Hendo for Gini in the basis that Hendo came off last time whilst Gini stayed on.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,183 posts | 526 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #33: Feb 25, 2019 07:21:51 pm
      Alisson
      TAA Matip VVD Moreno
      Fab Hendo Keita
      Salah Sturridge Mané

Your posts crack me up mate. Pure comedy. Jem, one after another.

:lmao:
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #34: Feb 25, 2019 07:24:40 pm
      Wait, first you want to replace Salah with Zaha

Zaha looks physically stronger and determined to press & tackle (unlike Salah). He would certainly blossom under Klopp as Salah did. It's still just a thought experiment though. Salah is too decent and humble and showed nothing but loyality so far to treat him like business and of course overall he's still a decade steal from Roma, so I wouldn't actually replace Salah (only if what he did vs. MU becomes his standard and he begins to bi*ch).

now replace Robbo with Moreno.

Pound for pound (excluding the brain) Moreno is better than Robbo. He's the better athlete, he's fresh. I'd like to see a more stallion-like player that does some crazy sh*t than Robbo who stops before the box to give the ball back in literally 99% of all cases. We need some insanity, we are too rational as a team.

You are a Chelsea fan aren't you, just trolling us.

No Chelsea fan has time to troll around if the house is burning (Chelsea outside of top4, Sarri vs. Kepa).
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #35: Feb 25, 2019 07:26:11 pm
      Zaha looks physically stronger and determined to press & tackle (unlike Salah). He would certainly blossom under Klopp as Salah did. It's still just a thought experiment though. Salah is too decent and humble and showed nothing but loyality so far to treat him like business and of course overall he's still a decade steal from Roma, so I wouldn't actually replace Salah (only if what he did vs. MU becomes his standard and he begins to bi*ch).

Pound for pound (excluding the brain) Moreno is better than Robbo. He's the better athlete, he's fresh. I'd like to see a more stallion-like player that does some crazy sh*t than Robbo who stops before the box to give the ball back in literally 99% of all cases. We need some insanity, we are too rational as a team.

No Chelsea fan has time to troll around if the house is burning (Chelsea outside of top4, Sarri vs. Kepa).

Have a word with yourself, you are talking so much crap your eyes must be dark brown.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #36: Feb 25, 2019 07:55:21 pm

Yeah, well replacing Robbo with Moreno would definitely qualify as insanity. What are you on?
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #37: Feb 25, 2019 07:58:12 pm

Re your claim that Robbo doesn't always take it on. Well yes he does hold off, but the two main reason he does that is A) He's not a winger and B) Mane has moved inside and Robbo has to check his run.

In a sense your right to highlight our play down the left. I've said a few times Mane should stay out wide.Would help to spread the play and have that extra man coming in on the blind side. But lately Mane has been playing inside and it cuts down Robbo's options.

Don't think Moreno has the defensive capabilities, not that bad on the front foot but he's a fair bit behind Robbo.
      « Last Edit: Feb 25, 2019 08:06:03 pm by Harrisimo »
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #38: Feb 25, 2019 07:59:27 pm
      Shaqiri just looks awful every time he has come on recently - no impact what so ever.

I’ll be tempted to stick Origi up top with Salah and Mane either side.

Keita Fabinho and Wijnaldum in the middle
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #39: Feb 25, 2019 08:14:07 pm

You're entitled to your opinion but let me give you some selective stats on both.

Andy Robertson vs Alberto Moreno

Assists: 15 vs 5
      Big Chances created: 19 vs 4
      Passes: 4,962 vs 3,372
      Passes per match: 45.71 vx 37.47
      Crosses: 373 vs 264
      Cross accuracy%: 15% vs 23%
      Through balls: 5 vs 3
      Accurate long Balls: 213 vs 177
      Interceptions: 142 vs 112
      Recoveries: 591 vs 331
      Duels won: 356 vs 349
      Successful: 50/50s 76 vs 40
      Aerial Battles won: 47 vs 39
      Aerial Battles lost: 47 vs 50
      Errors leading to a goal: 1 vs 2

These are career statistics. With the exception of cross accuracy, Andy Robertson comes out on top in all of them, and even that is only due to the fact he crosses substantially more than Moreno does. All figures taken from the official Premier League website:

https://www.premierleague.com/players

In addition to this, stats that aren't covered but can be seen clearly with our own eyes is that Robbo presses better than Moreno. He also has a better footballing brain and superior situational awareness. Moreno has explosive speed but doesn't do anything with the ball, often loses sight of where he is in relation to the rest of the defence and generally runs around like a headless chicken which is why opposition teams are happy for him to have the ball.

As I said you're entitled to your opinion but the stats don't really back it up.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #40: Feb 25, 2019 08:31:30 pm
      I'm more worry of the front line and the midfield than anything else. Mane and Salah seems to be misfiring badly in the last game. Not sure what is going on with Salah, seems to be doing everything wrong at the moment. For a start maybe he could roam around the opposition box and not stay stagnamt on the right wing but try to outpace defenders and not back facing defenders that would allow defenders to mark him tightly. I would allow Salah to roam freely inside the box and that would be nightmare to defenders. Anyway, Salah can't defend, so why not.

Midfield certainly needs to deliver the ball to the front line better and not always knocking the ball to the wings. Interesting to know what was said in the heated exchange between Klopp and Hendo in the last game when Hendo was replaced. Certainly needs much better creativity from midfield.

We need better delivery of crosses into the opposition box, that's for sure and it was shocking in the last game. If we had an Alonso around we would likely to have another 9 points by now. We don;t have a world class midfielder at the moment, that is probably the missing piece of jigsaw puzzle at the moment.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #41: Feb 25, 2019 08:39:41 pm
      with Divock or Danny up top but I think that would be asking for trouble against Watford, leaving us to vulnerable on the counter.

I think that would be risky against anyone dude, I'd be happy not to see either player in a red shirt again this season. Have always been a big fan of Studge and he really looked the part in pre-season and in a few early season performance but he has reverted to the pale shadow of the player he was again.

As for Wednesday, get Salah playing through the middle and pop Shaqiri on the right, i'd go same team as you and a few others have posted.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #42: Feb 25, 2019 08:42:24 pm
      I think that would be risky against anyone dude, I'd be happy not to see either player in a red shirt again this season. Have always been a big fan of Studge and he really looked the part in pre-season and in a few early season performance but he has reverted to the pale shadow of the player he was again.

As for Wednesday, get Salah playing through the middle and pop Shaqiri on the right, i'd go same team as you and a few others have posted.

Honestly think the team on Wednesday picks itself but have to wait and see, Klopp loves throwing in a surprise every now and then, wouldn't surprise me if Lallana randomly started.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #43: Feb 25, 2019 09:56:45 pm
      Don't need a 'statement' or 7 goals here, just need to win and get a bit of confidence back. Especially considering City will probably stick 4 or 5 past Bournemouth.

If there's no Bobby I'd put Shaqiri and move Salah in the middle. Anything bar Sturridge really.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #44: Feb 25, 2019 10:16:47 pm
      Lallana and Shaqiri behind Origi

Mane and Mo cant keep being handed starts

hahahahaha
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #45: Feb 25, 2019 10:19:05 pm
      Mané and Salah both scored in the same game, before we played Bayern and Man Utd and had two 0-0 draws. Mané had also scored in 4 games in a row. Salah, meanwhile, has 11 goals and 3 assists in the last 15 games.

But sure, let's play Lallana and Shaqiri ahead of them because people can't keep their sh*t together.

Quick Reply