Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Watford?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      70 (58.3%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      14 (11.7%)
       Fabinho
      19 (15.8%)
      James Milner
      4 (3.3%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (0.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      10 (8.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (0.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (0.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 119

Voting closed: Mar 03, 2019 09:51:17 pm

Liverpool 5-0 Watford: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 24102 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Re: Liverpool 5-0 Watford: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #345: Feb 27, 2019 10:19:10 pm
      TAA was better first halve, but firminio played his socks off throughout the game

Who did you vote for as MOTM? TAA or Firmino?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #346: Feb 27, 2019 10:20:07 pm
      Ok, just got done with track practice. What the hell?!!!!

I sure hope I can watch a replay of this one.

please book some more Track Practice for Sunday ;D
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,694 posts | 3365 
      Reply #347: Feb 27, 2019 10:21:19 pm
      Perfect  ;D
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #348: Feb 27, 2019 10:21:48 pm
      F**k me, where do I begin?

That was heavy metal football, wow. We tore them apart from start to finish!

Each performance deserves a mention, that was easily our best game of the season and what a perfect time to have it, this could be the catalyst and the boost the players need to get us over the line.

Let me stop rambling, Milner, what a performance, i will be honest i wasn't sure if having him in was a good move from Klopp, i wanted Naby to play so badly, but Milner was exceptional, though many others could have got it, i voted for him as my man of the match. He was everywhere, filling in at LB, filling in at RB at one point i thought he was going to cover for Salah up front haha.

Trent was a close second to man of the match for me, he was also exceptional every pass/cross of his today was sublime, the difference it makes having him out on that right hand side is clear as day. His delivery was great and he provided so much width and space for the rest of the team.

Mane & Van Dijk also could be argued to be MOTM as well, Sadio was exceptional today like Milner he was all over the shop, think he really enjoyed playing most of his time down the middle though, leading to two very well taken finishes. Virgil was hungry for that third at the end weren't he, hopefully those two goals will be a sign of whats to come from set peices.

Salah & Origi need shout outs to, both were relentless but in different areas, Salah was relentless in the sense that he was determined to get at players and make something happen, you could tell he really wanted to score and the team wanted to help also but more than that he showed moments of real class, he played a couple of messi'esque passes to players on the overlap, it was beautiful to watch. Origi was relentless in the sense that he worked so hard for the team and pressed at every opportunity, he was smart in some of the runs and dribbles he made and his industrious performance was re-warded by him scoring a trademark goal coming in from the left.

If i carry on i will end up writing a dissertation piece, all in all exactly what we needed, up the F***ing reds!

Honorable mentions: Everyone else.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #349: Feb 27, 2019 10:22:49 pm

I have been watching him defend Corners his postioning and timing of headers is just so good he actually hardly has to jump the man is a defensive genius
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,171 posts | 1384 
      Reply #350: Feb 27, 2019 10:24:17 pm
      TAA was better first halve, but firminio played his socks off throughout the game

Thought Firmino had a quiet game..just never turned up
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #351: Feb 27, 2019 10:24:42 pm
      Interesting that Bobby not playing and we were more like our old selves.

Was it with him always dropping deep there is always one forward less in the box or more likely the players saw our most creative forward out and took it upon themselves.

We had more pace in our attack without Bobby that's for sure. 

Will be interesting to see what Klopp does with Bobby on Sunday.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #352: Feb 27, 2019 10:26:53 pm

shadow of his former self
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #353: Feb 27, 2019 10:26:57 pm
      Honestly thing hazard is the most overrated player in league (maybe pogba beats him.there)

Doesn't score enough, or create enough, Nd people have him third best in world?!?!?

You're joking right??

Hazard is an amazing player and consistently top 5 in the PL if not higher since he arrived in England.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #354: Feb 27, 2019 10:27:54 pm
      F**k me, where do I begin?

That was heavy metal football, wow. We tore them apart from start to finish!

Each performance deserves a mention, that was easily our best game of the season and what a perfect time to have it, this could be the catalyst and the boost the players need to get us over the line.

Let me stop rambling, Milner, what a performance, i will be honest i wasn't sure if having him in was a good move from Klopp, i wanted Naby to play so badly, but Milner was exceptional, though many others could have got it, i voted for him as my man of the match. He was everywhere, filling in at LB, filling in at RB at one point i thought he was going to cover for Salah up front haha.

Trent was a close second to man of the match for me, he was also exceptional every pass/cross of his today was sublime, the difference it makes having him out on that right hand side is clear as day. His delivery was great and he provided so much width and space for the rest of the team.

Mane & Van Dijk also could be argued to be MOTM as well, Sadio was exceptional today like Milner he was all over the shop, think he really enjoyed playing most of his time down the middle though, leading to two very well taken finishes. Virgil was hungry for that third at the end weren't he, hopefully those two goals will be a sign of whats to come from set peices.

