Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Champions League] Sat 1st Jun @ 8:00 pm
      Estadio Metropolitano, Madrid

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Watford?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      70 (58.3%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      14 (11.7%)
       Fabinho
      19 (15.8%)
      James Milner
      4 (3.3%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (0.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      10 (8.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (0.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (0.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 120

Voting closed: Mar 03, 2019 09:51:17 pm

Liverpool 5-0 Watford: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 4037 times
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,683 posts | 972 
      Re: Liverpool 5-0 Watford: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #400: Feb 28, 2019 04:14:33 am
      Was in bed early last night as not been feeling great, so woke up and just saw the score. WOW.

Get in there redmen, over the moon!!!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,236 posts | 1681 
      Reply #401: Feb 28, 2019 07:08:20 am
      I said in the pre matchpost we would give Watford Wat-for, well we did better than that we gave them 5 of the best.As did a few other posters I gave Fabinho my man of the match.Now for Everton it would be good to hit them for 6
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,801 posts | 2253 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #402: Feb 28, 2019 07:47:54 am
      We won a game so the world isn’t ending and we haven’t just gifted the league to City anymore!

I swear we have some bipolar fans
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,506 posts | 1816 
      Reply #403: Feb 28, 2019 07:49:00 am
      Superb team performance, with special mentions to Virgil, Fabinho, Mane and Trent although the whole team was fantastic.

Can someone tell me again how starting Trent instead of Milner against Manure would have made no difference ;-)

That was exactly the result we needed whilst Citeh huffed and puffed again to win their match, I sense momentum shifting again.

One slight negative I noticed was that as soon as Hendo came on our overall pressure and drive in open play dropped, even in a free flowing game like this he still played passively, a bit disappointing.

Oh and Bye bye Spurs, looks like Kane coming back fu**ed them up, good!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,189 posts | 1144 
      Reply #404: Feb 28, 2019 07:51:50 am
      Strange logic but, is it not, to say that Hazard is overrated because he has the quality to be one of the best players in the world. So if that quality is so evident, why is he considered overrated? Not suggesting that is what you are saying but that seems to be many people’s angle on the guy.

I mean look at the environment that the guy plays in, a revolving door of managers and strike partners and a club that has completely lost its identity. Can you imagine what a stable club/manager would get out of him? Can you imagine what Klopp would get out of him?

I just don't get him. He is incredible and has played in title winning Chelsea teams and yet has never had the numbers his game deserves. The opposite of a money ball player.

Anyway f**k him, give me Mane and Salah any time!
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,506 posts | 1816 
      Reply #405: Feb 28, 2019 07:52:56 am
      We won a game so the world isn’t ending and we haven’t just gifted the league to City anymore!

I swear we have some bipolar fans

In what way? Sunday was a sh*t performance and game, as most people said, yesterday was the opposite. I think you perhaps don't understand what bipolar means. Bipolar would mean, in very simple terms, having different reactions to the same result.

The reality though is that Citeh are still 1 point ahead, but I sense a momentum shift again, but its vital that we beat the bitters as well.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,413 posts | 2441 
      Reply #406: Feb 28, 2019 07:57:47 am
      We had more pace in our attack without Bobby that's for sure. 

Will be interesting to see what Klopp does with Bobby on Sunday.

Plays him if he’s fit.

100% not in doubt.
      Rockafella88
      • Forum David Johnson

• 241 posts | 72 
      Reply #407: Feb 28, 2019 08:24:48 am
      The hazard thing, he doesn't score enough goals or assist enough with his quality.

So when pundits laud him over say, Mane it is funny. Mane has scored what 5 goals in 5 games, 15 for season, plays a very similar role.

Since 30th December he has had 1 assist, and 2 goals (both goals against a sh*t huddersfield)

Not exactly world class numbers is it?
      jimbo1962
      • Forum David Johnson

• 229 posts | 34 
      Reply #408: Feb 28, 2019 08:31:13 am
      5 goals and Mo didnt get any...when is he getting his 50th?
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 875 posts | 251 
      Reply #409: Feb 28, 2019 08:47:14 am

As Alex1995 said earlier, he may be trying too hard.  His overall game contributed massively to the win last night, but sometimes he needs to lay it off earlier or try another move other than the cut-inside-at-the-edge-of-the-box-and-curl-a-left-footer-into-the-top- corner thing.
      andylfcynwa

• 7,511 posts | 794 
      Reply #410: Feb 28, 2019 08:47:26 am
      Saving it for Sunday ,
      Hope we come through that unscathed as they are sure to kick the sh*t out of us
      Back to winning ways take that into Sunday and turn over the blue sh*te .
      LondonRed83

• 9,266 posts | 1233 
      Reply #411: Feb 28, 2019 08:50:32 am
      As Alex1995 said earlier, he may be trying too hard.  His overall game contributed massively to the win last night, but sometimes he needs to lay it off earlier or try another move other than the cut-inside-at-the-edge-of-the-box-and-curl-a-left-footer-into-the-top- corner thing.

When he want down the outside he hit the post - he’s so good, so quick. I f**king love him
      andylfcynwa

• 7,511 posts | 794 
      Reply #412: Feb 28, 2019 08:54:22 am

The reality though is that Citeh are still 1 point ahead, but I sense a momentum shift again, but its vital that we beat the bitters as well.

