Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Watford (Wed, 27th Feb 2019 - 20:00)

Read 14595 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Watford (Wed, 27th Feb 2019 - 20:00)
      Reply #69: Feb 26, 2019 12:14:11 pm
      But criticising Hendo on here has been outlawed. Get jumped on..."blame Hendo" syndrome. Well I'll have a pop...might not get noticed. He was on the peripheral for most of the game.OK I get that he was holding while Fab was the midfield/attack link but he was passing sideways, even when he had time and space.

The lad himself must know he is under pressure to be more assertive. There has to be more urgency all round and continually laying it back to VVD or Matip slows it down. I very much doubt reports of a dressing room bust up, more likely Klopp was critical of the team in not reacting to their disarray and failure to grasp the moment as it were.

Are you sure about this?

Because I saw Fabinho and Wijnaldum in the deep positions and Henderson playing further up.
      That's why Shaqiri came on for Henderson, and incidentally, didn't do any better.
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #70: Feb 26, 2019 12:18:00 pm
      Alisson
      TAA Matip VVD Moreno
      Fab Hendo Keita
      Salah Sturridge Mané

Keita is our future, so I want Keita to develop, so he needs minutes. I want Moreno to try if he can bring more explosiveness 'cause he's more dynamic than Robbo. I want Sturridge because of his distance shot and header quality, if he sucks bring Shaq around 70th min.

Like I said in another thread,there’s some first class beauts in this forum
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #71: Feb 26, 2019 12:20:36 pm
      How good was Pogba on Sunday the answer is Pogba who and who was it kept him quiet ?.
      I really don't care if Henderson plays its more important for me that we win but some people are happier to see us lose so they can have a pop.
      We need a solid 3 if we have both Trent and Robbo bombing on other wise we have massive holes for the opposition to expose when they get caught forward.
      I will be interested to see how we line up tomorrow is it time now to unleash the lads to play like we did last season and try to destroy teams .
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #72: Feb 26, 2019 12:21:53 pm
      Like I said in another thread,there’s some first class beauts in this forum

"more dynamic than Robbo" made me laugh.

The guy's a F***ing machine, and does well at both ends of the pitch.
      He never stops.
      How is Moreno "more dynamic"? He's not.

Half the time on here I really wonder if I'm reading satire.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #73: Feb 26, 2019 12:22:35 pm
      Are you sure about this?

Because I saw Fabinho and Wijnaldum in the deep positions and Henderson playing further up.
      That's why Shaqiri came on for Henderson, and incidentally, didn't do any better.

Definitely Henderson was farther forward. Also, playing  Shaquiri for 90 minutes does not seem like a good idea. his contribution in the 2nd half of the season, even as a sub, has been minimal for the most part.

I kind of expect to see Origi start vs Watford.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #74: Feb 26, 2019 12:26:40 pm
      But criticising Hendo on here has been outlawed. Get jumped on..."blame Hendo" syndrome. Well I'll have a pop...might not get noticed. He was on the peripheral for most of the game.OK I get that he was holding while Fab was the midfield/attack link but he was passing sideways, even when he had time and space.

The lad himself must know he is under pressure to be more assertive. There has to be more urgency all round and continually laying it back to VVD or Matip slows it down. I very much doubt reports of a dressing room bust up, more likely Klopp was critical of the team in not reacting to United's disarray and failure to grasp the moment as it were.

Henderson was the furthest forward of the midfield trio on the right hand side hence why that combination with Milner was such a disaster!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #75: Feb 26, 2019 12:28:00 pm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #76: Feb 26, 2019 12:28:16 pm

Definitely Henderson was farther forward. Also, playing  Shaquiri for 90 minutes does not seem like a good idea. his contribution in the 2nd half of the season, even as a sub, has been minimal for the most part.

I kind of expect to see Origi start vs Watford.

had great hopes for Shaq but he seems to have gone back in Jurgens plans. Is he still carrying an injury. This is going to be a very interesting team selection but Jürgen doesn't change things too often unless injuries force him to do so. Being top of the league means he will show loyalty to those who got them there
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #77: Feb 26, 2019 12:29:58 pm
      had great hopes for Shaq but he seems to have gone back in Jurgens plans. Is he still carrying an injury. This is going to be a very interesting team selection but Jürgen doesn't change things too often unless injuries force him to do so. Being top of the league means he will show loyalty to those who got them there

Think he had an injury to his abs?
      Not sure.
      Whatever it was has restricted him.
      I think we're yet to see the best of him.