Salah & Origi need shout outs to, both were relentless but in different areas, Salah was relentless in the sense that he was determined to get at players and make something happen, you could tell he really wanted to score and the team wanted to help also but more than that he showed moments of real class, he played a couple of messi'esque passes to players on the overlap, it was beautiful to watch. Origi was relentless in the sense that he worked so hard for the team and pressed at every opportunity, he was smart in some of the runs and dribbles he made and his industrious performance was re-warded by him scoring a trademark goal coming in from the left.

If i carry on i will end up writing a dissertation piece, all in all exactly what we needed, up the f**king reds!

Honorable mentions: Everyone else.

No mention of Fabinho in there.

Thought he was immense tonight.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #355: Feb 27, 2019 10:28:19 pm
      Playing Origi out wide and he scores Playing Mane in a N09 role scores two. That Jürgen Klopp he knows stuff
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #356: Feb 27, 2019 10:28:46 pm
      Thought Firmino had a very quiet game tonight.

Thought I'd join in like
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6358 
      Reply #357: Feb 27, 2019 10:29:15 pm
      Why did you spoil it for yourself?!?!?! Argh!

It wasn’t broadcast over here so I couldn’t have watched it later anyway. Gonna have to try and find a replay or something.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #358: Feb 27, 2019 10:29:47 pm
      No mention of Fabinho in there.

Thought he was immense tonight.

Did you not see the honorable mentions ;)

Honestly, i could have spoken about every player that started the game tonight and more, but i didn't want to bore you all haha.

It was an immense performance, everyone who took part can be proud of that, also the crowd were just as amazing!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #359: Feb 27, 2019 10:30:16 pm
      Missed the game due to work and didn't realise MOTD was on so a nice surprise now.

Excellent result.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #360: Feb 27, 2019 10:30:57 pm
      Interesting that Bobby not playing and we were more like our old selves.

!!! I like Origi. Did a lot more for defense and pressing than Daniel and Xherdan would have done. Did also some things where u see potential when anticipating him having more minutes on the pitch and getting into some rhythm. Would re-think to hold him for LFC.

Now, on the downside it wouldn't be the first time we look like contenders at home against weaker teams, just to look like pretenders a week later on a hostile stadium against not-so-weak teams. @Everton will be the real judgement, and then @Bayern, vs. Chelski and Spurs. So stay tuned.
      Harrisimo

• 8,171 posts | 1384 
      Reply #361: Feb 27, 2019 10:31:08 pm
      Some great crosses by TAA. He has an educated right foot. Right full/wing back is a vital position in Klopp's tactics. Will this performance play against Hendo. You could say if Milner had put in quality crosses we might have scored V United and Hendo might've kept his place. Klopp tho probably still not sure what his best midfield is.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #362: Feb 27, 2019 10:31:39 pm
      Personally I thought Origi did nothing to justify his selection, but that's just my opinion. Yes he scored a goal but he didn't track back, he didn't run, he didn't press. That being said he did nothing bad either. Didn't put a foot wrong because he was largely anonymous. Trent on the other hand showed exactly what we've been missing and why Klopp was a loon for leaving him out of the United match. Great game, great statement but the next game has to be as well and the one after that. We can't have this up and down form we've had all year, they have to show we've turned a corner and keep destiny in our own hands.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Re: Live: Liverpool v Watford
      Reply #363: Feb 27, 2019 10:31:50 pm
      This performance shows that the only thing we have to worry about is OUR teams performance, No one can catch us if we don't let them! NO ONE! C.O.Y.R. Y.N.W.A.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #364: Feb 27, 2019 10:34:00 pm
      This performance shows that the only thing we have to worry about is OUR teams performance, No one can catch us if we don't let them! NO ONE! C.O.Y.R. Y.N.W.A.

10 games left just count the wins down and City can do nothing about us
      Harrisimo

• 8,171 posts | 1384 
      Reply #365: Feb 27, 2019 10:34:30 pm
      !!! I like Origi. Did a lot more for defense and pressing than Daniel and Xherdan would have done. Did also some things where u see potential when anticipating him having more minutes on the pitch and getting into some rhythm. Would re-think to hold him for LFC.

Now, on the downside it wouldn't be the first time we look like contenders at home against weaker teams, just to look like pretenders a week later on a hostile stadium against not-so-weak teams. @Everton will be the real judgement, and then @Bayern, vs. Chelski and Spurs. So stay tuned.

I did say. a few weeks back,that Origi should get more game time and I was shot down... on the flip side I said VVD should be more aggressive going up for corners and free kicks...got 2 goals tonight..
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #366: Feb 27, 2019 10:34:31 pm

Disagree. Thought he sat well throughout. Knew what was going on around him.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #367: Feb 27, 2019 10:36:31 pm
      Well that was fun,such a buzz after the disappointment of the united game.Had a great stream as well no buffering/refresh or any of that sh*te for the whole match.Almost tempted to go out for a pint but there's a snowstorm heading this way.Tough F***ing motm choice today for the right reasons, always good.

Quick Reply