In simple terms could you explain in reality how they are one point ahead ,am I missing something here .
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,486 posts | 2997 
      Reply #413: Feb 28, 2019 08:58:24 am
      In simple terms could you explain in reality how they are one point ahead ,am I missing something here .

Parallel universe perhaps?
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,874 posts | 400 
      Reply #414: Feb 28, 2019 09:22:49 am
      Dear doom merchants,

Past performance is really not indicative of future performance.

Past matches excluding Bournemouth:
      Leicester 1-1
      West Ham 1-1
      Bournemouth 3-0 (to be excluded)
      Bayern 0-0
      United 0-0

These matches ex Bournemouth don't really determine last night's match. If any, they influence your (not talking about you, refering to those people) confidence IF you allow yourself to be shaken by the negatives presented in those matches.

I repeat. Past performance is not indicative of future performance.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      • up the reds
      Reply #415: Feb 28, 2019 09:31:46 am
      Fabinho is from the future. Its no coincidence he is constantly in the right positions on the pitch to retain possession. Another absolute quality performance from him. The fact we have defensive midfielder with that level brain is one thing but having one with that technical ability to go with it is another thing. The perfect fit for this team. Everyone was brilliant last night even Origi but I just wanted to reiterate how brilliant Fabinho was again I genuinely am blown away by him. 10 to go.
      ozi_wozzy
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,442 posts | 244 
      Reply #416: Feb 28, 2019 09:40:02 am
      Absolutely sparkling performance from the lads. Don't even know where to start with quality individual efforts let alone the team. VVD, Mane, Fabinho, Robertson and even Salah without a goal were just fantastic, but what a performance from the young lad Trent Arnold. So good to have him back to his best and I have to say that was his best performance in a Liverpool shirt. Even apologized at one point to the attackers after putting in a superb cross that nobody got on the end of, brilliant mentality and motm for me and everyone else it seems.

Seems like we got the heavy metal back between our teeth.
      « Last Edit: Feb 28, 2019 09:49:41 am by ozi_wozzy »
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,506 posts | 1816 
      Reply #417: Feb 28, 2019 09:40:47 am
      Plays him if he’s fit.

100% not in doubt.

are you still convinced that playing Milner instead of Trent on Sunday made no difference? ;-)
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,506 posts | 1816 
      Reply #418: Feb 28, 2019 09:42:30 am

Sorry meant 1 point behind, phew!!! :-)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,556 posts | 2324 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #419: Feb 28, 2019 09:44:07 am
      In what way? Sunday was a sh*t performance and game, as most people said, yesterday was the opposite. I think you perhaps don't understand what bipolar means. Bipolar would mean, in very simple terms, having different reactions to the same result.

LFC are one point ahead.
      Maybe Sky listing betting odds as part of their "commentary" is confusing people
      as they announced City were still favourites, while plugging their betting service last night.
      Scottbot

• 7,547 posts | 1211 
      Reply #420: Feb 28, 2019 09:45:42 am
      Cracking performance last night. I wasn’t sure if the line up when I saw the team but playing Mane through the middle was a master stroke, reckon we will see more of this. Pre game I was hoping to see Keita play and was disappointed he did not start but Watford are a big strong physical side so Jürgen was bang on with that midfield. Milner in particular was superb in the first half. Fabinho stood out once again and I’m sure he might be first name on the midfield teamsheet now. Trent was incredible, what a performance from the lad! Mo still finding his way but he worked his socks off and caused problems without that little bit of luck (plus he makes a LOT of space for Trent). The dhole back four with Fab in front were imperious and great to see VVD grab a couple of goals. And again Allison with a couple of important saves to preserve the clean sheet. Also nice to see Divock grab a goal with a nice finish, he was solid in that left hand side role.

My first trip to Anfield this season, I fookin love the VVD song, had me phone out to learn the words! Crowd in great voice last night (I sound like Chris Rhea today!) with the Kop belting out full reportoiure of songs from the last 30 years
      « Last Edit: Feb 28, 2019 12:35:31 pm by Scottbot »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,413 posts | 2441 
      Reply #421: Feb 28, 2019 09:54:31 am
      are you still convinced that playing Milner instead of Trent on Sunday made no difference? ;-)

100% - right back was not our issue on Sunday.

Last night he was brilliant though. His best delivery performance of the season by far.

Which is much more relevant.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,506 posts | 1816 
      Reply #422: Feb 28, 2019 10:08:15 am
      100% - right back was not our issue on Sunday.

Last night he was brilliant though. His best delivery performance of the season by far.

Which is much more relevant.

So you didn't notice any difference between the movement, passes and most importantly crosses from Trent last night and Milner's on Sunday, WOW! You my friend are either to proud to admit you were wrong or genuinely do not understand the importance of Trent as RB.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,448 posts | 3518 
      Reply #423: Feb 28, 2019 10:12:29 am
      So you didn't notice any difference between the movement, passes and most importantly crosses from Trent last night and Milner's on Sunday, WOW! You my friend are either to proud to admit you were wrong or genuinely do not understand the importance of Trent as RB.

maybe Trent not playing on Sunday allowed him to perform like he did last night. Having just got back from injury two games in 4 days is a lot. Maybe Jürgen knows better.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,448 posts | 3518 
      Reply #424: Feb 28, 2019 10:17:48 am
      watched the highlights 3 times so far got to say superb but there can be no better sight than 11 Livepool players coming off the pitch with a massive smile on their faces

Quick Reply