It will be interesting to see how we line up if Firmino is out.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #78: Feb 26, 2019 12:30:54 pm
      Am I right in thinking our midfield is normally set up to allow the wing backs to play high up the park  they are not really there to score goals or be too creative and so far its worked quite well. So I don't get the point of looking at assists or goals from midfield.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #79: Feb 26, 2019 12:34:27 pm
      Am I right in thinking our midfield is normally set up to allow the wing backs to play high up the park  they are not really there to score goals or be too creative and so far its worked quite well. So I don't get the point of looking at assists or goals from midfield.

You want to stop reading too much of Swab’s crazy postings.

Don’t see the point in goals or assists from midfield  :lmao:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #80: Feb 26, 2019 12:37:32 pm

Yes mate.
      Klopp himself has said numerous times that our FB's are the primary attacking outlet.

It's apparently difficult for some to get their heads round this.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #81: Feb 26, 2019 12:38:27 pm

While I agree were set up like that we need more goals and assists from midfield.

Should be a priority this summer.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #82: Feb 26, 2019 12:39:55 pm
      While I agree were set up like that we need more goals and assists from midfield.

Yup. Was last summer so can’t see why it would change.

Two things make it more stark.

A) we didn’t sign Fekir

B) Naby has been a disappointment to date
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #83: Feb 26, 2019 12:41:47 pm

Yup. Was last summer so can’t see why it would change.

Two things make it more stark.

A) we didn’t sign Fekir

B) Naby has been a disappointment to date

Work in progress.
      Rafa had a similar system of employing the FB's further up, but he did it differently and had Gerrard to play behind Torres.
      Lucky f**ker.  ;)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #84: Feb 26, 2019 12:53:03 pm
      You want to stop reading too much of Swab’s crazy postings.

Don’t see the point in goals or assists from midfield  :lmao:

is that your best attempt at serious post . You need to speak with Jürgen not me and you need to read posts before trying to be smart which you are clearly not.
      Despite the lack of assists from our midfield and despite the lack of goals from midfield we are top of the League so come on smartarse you explain how we achieved that with our defensive midfield.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #85: Feb 26, 2019 01:15:54 pm
      depends on how Watford  set up, if the leave deaney up front and sit behind the ball we probably won't break them down.  We seem to have lost all sense of urgency lately with too many players not turning up apart from Allison, VVD & Fab.

Hope they prove me wrong.

YNWA
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #86: Feb 26, 2019 01:16:44 pm
      Are you sure about this?

In the first half Hendo ambled thru. Didn't push on and didn't impose any real urgency or leadership. The midfield wasn't set up to be on the front foot. Klopp was expecting United to come at us and we were set up to contain. The reported bust up, I think was mostly Klopp saying we failed to capitilise on United's disarray. Klopp frustration showed when he took Hendo off.

Henderson has to take more risks, as do the rest of midfield. Playing the ball to feet is not always the best option. I have supported Hendo but the situation calls for action, and urgency. It was clearly lacking against United especially in that vital first half.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #87: Feb 26, 2019 01:20:45 pm
      In the first half Hendo ambled thru. Didn't push on and didn't impose any real urgency or leadership. The midfield wasn't set up to be on the front foot. Klopp was expecting United to come at us and we were set up to contain. The reported bust up, I think was mostly Klopp saying we failed to capitilise on United's disarray. Klopp frustration showed when he took Hendo off.

Henderson has to take more risks, as do the rest of midfield. Playing the ball to feet is not always the best option. I have supported Hendo but the situation calls for action, and urgency. It was clearly lacking against United especially in that vital first half.

why do they have to take more risks?  We are top of the league playing with a style that Jürgen likes and has brought us to a point where we have lost just 1 league game and top of the League. Pogba didn't get a touch and because of that Lukaku hardly had a touch.
      Utd were the form team in this game not us but the first twenty mins we battered them the changes including Bobby's disrupted the rhythm .
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #88: Feb 26, 2019 01:29:35 pm
      We won't be top of the league when it counts if we don't up our performances and take our chances in front of goal.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #89: Feb 26, 2019 01:35:09 pm

Hmm, are you sure about that?
      Because what I saw was Henderson sitting behind the front 3, working the ball wide (as he's supposed to) supporting the flanks and creating a couple of things out of thin air.
      The little dink inside for (I think) Salah who pulled it back was one that sticks in my mind.

The sub was tactical.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he had a great game, but he was decent.

A bit hard to do anything against a packed defense, particularly when that packed defense is full of players that cost a sh*t ton of money.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #90: Feb 26, 2019 01:55:19 pm
      I can't remember when we last played well to be honest, and were top of the league - so surely it has to change at some point.

Come on lads this is getting serious now.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #91: Feb 26, 2019 02:01:47 pm
      Bobby is still a maybe for this game, suspect he wont be risked.

But Naby should comeback into team.

Quick Reply